Webb for Roczen

Related:
Create New Tag

1/26/2021 8:08 AM

After following all the multiple threads about Saturday's race, I have a question for all of you offended by Wilson holding up Roczen:

Do any of you think that if the positions had been reversed that Webb would have followed anyone for 1.5 laps?

I watched a couple times, Wilson wasn't "blocking" Roczen in the sense that he was changing lines to hold him up. He was riding his normal line, KR was riding right behind him and made no real attempt to get around or move him out of the way. Can anyone imagine Webb doing that for a lap and a half?

|

1/26/2021 8:16 AM

first rule of racing .... never follow!

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

1/26/2021 8:19 AM

Photo
|

1/26/2021 8:23 AM

vet323 wrote:

After following all the multiple threads about Saturday's race, I have a question for all of you offended by Wilson holding up Roczen:

Do any of you think that if the positions had been reversed that Webb would have followed anyone for 1.5 laps?

I watched a couple times, Wilson wasn't "blocking" Roczen in the sense that he was changing lines to hold him up. He was riding his normal line, KR was riding right behind him and made no real attempt to get around or move him out of the way. Can anyone imagine Webb doing that for a lap and a half?

Dungey followed Reed for like 2 laps and he had zero pressure from behind. Roczen couldn't just try to pass Wilson. He had to be mindful of his line choice because Webb was right behind him - and that's probably the worst guy to have behind you apart from maybe Barcia

|

1/26/2021 8:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/26/2021 8:26 AM

Remember when people wanted to burn Stewart at the stake for holding up Marvin?

Dean was in the racing line with blue flags flying. Move over and then hop back in line.

|

1/26/2021 8:29 AM

Yeah I doubt Webb would have followed Wilson for a lap but I also don’t blame Kenny, he was obviously expecting Wilson to move over at some point.

|

1/26/2021 8:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/26/2021 8:43 AM

Millsaps had an interesting view. He thought there was a tad bit of irony in the situation. Kenny told Wilson he needed to be more aware of his surroundings and Davey thought that was a bit hypocritical considering the race before Kenny wasn't aware of the red cross flag or that other riders were singling instead of doubling like he decided to do. At the same time Davey also went on to say had Dean not been in the way Kenny would have for sure won the race.

Not my opinion but it was an interesting point to listen to.

|

1/26/2021 8:36 AM

vet323 wrote:

After following all the multiple threads about Saturday's race, I have a question for all of you offended by Wilson holding up Roczen:

Do any of you think that if the positions had been reversed that Webb would have followed anyone for 1.5 laps?

I watched a couple times, Wilson wasn't "blocking" Roczen in the sense that he was changing lines to hold him up. He was riding his normal line, KR was riding right behind him and made no real attempt to get around or move him out of the way. Can anyone imagine Webb doing that for a lap and a half?

To be honest I think it's easy to blame Wilson for Roczen not getting the win and I am a huge Roczen fan since I'm german. But in my opinion Roczen kind of messed up all by himself. He had somewhat like a 3.5 seconds lead the last few laps and he shouldn't have get Webb that close to him. And I also think he did a bad job in trying to pass Wilson, he was more focused on Webb and not on getting around Wilson. And to your question, I think Webb would have move anyone out of his way if it's for the win

|

1/26/2021 8:37 AM

ButteryWaffles wrote:

Remember when people wanted to burn Stewart at the stake for holding up Marvin?

Dean was in the racing line with blue flags flying. Move over and then hop back in line.

Those blue flags weren't flying nearly as much as they should have been. Those guys should have been in Wilson's face with those things. I watched the last lap again and those flaggers looked worse than the local track with the one flagger on his phone the whole time.

|

1/26/2021 8:42 AM

I posted this exact viewpoint in one of the other threads and got down voted just like you.

|

1/26/2021 8:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/26/2021 8:45 AM

I don't think you watched the same race. Webb was catching Kenny so Kenny stayed in the fast line expecting Wilson to do the proper thing and yield to the leaders. If he vacated the fast line Webb would have passed him. You clearly have Webb bias syndrome.

|

1/26/2021 8:48 AM

MXJORRIT wrote:

To be honest I think it's easy to blame Wilson for Roczen not getting the win and I am a huge Roczen fan since I'm german. But in my opinion Roczen kind of messed up all by himself. He had somewhat like a 3.5 seconds lead the last few laps and he shouldn't have get Webb that close to him. And I also think he did a bad job in trying to pass Wilson, he was more focused on Webb and not on getting around Wilson. And to your question, I think Webb would have move anyone out of his way if it's for the win

I disagree.I think Roczen‘s hope was that Wilson will leave the raceline.Attacking Wilson on the outside of the corners was a nobrainer, Webb showed why.cool

|

1/26/2021 8:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/26/2021 8:59 AM

Quit making tracks with such short lap times. Try to keep the lap times in the mid to high 50's so they aren't doing 26 lap main events and lapping near the top 10. Less lappers, Issue solved.

|

1/26/2021 9:13 AM

LKHill wrote:

I don't think you watched the same race. Webb was catching Kenny so Kenny stayed in the fast line expecting Wilson to do the proper thing and yield to the leaders. If he vacated the fast line Webb would have passed him. You clearly have Webb bias syndrome.

Roczen stayed in the "race line" behind Wilson. He was still in the "race line" when Webb passed him. If Roczen had been 24 inches to the left of Wilson when they got to the wall jump, he would have won that race.

|

1/26/2021 9:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/26/2021 9:19 AM

I think even if Wilson hadn't held Kenny up, Webb was going to be in position to bonzai Kenny in the final turn after the sand...Cooper is as gritty as they come during the final laps. I think he finds a way to close that gap even if Wilson wasn't a factor. Even if Kenny won, I think Webb would be smiling ear to ear knowing he's got Kenny's number.

|

1/26/2021 9:21 AM

vet323 wrote:

Roczen stayed in the "race line" behind Wilson. He was still in the "race line" when Webb passed him. If Roczen had been 24 inches to the left of Wilson when they got to the wall jump, he would have won that race.

You must be blind!

|

1/26/2021 10:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/26/2021 10:17 AM

LKHill wrote:

I don't think you watched the same race. Webb was catching Kenny so Kenny stayed in the fast line expecting Wilson to do the proper thing and yield to the leaders. If he vacated the fast line Webb would have passed him. You clearly have Webb bias syndrome.

vet323 wrote:

Roczen stayed in the "race line" behind Wilson. He was still in the "race line" when Webb passed him. If Roczen had been 24 inches to the left of Wilson when they got to the wall jump, he would have won that race.

Like I said you didn't watch the same race. The race line was a deep rut on the face. If other lines where as fast or faster there would have been more than a single deep rut. Kenny went into the corner/rut expecting Deano to move over for the leaders. That's when he ran into his back wheel and almost got off the bike.

Kenny made a mistake but it was not the mistake in riding the bike as so many want to claim. It was a mistake in judging Dean Wilson's character.

|

1/26/2021 10:10 AM

Still?

A new thread?

|

1/26/2021 10:12 AM

LKHill wrote:

I don't think you watched the same race. Webb was catching Kenny so Kenny stayed in the fast line expecting Wilson to do the proper thing and yield to the leaders. If he vacated the fast line Webb would have passed him. You clearly have Webb bias syndrome.

But wouldn't Webb have then been blocked by Wilson who was in the main line?

|

1/26/2021 10:18 AM

LKHill wrote:

I don't think you watched the same race. Webb was catching Kenny so Kenny stayed in the fast line expecting Wilson to do the proper thing and yield to the leaders. If he vacated the fast line Webb would have passed him. You clearly have Webb bias syndrome.

vet323 wrote:

Roczen stayed in the "race line" behind Wilson. He was still in the "race line" when Webb passed him. If Roczen had been 24 inches to the left of Wilson when they got to the wall jump, he would have won that race.

LKHill wrote:

Like I said you didn't watch the same race. The race line was a deep rut on the face. If other lines where as fast or faster there would have been more than a single deep rut. Kenny went into the corner/rut expecting Deano to move over for the leaders. That's when he ran into his back wheel and almost got off the bike.

Kenny made a mistake but it was not the mistake in riding the bike as so many want to claim. It was a mistake in judging Dean Wilson's character.

I watched the same race. Would Roczen hit Wilson's rear wheel if he hadn't been following him up that rut? There was room to the inside, that's where Webb went. Webb didn't use the "race line" to pass Roczen.

|

1/26/2021 10:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/26/2021 10:23 AM

vet323 wrote:

I watched the same race. Would Roczen hit Wilson's rear wheel if he hadn't been following him up that rut? There was room to the inside, that's where Webb went. Webb didn't use the "race line" to pass Roczen.

Absolutely not. He was expecting Wilson to move out of the race line as he should have done and would have been blocked allowing Webb to take the fast line and pass.

Your understanding of race craft is sorely lacking.

|

1/26/2021 10:24 AM

vet323 wrote:

Roczen stayed in the "race line" behind Wilson. He was still in the "race line" when Webb passed him. If Roczen had been 24 inches to the left of Wilson when they got to the wall jump, he would have won that race.

LKHill wrote:

Like I said you didn't watch the same race. The race line was a deep rut on the face. If other lines where as fast or faster there would have been more than a single deep rut. Kenny went into the corner/rut expecting Deano to move over for the leaders. That's when he ran into his back wheel and almost got off the bike.

Kenny made a mistake but it was not the mistake in riding the bike as so many want to claim. It was a mistake in judging Dean Wilson's character.

vet323 wrote:

I watched the same race. Would Roczen hit Wilson's rear wheel if he hadn't been following him up that rut? There was room to the inside, that's where Webb went. Webb didn't use the "race line" to pass Roczen.

Where do you think Webb passed Roczen, because it wasn’t the wall.

|

1/26/2021 10:25 AM

LKHill wrote:

Absolutely not. He was expecting Wilson to move out of the race line as he should have done and would have been blocked allowing Webb to take the fast line and pass.

Your understanding of race craft is sorely lacking.

He spent one and a half laps waiting for someone to pull over for him. I'm not one lacking race craft.

|

1/26/2021 10:28 AM

vet323 wrote:

He spent one and a half laps waiting for someone to pull over for him. I'm not one lacking race craft.

I suppose that's why he is leading the points and you are not.

|

1/26/2021 10:30 AM

You have to call Roczen and give him some suggestions.laughing

|

1/26/2021 10:36 AM

At least $500,000 changed hands in that 1 corner!

|

1/26/2021 10:37 AM

zookrider62! wrote:

Where do you think Webb passed Roczen, because it wasn’t the wall.

You're right, but Roczen hitting Wilson's rear tire and losing drive/momentum allowed Webb to make a pass in the next corner. Watch it again, note that Webb blocked Roczen in that corner by not taking the racing line.

|

1/26/2021 10:39 AM

LKHill wrote:

I suppose that's why he is leading the points and you are not.

grin
|

1/26/2021 10:40 AM

vet323 wrote:

After following all the multiple threads about Saturday's race, I have a question for all of you offended by Wilson holding up Roczen:

Do any of you think that if the positions had been reversed that Webb would have followed anyone for 1.5 laps?

I watched a couple times, Wilson wasn't "blocking" Roczen in the sense that he was changing lines to hold him up. He was riding his normal line, KR was riding right behind him and made no real attempt to get around or move him out of the way. Can anyone imagine Webb doing that for a lap and a half?

the blue flag was in the guys hand holding a yellow is what i saw, he was holding him up because he was slower and going down a lap. I think lappers should be pulled.

|

1/26/2021 10:41 AM

You made an account to talk about Kens soft cock and coopers hard one? weird man..

|