bt 101 big jump

matrixlee
Posts
142
Joined
9/23/2010
Location
GB
Edited Date/Time 4/4/2012 12:26pm
|
Grieby54
Posts
2826
Joined
7/1/2008
Location
Castle Rock, CO, USA
4/3/2012 2:15pm
Looks like he came up short.
Overdrive
Posts
1614
Joined
7/13/2008
Location
Fort Myers, FL, USA
4/3/2012 2:17pm
Wow, sucked up that landing nicely. I would have shit myself coming up short on that one.
4/3/2012 2:19pm
Holy big jump that was nuts!
Katoom72
Posts
893
Joined
12/12/2011
Location
BE
4/3/2012 3:09pm
Practicing for Red Bud!

The Shop

500guy
Posts
12468
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
USA
4/3/2012 3:18pm
RV and Dungey would have hucked that every lap
SwapperMX
Posts
2153
Joined
6/16/2010
Location
AU
4/4/2012 3:15am
Townley was in contact with Dean Ferris during the day and had told him that hitting that jump had seriously scared him. I dont remember him ever having any troubles with any jump on the US circuit, and definitely didnt hear anything about him being genuinely scared about hitting a jump. As for RV and Dunge doing it every lap, maybe, but that section of the track was seriously rough after practice, and would have been serious commitment to continue to hit it every lap. It wasnt all that faster either which was why more guys didnt hit it.
4/4/2012 3:43am
500guy wrote:
RV and Dungey would have hucked that every lap
having been there and watched it live, I dont think so, but do not let your USA is always best hat get in the way Jay,

it was not like larroccos where you are jumping up hill, since the landing was lower than the take off you sort of fell out of the sky, and even if you landed on the down ramp it was a hard hit, only 2 riders tried it, BT and Lawson Bopping on the CDR yamaha, both never bothered with it in the main,
burnside
Posts
4096
Joined
6/17/2009
Location
London, USA
4/4/2012 3:50am
That track looks like something out of an MX postcard. haha.
Phillips467
Posts
1597
Joined
6/4/2010
Location
Worthing, GB
4/4/2012 4:03am
To me, him going for that is a sign that he is fast, fit and confident, which can only be good news heading into the outdoors Cool
4/4/2012 5:49am
500guy wrote:
RV and Dungey would have hucked that every lap
typical USA rules all bullsh** !!!
4/4/2012 6:05am
DV12 posted a video of a french guy hucking this jump. Wish I could remember who it was. But it was just ridiculous in a Happy Gilmore making that last putt sort of way. It was a downhill hit that i would not try without a parachute and/or a lifeflight on stand-by with a priest on board.
jamma10
Posts
10573
Joined
8/24/2008
Location
Bristol, GB
4/4/2012 6:06am
think jay was fishing.
500guy
Posts
12468
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
USA
4/4/2012 9:16am
500guy wrote:
RV and Dungey would have hucked that every lap
scott_nz wrote:
having been there and watched it live, I dont think so, but do not let your USA is always best hat get in the way Jay...
having been there and watched it live, I dont think so, but do not let your USA is always best hat get in the way Jay,

it was not like larroccos where you are jumping up hill, since the landing was lower than the take off you sort of fell out of the sky, and even if you landed on the down ramp it was a hard hit, only 2 riders tried it, BT and Lawson Bopping on the CDR yamaha, both never bothered with it in the main,
LOL

okay, I see I caught a few. I was just kidding guy's , lets hope Ben stays healthy and can still run with the top dogs.
BR_HERO
Posts
1216
Joined
1/25/2012
Location
Cerritos, CA, USA
4/4/2012 9:24am Edited Date/Time 4/4/2012 9:25am
That was dope.

Stoked to have BT racing the nats this year.
clungey
Posts
66
Joined
1/11/2012
Location
VI
4/4/2012 9:28am Edited Date/Time 4/4/2012 9:32am
DV12 posted a video of a french guy hucking this jump. Wish I could remember who it was. But it was just ridiculous in a Happy...
DV12 posted a video of a french guy hucking this jump. Wish I could remember who it was. But it was just ridiculous in a Happy Gilmore making that last putt sort of way. It was a downhill hit that i would not try without a parachute and/or a lifeflight on stand-by with a priest on board.


This one?
Hando
Posts
1571
Joined
11/13/2011
Location
USA
4/4/2012 11:06am
townley is a mad man....
4/4/2012 12:26pm
500guy wrote:
RV and Dungey would have hucked that every lap
scott_nz wrote:
having been there and watched it live, I dont think so, but do not let your USA is always best hat get in the way Jay...
having been there and watched it live, I dont think so, but do not let your USA is always best hat get in the way Jay,

it was not like larroccos where you are jumping up hill, since the landing was lower than the take off you sort of fell out of the sky, and even if you landed on the down ramp it was a hard hit, only 2 riders tried it, BT and Lawson Bopping on the CDR yamaha, both never bothered with it in the main,
500guy wrote:
LOL okay, I see I caught a few. I was just kidding guy's , lets hope Ben stays healthy and can still run with the top...
LOL

okay, I see I caught a few. I was just kidding guy's , lets hope Ben stays healthy and can still run with the top dogs.
in all seriousness, its been a long time since i have seen BT in this good of shape mentally and phycally, and riding this well, i would go back to des nations in 2005 since i have seem him this confident on a 450,

not saying he will go out and dominate, but i can see podiums and if things align maybe a win or two coming though, hopefully more of the top guys can stay healthy out there,

Post a reply to: bt 101 big jump

The Latest