Watch this and yours can too ...

https://youtu.be/UKxQTvqcpSg
|
plowboy
2/27/2021 6:07am
lestat wrote:
Watch this and yours can too ...

https://youtu.be/UKxQTvqcpSg
Not a bit of brain pain here. As soon as he started talking my eyes glazed over and I remembered I needed to clip my toenails and wondered if harbor freight has any 10" inner tubes in stock...lol...it went into overload protection mode. I'm glad there are smart people out there doing the heavy lifting for idiots like me.
KMC440
2/27/2021 6:13am
Time is a concept developed by man to make order. Without man time doesn't exist.
plowboy
2/27/2021 6:28am
KMC440 wrote:
Time is a concept developed by man to make order. Without man time doesn't exist.
If a tree falls in the forest....Silly
KMC440
2/27/2021 7:44am Edited Date/Time 2/27/2021 7:45am
If the sound waves don't hit an auditory canal with an anvil and ear drum then no.

The Shop

Robgvx
2/27/2021 8:03am
Was very keen to watch that. Love that kind of stuff.

Managed about three minutes before he lost me.

Damn.
Kenny Lingus
2/27/2021 9:47am
If you think of time as a measurement of motion it kind of makes sense. Still hard as hell to wrap my head around but love it.

What really makes my brain hurt is thinking about how relative to size, an atom is to us then scale up to our solar system, which reminds me of an atom. What is relative to the solar system? Are we just an "atom" of something so huge we can't comprehend? Throw in dark matter and I feel like my head wants to explode. Now I got to go cut some firewood to get my mind off it. 😂
plowboy
2/27/2021 11:39am
If old Albert laid out the ground rules that most of the egg heads use to merely THINK about stuff like this...the next Einstein like mind that can APPLY this knowledge and create something functional will truly push humanity forward....unless we kill ourselves first.
APLMAN99
2/27/2021 12:56pm
KMC440 wrote:
Developed or discovered?

I think it’s the latter, but if we’re talking about how to measure time then I could understand it being the former.
plowboy
2/27/2021 1:25pm
KMC440 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
Developed or discovered?

I think it’s the latter, but if we’re talking about how to measure time then I could understand it being the former.
Eyes glazing over....does the fence need painting....why does my dog love my wife more than me...why am I afraid of that double...it's the same distance as that tabletop but with the middle scooped out.

My brain shuts down when the thought is too big.
Kenny Lingus
2/27/2021 1:51pm
KMC440 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
Developed or discovered?

Einstein said time was invented to make motion look simple. So I and Einstein agree with KMC440.
plowboy
2/27/2021 1:58pm
Aristotle: Time is the measurement of motion...whatever that means.
M1000
2/27/2021 2:12pm
KMC440 wrote:
When wolves circle there prey (deer), the lead wolf yelps “it’s Time”. Dinner time.
lestat
2/27/2021 2:54pm
KMC440 wrote:
Ahhhh ... this is a very interesting thought , because it brings in the question of what role does consciousness play in the nature of reality of our observed universe . Something that humans have been thinking about since at least the times of Plato and we haven’t made much progress . This question of consciousness ties into the “measurement problem” in quantum mechanics . Idealism , dualism , materialism , what philosopher David Chalmers calls the hard problem . Deep deep stuff . I have my own crazy idea that time is actually 3 dimensional but our consciousness is only aware of 1 , which is why we experience time as being determined in the past but not determined in the future , so we experience time as a series of ‘nows’ and this is what the “many worlds” interpretation of quantum mechanics is describing . But this screws up all of causality and our observations of entropy and would require negative mass particles , which we have no evidence of , other than being theoretically possible in our current equations . So ... probably all wrong ... but I tried lol .
lestat
2/27/2021 2:57pm
KMC440 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
Developed or discovered?

Einstein said time was invented to make motion look simple. So I and Einstein agree with KMC440.
This is consistent with Loop Quantum Gravity theory , where time is emergent and not fundamental .
KMC440
2/27/2021 3:00pm
KMC440 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
Developed or discovered?

Kenny... Albert and I thank you.

Think about it... there is no such thing as time in the natural universe. In order to construct the building blocks of reality there has to be order and structure.

Time is that cornerstone of which all things are measured to and against.

Gravity is the one thing that can warp time. Because time as we know it is rooted in light and light can be bent by gravity, therefore warping time.

I didn't finish college so don't ask me to elaborate any further but these are my silly beliefs.
lestat
2/27/2021 3:24pm
KMC440 wrote:
Kenny... Albert and I thank you. Think about it... there is no such thing as time in the natural universe. In order to construct the building...
Kenny... Albert and I thank you.

Think about it... there is no such thing as time in the natural universe. In order to construct the building blocks of reality there has to be order and structure.

Time is that cornerstone of which all things are measured to and against.

Gravity is the one thing that can warp time. Because time as we know it is rooted in light and light can be bent by gravity, therefore warping time.

I didn't finish college so don't ask me to elaborate any further but these are my silly beliefs.
A small point , Einstein equivalence tells us that gravity and also acceleration warp time . If we talk about things being constructed , don’t we need time as part of the equation ? Seems to me that if time doesn’t exist then everything that can exist must exist because without time , change is not possible . Interesting . Seems to me that your idea also wrecks our observations of causality and entropy , like my crazy idea does ... but we did it in totally different ways lol . Interesting idea for sure . I’m gonna think about your way of looking at it some more , when my brain stops hurting . Cheers .
2/27/2021 4:53pm
KMC440 wrote:
plowboy wrote:
Said another way:

The thing we call time, well I suppose it’d still be a thing even if we weren’t.
2/27/2021 4:59pm
KMC440 wrote:
lestat wrote:
Ahhhh ... this is a very interesting thought , because it brings in the question of what role does consciousness play in the nature of reality...
Ahhhh ... this is a very interesting thought , because it brings in the question of what role does consciousness play in the nature of reality of our observed universe . Something that humans have been thinking about since at least the times of Plato and we haven’t made much progress . This question of consciousness ties into the “measurement problem” in quantum mechanics . Idealism , dualism , materialism , what philosopher David Chalmers calls the hard problem . Deep deep stuff . I have my own crazy idea that time is actually 3 dimensional but our consciousness is only aware of 1 , which is why we experience time as being determined in the past but not determined in the future , so we experience time as a series of ‘nows’ and this is what the “many worlds” interpretation of quantum mechanics is describing . But this screws up all of causality and our observations of entropy and would require negative mass particles , which we have no evidence of , other than being theoretically possible in our current equations . So ... probably all wrong ... but I tried lol .
A+ for sure.

Me when I read your post:

SEEMEFIRST
2/27/2021 9:13pm
I have seen time slow down and speed up during one get off. Air slow, ground fast.
2/27/2021 9:31pm Edited Date/Time 2/27/2021 9:36pm
KMC440 wrote:
plowboy wrote:
Said another way:

The thing we call time, well I suppose it’d still be a thing even if we weren’t.
Not necessarily. Motion would still be here. But time...wouldn’t be. If a tree falls in forest did it make a sound if nothing was there to hear it ? The motion still happened. But did the sound ? So is sound not real either only
Because we have a way to hear it.

We use time as a measure of motion. Earth Rotating the sun is a motion. But to quantify that movement man created time...... maybe ha. I don’t know.

Ok I’m getting stupid.
2/27/2021 9:33pm Edited Date/Time 2/27/2021 9:51pm
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
I have seen time slow down and speed up during one get off. Air slow, ground fast.
This is so true. Watch a video of yourself crashing. the. Reflect on how long it took to crash and how many paragraphs of information that was rolling through your mind in relation to how fast the video shows you being just fine and then walloping into the ground.

My brain feels fatigued after that 12 minute video. Makes me wonder maybe Johnny is right. And the tree probably still makes a sound in the forest.
lestat
2/27/2021 10:31pm
If you think of time as a measurement of motion it kind of makes sense. Still hard as hell to wrap my head around but love...
If you think of time as a measurement of motion it kind of makes sense. Still hard as hell to wrap my head around but love it.

What really makes my brain hurt is thinking about how relative to size, an atom is to us then scale up to our solar system, which reminds me of an atom. What is relative to the solar system? Are we just an "atom" of something so huge we can't comprehend? Throw in dark matter and I feel like my head wants to explode. Now I got to go cut some firewood to get my mind off it. 😂
You might enjoy this rabbit hole ...

https://youtu.be/97V8jw7rc9I
SEEMEFIRST
2/27/2021 10:44pm Edited Date/Time 2/27/2021 10:49pm
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
This is so true. Watch a video of yourself crashing. the. Reflect on how long it took to crash and how many paragraphs of information that...
This is so true. Watch a video of yourself crashing. the. Reflect on how long it took to crash and how many paragraphs of information that was rolling through your mind in relation to how fast the video shows you being just fine and then walloping into the ground.

My brain feels fatigued after that 12 minute video. Makes me wonder maybe Johnny is right. And the tree probably still makes a sound in the forest.
Just saying.
Bam! Oh little lambs and flowers. Bam! Check out that bird. Bam!

I cartwheeled 2 years ago at Taos, it was surreal.

I've done my share of psychedelics so I know this was really happening, but damn I cannot explain it.
Kenny Lingus
2/28/2021 10:29am
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
This is so true. Watch a video of yourself crashing. the. Reflect on how long it took to crash and how many paragraphs of information that...

SEEMEFIRST wrote:
Just saying. Bam! Oh little lambs and flowers. Bam! Check out that bird. Bam! I cartwheeled 2 years ago at Taos, it was surreal. I've done...
Just saying.
Bam! Oh little lambs and flowers. Bam! Check out that bird. Bam!

I cartwheeled 2 years ago at Taos, it was surreal.

I've done my share of psychedelics so I know this was really happening, but damn I cannot explain it.
I've experienced time slowing during a crash. Could there could be some actual science behind it? Not sure how to put it to words but, basically if time slows relative to an object the faster it's going then, maybe the sudden changes of momentum during a crash allow our brain to somehow perceive it as time's slowing. I'd love to ask a true physicist to see if it is even possible.
Kenny Lingus
2/28/2021 10:40am
lestat wrote:
A small point , Einstein equivalence tells us that gravity and also acceleration warp time . If we talk about things being constructed , don’t we...
A small point , Einstein equivalence tells us that gravity and also acceleration warp time . If we talk about things being constructed , don’t we need time as part of the equation ? Seems to me that if time doesn’t exist then everything that can exist must exist because without time , change is not possible . Interesting . Seems to me that your idea also wrecks our observations of causality and entropy , like my crazy idea does ... but we did it in totally different ways lol . Interesting idea for sure . I’m gonna think about your way of looking at it some more , when my brain stops hurting . Cheers .
Think of time as a tape measure and motion as a board. If there's no tape measure the board is still there. You just don't know how long it is. Not sure if that makes sense to anyone but me.
2/28/2021 12:22pm Edited Date/Time 2/28/2021 12:23pm
Think of time as a tape measure and motion as a board. If there's no tape measure the board is still there. You just don't know...
Think of time as a tape measure and motion as a board. If there's no tape measure the board is still there. You just don't know how long it is. Not sure if that makes sense to anyone but me.
When you start crashing you don’t know where you’re gonna end up. So maybe in that moment of us crashing we lose our internal tape measure. And time warps.

Acid anyone ? This conversation could get real wild. These type of threads are my absolute favorite.
2/28/2021 1:06pm
Think of time as a tape measure and motion as a board. If there's no tape measure the board is still there. You just don't know...
When you start crashing you don’t know where you’re gonna end up. So maybe in that moment of us crashing we lose our internal tape measure...
When you start crashing you don’t know where you’re gonna end up. So maybe in that moment of us crashing we lose our internal tape measure. And time warps.

Acid anyone ? This conversation could get real wild. These type of threads are my absolute favorite.
Time doesn’t slow down but our perception of time slows during a good get off - some old lizard brain survival mechanism we still have. Can’t recall where I read about it.
lestat
3/1/2021 1:18am Edited Date/Time 3/1/2021 1:37am
When you start crashing you don’t know where you’re gonna end up. So maybe in that moment of us crashing we lose our internal tape measure...

Time doesn’t slow down but our perception of time slows during a good get off - some old lizard brain survival mechanism we still have. Can’t...
Time doesn’t slow down but our perception of time slows during a good get off - some old lizard brain survival mechanism we still have. Can’t recall where I read about it.
Definitely evolutionary I would say . The ones who day dreamed while being stalked by a lion didn’t last long . Our brains go into hyper processing mode of our senses’ inputs in times of stress . Velocity does slow down time but I don’t think a MX bike would make a noticeable difference .... although , maybe if you are on a CR500 ? 🤔
Kenny Lingus
3/1/2021 7:49am

Time doesn’t slow down but our perception of time slows during a good get off - some old lizard brain survival mechanism we still have. Can’t...
lestat wrote:
Definitely evolutionary I would say . The ones who day dreamed while being stalked by a lion didn’t last long . Our brains go into hyper...
Definitely evolutionary I would say . The ones who day dreamed while being stalked by a lion didn’t last long . Our brains go into hyper processing mode of our senses’ inputs in times of stress . Velocity does slow down time but I don’t think a MX bike would make a noticeable difference .... although , maybe if you are on a CR500 ? 🤔
Could be the fight or flight response. People say time slows during high stress, too.

Post a reply to: My brain hurts

The Latest