Honda Ridgeline

FIREfish148
Edited Date/Time 10/7/2020 3:48pm
What’s your guys opinion on the Honda Ridgeline? Specifically the black edition. I have driven one on long trips and can’t find anything wrong with one besides the front hood, which I hate. I’m looking at getting out of my Colorado and getting one or a tundra but the tundra gets 1/2 the gas mileage and is a bit big for my apartment living ass.
|
JeremyK
10/2/2020 6:14pm
Mechanically ,it's probably bullet proof . But man are they horrible to look at.
Deja New
10/2/2020 6:26pm
Is a Ridgeline like fat chicks? Fun to ride till your mates find out Woohoo kinda like the quads of the pickup world.
Chance1216
10/2/2020 7:49pm Edited Date/Time 10/2/2020 7:53pm
Dirtydeeds wrote:
What about an F-150?
Love my 08. Except for the stupid freaking spark plugs that break when your trying to replace them and you gotta call a tow truck. 🤯🤬

The Shop

lappedrider
10/2/2020 10:28pm
It also tows 5000 pounds. My buddy uses his for his car with no issues.
CM_84
10/3/2020 2:43am
Seems like a good option if you don’t want a full size truck, and want essentially something that drives more like a car, that can be occasionally used as a truck.

Horses for courses, not everyone wants to drive around in a full sized truck to only use occasionally as a full sized truck
sandtrack315
10/3/2020 3:22am
Love mine. Drives great, cabin is quiet. Roomy for the dimensions of the truck. Unless you tow or need a huge bed, it’s perfect.
Deja New
10/3/2020 3:42am
CM_84 wrote:
Seems like a good option if you don’t want a full size truck, and want essentially something that drives more like a car, that can be...
Seems like a good option if you don’t want a full size truck, and want essentially something that drives more like a car, that can be occasionally used as a truck.

Horses for courses, not everyone wants to drive around in a full sized truck to only use occasionally as a full sized truck
They don’t sell these in Aus cause there is no diesel.
CM_84
10/3/2020 4:35am
CM_84 wrote:
Seems like a good option if you don’t want a full size truck, and want essentially something that drives more like a car, that can be...

Deja New wrote:
I believe it is more so because they are not made in right hand drive.
Deja New
10/3/2020 4:43am
CM_84 wrote:

Deja New wrote:
CM_84 wrote:
I believe it is more so because they are not made in right hand drive.
That too and only 3000kg towing the list goes on why they don’t make it in right hand drive.
OG725
10/3/2020 5:50am
Nothing says, "Subaru doesn't build a truck", like a Honda Ridgeline.............
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2892nd
10/3/2020 6:38am
OG725 wrote:
Nothing says, "Subaru doesn't build a truck", like a Honda Ridgeline.............
The ridge line is a gnats ass above the subaru car truck.

OG725
10/3/2020 6:42am
OG725 wrote:
Dirtydeeds wrote:
The ridge line is a gnats ass above the subaru car truck. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/10/03/452375/s1200_B77EB41D_B5B9_42DE_8EDE_60F053B02360.jpg[/img]
The ridge line is a gnats ass above the subaru car truck.

LMBO "The Brat".
Stuntman949
10/3/2020 9:55am Edited Date/Time 10/3/2020 9:55am
Was seriously considering one when I was commuting 80 miles a day and racing every weekend. Now neither happens and I picked up a sweet Ranger.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
10/3/2020 11:28am
I had one and it was great ,I like the new Ridgeline body style better than the old style and they are a quality vehicle. I don't care about mpg but my 2020 Ram rebel gets about 16.5 average. Never carried a bike in any of my daily driver trucks, use a van for that. My Tacoma's don't get great mileage either but drive the 1999 Tacoma for most short trips around town.

nytsmaC
10/4/2020 2:24pm Edited Date/Time 10/4/2020 4:14pm
People who own them seem to like them. That’s more important than what anyone else thinks.

It’s a much different vehicle from a Tundra. How did you land on those two choices? There are a lot of good choices in between. New 1/2 ton diesels that get 30mpg all day long, the new Ranger or Canyon/Colorado which can also be had with a 30+mpg diesel. Personally I’d get the GM 1500 with the inline 6 3.0 Duramax but I know that’s not what you were asking.
yz133rider
10/4/2020 4:02pm Edited Date/Time 10/4/2020 4:05pm
I’ve had my 17 ridgeline awd for over a year now. It’s super quiet going down the highway, very smooth, gets 24mpg average since I’ve had it and that’s with commuting to the city for work and on my days off loaded up with dirtbikes going to the track.

Maintenance on it should be as cheap as any car can be.

Every choice has its compromises. Choose a larger truck for the 2 times a year you really need all the capabilities, and then live with it being a boat, worse mileage, more expensive to maintain etc.

Or choose the smaller truck, easier to live with on a daily basis, does everything I need, handles all the scrap runs, Home Depot trips, all the riding trips etc. but on the most extreme needs it will be a compromise, when I’ve picked up 8ft plywood or siding the bed is short as hell and takes some thought to secure properly, or a riding trip with 3 buddies and 3 bikes it won’t fit as well as an 8 foot bed f350 xxx triple pump edition.

But day in and day out I love it, it’s loaded up heading to a track every single week, and getting shit talked every week by people with their diesels who don’t haul anything except their egos lol.

It also being a nearly 300hp v6 and full time awd makes it a lot more capable than you’d think. I’ve gone up slippery hills at tracks and gone into sand pits with some decent terrain to get into the areas and it handled it no sweat. it does it with no fuss and sounding like a Prius while the diesel bro’s are spinning and spooling away until they put it in 4wd lol
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
10/4/2020 11:03pm
yz133rider wrote:
I’ve had my 17 ridgeline awd for over a year now. It’s super quiet going down the highway, very smooth, gets 24mpg average since I’ve had...
I’ve had my 17 ridgeline awd for over a year now. It’s super quiet going down the highway, very smooth, gets 24mpg average since I’ve had it and that’s with commuting to the city for work and on my days off loaded up with dirtbikes going to the track.

Maintenance on it should be as cheap as any car can be.

Every choice has its compromises. Choose a larger truck for the 2 times a year you really need all the capabilities, and then live with it being a boat, worse mileage, more expensive to maintain etc.

Or choose the smaller truck, easier to live with on a daily basis, does everything I need, handles all the scrap runs, Home Depot trips, all the riding trips etc. but on the most extreme needs it will be a compromise, when I’ve picked up 8ft plywood or siding the bed is short as hell and takes some thought to secure properly, or a riding trip with 3 buddies and 3 bikes it won’t fit as well as an 8 foot bed f350 xxx triple pump edition.

But day in and day out I love it, it’s loaded up heading to a track every single week, and getting shit talked every week by people with their diesels who don’t haul anything except their egos lol.

It also being a nearly 300hp v6 and full time awd makes it a lot more capable than you’d think. I’ve gone up slippery hills at tracks and gone into sand pits with some decent terrain to get into the areas and it handled it no sweat. it does it with no fuss and sounding like a Prius while the diesel bro’s are spinning and spooling away until they put it in 4wd lol
I think Honda did a great job on the new style ridgeline, the old style was a acquired taste you either liked it or hated it but the new style just flat out looks good.Cool I also loved the trunk in the truck bed.
sandtrack315
10/5/2020 4:53am
lostboy819 wrote:
I think Honda did a great job on the new style ridgeline, the old style was a acquired taste you either liked it or hated it...
I think Honda did a great job on the new style ridgeline, the old style was a acquired taste you either liked it or hated it but the new style just flat out looks good.Cool I also loved the trunk in the truck bed.
I think the new Ridgeline is a bit of an acquired taste too. Looks great from all angles but directly in front. I am not saying it needs a super aggressive front end like the Tacoma, but a bit "tougher" would be nice. Of course, I assume they went for optimal MPG, low noise, and good visibility. Honestly, drive one, it's oddly smooth and quiet at 95 MPH.
yz133rider
10/5/2020 5:13am Edited Date/Time 10/5/2020 5:15am
I think the new Ridgeline is a bit of an acquired taste too. Looks great from all angles but directly in front. I am not saying...
I think the new Ridgeline is a bit of an acquired taste too. Looks great from all angles but directly in front. I am not saying it needs a super aggressive front end like the Tacoma, but a bit "tougher" would be nice. Of course, I assume they went for optimal MPG, low noise, and good visibility. Honestly, drive one, it's oddly smooth and quiet at 95 MPH.
Agreed. All the reasons it’s lame, and goofy looking are the same reasons it’s insanely practical, quiet, smooth, and economical. Still a little more aggressive appearance would help a ton but it is what it is.

I painted the wheels black and I like that a bunch.

It is insanely quiet at speed too. The engine/trans and wind noise are so minimal while cruising.

The engine sounds good at wide open too, my buddy has a newer v6 gmc and it sounds so different from the Honda’s v6.

Post a reply to: Honda Ridgeline

The Latest