Posts
1248
Joined
10/11/2012
Location
AU
Edited Date/Time
2/6/2014 12:26pm
For those that are interested.
Tyla Rattray is very much a guy you just want to like. Down to earth, funny and a true professional in the sport. The South African is also one of the few riders who has been able to beat Antonio Cairoli for a World title, and while that title was won after Cairoli got injured at the South African GP, Rattray had shown enough in the 2008 season to let us know he was all business.
His performances in Europe place him amongst some of the best riders of his era and his dedication to perfection is something that should see him well placed in 2014. Consistency is what wins Antonio Cairoli World titles and Rattray knows that better than anyone.
We caught up with Tyla Rattray in Italy last weekend and asked him about his chances in 2014 and what has changed in his life since he moved to America in 2009.
MXlarge: Tyla, firstly welcome back. Being away racing in America, on different types of circuits and in a series that is totally different from the Grand Prix series. Will it be tough to adjust to the GP series?
Rattray: I don’t think so. I was here for 8 years and I went to America for 5 years, so I know what to expect and it is something I am looking forward to ending the last part of my career in Europe. It’s a good decision and one I will enjoy.
http://www.mxlarge.com/2014/02/05/tyla-rattray-interview/
Tyla Rattray is very much a guy you just want to like. Down to earth, funny and a true professional in the sport. The South African is also one of the few riders who has been able to beat Antonio Cairoli for a World title, and while that title was won after Cairoli got injured at the South African GP, Rattray had shown enough in the 2008 season to let us know he was all business.
His performances in Europe place him amongst some of the best riders of his era and his dedication to perfection is something that should see him well placed in 2014. Consistency is what wins Antonio Cairoli World titles and Rattray knows that better than anyone.
We caught up with Tyla Rattray in Italy last weekend and asked him about his chances in 2014 and what has changed in his life since he moved to America in 2009.
MXlarge: Tyla, firstly welcome back. Being away racing in America, on different types of circuits and in a series that is totally different from the Grand Prix series. Will it be tough to adjust to the GP series?
Rattray: I don’t think so. I was here for 8 years and I went to America for 5 years, so I know what to expect and it is something I am looking forward to ending the last part of my career in Europe. It’s a good decision and one I will enjoy.
http://www.mxlarge.com/2014/02/05/tyla-rattray-interview/
?????
The Shop
DeCal Works Huge Plastic Inventory of UFO and Polisport kits.
Luxon 4-Post Bar Mounts
$189.95 - $239.95
Then of course there is Herlings in MX2... It will be interesting to see if anyone can catch him in the Superfinal with a headstart, I doubt it though. Leok only just caught Roczen with a lap or two to go a few years ago.
Have you ever noticed that some mx racers use the word "obviously" way too much? I'm no english major but why is it always obvious? It seems like guys who trained with Aldon Baker in that group do this, RV, Weimer, Ciancurulo, Rattray. Nick Wey also. I can not even listen to Weimer's interviews, he says it so often. Flame away...
Hope the weather picks up as im racing in the support class at hawkstone! should be interesting to ride the track on the same weekend as the pros- like you say its a super strong lineup this year (probably the best ever? ) - they should all be race ready with it being so close to the first gp too.
I'm not sure you could even call it a proper sand track these days. Plus Herlings is just returning from injury.
I think it will be demoralising if i look at the timing sheets and compare my laptimes to jeffreys at the international!!!!!!! so i might not look haha
Cairolli is a solid championship winning machine but Desalle can beat him from time to time. Would love to see Desalle put together a healthy 100 percent season.....ditto for Paulin and have MXGP be a real title battle.
Pit Row
From what I remember Pourcel almost pulled out a 250f Championship. Would have loved to see both Pourcel and Townley on factory 450fs.
Post a reply to: Tyla Rattray interview