Recession...

TeamGreen
Edited Date/Time 10/28/2022 7:19am
I figured it was time to discuss the -perfect example- of this president's ability to lie and deny the absolute truth about his failures and just how bad his administration is doing...

Let's talk about the word...indeed the term...

Recession.

What is a Recession?

Recession is a term used to signify a slowdown in general economic activity. In macroeconomics, recessions are officially recognized after two consecutive quarters of negative GDP growth rates. In the U.S., they are declared by a committee of experts at the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER).

About the NBER, they usually don't get around to defining a recession until we're waaaay down the road and 'in one". However, the media and the experts call a recession out...USUALLY...as we approach one...as we see the 2nd quarter of crappy results...

But...if you listen to Little Miss "Look at ME" at the Whitehouse...there's no recession! Everything is FINE!

If you ask the president: "More jobs than EVER, Jack!" Does ANYONE ask him if we're back to pre-panickdemic levels? (Uh, no!)

His cabinet is reported to be "out and about" pressuring newsies to spin all economic reporting to the positive... I mean, COME ON...that's HILARIOUS!

CPI?
Infaltion rates?
Price of energy?
Market fluctuations?
Anyone take a look at Mortgage Interest Rate changes?
Just go buy a gallon if gas, a gallon of milk or a carton of eggs; but, don't go to the butcher-counter...your head might explode!

Alllllll the while, they're pushing their "pronouns" and their non-productive "green agenda" and their "build back better" stupidity...oh, and...let's not forget how they outright attack ANY Democrat that doesn't fall inline with their leftist insanity...anyone watch the Veeep as she shit all over language and reason, yesterday? Ouch!

Again, this "Recession" word-play" is just another example of HOW they change the meaning of words.
How they change the meaning of truth and reality.

And it's all happening right in front of us.
Again.
|
early
Fantasy
2212th
7/28/2022 8:15am
It won't be a real recession until the housing bubble pops
Zycki11
7/28/2022 8:18am
early wrote:
Housing is already at 17.1% but they have skewed that number and said 9.1%. It’s all lies
early
Fantasy
2212th
7/28/2022 8:21am
early wrote:
Zycki11 wrote:
Housing is already at 17.1% but they have skewed that number and said 9.1%. It’s all lies
I mean mortgage defaults, that's when the pain hits

The Shop

TeamGreen
7/28/2022 8:23am
early wrote:
Zycki11 wrote:
early wrote:
That’s more than a recession…that’s shit show. One can hope don’t have anywhere near the number of defaults/bad loans that we had last time.
early
Fantasy
2212th
7/28/2022 8:33am
Zycki11 wrote:
early wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
That’s more than a recession…that’s shit show. One can hope don’t have anywhere near the number of defaults/bad loans that we had last time.
I gotta wonder if the selling prices on the coasts and sunbelt in the last year and a half can be upheld, fixed low interest rates will help but man, how many people are over $5k a month all-in with mortgage, taxes, insurance. Can they keep it up without the money machine cranking?
Joey_Bridges
7/28/2022 9:07am
Right now she and I are so glad that everything we own, save for one short term rental cabin, that pays for itself, is paid off.
Homes, vehicles, etc...
And we, for the most part, pay cash up front for anything we need.
Took a lot of work and sacrifice.

And, I'm lucky that my clientele aren't beholding to banks and interest rates in order to have us build their homes.
Sorry plowboy, but the wealthy in this nation are the only thing between us and a full blown depression.
Because it's damn sure not the government making things run as well as it is, considering the hurdles our government has put in place to strangle them.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
7/28/2022 9:29am
It's here. We are already in a recession, and the housing market is already tanking. "Cratering" is the term used in a recent economist's assertion, I believe, when talking about demand. Home prices are expected to fall about 25% to the trough, from what I read in a few releases yesterday.
moto162
7/28/2022 10:00am
Zycki11 wrote:
early wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
I can no longer see how we don't have a fairly large amount of defaults coming maybe not as bad as the Clinton driveen, Bush ignored, Obama mismanaged housing bubble but it's gonna happen. Watching what these houses, town homes and condos are selling for is INSANE. I do 2-4 inspections a day. On most of these places I'm watching be sold in the last 6 months if anything happens negatively to thier employment or the economy they will never get their money back out of these properties in the next 10-15 years. That's one of the biggest differences I'm seeing between now and 2008. Most people where upside down from losing income on houses they could barely afford at reasonably normal prices. Not because thier home isn't worth that amount.

I have a friend that's an appraiser he's losing business because he's giving honest home prices and not current market value. The buyers are happy because it gives them a honest look at what they have but both real estate agents and sellers are not. He's almost ready to take some money and go on a year hiatus/vacation with the old lady and kid around the world till the insanity stops. Had him come over to a 1 bedroom basic as basic can be condo for tenat looking to buy it. Nice people and best people to have lived behind my house in years. I honestly dont want them to leave as my property value goes up and down with who lives in this building. Anyways the unit that shares a wall with this one sold 6 months ago for 83k and in much better shape. This place the real estate agent has the owner convinced he can get him 130-120k. It apprised by my guy at 77k normal market and 97k in the current market. An increasee of 17% over the next door unit which is fair. It was funny watching the appraiser of the real easte guy trying to justify his appraisal of 126k. But as my guy said they might find someone desperate to buy it around 100-110 but it will never stay at that value in a normal market so it's only good as a starter.

Crazy times ahead people. I hope not but it's looking that way.
moto162
7/28/2022 10:07am
Right now she and I are so glad that everything we own, save for one short term rental cabin, that pays for itself, is paid off...
Right now she and I are so glad that everything we own, save for one short term rental cabin, that pays for itself, is paid off.
Homes, vehicles, etc...

And, I'm lucky that my clientele aren't beholding to banks and interest rates in order to have us build their homes.
Sorry plowboy, but the wealthy in this nation are the only thing between us and a full blown depression.
Because it's damn sure not the government making things run as well as it is, considering the hurdles our government has put in place to strangle them.
I'm right there with you the upper middle and upper class is what's keeping us afloat for now but how long can that last? Another 3-6 months at this rate.
early
Fantasy
2212th
7/28/2022 10:08am
Anyone know how widespread refinancing at a higher price to get liquid cash has been? That's one of the things that really sunk the market in '08.
mvd61
7/28/2022 10:44am
All by design so BlackRock/Vanguard and the lot can gobble as much property up as they please. I still stand by my lunatic approach of dragging the politicians out of their gated homes and you know… some real western justice instead of slaps on the wrist. We gotta scale back our spending but those cockroaches capitalize on every down turn. It’s time to stand up and say fuck you we have had enough. Spill the blood.
Zycki11
7/28/2022 10:55am
mvd61 wrote:
All by design so BlackRock/Vanguard and the lot can gobble as much property up as they please. I still stand by my lunatic approach of dragging...
All by design so BlackRock/Vanguard and the lot can gobble as much property up as they please. I still stand by my lunatic approach of dragging the politicians out of their gated homes and you know… some real western justice instead of slaps on the wrist. We gotta scale back our spending but those cockroaches capitalize on every down turn. It’s time to stand up and say fuck you we have had enough. Spill the blood.
Don't forget State Street. It is unreal how our government has allowed them to own so much equity without dismantling them. I mean for ducks sake, they crumbled Southwestern Bell back in the day. These guys are 150X that
TeamGreen
7/28/2022 12:08pm
Biden inherited a recovery and created a recession.
Did ya see the Prez try to spin it…again…today?

Suuuuuch a POS.
7/28/2022 12:11pm
Biden inherited a recovery and created a recession.
TeamGreen wrote:
Did ya see the Prez try to spin it…again…today?

Suuuuuch a POS.
not yet... but im sure i will, unfortunately.

LGB
LoudLove
7/28/2022 12:14pm
3Q results will either signal a recovery or confirm the worst. If the recession was a race, it hasn’t seen the checkers yet, but it’s on the last lap and just cleared Larocco’s Leap, heading for the left-hand sweeper…
TeamGreen
7/28/2022 12:59pm
Please be advised, the Mainstream Media & The Democratic Party do not recognize THIS “so-called-recession”.

Thank you
Joey_Bridges
7/28/2022 2:08pm
moto162 wrote:
I'm right there with you the upper middle and upper class is what's keeping us afloat for now but how long can that last? Another 3-6...
I'm right there with you the upper middle and upper class is what's keeping us afloat for now but how long can that last? Another 3-6 months at this rate.
Luckily I'm in a red state where people of means are fleeing to, before their home state taxes them into oblivion.
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
7/28/2022 3:34pm Edited Date/Time 7/28/2022 3:37pm
Maybe Biden can give out some stimulus checks to get us out of this recession Laughing

Look for the liberal media to list reasons why “a recession is good for you”…to match the previous “ why inflation is good for you” and why “high gas prices are good for you” articles…
Zycki11
7/28/2022 3:51pm
Brad460 wrote:
Maybe Biden can give out some stimulus checks to get us out of this recession :laugh: Look for the liberal media to list reasons why “a...
Maybe Biden can give out some stimulus checks to get us out of this recession Laughing

Look for the liberal media to list reasons why “a recession is good for you”…to match the previous “ why inflation is good for you” and why “high gas prices are good for you” articles…
They will, wait and watch for it q1 of 2023. The recession won’t happen until AFTER November. Then watch as major hitters like Walmart, target etc start laying off employees and selling things at discounts because nobody can purchase anything.

Apple, Amazon, Google, Microsoft all posted poor earnings and below the mark reports. But our stock market is rocketing the last two days. What does that tell you? It is controlled by banks and hedge funds and is merely a laundering scheme. It no longer functions on logic or supply and demand.

2023 will be the worst year of this
plowboy
7/28/2022 4:41pm
Right now she and I are so glad that everything we own, save for one short term rental cabin, that pays for itself, is paid off...
Homes, vehicles, etc...

I never said that being rich and successful is a bad thing. Wealthy people spending money that supports working folks is a great thing. That's how this whole thing works I reckon. I was referring to the mega rich that influence policy, markets, world affairs for their own benefit...fuck the country and it's people.

Wealthy people put a lot of eats on my table...I didn't ask their politics. But those were just comfortably rich...not global economic changing rich.
plowboy
7/28/2022 4:44pm
Brad460 wrote:
Maybe Biden can give out some stimulus checks to get us out of this recession :laugh: Look for the liberal media to list reasons why “a...

Well, the truth is...if you are an oil company or stock holder...you ain't bitching about gas prices are you?
Zycki11
7/28/2022 5:29pm
Brad460 wrote:

plowboy wrote:
Well, the truth is...if you are an oil company or stock holder...you ain't bitching about gas prices are you?
The ultimate kick to the face. When you try to punish oil companies with your idiotic ideas and it it backfires and makes them richer. The guy hasn’t gotten one thing right lol
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
7/28/2022 6:08pm Edited Date/Time 7/28/2022 6:10pm
Brad460 wrote:

plowboy wrote:
Well, actually as someone who works for an oil and gas company, this is not a desirable situation. Short term record profit (boom) due to high energy prices leads to a recession. Recession leads to a bust. A bust will lead to major job losses.

It’s much more preferable to have steady $70 a barrel oil prices and ~$2.80 gas. You know, what we saw during Trump years.. Instead Biden and Democrats immediately went on the attack against fossil fuels, which reduced investment resulting in our record high prices..

TeamGreen
7/28/2022 6:35pm
Brad460 wrote:

plowboy wrote:
Brad460 wrote:
Well, actually as someone who works for an oil and gas company, this is not a desirable situation. Short term record profit (boom) due to high...
Well, actually as someone who works for an oil and gas company, this is not a desirable situation. Short term record profit (boom) due to high energy prices leads to a recession. Recession leads to a bust. A bust will lead to major job losses.

It’s much more preferable to have steady $70 a barrel oil prices and ~$2.80 gas. You know, what we saw during Trump years.. Instead Biden and Democrats immediately went on the attack against fossil fuels, which reduced investment resulting in our record high prices..

Wait ‘til the true intent of Biden’s plan is absorbed by the masses. Remember, he said he was getting rid of fossil fuels.

His campaign stuff was clllllassic liberal insanity.

And, now, it’s here…right in our face.

November better bring some serious change in leadership or the oil and gas industry will likely start a serious “roll down” in operational infrastructure and production.
Why?
Because, when your government is making it VERY CLEAR that they don’t want you…
Well, you get the picture.

Even if things do turn around for the gas & oil industry, they’ll need to invest in creating their own banking mechanisms and they are gonna need to go “Balls Deep” on the lobbying side to make up for the damage that Biden/Kerry and Company have done. Yup, they’ve got to get their “access back”.
“Access Lost”…they’ve been pushed out of some of the best oil resources on the continent. From Alaska to Texas to Off Shore, the left has fucked it all up.
MO 23
7/28/2022 6:45pm Edited Date/Time 7/28/2022 7:20pm
Is anyone actually surprised a politician is trying to put a positive spin on bad news.

Biden is a shit President, there is no doubt about it. So I am not defending him.

And there is zero arguing that we are in a recession in almost all countries around the globe.
The definition is clear and cannot be argued.

Every country printed money like crazy through the pandemic, leaders from both the left and right around the world by and large did the same thing fiscally. Few people would argue that it was the wrong thing to do.
unfortunately it does come at a price, a price we are now paying
Macroeconomics 101

Post a reply to: Recession...

The Latest