Conservative echo chamber

jonathonmx
Edited Date/Time 9/4/2022 1:06pm
I expect this to get deleted because I can’t imagine it will kick off a whole lot of productive discussion.

I’ve been in this sport and on this board, and its previous iterations, for a very long time. In the last few years the people here have done a few things for me:

1. They me less proud to be a fan of motocross, and then made me less of a fan of motocross, because a lot of the fun is having someone else to talk to about it.

2. They have provided a pulse on what the MAGA crowd is thinking and talking about.

You get an echo chamber when you force out the people who have a different opinion, and then you see enforced beliefs as the people who stay continue to pump each other’s beliefs.

You guys are crazy. You drink the kool-aid and then talk about folks you don’t know based on what you hear from people on this board and people like the ones on this board.

Growing up racing I knew I was different than much of the crowd, but I loved it and had a blast. I went to college and paid off my student loans, struggled to get where I am in my career and now pay a lot on taxes from a blue state that goes on to fund red states and red state interests that I don’t always agree with.

Subsidizing citizens in any way should never cause us to fight against each other. Subsidizing banks and oil companies and other large corporations should cause us to fight together against such things.

I think it should be considered patriotic to want to support your fellow American, to want them to be better educated and to be healthier. If you build a country of the best people you will get the best country. Nobody here should be hungry or sick or homeless with all the abundance we have.

Members of both major parties are lying and pandering to keep their position and plenty should be in jail. These people are the “elites”, and not the people who live in cities and have college degrees, who they tell you to be mad at. You sound like an idiot when you mention Hunter Biden in response to Donald Trump’s legal trouble. One situation doesn’t excuse the other and and you’re just making yourself sound like a parrot in a house with Fox News on all day.
|
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
9/2/2022 10:35am
A voice of reason. , I’m not sure you belong in a political thread here
Searights
9/2/2022 10:39am
jon sounds frustrated and upset. He’s mad as hell and he’s not going to take it anymore.
jonathonmx
9/2/2022 10:40am
Searights wrote:
So, what is your point exactly?
That you’re an idiot asshole and we should all be nicer to each other.

The Shop

jonathonmx
9/2/2022 10:41am
Searights wrote:
jon sounds frustrated and upset. He’s mad as hell and he’s not going to take it anymore.
I’m disappointed in a lot of people.
Searights
9/2/2022 10:42am
Wow, harsh words from a liberal especially considering I didn’t stoop to name calling. Very typical.

“you guys are crazy”

Pot. Meet Kettle😂
whyZ
9/2/2022 10:56am
Searights wrote:
His point is, and haphazardly trying to reference some moto angle into it is; the more sensible majority of his state bounced out the losing liberal politicians, and now is run by Republicans. Appears he's having trouble accepting it.
Searights
9/2/2022 11:03am
Thank you. That answers the question completely.
jonathonmx
9/2/2022 11:21am
Searights wrote:
whyZ wrote:
His point is, and haphazardly trying to reference some moto angle into it is; the more sensible majority of his state bounced out the losing liberal...
His point is, and haphazardly trying to reference some moto angle into it is; the more sensible majority of his state bounced out the losing liberal politicians, and now is run by Republicans. Appears he's having trouble accepting it.
I haven't lived in this state for very long and am not affected all that much by the politics in it.

The moto angles are that this board is my primary access to conservative discussion and that realizing who made up the crowd at the races made me not want to be at the races.
vetmxr
9/2/2022 11:26am
Searights wrote:
whyZ wrote:
His point is, and haphazardly trying to reference some moto angle into it is; the more sensible majority of his state bounced out the losing liberal...
jonathonmx wrote:
I haven't lived in this state for very long and am not affected all that much by the politics in it. The moto angles are that...
I haven't lived in this state for very long and am not affected all that much by the politics in it.

The moto angles are that this board is my primary access to conservative discussion and that realizing who made up the crowd at the races made me not want to be at the races.
bye
bichwolf
9/2/2022 11:31am Edited Date/Time 9/2/2022 11:34am
Jon, you are not above assumptions and misguided beliefs.
Some funny shit bro.

You are no different than all the other leftist asshats that think they too, are enlightened.
Sheep boy
jonathonmx
9/2/2022 11:35am
bichwolf wrote:
Jon, you are not above assumptions and misguided beliefs. Some funny shit bro. You are no different than all the other leftist asshats that think they...
Some funny shit bro.

You are no different than all the other leftist asshats that think they too, are enlightened.
Sheep boy
I think what you'll hear the asshats like me say is that we don't know anything.
jetbull721
9/2/2022 11:37am
Just going out on a limb here but I bet you've sipped some Bernie cool-aide and liked it. Sounds like you need to take a trip to Venezuela that Bernie described as "living the American dream better than Americans" and take a look around.

bichwolf
9/2/2022 11:38am
bichwolf wrote:
Jon, you are not above assumptions and misguided beliefs. Some funny shit bro. You are no different than all the other leftist asshats that think they...
Some funny shit bro.

Sheep boy
jonathonmx wrote:
I think what you'll hear the asshats like me say is that we don't know anything.
Could you have been any more insulting if you tried? Probably, but good effort out of the gate hater
ATKpilot99
9/2/2022 11:42am
Just enjoy this place for what it is ... It's kinda like a sitcom .
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
9/2/2022 11:46am
Searights wrote:
jonathonmx wrote:
You were doing pretty well until the name calling began. Practice what you preach big fella and your thread may have had a chance
Titan1
9/2/2022 12:09pm
This place was a liberal echo chamber for the entire time GuyB was running it…ML let’s people talk about politics for less than a year, and the true political leanings of the average Moto fan becomes very apparent (where they were censored for a long time), and now it’s suddenly a conservative echo chamber, and people aren't fans of the sport…in less than a year? Holy Smokes…everyone wants a trophy and a safe space on the left…good grief…
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
9/2/2022 12:16pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2022 1:32pm
jonathonmx wrote:
I haven't lived in this state for very long and am not affected all that much by the politics in it. The moto angles are that...

Serious question

Would you honestly not go to the races because people there that would vote for trump ?

To me , that seems pretty low . I mean if you enjoy the same thing why does it matter who you vote for ?
nytsmaC
9/2/2022 12:23pm
jonathonmx wrote:

So what you’re saying is you want to live in an echo chamber of your own. Got it.

I assume we disagree on some social issues, but not all. Fiscally we’re probably more opposed. Echo chambers suck, I’ve found myself drawn into some and pretty quickly exited them. This isn’t one, opposing views are welcomed and encouraged. It just seems like you liberals can’t disagree on anything without taking it personal and getting butt hurt about it.
Joey_Bridges
9/2/2022 12:24pm
Always interesting when someone like the OP comes in here, starts a thread, or replies in one, when they're on the verge of exploding.
Then explodes and puts themselves on display for all to see.

It's never a pretty picture.
JM485
9/2/2022 12:27pm
To be fair, this place has gotten a little bit absurd with the far right talking points. I’m generally pretty conservative by nature, more of a libertarian in reality, and even I shake my head at some of the garbage that’s posted pretty routinely. The problem is you never really know all of the facts about any given issue, and you really can’t trust regular media to give you a balanced assessment of what is going on, so you end up with a bunch of emotionally driven arguments from both sides based on whatever narrative they’ve decided to attach themselves to.

For the most part my rule of thumb for any political discussions is if it doesn’t deal with economics I leave it alone. Pretty much anything else is going to be emotionally driven and I have no desire to waste my time engaging in a futile effort to change someone else’s emotions.
Joey_Bridges
9/2/2022 12:31pm
JM485 wrote:
To be fair, this place has gotten a little bit absurd with the far right talking points. I’m generally pretty conservative by nature, more of a...
To be fair, this place has gotten a little bit absurd with the far right talking points. I’m generally pretty conservative by nature, more of a libertarian in reality, and even I shake my head at some of the garbage that’s posted pretty routinely. The problem is you never really know all of the facts about any given issue, and you really can’t trust regular media to give you a balanced assessment of what is going on, so you end up with a bunch of emotionally driven arguments from both sides based on whatever narrative they’ve decided to attach themselves to.

For the most part my rule of thumb for any political discussions is if it doesn’t deal with economics I leave it alone. Pretty much anything else is going to be emotionally driven and I have no desire to waste my time engaging in a futile effort to change someone else’s emotions.
Exactly.
My politics are based solely on the economic outcome of the policies of ones holding the pen.
Be it,
Local, state, or federal.

Crazy thing is, a lot of the policies of this current administration have direct consequences concerning our economic freedoms, and spending power.
TheGetFresh
Fantasy
2551st
9/2/2022 1:08pm
jonathonmx wrote:
I expect this to get deleted because I can’t imagine it will kick off a whole lot of productive discussion. I’ve been in this sport and...
I expect this to get deleted because I can’t imagine it will kick off a whole lot of productive discussion.

I’ve been in this sport and on this board, and its previous iterations, for a very long time. In the last few years the people here have done a few things for me:

1. They me less proud to be a fan of motocross, and then made me less of a fan of motocross, because a lot of the fun is having someone else to talk to about it.

2. They have provided a pulse on what the MAGA crowd is thinking and talking about.

You get an echo chamber when you force out the people who have a different opinion, and then you see enforced beliefs as the people who stay continue to pump each other’s beliefs.

You guys are crazy. You drink the kool-aid and then talk about folks you don’t know based on what you hear from people on this board and people like the ones on this board.

Growing up racing I knew I was different than much of the crowd, but I loved it and had a blast. I went to college and paid off my student loans, struggled to get where I am in my career and now pay a lot on taxes from a blue state that goes on to fund red states and red state interests that I don’t always agree with.

Subsidizing citizens in any way should never cause us to fight against each other. Subsidizing banks and oil companies and other large corporations should cause us to fight together against such things.

I think it should be considered patriotic to want to support your fellow American, to want them to be better educated and to be healthier. If you build a country of the best people you will get the best country. Nobody here should be hungry or sick or homeless with all the abundance we have.

Members of both major parties are lying and pandering to keep their position and plenty should be in jail. These people are the “elites”, and not the people who live in cities and have college degrees, who they tell you to be mad at. You sound like an idiot when you mention Hunter Biden in response to Donald Trump’s legal trouble. One situation doesn’t excuse the other and and you’re just making yourself sound like a parrot in a house with Fox News on all day.
I play tennis and soccer to stay in shape and I’m surrounded by people who don’t align with my political beliefs, but I still don’t feel singled out. We just don’t talk politics.

I go riding and racing with a bunch of politically like minded people, but I don’t feel like I’m in a political club. Sure, we’ll discuss politics at the barbecue or when we hang out, but dirt bike days are for dirt bikes. We don’t load all our shit to drive an hour away and talk politics in the parking lot.

I think you need to find some dirt bike friends that don’t care to mix politics and moto.
jonathonmx
9/2/2022 1:13pm
bichwolf wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/09/02/566746/s1200_Screenshot_20220902_074408.jpg[/img]

If a parent at a school board meeting was hunted down as a terrorist by the FBI then it was because they were acting like a terrorist. You get in trouble for threatening to blow up or shoot up a school, not raise your voice. This tweet is just a littttle hyperbolic, and is the most liked thing on here so far. Kinda living up to expectations.
jonathonmx
9/2/2022 1:15pm
Searights wrote:
jonathonmx wrote:
KennyT wrote:
You were doing pretty well until the name calling began. Practice what you preach big fella and your thread may have had a chance
The name calling followed by call to get along was a joke. I won't quit my day job.
jonathonmx
9/2/2022 1:16pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2022 1:17pm
jetbull721 wrote:
Just going out on a limb here but I bet you've sipped some Bernie cool-aide and liked it. Sounds like you need to take a trip...
Just going out on a limb here but I bet you've sipped some Bernie cool-aide and liked it. Sounds like you need to take a trip to Venezuela that Bernie described as "living the American dream better than Americans" and take a look around.

How much would you know about Venezuela if conservative talk shows weren't taking the worst possible example they could find and telling you that's where we're headed? Honestly, can you point to it on a world map?

Post a reply to: Conservative echo chamber

The Latest