Where again is RV?

rosebud441
Edited Date/Time 10/4/2013 3:45am
Please exuse my short term memory..

But Why again did RV choose to skip the Mxon? Hunting trip? Bad knee or something? Most likely he will be all headled up and good to go for the MEC race... Nice RV..

I know, how dare i even ask..
|
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
9/30/2013 9:34am Edited Date/Time 9/30/2013 9:37am
Ankle surgery - he'll be back for the MEC.

motosmith
9/30/2013 9:35am
Millions in the bank.

A race that means nothing to the checking account.

I don't blame him.
joeellis
9/30/2013 9:37am
He needed surgery and had to make the decision if he wanted to miss the Nations or set back his preperation for the upcoming SC season I believe.

The Shop

9/30/2013 10:44am
rosebud441 wrote:
Please exuse my short term memory.. But Why again did RV choose to skip the Mxon? Hunting trip? Bad knee or something? Most likely he will...
Please exuse my short term memory..

But Why again did RV choose to skip the Mxon? Hunting trip? Bad knee or something? Most likely he will be all headled up and good to go for the MEC race... Nice RV..

I know, how dare i even ask..
Someone's worked it outPinch
kev472
9/30/2013 10:58am
At the kawi supercross test track
cwtoyota
9/30/2013 11:20am
I was watching the MXdN race yesterday at my buddy's place...

When Tomac crashed, I turned to him and asked if he thinks a lot of Americans will resent RV or blame him when we lose.
Do you think they would have made RV the MX3 rider this year if he did go?

This is his profession, he races for money. In light of that alone he made the right decision.
The other side is that he may not have had enough time to heal and get in shape for Supercross in January if he waited to represent the USA.
socalmx716
9/30/2013 11:21am Edited Date/Time 9/30/2013 11:22am
cwtoyota wrote:
I was watching the MXdN race yesterday at my buddy's place... When Tomac crashed, I turned to him and asked if he thinks a lot of...
I was watching the MXdN race yesterday at my buddy's place...

When Tomac crashed, I turned to him and asked if he thinks a lot of Americans will resent RV or blame him when we lose.
Do you think they would have made RV the MX3 rider this year if he did go?

This is his profession, he races for money. In light of that alone he made the right decision.
The other side is that he may not have had enough time to heal and get in shape for Supercross in January if he waited to represent the USA.
He didn't want to miss the Monster Cup and the $$$$, or get tested for PED's. ShockedShockedShockedShocked
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
9/30/2013 11:24am
RV's decision made perfect sense no matter how cool it would have been for him to be there yesterday.

It was pretty interesting to read Reed's comments on how the delay between the end of the outdoors and the date of the race will affect how the US based riders transitioning to SX testing weigh whether to go or not. Folks jumped on DC when he was the messenger, but there it was from someone who makes his living and runs a team here.
Shawn142
9/30/2013 11:25am
socalmx716 wrote:
He didn't want to miss the Monster Cup and the $$$$, or get tested for PED's. ShockedShockedShockedShocked
Yea, he spent a full year passing test after test from the WADA but he was afraid of an FIM piss test.
burnside
9/30/2013 12:06pm Edited Date/Time 9/30/2013 12:07pm
I wonder if it pained him to watch the race? Watching Dungey 3 passes away from winning the whole thing but incapable of pulling the trigger and Barcia stuck in no mans land. I bet he was cursing the TV wishing he was there.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
9/30/2013 12:12pm
burnside wrote:
I wonder if it pained him to watch the race? Watching Dungey 3 passes away from winning the whole thing but incapable of pulling the trigger...
I wonder if it pained him to watch the race? Watching Dungey 3 passes away from winning the whole thing but incapable of pulling the trigger and Barcia stuck in no mans land. I bet he was cursing the TV wishing he was there.
I doubt he was cursing the TV, if it mattered to him he would of found a way to be there. He has different priorities and chose not to, his choice.
mx691
Fantasy
1185th
9/30/2013 12:59pm
He wont ever do another MXoN, "stamp it".
Nicknku
9/30/2013 1:01pm
socalmx716 wrote:
Shawn142 wrote:
Yea, he spent a full year passing test after test from the WADA but he was afraid of an FIM piss test.
The urine tests that he passed all year or "piss tests" that you prefer to call, can't detect EPO, and are completely pointless. I guess its an out for MX Sports to claim they test the riders. Anyways, I don't think its far fetched to assume Dungey's poor performance the last two des Nations were from having to actually ride clean.
9/30/2013 1:02pm
glen helen action...thinks it should be des nations....
til then...villo wont go......
mx691
Fantasy
1185th
9/30/2013 1:05pm
socalmx716 wrote:
Shawn142 wrote:
Nicknku wrote:
The urine tests that he passed all year or "piss tests" that you prefer to call, can't detect EPO, and are completely pointless. I guess its...
The urine tests that he passed all year or "piss tests" that you prefer to call, can't detect EPO, and are completely pointless. I guess its an out for MX Sports to claim they test the riders. Anyways, I don't think its far fetched to assume Dungey's poor performance the last two des Nations were from having to actually ride clean.
+1
9/30/2013 1:07pm

He shot this a few weeks ago in wolverine canyon near idaho falls/firth area
Outsider
9/30/2013 1:13pm
burnside wrote:
I wonder if it pained him to watch the race? Watching Dungey 3 passes away from winning the whole thing but incapable of pulling the trigger...
yak651 wrote:
I doubt he was cursing the TV, if it mattered to him he would of found a way to be there. He has different priorities and...
I doubt he was cursing the TV, if it mattered to him he would of found a way to be there. He has different priorities and chose not to, his choice.
"Found a way to be there" yeah , riiiight.

I guess it doesn't matter that the people who pay him want him at the MEC. You think he just does whatever the fuck he wants? Never mind his past stellar MXdN performances... he's just a greedy prick on PED's.
/sarcasm
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
9/30/2013 1:16pm
Nicknku wrote:
The urine tests that he passed all year or "piss tests" that you prefer to call, can't detect EPO, and are completely pointless. I guess its...
It is far fetched very far...
yak651
Fantasy
214th
9/30/2013 1:19pm
Outsider wrote:
"Found a way to be there" yeah , riiiight. I guess it doesn't matter that the people who pay him want him at the MEC. You...
"Found a way to be there" yeah , riiiight.

I guess it doesn't matter that the people who pay him want him at the MEC. You think he just does whatever the fuck he wants? Never mind his past stellar MXdN performances... he's just a greedy prick on PED's.
/sarcasm
Yeah I'm sure Monster just loved that it was all Red Bull riders winning motos at the MXDN that they sponsor. If he wanted to be there he has more pull than anyone. Just like RC had the pull to get his points back after "fuel gate". If you don't think he could have went if he wanted to guess there is no convincing you
Lefty Right
9/30/2013 1:25pm Edited Date/Time 9/30/2013 1:26pm
mx691 wrote:
He wont ever do another MXoN, "stamp it".
Didn't you get the Memo if you use the word stamp :it , you would be banned for life on this site?Whistling :Angry
Nicknku
9/30/2013 1:25pm Edited Date/Time 9/30/2013 1:32pm
Nicknku wrote:
Park Boys wrote:
It is far fetched very far...
So far fetched that he is terrible in the only race where he gets tested two years in a row?

Edit: It amazes me that mx and sx fans are so naive to think that top riders aren't doping when there is so much money on the line for just a very few in a sport that doesn't even do the proper testing.
rosebud441
9/30/2013 1:26pm Edited Date/Time 9/30/2013 1:33pm
Yeah, this seals it for me...

I have been in love with motocross since probably 1975, But i have never disliked a rider more than RV.. Why not man up and say Hey i'm not doing the Mxon for reasons x,y,and z.. But instead he trums up some bullshit story about his ankle while hiking the steep slopes of Idaho looking to thrill kill Bambie,, Whatever..

C'mon universe, where are you? hopefully he gets ecoli from eating that thing...
daveoevo
9/30/2013 1:33pm
It's national pride vs the all mighty $$$.
We all know what all ways wins.
Nicknku
9/30/2013 1:47pm
daveoevo wrote:
It's national pride vs the all mighty $$$.
We all know what all ways wins.
Given the same set of circumstances how could you not make the same decision? These riders have such a small window of time to make enough money to last the rest of their lives.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
9/30/2013 1:52pm Edited Date/Time 9/30/2013 1:52pm
socalmx716 wrote:
Shawn142 wrote:
Nicknku wrote:
So the FIM testing RV did for SX is different from the FIM testing done for the GPs?

Dungey being forced to be clean might account for falling off at the end of motos, it doesn't explain why he looked so off from the drop of the gate this and last year, so your logic is down the shitter there.

There's nothing quite like someone who makes reckless accusations without understanding what he's talking about in terms of how testing takes place for what and whether its effective.
Dirt_Dawg
Fantasy
2758th
9/30/2013 1:52pm
RV is about RV , and im praying the prick doesnt win shit in the MEC. Respect to dungey ,barcia, tomac who represent the good ole US of A !!! with pride.
MtnBoy
9/30/2013 1:53pm
rosebud441 wrote:
Yeah, this seals it for me... I have been in love with motocross since probably 1975, But i have never disliked a rider more than RV...
Yeah, this seals it for me...

I have been in love with motocross since probably 1975, But i have never disliked a rider more than RV.. Why not man up and say Hey i'm not doing the Mxon for reasons x,y,and z.. But instead he trums up some bullshit story about his ankle while hiking the steep slopes of Idaho looking to thrill kill Bambie,, Whatever..

C'mon universe, where are you? hopefully he gets ecoli from eating that thing...
You're an idiot, he said exactly why, he got ankle surgery....the company that is responsible for probably more than 1/2 his paycheck wants him to race their title race....is that that crazy?

By the way, eating that elk is a lot more healthy than any of the "meat" you buy at a store.
gjbruny
9/30/2013 1:56pm Edited Date/Time 9/30/2013 2:02pm
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2013/09/30/33030/s1200_IMG950484.jpg[/img] He shot this a few weeks ago in wolverine canyon near idaho falls/firth area

He shot this a few weeks ago in wolverine canyon near idaho falls/firth area
thats a hell of a nice bull!!! Big congrats, Ryan!!!!

to any of you that think you have the right to tell another person what they should or should not be doing in their personal time you can piss off. how many weeks off each year do these athletes get for "off season" compared to other pro athletes? answer is VERY LITTLE."

hell, i can't blame the guy for not wanting to take a little time off to get a nagging injury taken care of so that he can be in top shape for what pays his bills..... let alone missing the elk rut.

to "rosebud441"..... did you type that response about the "thrill kill" while chowing down on your big-mac (that, by the way, you killed by proxy)? the second i read your comment, prior to looking at where you were from,............. the first thought that went through my head was "SEATTLE"....... close enough right? its amazing that in all your liberalism and self-righteousness, that you can bring yourself to fill up your fuel tank on your bike with petroleum products........ but as long as your wants are fulfilled right? By the way, that "thing" is called an elk and is as good of table-fare as the finest cuts of beef......... minus the growth hormones and herbicides.

its absolutely amazing how many people have forgotten where food comes from. even if you are a vegetarian do you have any idea how many gophers and rodents are killed when the organic farmer tills the soil to plant your greens? again, that blood is on your hands.... you paid for said greens. Wink

Post a reply to: Where again is RV?

The Latest