Ford Maverick compact pickup

str8line
Posts
3651
Joined
9/20/2018
Location
Sandy, UT, USA
Edited Date/Time 11/16/2021 10:52am
The first automotive press driving reviews are coming out tomorrow. Hopefully it drives somewhat sporty. It would be a cool daily driver/moto hauler. The smaller engine gets 40 mpg city. It starts at $19,995
1
1
|
crowe660
Posts
2281
Joined
8/15/2020
Location
USA
10/4/2021 5:11pm
This has the potential to be an epic truck to daily and haul a couple bikes on the weekend. I hope it’s a hit.
4
1
str8line
Posts
3651
Joined
9/20/2018
Location
Sandy, UT, USA
10/4/2021 5:30pm Edited Date/Time 10/4/2021 5:31pm

^Meant to but I forgot. Damn brain.

1
1
sumdood
Posts
9261
Joined
3/11/2013
Location
San Clemente, CA, USA
Fantasy
10/4/2021 6:20pm
"Plus it has a 4.5 foot bed, multi position tailgate and smart storage compartments to support all your big projects"
Bitchin I can carry and boogie board and a beach chair great...Laughing

2
1
colintrax
Posts
4695
Joined
8/25/2015
Location
Taylorsville, GA, USA
10/4/2021 6:42pm
Won't be sporty, even the ecoboost engine is fairly low on power. But that thing is going to be the fuel mileage king of "trucks"
2
1

The Shop

Titan1
Posts
9477
Joined
2/3/2010
Location
Lehi, UT, USA
10/4/2021 7:21pm
So a Ford Explorer with a bed rather than a trunk?

Or is it more like that Subaru with the little truck bed?

Or that Jeep that has a truck bed?
5
10/4/2021 9:21pm
This is what most of us down this end of the world drive. And call it a Ute , same as a suv with a small deck, can fit 2 bikes on the back with the tail gate down.
2
1
MudPup545
Posts
1700
Joined
11/14/2014
Location
Imlay City, MI, USA
10/5/2021 1:52am Edited Date/Time 10/5/2021 3:25am
Quite a few accessories available too on the Ford website.
I’ve seen this truck in person and it looks great up close.
1
10/5/2021 5:21am
Titan1 wrote:
So a Ford Explorer with a bed rather than a trunk? Or is it more like that Subaru with the little truck bed? Or that Jeep...
So a Ford Explorer with a bed rather than a trunk?

Or is it more like that Subaru with the little truck bed?

Or that Jeep that has a truck bed?
Haven’t seen one in person, but looks like Ford’s version of a Ridgeline from the pics and what specs I’ve read.
4
1
early
Posts
10103
Joined
2/13/2013
Location
University Heights, OH, USA
10/5/2021 6:39am
Titan1 wrote:
So a Ford Explorer with a bed rather than a trunk? Or is it more like that Subaru with the little truck bed? Or that Jeep...
So a Ford Explorer with a bed rather than a trunk?

Or is it more like that Subaru with the little truck bed?

Or that Jeep that has a truck bed?
It's built on Ford's C2 platform, so it's a Bronco Sport with a bed.
4
MO 23
Posts
621
Joined
9/7/2021
Location
AU
10/5/2021 7:04am
Looks like a great vehicle for some customers who don’t need a full sized truck, but use their vehicle more like a car 90% of the time, but haul the odd load such as bikes etc.
7
1
10/5/2021 8:23am
Still 11" longer than my '04 "Ranger" (Mazda) with 3/4 of the bed length.


2
MO 23
Posts
621
Joined
9/7/2021
Location
AU
10/5/2021 10:39am Edited Date/Time 10/5/2021 10:41am
Still 11" longer than my '04 "Ranger" (Mazda) with 3/4 of the bed length. [img]https://c.tenor.com/JxGUOvDGdFcAAAAC/prudent-george-w-bush.gif[/img]
Still 11" longer than my '04 "Ranger" (Mazda) with 3/4 of the bed length.


But also seats 3 extra people.
I don’t think this vehicle is targeted to people who want to regularly carry a lot of stuff.
They have ranger and f150 for that.
If they make maverick bigger, then they are stepping on their own toes.
5
1
10/5/2021 11:10am
MO 23 wrote:
But also seats 3 extra people. I don’t think this vehicle is targeted to people who want to regularly carry a lot of stuff. They have...
But also seats 3 extra people.
I don’t think this vehicle is targeted to people who want to regularly carry a lot of stuff.
They have ranger and f150 for that.
If they make maverick bigger, then they are stepping on their own toes.
Exactly. It is redundant. They should've just made the new Ranger smaller from the start.
1
sumdood
Posts
9261
Joined
3/11/2013
Location
San Clemente, CA, USA
Fantasy
10/5/2021 11:15am
Well it does have this feature, maybe I won't write it off just yet Laughing

6
1
early
Posts
10103
Joined
2/13/2013
Location
University Heights, OH, USA
10/5/2021 11:20am
Still 11" longer than my '04 "Ranger" (Mazda) with 3/4 of the bed length. [img]https://c.tenor.com/JxGUOvDGdFcAAAAC/prudent-george-w-bush.gif[/img]
Still 11" longer than my '04 "Ranger" (Mazda) with 3/4 of the bed length.


Luckily they already make a truck for you.
I'm not a ranger expert but I don't think they ever made one with an 8 ft bed, maybe the old original F100?
1
Muttly
Posts
1959
Joined
10/3/2021
Location
Mills, NM, USA
10/5/2021 11:37am
I want to hate it. I don’t hate it, but I want to hate it. Should be a good upgrade for your Honda Ridgeline! 🤠
2
1
MO 23
Posts
621
Joined
9/7/2021
Location
AU
10/5/2021 12:07pm
MO 23 wrote:
But also seats 3 extra people. I don’t think this vehicle is targeted to people who want to regularly carry a lot of stuff. They have...
But also seats 3 extra people.
I don’t think this vehicle is targeted to people who want to regularly carry a lot of stuff.
They have ranger and f150 for that.
If they make maverick bigger, then they are stepping on their own toes.
Exactly. It is redundant. They should've just made the new Ranger smaller from the start.
But then people will complain that ranger is too small.
Plus Ranger is a global truck, it is sold in a lot of countries that do not have F150.
It seems to me that Ford have a range of trucks that appeal to different customers

2
1
10/5/2021 12:21pm Edited Date/Time 10/5/2021 12:40pm
early wrote:
Luckily they already make a truck for you. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/10/05/513267/s1200_Screenshot_20211005_141842_Chrome.jpg[/img] I'm not a ranger expert but I don't think they ever made one with an 8 ft...
Luckily they already make a truck for you.
I'm not a ranger expert but I don't think they ever made one with an 8 ft bed, maybe the old original F100?
Mine is 7 ft. According to the interweb, the '04 came with either 6 or 7 ft beds. So my 3/4 figure was off. It is 64%.

I don't know. I guess I am just in a severe minority of people who liked when there were still small trucks being made.
2
felpro
Posts
649
Joined
8/3/2009
Location
Rouse Hill, AU
10/5/2021 1:08pm
I saw, and heard one of these yesterday.





10
1
str8line
Posts
3651
Joined
9/20/2018
Location
Sandy, UT, USA
10/5/2021 2:20pm Edited Date/Time 10/5/2021 2:21pm
Light weight, firm suspension, very good brakes and pretty good steering seems to be the consensus. And it has some punch. For the price and with the mileage this thing sounds like a hit.

2
str8line
Posts
3651
Joined
9/20/2018
Location
Sandy, UT, USA
10/5/2021 2:29pm

reded301
Posts
309
Joined
8/4/2021
Location
KC, KS, USA
10/5/2021 2:49pm
str8line wrote:
Light weight, firm suspension, very good brakes and pretty good steering seems to be the consensus. And it has some punch. For the price and with...
Light weight, firm suspension, very good brakes and pretty good steering seems to be the consensus. And it has some punch. For the price and with the mileage this thing sounds like a hit.

I reckon you've talked yourself into it.
1
1
str8line
Posts
3651
Joined
9/20/2018
Location
Sandy, UT, USA
10/5/2021 5:25pm
str8line wrote:
Light weight, firm suspension, very good brakes and pretty good steering seems to be the consensus. And it has some punch. For the price and with...
Light weight, firm suspension, very good brakes and pretty good steering seems to be the consensus. And it has some punch. For the price and with the mileage this thing sounds like a hit.

reded301 wrote:
I reckon you've talked yourself into it.
Well, I might talk my son into it. I have enough vehicles at the moment... at least that's what I'm telling myself.
3
Muttly
Posts
1959
Joined
10/3/2021
Location
Mills, NM, USA
10/5/2021 5:33pm
felpro wrote:
I saw, and heard one of these yesterday. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/10/05/513274/s1200_Screen_Shot_2021_10_06_at_7.03.50_am.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/10/05/513275/s1200_Screen_Shot_2021_10_06_at_7.05.52_am.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/10/05/513276/s1200_Screen_Shot_2021_10_06_at_7.06.26_am.jpg[/img]
I saw, and heard one of these yesterday.





The Holden Ute! We had the coupe and sedan here in the States, but never the Ute. I’d give ol’ lefty for one of those.
2
10/5/2021 5:48pm
Looks like the perfect moto bed length- if all you haul is your kid's 50. I don't think there's any way to haul two full-sized bikes with gas cans, canopy, tools, chairs, riding gear, etc.

That said, my 1/2 ton standard cab 8' bed Chevy gets 13 mpg. Doubling that (or more) would be pretty cool.
1911
Posts
5014
Joined
4/2/2008
Location
LAS VEGAS, NV, USA
10/5/2021 6:51pm

1
TXDirt
Posts
7789
Joined
7/29/2015
Location
Plano, TX, USA
10/5/2021 8:09pm
Stick with the Toyota Tacoma long bed.
4
agn5008
Posts
2080
Joined
3/8/2021
Location
PA, PA, USA
Fantasy
10/5/2021 11:51pm
Looks like the perfect moto bed length- if all you haul is your kid's 50. I don't think there's any way to haul two full-sized bikes...
Looks like the perfect moto bed length- if all you haul is your kid's 50. I don't think there's any way to haul two full-sized bikes with gas cans, canopy, tools, chairs, riding gear, etc.

That said, my 1/2 ton standard cab 8' bed Chevy gets 13 mpg. Doubling that (or more) would be pretty cool.
Get the new Chevy 1500 V6 duramax. 24+ MPG around town and 27 highway.
1
1

Post a reply to: Ford Maverick compact pickup

The Latest