Paradise fire

Related:
Create New Tag

11/9/2018 8:07 AM

Shit Scottie now they're saying Paradise is practically gone ... I didn't even know about the fire till this morning and now the damn town is gone?!?
There's only one way outta there!

|

11/9/2018 8:38 AM

We have several friends who lived in Paradise they made it out okay but everything's gone.

|

11/9/2018 8:42 AM

this one is insane, i haven't been keeping up on it but do they know how it was started? has an entire town ever been lost that quickly before? crazy

|

11/9/2018 10:49 AM

Still no word on how the fire started in the canyon.

|

11/9/2018 10:56 AM

Photo
From my roof in Simi Valley..........The videos from the paradise fires are crazy.
|

11/9/2018 11:28 AM

Caught a bit of that on the news last night. Sad stuff and it was spreading incredibly fast. No time to save anything just grab a few things and get the hell out.

Meanwhile, it won't stop raining here in Southeast Texas. Best of luck to all of you out there.

|

11/9/2018 1:18 PM

Check out this before/after pic w00t

Photo

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

11/9/2018 1:28 PM

Even the sign burned down

Photo

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

11/9/2018 1:30 PM

newmann wrote:

Caught a bit of that on the news last night. Sad stuff and it was spreading incredibly fast. No time to save anything just grab a few things and get the hell out.

Meanwhile, it won't stop raining here in Southeast Texas. Best of luck to all of you out there.

Ya man, 40MPH winds blew that thing fast! Scary shit, we have now had fires on both sides of us.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

11/9/2018 2:43 PM

newmann wrote:

Caught a bit of that on the news last night. Sad stuff and it was spreading incredibly fast. No time to save anything just grab a few things and get the hell out.

Meanwhile, it won't stop raining here in Southeast Texas. Best of luck to all of you out there.

ocscottie wrote:

Ya man, 40MPH winds blew that thing fast! Scary shit, we have now had fires on both sides of us.

At least I had a house full of stuff to take a boat back to. Nothing left after a fire, which brings up the question, is wildfire insurance a separate policy like a flood insurance policy? Earthquake insurance? You guys have a whole other list of stuff to worry about than we do.

|

11/9/2018 3:13 PM

Those fires are frightening! Some newscaster said this morning the fire was burning the equivalent of a football field every 3 seconds!

|

11/9/2018 5:23 PM

It's the wind. Just accelerates this shit so much. Really horrible. Newmann's right -- I'd pick almost any natural disaster over a hellish wall of flame consuming the landscape at an acre a second. That's three seconds for my three acre plot to go up.

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

11/9/2018 11:40 PM

Damn! i just caught the tail end of the news tonight and they said 6,700 structures (mostly homes) have been burned to the ground. Thats fucking heavy man, 90,000 acres and only 5% containment.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

11/10/2018 6:38 AM

BMSOBx2 wrote:

Still no word on how the fire started in the canyon.

Still nothing official however pge states they had an outage in the area around the time of fire.
My dept has engines in paradise and Malibu. Just devastating photos and video.

|

11/10/2018 12:51 PM

Just insane, wifes side of the family lost 2 homes and waiting on word on her grandfathers home. The whole damn town was gone in less than 24 hours.

|

11/10/2018 1:56 PM

Appears to have been quite a few people burned to death in their cars. Gruesome stuff. No time to react to something like that.sad

|

11/11/2018 9:28 AM

I went and rode E Street MX yesterday in nearby Marysville and the smoke was unreal, it literally looked like riding in an apocalypse with the sun turning everything orange.

I saw a picture of a guy's truck with all of his headlight/taillight covers and wheel well covers melted after he went in multiple times to get others to safety, I can't even imagine what it would be like to get caught in something like that. We had some really bad winds earlier when the fire broke out and I think that just made things exponentially worse, definitely serves as a reminder that this is mother natures world and we're just living in it. This whole damn state has been on fire for months it seems like, just one after another after another.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com



11/11/2018 10:13 AM

The wife alert me when the fire broke out, knowing I have Uncle's, Aunt's and Cousins scattered around the hills leading up to Paradise. I mocked "just another annual " seems back 30years or more that's how I remember. Homes were lost, rarely a life, but damn this Camp Fire was no annual. Horrifying seeing videos of the Exodus, I expected several to not make that get away. Four of the five homes in my family were destroyed. My Aunt and Uncles in their mid 80's were retired "Pickers". They were relentless, worked hard and we're very good at it. They had many many valuable pieces they could-would never let go with. The Camp Fire took it all away. I can only imagine my feeble little things I hold on to if all taken away the gut check... But all of their life's work, passion, history, all those memories left in ashes, in minutes. But they lived their dream and it all ends eventually no doubt. Thankfully and most importantly they're all safe!!
I am so sorry for that community and especially for those that lost their loved ones.

|

11/11/2018 11:54 AM

My little bro has to work there today and tomorrow (he is a cop) His friend told him the last two days they would go check on cars that looked like they were burned, they would look inside and see ashes in the seats...with nothing left but a pair of legs. Talk about horrific!

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

11/11/2018 12:50 PM

Buddy of mine hauling rock in for staging areas PG&E friday told me it's unbelievable what's happened. I'm originally from Live Oak on 99 and just am amazed to how fast it blew up.

|

11/12/2018 7:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/12/2018 7:04 AM

BMSOBx2 wrote:

Still no word on how the fire started in the canyon.

Slaughter612s wrote:

Still nothing official however pge states they had an outage in the area around the time of fire.
My dept has engines in paradise and Malibu. Just devastating photos and video.

PG&E Had a problem with lines arcing in the wind and started the fire.
www.rogueweather.com is a good resource for the area and up to the minute updates. Their Facebook page is much better than the website.

|

11/12/2018 7:08 AM

JM485 wrote:

I went and rode E Street MX yesterday in nearby Marysville and the smoke was unreal, it literally looked like riding in an apocalypse with the sun turning everything orange.

I saw a picture of a guy's truck with all of his headlight/taillight covers and wheel well covers melted after he went in multiple times to get others to safety, I can't even imagine what it would be like to get caught in something like that. We had some really bad winds earlier when the fire broke out and I think that just made things exponentially worse, definitely serves as a reminder that this is mother natures world and we're just living in it. This whole damn state has been on fire for months it seems like, just one after another after another.

I was headed up and decided to turn around at Sheridan. It was a lot of smoke, not worth it in my book. Stay safe. Cheers

|

11/12/2018 9:05 AM

JM485 wrote:

I went and rode E Street MX yesterday in nearby Marysville and the smoke was unreal, it literally looked like riding in an apocalypse with the sun turning everything orange.

I saw a picture of a guy's truck with all of his headlight/taillight covers and wheel well covers melted after he went in multiple times to get others to safety, I can't even imagine what it would be like to get caught in something like that. We had some really bad winds earlier when the fire broke out and I think that just made things exponentially worse, definitely serves as a reminder that this is mother natures world and we're just living in it. This whole damn state has been on fire for months it seems like, just one after another after another.

Slaughter612s wrote:

I was headed up and decided to turn around at Sheridan. It was a lot of smoke, not worth it in my book. Stay safe. Cheers

We were checking the air quality Friday evening and Saturday morning before we left, and it didn't look any worse than down here so we said screw it and made the drive up. About 10min outside of Marysville we pretty much hit the wall of smoke, it got distinctly worse and when we got the 12:00 air quality update it had gone up almost 100 points from early in the morning (like 215 on a scale of 250). Probably not the smartest idea to ride anyways but after driving for two hours we didn't want to turn around. If anyone wants to see how bad the smoke was look up my IG @485Josh and check out the helmet cam footage I posted, it basically looks like we were riding through fog.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com



11/13/2018 12:49 PM

here's a pretty unreal before/after picture gallery

heartbreaking stuff, i can't imagine losing everything in one swoop like so many
|

11/13/2018 3:32 PM

peelout wrote: here's a pretty unreal before/after picture gallery

heartbreaking stuff, i can't imagine losing everything in one swoop like so many

Damn, that is so devastating bro, over 6,700 homes gone and over 260 businesses just gone.

I remember after the big earthquake of 1989 in the bay area, i lived in Saratoga, like 30 miles from the epicenter. The next morning my chick and I drive down to Los Gatos that is ever closer, the town was shutdown. Businesses that had been there for years were knocked off their foundations, but still nothing like fire where everything is just straight up GONE! I cant even imagine.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

11/13/2018 3:59 PM

I live in Chico which is at the bottom of the hill from Paradise. My mom who lived there showed up at my house around 9:30 that morning having just barely made it out in time. She grabbed her two dogs but lost everything else. A beautiful older home that they just put about 150k into renovating. Her husband had a very large and impressive gun collection and a tool shop that would make almost anyone jealous. 2 Vettes, a bitchin 71’ Chevy pickup and loads of stuff that well off retired people accumulate over a lifetime. It was all gone by about noon that day. Photo

|

11/14/2018 8:13 AM

gonemoto wrote:

I live in Chico which is at the bottom of the hill from Paradise. My mom who lived there showed up at my house around 9:30 that morning having just barely made it out in time. She grabbed her two dogs but lost everything else. A beautiful older home that they just put about 150k into renovating. Her husband had a very large and impressive gun collection and a tool shop that would make almost anyone jealous. 2 Vettes, a bitchin 71’ Chevy pickup and loads of stuff that well off retired people accumulate over a lifetime. It was all gone by about noon that day. Photo

damn man, i'm really sorry to hear of your family's loss. i can't imagine losing everything like that

|

11/14/2018 11:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/14/2018 11:09 AM

Not only did i ride at PAL, we used to run the place on Wednesday practice days, so if you rode there during the week, my mom probably signed you in, This is the OG original PAL when it was at the dump, not by Great America. I got hurt in '85 so i wasnt there during the quake days. I did do a lot of riding / racing at the Great America PAL though, even helped open it. That was a damn fun track, but the OG PAL goes way back to when i was just a little dude.

Here is me at the old PAL 1979

Photo

..and at the Great America PAL 1982

Photo

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

11/14/2018 7:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/14/2018 7:42 PM

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/california/la-me-pge-paradise-fire-destruction-20181114-story.html


In a grim sign for the Northern California utility giant, Pacific Gas & Electric Co. said Wednesday that if it is deemed responsible for the fire that destroyed much of Paradise, the liability would exceed its insurance coverage.

|

in a past life, I was myself

when opportunity knocked, it waited because I was busy

I gave my father a talking to

11/14/2018 8:47 PM

CR250Rider wrote:

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/california/la-me-pge-paradise-fire-destruction-20181114-story.html


In a grim sign for the Northern California utility giant, Pacific Gas & Electric Co. said Wednesday that if it is deemed responsible for the fire that destroyed much of Paradise, the liability would exceed its insurance coverage.

Wont matter. They will go bankrupt, tell everyone to suck it, and continue on like nothing happened.

|