'21/22 NFL Season

Related:
Create New Tag

2/26/2021 3:27 PM

Felt weird typing '22 already, damn time flies. Gary wanted me to post the mock draft image, but i dont know what pic he is talking about LOL

Anyway, new season, new thread. Lets do this.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

2/26/2021 3:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/26/2021 9:16 PM

Colin's MOCK draft NO TRADES

Photo

|

2/26/2021 4:02 PM

Is the Legion of Doom, DOOMED!!! w00t
Can't picture Russell in a different uniform but apparently he's not happy! Photo

|

2/26/2021 4:22 PM

Interesting article pointing out the most likely places Wilson could end up if traded, read HERE

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"

2/26/2021 4:25 PM

ocscottie wrote:

Interesting article pointing out the most likely places Wilson could end up if traded, read HERE

Odd that the Bears are on that list although they are in constant need of a QB.

|

2/26/2021 4:56 PM

I’m one of those guys who think that Wilson has been one of the best overall quarterbacks since his first bit in the league, but I’m also of the mind that he’s going to be way too expensive to keep and still have a team around him that’s worth fielding.

I’d hate to see him go but if someone decided to offer up to 6 draft picks spread between rounds 1 and 2, you’d be crazy not to listen. Especially if it also included a decent transitional QB who could be serviceable for the next couple of years.

|

2/26/2021 9:31 PM

"Dallas! Russel, why why WHY would you ever want to got o Dallas?!?! Man I just threw up in my mouth a little."

Haha laughing
Well he would be part of Jerry's world and play in an awesome stadium for one thing.

When I see that realtively new stadium and the fact they did not cover it like the Kingdome it always makes me wonder why not with all the rain up there, but just like Green Bay I guess they want that home field advantage. unsure

Personally I think Russell is trying to strong arm the Seahawks and get what he wants.

|

2/27/2021 8:46 AM

G-man wrote:

"Dallas! Russel, why why WHY would you ever want to got o Dallas?!?! Man I just threw up in my mouth a little."

Haha laughing
Well ...more

Not sure if you were ever unfortunate enough to go to an event in the Kingdome, but it was the most antiseptic, sterile feeling environment of any sports venue I have ever been in.

It could get loud, but it just didn't have the feel of either of Seattle's newer football or baseball stadiums.

As for the rain, the folks from that side of the mountains seem to almost not even notice it. Seattle seems to have the fewest umbrellas per capita of any "rainy" area I've ever seen. It's almost like a 'badge of dishonor' to use one anywhere in Puget Sound, and coming from a desert climate I stood out pretty bad when I moved to the Seattle area and used one. It's like they refuse to acknowledge that wet stuff is falling from the sky...……….

|

2/27/2021 9:34 AM

G-man wrote:

Haha laughing
Well ...more

APLMAN99 wrote:

Not sure if you were ever unfortunate enough to go to an event in the Kingdome, but it was the most antiseptic, sterile ...more

Could have made it retractable like AZ two stadiums. Baseball stadium is awesome, I've only been to the Cards stadium a couple of times.

The Cards practice outside and I'm sure would have an advantage over a team from Buffalo. But when they played at Sun Devil stadium it was BRUTAL for everyone, mostly the fans.

But if you say the fans don't mind, COLD, WINDY, RAINY weather vs a controlled environment only on those days and the roof OPEN on other days where you can have the best of both worlds...... blink

|

2/27/2021 9:57 AM

G-man wrote:

Haha laughing
Well ...more

APLMAN99 wrote:

Not sure if you were ever unfortunate enough to go to an event in the Kingdome, but it was the most antiseptic, sterile ...more

G-man wrote:

Could have made it retractable like AZ two stadiums. Baseball stadium is awesome, I've only been to the Cards stadium a couple ...more

Yeah, they pretty much don’t seem to mind!!!!

Personally I’m not a fan of the rain (believe it or not my area gets less rainfall than Tempe does) but the diehard Seahawks fans that are willing to pay big dollars for the seats that get rained on don’t seem to mind at all. Yes, they could have done a retractable roof, they have a great example of one right across the street. But the Seahawks Stadium/Qwest/CenturyLink/Lumen Field layout turned out pretty good. Most of the seats are actually pretty well covered unless the rain is blowing sideways. The only areas that are definitely going to get rain on a wet day are the end zones and the very close sideline seats. My BIL has season tickets located on the lower section of this picture almost directly at the “c” where it says Club Seats. In the 5-6 rain games that I’ve been to with him, I’ve never gotten wet in the stadium. But the folks a dozen seats in front of us sure have!!!!

I’m sure that some of the players wouldn’t mind a roof every now and then, though!

I definitely enjoy “Lumen Field” about 10,000 times more than the Kingdome, that’s for sure.

|

2/27/2021 10:20 AM

Yes pretty hard to think that the people paying big bucks or the end zone seats don't mind getting rained on for over 3 hours in cold blustery weather. What about the wives girlfriends of these fans I wonder what their opinion would be if they had the option of having a retractable roof?

But then when I watch the Buffalo fans and see them sitting in their seats in the middle of a blizzard I have to think there freaking crazy or drunk! laughing

Those guys are definitely hard core fans of the league no doubt and I applaud them. 👍

|

2/27/2021 10:45 AM

G-man wrote:

Yes pretty hard to think that the people paying big bucks or the end zone seats don't mind getting rained on for over 3 hours ...more

The main thing is, those seats are filled, and they ain’t cheap! If they were going empty or deeply discounted, then I’d say that they should have covered them, for sure. It’s actually a really cool stadium that sort of gives fans whichever environment they need/want. You can get seats that have practically zero chance of being hit by rain, or you can sit in the elements. I think that being somewhat out in the elements and definitely having the outside air temperatures helps get the fans into the game a little bit more, may.

The baseball thing is obviously quite a bit different, because they don’t play in the rain. But one of the cool things about Safeco Field/T-Mobile Park is that even when the roof is closed you still sort of feel “outside”. The roof is raised enough and the sides aren’t enclosed so you don’t really get a fully climate controlled atmosphere. Just no rainouts!!!

|

2/27/2021 11:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/27/2021 11:37 AM

Ok enough about stadiums....

I still can't believe how the Jets fucked up getting the number one pick by winning games, Trevor Lawrence was slated to be the next Joe Namath by the NY fans!

That's all I heard everyday from a guy at work. 🤣

It got very annoying and I tried to tell him that getting the number one draft pick does not guarantee anything.

But now that they are not, it's kinda funny to me. If the front office really wanted to get the number one pick they should have benched most of the starters but the players took it as a slap in the face and were determined to win. smile

There will be only one BROADWAY JOE.

Speaking of Joe does anyone find it kind of sad that some of these old time stars are reduced to doing these cornball commercials?

I wander how they feel when they see guys like Patrick Mahomes signing a 500 million dollar contract? w00t

That's gotta sting....

|

3/1/2021 2:49 PM

JJ Watt signed 2 year deal with the Cardinals for $31mil.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"

3/1/2021 4:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/1/2021 5:44 PM

ocscottie wrote:

JJ Watt signed 2 year deal with the Cardinals for $31mil.

Oh yea baby and with Chandler Jones back, the Sack King!!!

Watch out NFC west QB's ! grin

With this move maybe it will push Russell over to the raiders or the cowgirls! smile

|

3/1/2021 7:16 PM

w00t
|

3/2/2021 7:55 AM

Photo
|

3/2/2021 10:06 AM

hehehe grin

|

3/29/2021 11:47 AM

Did anyone see what the 49ers did? Traded up with Miami to get their 3rd round draft pick, presumably to go after a QB, maybe Mac Jones? They still say (yeah right) that JimmyG is their starter, but why would you make so many moves to get such a high draft pick if you werent going to use him? Somethings fishy.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"

3/29/2021 3:18 PM

ocscottie wrote:

Did anyone see what the 49ers did? Traded up with Miami to get their 3rd round draft pick, presumably to go after a QB, maybe ...more

3rd overall pick, not 3rd round.

And I can’t imagine that they would give up what they did without thinking they were going to get a “franchise” QB, that’s for sure.

|

3/29/2021 3:27 PM

Yeah 3rd overall, thats what i meant. I know earlier in the year there were talks about them looking at the guy from i think BYU? Zach Wilson, but they didnt think they could get high up enough in the draft to get him. He looks like a franchise QB right away, pretty sure he's going to the Jets.

Im kinda over JimmyG, bring in some fresh blood and someone with an arm. I am curious what they will look like next year, they had something like 12 or more free agents and not enough cap to keep them all.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"

3/29/2021 3:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/29/2021 3:52 PM

ocscottie wrote:

Did anyone see what the 49ers did? Traded up with Miami to get their 3rd round draft pick, presumably to go after a QB, maybe ...more

APLMAN99 wrote:

3rd overall pick, not 3rd round.

And I can’t imagine that they would give up what they did without thinking they were going ...more

49ers front office made a big, big trade to move up 9 positions. Jimmy G is gone..this year or next.

It's a crap shoot as the days of grooming a franchise QB have been over for a while. Do you think the Seahawks looked at their 3rd round pick (75th overall) pick of Russell Wilson and said this is going to be one of the best quarterbacks in the history of the league? (or other later round picks like Montana, Brady, etc.)

A bit risky to have that much belief, to give up that much for an individual. (especially at the QB position). We'll see how it plays out come draft day, into the 17 game season, and beyond.

|

3/29/2021 4:29 PM

Yeah Ted, Jimmy is gone, saw this quote recently: Kyle Shanahan: "It's very hard to succeed when your starting quarterback doesn't stay healthy.”

Now its who do they pick? Justin Fields could be a contender, or Mac Jones. Bummer Lawrence couldn't come to the Bay lol I would love that.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"

3/29/2021 9:38 PM

"Kyle Shanahan said Justin Fields’ agent said that Fields — like Mac Jones — will have a second pro day and that Shanahan will have an opportunity to see him there"

So it looks like a battle between those two, i dont watch enough college ball to know who would be a better fit.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"

3/29/2021 9:44 PM

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"

3/30/2021 7:42 AM

Tampa has resign almost everyone from last year Super Bowl team. I can’t wait!!!

|

Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

3/30/2021 8:56 AM

ocscottie wrote:

Yeah Ted, Jimmy is gone, saw this quote recently: Kyle Shanahan: "It's very hard to succeed when your starting quarterback ...more

We'll see. The other 3rd overall pick Kyle worked with became MVP. (Matt Ryan). BUT, Kyle had nothing to do with that pick and Ryan was already in the league for 8 years. Just a stupid fun fact. blush

|

3/30/2021 9:09 AM

49'ers are taking Trey Lance. stamp it

|

3/30/2021 9:11 AM

peelout wrote:

49'ers are taking Trey Lance. stamp it

Never heard of him? Is he good?

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"