Hollywood... WTF?

McG194
10/7/2022 9:51am Edited Date/Time 11/28/2022 5:45pm
I was walking through our customer lounge at work and saw an ad for the new Kung Fu tv show. The difference is this show it looks like Kane is played by a chick. So lame, I don't care if a woman stars in an action show but just make something original. You don't see Charlies Angels being remade with 3 dudes. I can just imagine the pitch in a Hollywood office: "Okay, hear me out. We remake Godzilla but this time Godzilla is gay."

I have been a huge Tolkien fan and have the boxed set of extended DVDs for Lord of the Rings and read all the books multiple times. I have not however watched the new series. From the looks of it they are forcing people of a race or sexuality into roles to meet some woke number. It's way too obvious when things are forced.
|
Titan1
10/7/2022 10:07am
The PC nonsense in this country is getting out of control…Nevermind the lack of creativity in Hollywood (can’t do any more remakes with standard characters, so let’s do remakes with different races and genders as the lead roles). I can’t stand it.
Fantasy
4342nd
10/7/2022 10:48am
Scooby Doo 2023 checking those boxes ..not that there's anything wrong with that

Zoinks !

peelout
10/7/2022 10:57am
fuckin' PC Principal has officially taken over Hollywood

Fantasy
4342nd
10/7/2022 10:58am Edited Date/Time 10/7/2022 11:07am
This FEE series is so great. Definitely worth watching a few of them.

The Shop

SEEMEFIRST
10/7/2022 11:00am
McG194 wrote:
I was walking through our customer lounge at work and saw an ad for the new Kung Fu tv show. The difference is this show it...
I was walking through our customer lounge at work and saw an ad for the new Kung Fu tv show. The difference is this show it looks like Kane is played by a chick. So lame, I don't care if a woman stars in an action show but just make something original. You don't see Charlies Angels being remade with 3 dudes. I can just imagine the pitch in a Hollywood office: "Okay, hear me out. We remake Godzilla but this time Godzilla is gay."

I have been a huge Tolkien fan and have the boxed set of extended DVDs for Lord of the Rings and read all the books multiple times. I have not however watched the new series. From the looks of it they are forcing people of a race or sexuality into roles to meet some woke number. It's way too obvious when things are forced.
Lots of immigration happening in middle earth those days, I suppose. Whistling
McG194
10/7/2022 11:06am
McG194 wrote:
I was walking through our customer lounge at work and saw an ad for the new Kung Fu tv show. The difference is this show it...

SEEMEFIRST wrote:
It's just so terrible that all the people of color were killed off before the time of the Lord of the Rings.
SEEMEFIRST
10/7/2022 11:09am
McG194 wrote:

SEEMEFIRST wrote:
McG194 wrote:
It's just so terrible that all the people of color were killed off before the time of the Lord of the Rings.
Guess that will give them a storyline for the end that will fit the narrative.
G-man
10/7/2022 12:19pm
Yep it's so jacked up with the movies and TV shows that are out these days--pathetic!

Thankfully there's an occasional good one like Top Gun.
Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
10/7/2022 12:41pm
***k Hollywood.

They have become irrelevant. There isn't an original thought coming from them in a hundred years....

Not to mention they are all some of the biggest hypocrites on the planet.

lappedrider
10/7/2022 1:52pm
Or you all could just watch the new lord of the Rings, and not care what race the people are. Just like you shouldn’t in daily life.
SEEMEFIRST
10/7/2022 2:02pm
So a world War 2 movie should have white guys playing Japanese soldiers?

Or maybe a bunch of black guys acting as the Comanches in cowboy and Indian movies?
LoudLove
10/7/2022 2:32pm
Even without the PC mandates, Hollywood hasn’t had an original idea in decades.
JN137
Fantasy
576th
10/7/2022 2:52pm
Or you all could just watch the new lord of the Rings, and not care what race the people are. Just like you shouldn’t in daily...
Or you all could just watch the new lord of the Rings, and not care what race the people are. Just like you shouldn’t in daily life.
Rings of Power is objectively one of the worst TV shows I have ever seen.

And that has absolutely zero to do with the race of the cast.
Joey_Bridges
10/7/2022 3:12pm
Damn, don't give them that idea about Charlie's Angels.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
10/7/2022 3:34pm
I turned on the TV and saw Ghost busters was on so sat down to watch and this is what came up, I switched channels Sad

JustMX
10/7/2022 6:07pm
lostboy819 wrote:
I turned on the TV and saw Ghost busters was on so sat down to watch and this is what came up, I switched channels :(...
I turned on the TV and saw Ghost busters was on so sat down to watch and this is what came up, I switched channels Sad

Are those vintage MX boots?

They look about like a pair I bought back in the late 70's from some company in oregon for 79.99.

and as far as hollywood...

How about the guy that made the new movie "Bros" , Billy Eichner, whining because straight people were not going to see a romcom all about only gay couples, and saying ""Everyone who ISN'T a homophobic weirdo should go see BROS tonight! You will have a blast!"

So basically, if you don't go see his movie about gay people, you are a homophobic weirdo........
Chance1216
10/7/2022 8:16pm
At this point, just be happy Shaggy and, Fred aren’t in drag.
Velma and, Daphne don’t have extra “appendages”.
Scooby and, Scrappy don’t identify as cats.

I wonder how f****d the world will be in another 20 years.
No, I’m not a homophobe. Some things just shouldn’t be forced on others. Yet alone kids.
Bill_Carroll
Fantasy
1077th
10/7/2022 8:18pm
LeBron James Billionaire splitting the check. 1:35

Too funny
Bill_Carroll
Fantasy
1077th
10/7/2022 8:25pm
Chance1216 wrote:
At this point, just be happy Shaggy and, Fred aren’t in drag. Velma and, Daphne don’t have extra “appendages”. Scooby and, Scrappy don’t identify as cats...

No, I’m not a homophobe. Some things just shouldn’t be forced on others. Yet alone kids.
It's coming.
Heres a clip to keep us sane folk sane.
Beat down the spoon fed.
Chance1216
10/7/2022 8:33pm
Chance1216 wrote:
At this point, just be happy Shaggy and, Fred aren’t in drag. Velma and, Daphne don’t have extra “appendages”. Scooby and, Scrappy don’t identify as cats...

It's coming. Heres a clip to keep us sane folk sane. [embed][/embed]. Beat down the spoon fed.
It's coming.
Heres a clip to keep us sane folk sane.
Beat down the spoon fed.
And, off to watching Woody Woodpecker on YouTube I go. 😁
McG194
10/10/2022 6:56am
Or you all could just watch the new lord of the Rings, and not care what race the people are. Just like you shouldn’t in daily...
Call me a racist without calling me a racist.

The thing is I like continuity and if I'm going to suspend disbelief you have to make it realistic. I just watched the movie "The Irishman" and it sucked because I couldn't take Joe Pesci and Robert DeNiro and all the other near octogenarians as the young men they were supposed to be playing. Same as I can't believe that POC existed in earlier ages in Middle Earth and not in later ages.

The reality is that people are different races due to the land of their ancestry. Because my line of ancestry traces back to Europe doesn't make me any better than someone whose lineage traces back to Africa it just makes me different. Was there immigration in Middle Earth in the earlier ages and then everyone went back to their homeland by the time of LOTR?
JustMX
10/10/2022 9:59am Edited Date/Time 10/10/2022 10:03am
McG194 wrote:
Call me a racist without calling me a racist. The thing is I like continuity and if I'm going to suspend disbelief you have to make...
Call me a racist without calling me a racist.

The thing is I like continuity and if I'm going to suspend disbelief you have to make it realistic. I just watched the movie "The Irishman" and it sucked because I couldn't take Joe Pesci and Robert DeNiro and all the other near octogenarians as the young men they were supposed to be playing. Same as I can't believe that POC existed in earlier ages in Middle Earth and not in later ages.

The reality is that people are different races due to the land of their ancestry. Because my line of ancestry traces back to Europe doesn't make me any better than someone whose lineage traces back to Africa it just makes me different. Was there immigration in Middle Earth in the earlier ages and then everyone went back to their homeland by the time of LOTR?
apparently, they built walls.

It is only a matter of time before politicians notice that and try to use Rings of power" and/or "Lord of the rings as actual history
crowe660
Fantasy
3962nd
10/10/2022 12:21pm
308 wrote:
Scooby Doo 2023 checking those boxes ..not that there's anything wrong with that [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/10/07/572292/s1200_Screen_Shot_2022_10_07_at_12.38.17_PM.jpg[/img] Zoinks !
Scooby Doo 2023 checking those boxes ..not that there's anything wrong with that

Zoinks !

Is this real?
Fantasy
4342nd
10/10/2022 1:03pm Edited Date/Time 10/10/2022 1:06pm
crowe660 wrote:
Is this real?
Yes but with one* key difference. The new series will not include Scooby-Doo..

HBO Max is set to release a ‘Scooby-Doo’ spin-off titled ‘Velma’ in 2023. It narrates the origin story of one of the core characters of the original franchise.

The official synopsis reads:

“VELMA is an adult animated comedy series telling the origin story of Velma Dinkley, the unsung and under appreciated brains of the Scooby-Doo Mystery Inc. gang. This original and humorous spin unmasks the complex and colorful past of one of America’s most beloved mystery solvers.”

Unlike the original tone of Scooby-Doo shows, which is geared towards kids, ‘Velma’ has been created as a series targeting adult viewership.

early
Fantasy
2139th
10/10/2022 2:01pm
Was skin color specified in the Tolkien books? I thought it was mostly an allegory about the ills of the world he witnessed during WWI and WWII.
TG130
10/10/2022 2:21pm
These degenerate clowns in Hollywood should just come out of the closet and make a true auto biography of Hollywood and it's "stars". It would be something like Caligula.
Moto Nomad
10/10/2022 2:47pm
crowe660 wrote:
Is this real?
308 wrote:
Yes but with one* key difference. The new series will not include Scooby-Doo.. HBO Max is set to release a ‘Scooby-Doo’ spin-off titled ‘Velma’ in 2023...
Yes but with one* key difference. The new series will not include Scooby-Doo..

HBO Max is set to release a ‘Scooby-Doo’ spin-off titled ‘Velma’ in 2023. It narrates the origin story of one of the core characters of the original franchise.

The official synopsis reads:

“VELMA is an adult animated comedy series telling the origin story of Velma Dinkley, the unsung and under appreciated brains of the Scooby-Doo Mystery Inc. gang. This original and humorous spin unmasks the complex and colorful past of one of America’s most beloved mystery solvers.”

Unlike the original tone of Scooby-Doo shows, which is geared towards kids, ‘Velma’ has been created as a series targeting adult viewership.

Uh...yeah. I made the mistake of watching that trailer. The only thing spooky about it is that someone would dream that up.
TeamGreen
10/10/2022 6:40pm
308 wrote:
This FEE series is so great. Definitely worth watching a few of them. [embed][/embed]
This FEE series is so great. Definitely worth watching a few of them.
NAILS IT!
avidchimp
Fantasy
1102nd
10/10/2022 7:07pm
This is the end result of people who are in a position of green lighting dog shit, but never actually taken or picked up a piece dog shit. So what we have now is dog shit. Coming from someone who has been around this business since I was born.
Sully
10/10/2022 7:53pm
avidchimp wrote:
This is the end result of people who are in a position of green lighting dog shit, but never actually taken or picked up a piece...
This is the end result of people who are in a position of green lighting dog shit, but never actually taken or picked up a piece dog shit. So what we have now is dog shit. Coming from someone who has been around this business since I was born.
As an insider, do you see it as a self correcting problem, or will these producers/studios keep blaming poor box offices on misogyny/homophobia/[insert current boogeyman]?

Post a reply to: Hollywood... WTF?

The Latest