ASE Certified !

JAFO92
Edited Date/Time 5/6/2019 3:55am
Dont worry ma'am, your vehicle is in good hands. Our mechanics are all trained to industry standards.

|
4/26/2019 5:58am
Ha. I was a tech at a chevy dealer 10 years ago. The joke was ASE stood for ask someone else.
FlickitFlat
Fantasy
662nd
4/26/2019 5:59am
I had that happen to me with a 300M while I was getting new tires. They swore up and down they didn't do it. They brought the car out front, stepped out with the drivers door open and said here you go. I got in without opening the door and took off. I was pissed when I got home and couldn't get my door open. It was hard for them to prove they didn't do it and it was hard for me to prove they did. I am not a rude person but I had to get pretty belligerent with the manager because they weren't having it. Luckily I saw what bay it came out of, what time and what "mechanic". I swung her around to that bay and said lets pull her in and there was a floor lift almost like the one pictured. They were like no, no, send us the bill. $1200 later and the door and fender never did match up in color and fit after that. I'm still pissed about it. I don't know if I'm more pissed they did it or that they intentionally trying to screw me over and pass it off as they didn't do it.
Jerkolantern
4/26/2019 6:37am
Ahhh good ol factory repair techs. They get paid 20, you pay 125 and they're no better than the Wal Mart kids. Got screwed by Dodge years ago on a trans cooler, 2300 later I got my truck back and I haven't been back since. Too bad too, looks to be a nice new Jeep. At least it used to be....
newmann
4/26/2019 7:38am Edited Date/Time 4/26/2019 7:39am

Those are plastic rocker mouldings, the metal is somewhere up under all of that...lol.

I watched the guy at one of the local national tire chains take my brand new Dodge van dog bowl hub cap out of the package and proceed to beat three huge dents in it putting it on the new wheel he just mounted up. Didn't even care. Hopped in it and drove it around front and said it was ready to go.

The Shop

Jimmy638
4/26/2019 10:22am
Horror story's on this type shit: Friend brought his truck into uhaul to put a hitch on it to pull a small trailer, the dude who serviced it jacked the truck up so high he crushed the Cab in on all four corners, put the hitch on, let her down, brought it around and said here ya go, all done.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
4/26/2019 10:37am Edited Date/Time 4/26/2019 10:38am

and I'm not even a mechanic.
MotoMo165
4/26/2019 2:27pm
newmann wrote:
Those are plastic rocker mouldings, the metal is somewhere up under all of that...lol. I watched the guy at one of the local national tire chains...

Those are plastic rocker mouldings, the metal is somewhere up under all of that...lol.

I watched the guy at one of the local national tire chains take my brand new Dodge van dog bowl hub cap out of the package and proceed to beat three huge dents in it putting it on the new wheel he just mounted up. Didn't even care. Hopped in it and drove it around front and said it was ready to go.
That’s awful. Some people should not ever work with their hands for a living.
you got the company to compensate for their negligent employee? If it’s a work vehicle, maybe let it slide but i would have given the dude an ear full haha
plowboy
4/26/2019 3:28pm
Nobody but me ever lays a hand on my vehicles. If I can't fix them they're beyond fixing. A. I can't afford it. B. I was never satisfied with the quality. C. I build/fix aircraft all day long...I'd feel stupid having someone else work on my cars.
newmann
4/26/2019 3:53pm
plowboy wrote:
Nobody but me ever lays a hand on my vehicles. If I can't fix them they're beyond fixing. A. I can't afford it. B. I was...
Nobody but me ever lays a hand on my vehicles. If I can't fix them they're beyond fixing. A. I can't afford it. B. I was never satisfied with the quality. C. I build/fix aircraft all day long...I'd feel stupid having someone else work on my cars.
And I work on cars all week long. Last thing I want to do is work on another car...Laughing

Doing collision repair, a panel gap off by a half millimeter or a nib of dust in the clear coat will get me a good reaming from a customer. Imagine me standing in my kitchen looking at my vent hood that is 3/16 inch out of level. Or a shitty grout joint. It amazes me what passes for good in another persons eyes. My wife tells me I'm way too critical. I tell her our customers made me that way. I bite my tongue so much it's amazing that it is still attached.
plowboy
4/27/2019 5:41am
plowboy wrote:
Nobody but me ever lays a hand on my vehicles. If I can't fix them they're beyond fixing. A. I can't afford it. B. I was...
newmann wrote:
And I work on cars all week long. Last thing I want to do is work on another car...:laugh: Doing collision repair, a panel gap off...
And I work on cars all week long. Last thing I want to do is work on another car...Laughing

Doing collision repair, a panel gap off by a half millimeter or a nib of dust in the clear coat will get me a good reaming from a customer. Imagine me standing in my kitchen looking at my vent hood that is 3/16 inch out of level. Or a shitty grout joint. It amazes me what passes for good in another persons eyes. My wife tells me I'm way too critical. I tell her our customers made me that way. I bite my tongue so much it's amazing that it is still attached.
You took the words right outta my mouth.
AHRMA361
Fantasy
232nd
4/29/2019 12:20pm
Why didn't you just say, "skip to 4:19" in the video. lol
Deja New
4/29/2019 1:38pm
AHRMA361 wrote:
Was too busy seeing if she was ASS certified but I’m sure she is.........
Timo_2824
4/29/2019 8:03pm
plowboy wrote:
Sometimes I wish I could afford to pay someone else to work on my old junk... Working 50+ hours a week and then coming home to turn wrenches until midnight gets old, even if it's only a couple times a year lol.

KDXGarage
4/29/2019 8:05pm
That's a mighty fine gasket surface there, sir. :-)
JAFO92
4/30/2019 5:14am
Waterpump and timing cover the same part? Sounds like a Ford idea. I had a '76 F250 with a 390 and on that looney engine the intake is part of the heads. So if you wanna pop off the intake, you hafta pull off the rockers and push rods. Ugh.
borg
4/30/2019 6:57am
I really feel for people who have to rely on dealers or random repair shops. The only maintenance or repairs I ever leave to others, aside from warranty stuff, is oil change and tire rotation. They get done at the same time. It's within walking distance from my favorite taco shop/watering hole.
newmann
4/30/2019 7:57am
borg wrote:
I really feel for people who have to rely on dealers or random repair shops. The only maintenance or repairs I ever leave to others, aside...
I really feel for people who have to rely on dealers or random repair shops. The only maintenance or repairs I ever leave to others, aside from warranty stuff, is oil change and tire rotation. They get done at the same time. It's within walking distance from my favorite taco shop/watering hole.
All this new "safety" equipment the cars are coming with will eventually have you singing a different tune. Night vision assist, lane assist, intelligent brake assist, intelligent cruise, blind spot monitors, 360 view cameras, cross traffic cameras....has me pulling my hair out. Numerous different grades of metals, coatings, welding types and procedures, aluminum self piercing rivets, pulse migs, silicone bronze, three phase compression welding, panel bonding, aluminum to steel to carbon fiber, structural adhesives, noise dampening foam, structural foam....and then we now have restricted parts sales where only factory certified facilities can purchase certain parts. Audi now has ultrasound equipment to check for stress fractures in bonding adhesives in seams of their carbon structures. Shit's getting complicated...I need to go outside for a moment.

KHI Guy
4/30/2019 8:12am
borg wrote:
I really feel for people who have to rely on dealers or random repair shops. The only maintenance or repairs I ever leave to others, aside...
Ironically, a tire rotation looks to be what got this poor guys rocker panels smashed. Woohoo

I worked at a large national tire franchise while going to college. I could write a book about the stuff I saw go on in that industry. Whistling
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
4/30/2019 8:42am
newmann wrote:
All this new "safety" equipment the cars are coming with will eventually have you singing a different tune. Night vision assist, lane assist, intelligent brake assist...
All this new "safety" equipment the cars are coming with will eventually have you singing a different tune. Night vision assist, lane assist, intelligent brake assist, intelligent cruise, blind spot monitors, 360 view cameras, cross traffic cameras....has me pulling my hair out. Numerous different grades of metals, coatings, welding types and procedures, aluminum self piercing rivets, pulse migs, silicone bronze, three phase compression welding, panel bonding, aluminum to steel to carbon fiber, structural adhesives, noise dampening foam, structural foam....and then we now have restricted parts sales where only factory certified facilities can purchase certain parts. Audi now has ultrasound equipment to check for stress fractures in bonding adhesives in seams of their carbon structures. Shit's getting complicated...I need to go outside for a moment.

My issue is we're making it acceptable to half ass driving. Why check over your shoulder before changing lanes, your car will check for you! Until it doesnt and you kill a motorcyclist...

Also I'm pretty sure it's illegal to have restricted parts sales. Right to repair or someshit.
ns503
4/30/2019 9:01am
I haven't done anything mechanical on our vehicles for years, except for winter/summer wheel changeovers spring & fall. Just lost all inclination for all of it. I don't even check the oil. Maybe that engine rebuild I did on my '86 Accord back in the day tipped it. Lots of choices for decent mechanics around here, maybe we're lucky. 95% of it gets done at the Honda dealer though, they've been very good with us, going back almost 12 years now. Much further than that if I consider the parts department when going through said rebuild.
plowboy
4/30/2019 5:29pm
borg wrote:
newmann wrote:
All this new "safety" equipment the cars are coming with will eventually have you singing a different tune. Night vision assist, lane assist, intelligent brake assist...

Exactly why any vehicle I purchase in the future will be vintage.
plowboy
4/30/2019 5:49pm
borg wrote:
I can whip out an oil filter change on my 2006 F150 in about 10 minutes. The wife's 2008 Mazda 3 takes about 20 minutes because I have to jack it up and it has that shitty ass cartridge filter. I do it myself because I get to look around under the vehicles and actually see the state of my old oil. Tire rotations take about 30 minutes because I like to look at the brakes and suspension while I'm in there. That dope head at Jiffy lube or the flunky at the dealer isn't going to do what I want done. I drive 600+ miles a week and change my oil/filter every 3k so I save a boat load and have peace of mind. If you have someone you trust that doesn't gouge you...you're a lucky man.
5/1/2019 5:23am Edited Date/Time 5/1/2019 5:25am
I shit the bed last week. Wanted to do a quick oil change and dumped the tranny fluid. damn forrestors. That looked like an oil pan to me!

No tranny fluid and 10 quarts in the motor. Put it in drive. Clunk clunk. Immediately was like welp fuck. That wasn’t oil I drained.

Silver lining is I saved all the tranny fluid. In a brand new pan. Just poured her back in per oem instructions.

ASE CERTIFIED!
early
Fantasy
2212th
5/1/2019 5:48am
Anybody have one of those roll around scissor lifts at home? I see 6k capacity models selling between $1500-$2000, wonder how anyone's experience with them is?
T-bag458
5/5/2019 1:45pm
Damn that video of that girl shit I’d be running over nails etc all the time. Just so I can go watch the show
borg
5/5/2019 1:53pm Edited Date/Time 5/5/2019 1:56pm
borg wrote:
plowboy wrote:
I can whip out an oil filter change on my 2006 F150 in about 10 minutes. The wife's 2008 Mazda 3 takes about 20 minutes because...
I can whip out an oil filter change on my 2006 F150 in about 10 minutes. The wife's 2008 Mazda 3 takes about 20 minutes because I have to jack it up and it has that shitty ass cartridge filter. I do it myself because I get to look around under the vehicles and actually see the state of my old oil. Tire rotations take about 30 minutes because I like to look at the brakes and suspension while I'm in there. That dope head at Jiffy lube or the flunky at the dealer isn't going to do what I want done. I drive 600+ miles a week and change my oil/filter every 3k so I save a boat load and have peace of mind. If you have someone you trust that doesn't gouge you...you're a lucky man.
I take it to the Goodyear place where I bought the tires. Rotation is free and they check the underside as well with the oil change. I like it because I don't have to deal with the drain oil. Plus there is a taco shop that also serves beer withing walking distance. If my only choice was Jiffy Lube I would do it myself too. I hate that place.
Deja New
5/6/2019 3:55am
T-bag458 wrote:
Damn that video of that girl shit I’d be running over nails etc all the time. Just so I can go watch the show
Be an expensive hobby Wink

Post a reply to: ASE Certified !

The Latest