Paul Harvey

rubarb
Posts
2042
Joined
6/12/2007
Location
byda beech, CA, USA
Edited Date/Time 1/21/2012 12:30am
Turns 90 today.

76 years in radio.
|
WORCSRacer
Posts
2295
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Clovis, CA, USA
9/4/2008 6:45am
rubarb wrote:
Turns 90 today.

76 years in radio.
Paul Harvey
































Good day.
Racer92
Posts
17965
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Central, TX, USA
9/4/2008 7:05am
I listen to his broadcast daily. (mostly his son on there nowadays).
Cygnus
Posts
14845
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Hanover, CO, USA
9/4/2008 7:07am
What's the rest of the story ?
SEEMEFIRST
Posts
14211
Joined
8/21/2006
Location
Arlington, TX, USA
9/4/2008 7:30am
Really? 48 years and never knew we shared a B-day.

Hope he's got more in him, I've been hearing his voice since I can remember, and a sad day it will be when that voice goes silent.

The Shop

jonjon714
Posts
5916
Joined
4/29/2008
Location
Virginia Beach, VA, USA
9/4/2008 7:36am
Happy 48th SMF!! Your an old fucker aint cha?
SEEMEFIRST
Posts
14211
Joined
8/21/2006
Location
Arlington, TX, USA
9/4/2008 8:01am
Dammit! I said that out loud, didn't I? Yes, I'm an OMF. I still get $25.00/ year from an old boss who bet me I'd never see 21 years. Grand total of $675.00 so far.Grinning
jay_547
Posts
640
Joined
4/7/2008
Location
Broken Arrow, OK, USA
9/4/2008 8:03am
you're younger than me.

but don't look it.
Racer92
Posts
17965
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Central, TX, USA
9/4/2008 8:14am Edited Date/Time 9/4/2008 8:14am
HFB you auld phuck! Wink
SEEMEFIRST
Posts
14211
Joined
8/21/2006
Location
Arlington, TX, USA
9/4/2008 8:36am
Uh, thanks you silver tounged devils.
JustMX
Posts
5346
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
9/4/2008 8:46am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 8:19pm
He is probably the reason lunch breaks are traditionally at noon sharp...so people could listen to the whole 15 minute broadcast....

I can remember my grandfather driving his truck up to the top of a hill at lunch so we could pick up the station he was on.
JustMX
Posts
5346
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
9/4/2008 8:47am
WhipMeister
Posts
5281
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Big D, TX, USA
9/4/2008 11:01am
jonjon714 wrote:
Happy 48th SMF!! Your an old fucker aint cha?
Kids.
WhipMeister
Posts
5281
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Big D, TX, USA
9/4/2008 11:04am
JustMX wrote:
He is probably the reason lunch breaks are traditionally at noon sharp...so people could listen to the whole 15 minute broadcast.... I can remember my grandfather...
He is probably the reason lunch breaks are traditionally at noon sharp...so people could listen to the whole 15 minute broadcast....

I can remember my grandfather driving his truck up to the top of a hill at lunch so we could pick up the station he was on.
Used to work with a guy just like that. Every day at about 10 til noon he'd go get his sandwich, sit back down, pull this ancient AM radio out of his desk drawer, plug it in and listen to Harvey while he ate. When it was over, unplug it and back everything went. Same ritual every day.
Tiki
Posts
10674
Joined
8/1/2006
Location
Corona, CA, USA
Fantasy
9/4/2008 11:25am
Love that guys broadcasts.
Bob693
Posts
1409
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
9/4/2008 1:33pm
He's a true icon.
paulmerritt
Posts
62
Joined
4/21/2007
Location
Bradenton, FL, USA
9/4/2008 4:17pm
Used to listen to him with my granddad.
rubarb
Posts
2042
Joined
6/12/2007
Location
byda beech, CA, USA
9/5/2008 9:49am
Bob693 wrote:
He's a true icon.
I remember a while back, there was a discussion on the radio about Rick Robert's ten year anniversary on talk radio, and Paul Harvey said............"well Rick, thats a good start"
slowvet
Posts
1905
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
San Marcos, CA, USA
9/5/2008 10:29am
Good day.
rallendude
Posts
2203
Joined
8/17/2006
Location
Adger, AL, USA
9/5/2008 1:14pm
HAH!!!

Post a reply to: Paul Harvey

The Latest