Tracks in N Florida

Canadad
Edited Date/Time 1/29/2016 4:15pm
Heading down to Northern Florida with my daughter to do some riding in a couple of weeks and was looking for some feedback on where to ride. I was thinking of County Line, Waldo and Hardrock. We ride MX and would prefer sandy conditions and a safe place to have a trailer with bikes! Any input is greatly appreciated.
|
Wade221
1/28/2016 12:55pm
Been a few years since I lived near there but Hard Rock was always legit. Also in North Florida (Eastern Side) is NFMX in Hilliard and Dirt Farm across the border in Folkston. WW Ranch was built after I left, but heard it was really good
rubarb
1/28/2016 1:08pm
I heard there was a pretty good supercross track on Merritt Island.
fanopj1
1/28/2016 1:36pm
Don't forget Pax Trax in Bunnell and Bostwick MX in Green Cove Springs area. Both are great. Absolutely love Pax Trax. Check it out

The Shop

Steve 396
1/28/2016 4:27pm
County line is by far best track in NWF. big but safe jumps, mix of sand and clay base, RV hook ups, clean shower and restrooms. Milton mix is over by pensacola and is good too. All sand and safe jumps.
1/28/2016 4:32pm
Hard rock is a washed out shithole. Hit Tampa MX on Wednesday night. Great little layout. Run by Zack Freeberg. FTT has more money in his entryway landscaping than most national tracks have in their whole facility, and the tracks are more than congruent with the landscaping. If that place doesn't have a National inside of 5 years, it'll be insane. Open up the series in May before its blistering hot down there.
1/28/2016 5:33pm Edited Date/Time 1/28/2016 5:46pm
You MUST hit FTT it is far and beyond the best track in the state, the pro track that is. idk how skilled you guys are but the other am tracks are good for beginners and C class riders as well, plus lots of trails for messing around. if you want an awesome sand track, HardRocks sand track is absolutely AMAZING, super rough and rutted but lots of fun just pinning it around. The main track is as stated above, washed out and severely neglected, hard as concrete and never ever groomed plus the prices are ridiculous for the quality there. Dade City MX is just an all around great track for all ages and skill levels and always has nice turn outs and is groomed and prepped every ride. Tampa MX absolutely sucks right now, its super hard pack, will chew your tires apart, and the layout is just boring and timid and short. Also WW Ranch is probably second to FTT, black cow pasture sand with all the jumps clayed off, some big booters as well and long lap times. Pax Trax is also another good sand track, black sand with some nice jumps and decent lap times, and the layout is cool its basically dug out of the ground and you are surrounded by walls the entire time. Bostwick Creek is another real quality sand track with some clay mixed in and probabaly third to FTT and WW. Waldo is also nice and sandy and good for all skill levels, no real big jumps, lots of tables and smaller doubles. they also have an awesome turn track out front that is super fun if youre fast and like sandy turns and berms. The new Orlando MX, formerly Bithlo, has gotten soooo much better and is a mixture of grey sand/shell while the back is that deep loamy black cowpasture sand and the layout is always fun, with some nice size jumps and awesome berms. the Dyess family runs a nice facility there and keeps it prepped very nicely. All of these tracks, with the exception of HardRock are more than accommodating and safe for RV hook ups and camping or stashing the trailer. Have fun man FL is the best place to be for riding in the winter, not that crap hard pack and freeway ridden state Cali.
Dtat720
1/28/2016 6:02pm
FTT is south Florida. Hours away...

County Line, Milton MX, both sandy, red sand. Within an hour of each other. The Frank Fit Training/ Jetwerx/ AXTour guys are there right now. Justin Thompson, Kyle Thompson, Taylor Chiampini, Tanner Ward.. Rv hook ups, safe for trailers. Milton is safe for trailers also.
1/28/2016 7:41pm Edited Date/Time 1/28/2016 7:49pm
Tampa was loamy and perfect as of new years. Sounds like you haven't been there in awhile.
Live 20 mins away frequent it often, couple times already this year, "loamy" is the absolute farthest thing from what Tampa is lol. YOU must not ride it ever. Or your definition of loamy is incorrect. Had alot of rains that week. 9 out of 10 times its a concrete dust bowl and when they water, turns to ice for 1 practice then right back to how it was
1/28/2016 7:45pm
Dtat720 wrote:
FTT is south Florida. Hours away... County Line, Milton MX, both sandy, red sand. Within an hour of each other. The Frank Fit Training/ Jetwerx/ AXTour...
FTT is south Florida. Hours away...

County Line, Milton MX, both sandy, red sand. Within an hour of each other. The Frank Fit Training/ Jetwerx/ AXTour guys are there right now. Justin Thompson, Kyle Thompson, Taylor Chiampini, Tanner Ward.. Rv hook ups, safe for trailers. Milton is safe for trailers also.
The trip is wellllll worth the drive to make it to FTT, he should make it a weekend trip and stay overnight, especially since he will be here for more than one weekend. Absolutely will not be disappointed. If you've never been there then you have no idea what you're missing, and if you have been then you'd be recommending it as well no matter the length of drive.
Pape718
1/29/2016 3:15am
Ww ranch in Jacksonville, fl track is sandy great layout. My boys and me spend a week down there over Christmas break every year. 2 are on 65s and oldest on 125. The owners are really nice people and have full hookups.
gregmx05
1/29/2016 4:38am
Crossroads Mx in Jasper Fl is located just off I-75 right below the Ga line.

Jharper
1/29/2016 4:50am Edited Date/Time 1/29/2016 5:12am
Hard rock is a washed out shithole. Hit Tampa MX on Wednesday night. Great little layout. Run by Zack Freeberg. FTT has more money in his...
Hard rock is a washed out shithole. Hit Tampa MX on Wednesday night. Great little layout. Run by Zack Freeberg. FTT has more money in his entryway landscaping than most national tracks have in their whole facility, and the tracks are more than congruent with the landscaping. If that place doesn't have a National inside of 5 years, it'll be insane. Open up the series in May before its blistering hot down there.
I respectfully disagree with this. Hardrock just got completely redone and they added a Supercross track.

Tampa MX is like a pewee track nowadays unless you want to jump table to table in the middle right out of a corner. i don't think there's one jump over 40' now. Before Freeberg got his hands on it, it was actually fun.
h&m_cycle
1/29/2016 5:13am Edited Date/Time 1/29/2016 5:14am
Hard rock is a washed out shithole. Hit Tampa MX on Wednesday night. Great little layout. Run by Zack Freeberg. FTT has more money in his...
Yeah, that Hardrock alright... Southern Cal people would like it...
wfo4ever
1/29/2016 5:50am
My cousin and his family own WW Motocross Park in Jacksonville, Florida. Wayne Jr and his family are very good people. The track is very well maintained and is a great facility located on a 600+ acre ranch. Check out their website for more info. I am sure you will be very impressed.
Charper732
1/29/2016 5:52am
what are you guys making the trip down? Im doing the same thing. Heading down march 4th and staying for 9 days....riding every place I possibly can
Canadad
1/29/2016 7:06am
Charper732 wrote:
what are you guys making the trip down? Im doing the same thing. Heading down march 4th and staying for 9 days....riding every place I possibly...
what are you guys making the trip down? Im doing the same thing. Heading down march 4th and staying for 9 days....riding every place I possibly can
We are heading down Feb 12 and staying for about 9 days. Looks like there are lots of options. I could go to County Line and hang out with fellow Canadians and Junebug or head over and ride Waldo and Pax (and a few other options mentioned above). Last year we stayed in Alabama and rode Monster and Riverside but just looking to do something a little different this year. Weather will also be a big determining factor so where we go will likely be decided on the drive down.

A big thank you for all who have contributed from a grateful Canadian eh!
Jordan421
Fantasy
2594th
1/29/2016 9:03am
Reddick! Always felt like that was the best track in FL. It has been about 5 year since going there so idk if it's the same or not.
kaptkaos
1/29/2016 9:39am
I will say make the trip down to Florida Tracks and Trails. Its in North Fort Myers and its hands down the best facility in Florida and they treat you very well there. Your entire family will enjoy it. Theres a Beach on the lake and a Tiki hut with accomodations for the family to hang out and concessions.. Theres a general Store and a small pro shop. You have a Paintball Park in it, and theres 4 tracks a mudpit, a dragstrip and a trail system.

The two MX tracks are the best in the state and it will be the closest you can get to riding a Pro National Track.

They are only open on weekends so take that into consideration. You can arrive Friday after 5, but no tracks are open.
Grizz
1/29/2016 12:13pm Edited Date/Time 1/29/2016 12:14pm
kaptkaos wrote:
I will say make the trip down to Florida Tracks and Trails. Its in North Fort Myers and its hands down the best facility in Florida...
I will say make the trip down to Florida Tracks and Trails. Its in North Fort Myers and its hands down the best facility in Florida and they treat you very well there. Your entire family will enjoy it. Theres a Beach on the lake and a Tiki hut with accomodations for the family to hang out and concessions.. Theres a general Store and a small pro shop. You have a Paintball Park in it, and theres 4 tracks a mudpit, a dragstrip and a trail system.

The two MX tracks are the best in the state and it will be the closest you can get to riding a Pro National Track.

They are only open on weekends so take that into consideration. You can arrive Friday after 5, but no tracks are open.
It's the best track on the east coast that I've been to.

X3 for making the extra drive to FTT.

Edit: You have to check their Facebook frequently to know which weekends the Pro Track is open.
resetjet
1/29/2016 4:15pm
You MUST hit FTT it is far and beyond the best track in the state, the pro track that is. idk how skilled you guys are...
You MUST hit FTT it is far and beyond the best track in the state, the pro track that is. idk how skilled you guys are but the other am tracks are good for beginners and C class riders as well, plus lots of trails for messing around. if you want an awesome sand track, HardRocks sand track is absolutely AMAZING, super rough and rutted but lots of fun just pinning it around. The main track is as stated above, washed out and severely neglected, hard as concrete and never ever groomed plus the prices are ridiculous for the quality there. Dade City MX is just an all around great track for all ages and skill levels and always has nice turn outs and is groomed and prepped every ride. Tampa MX absolutely sucks right now, its super hard pack, will chew your tires apart, and the layout is just boring and timid and short. Also WW Ranch is probably second to FTT, black cow pasture sand with all the jumps clayed off, some big booters as well and long lap times. Pax Trax is also another good sand track, black sand with some nice jumps and decent lap times, and the layout is cool its basically dug out of the ground and you are surrounded by walls the entire time. Bostwick Creek is another real quality sand track with some clay mixed in and probabaly third to FTT and WW. Waldo is also nice and sandy and good for all skill levels, no real big jumps, lots of tables and smaller doubles. they also have an awesome turn track out front that is super fun if youre fast and like sandy turns and berms. The new Orlando MX, formerly Bithlo, has gotten soooo much better and is a mixture of grey sand/shell while the back is that deep loamy black cowpasture sand and the layout is always fun, with some nice size jumps and awesome berms. the Dyess family runs a nice facility there and keeps it prepped very nicely. All of these tracks, with the exception of HardRock are more than accommodating and safe for RV hook ups and camping or stashing the trailer. Have fun man FL is the best place to be for riding in the winter, not that crap hard pack and freeway ridden state Cali.

This guy has it right. You can also go to croom which has a campground. No mx track, but if you just want to goof off and camp, it is a good place to go.......It is at route 50 and I75 in brooksville. Great sand whoop practice!!!!!!!!

Post a reply to: Tracks in N Florida

The Latest