Tomac and savatgy similarities

BCA590
They both sure know how to screw up a championship year after year.
|
Racer111
2/3/2018 10:56pm
It’s the curse of RV. No one on a green bike shall win a 450 championship for 98 years. lol
hamncheeze
2/3/2018 11:32pm Edited Date/Time 2/3/2018 11:33pm
Racer111 wrote:
It’s the curse of RV. No one on a green bike shall win a 450 championship for 98 years. lol
Yeah and for extra measure Tomac had Mike Williamson as his mechanic tonight since Kranz was on baby watch. I wonder what Mikey thought of Eli camping out in the corner after his crash? I don’t think that was in the Villopoto playbook. Just noticed too JG came back to 10th. He was behind Eli in 21st at one point.

Being a fan of the 3 is a roller coaster.
JB479
2/4/2018 1:09am
They have both had some unusual crashes while leading over the last 2 years.

The Shop

Motofinne
2/4/2018 1:14am
I don't know if i agree because Tomac has the speed, Savatgy doesn't.

There are a few guys that are just faster than him at the moment, the best example of that is the race last week. He gets the holeshot and he got dropped by Plessinger & McElrath. I think AC would've passed him straight up but Savatgy went down.

He is still in the title fight because he seems to be the most consistent rider of the top guys.
2/4/2018 1:17am
Not even crashes while leading, they both have full blown disasters that just continue to get worst throughout the night.

There’s been plenty of times where a rider falls and remounts (QUICKLY) and can still make a charge to the top 5.. it’s not easy but a rider of tomac or savatgy caliber could do it.

For some reason, tomac hits the deck and has ZERO urgency to re-enter the race. Does he think everyone is going to let him merge back onto the track like he’s getting on the freeway? When there’s traffic you just force yourself into the freeway Laughing

Im a tomac fan myself but good lord dude..
RangerLee
2/4/2018 5:55am
It is the Bradshaw curse I am telling you. Damon Bradshaw had his season where he won more than double the SX races than his next closest competitor, Jeff Stanton, but Stanton won the title with his consistency.

The very next year, with Bradshaw being the favorite at the start of the season, it all went sideways, and he was not really a threat for the title. He would never win it. The end of that season Bradshaw looked upon the boxes at those holding the number 1 plate and gave the curse, "For any that win so many more races than his competitors, who only win half the number or less, but fail to win the SX title, that person will not come back and win the title the following years."

true story
kb228
2/4/2018 6:03am
Well tomac got taken out tonight. Wasnt even his error.
HenryA
2/4/2018 6:26am
It's the curse from the Hooters girl.
toroP
2/4/2018 7:05am
Savatgy
For me, the worst mistake of the night. Block pass before the triple, instead of working with Hill to catch AP then block passing for the win. He seemed to think he couldn’t win.
He was satisfied with a podium.

He deliberately shut down what could’ve been a three way battle for the win. I don’t get it.
jjavaman
Fantasy
3765th
2/4/2018 7:08am
kb228 wrote:
Well tomac got taken out tonight. Wasnt even his error.
No he didn't get taken out,chokemac does what he always does.
brightgrey
2/4/2018 8:26am
I don't think they're actually that similar. Tomac seems to be a headcase or whatever you want to call it, loses focus, makes a stupid mistake and throws it away, and/or just can't deal with the pressure. While imo Savatgy just has a really really low race iq, his pass on Hill last night eliminated his chance for the win after they pretty quickly closed the gap on a fading AP23. JA21 and KR94 both said that anywhere on the track after the whoops was ok for passing yet he picked what was probably the worst/slowest place to make it happen....not to mention a number of other times he has made some dumbass moves to toss the win away....one race last year comes to mind with a really tricky triple that not many of the riders were hitting regularly; he was out front with a comfortable lead, got out of shape but still went for that triple and ate it. No reason to do that, just a stupid move that cost him a lot of points and probably even the title.
Jmicmoto13
2/4/2018 8:32am
toroP wrote:
Savatgy For me, the worst mistake of the night. Block pass before the triple, instead of working with Hill to catch AP then block passing for...
Savatgy
For me, the worst mistake of the night. Block pass before the triple, instead of working with Hill to catch AP then block passing for the win. He seemed to think he couldn’t win.
He was satisfied with a podium.

He deliberately shut down what could’ve been a three way battle for the win. I don’t get it.
Exactly right. He had plenty of time to get a momentum pass done and still catch AP. Instead, he has a brain fart and stops he and Hill to a roll, and AP runs away. Terrible race craft.
2/4/2018 9:22am Edited Date/Time 2/4/2018 9:29am
I guess it's safe to put Anderson, Musquin and Roczen in that category too then? Using the logic used by the Vital Brain Trust its common knowledge that the true measure of a "head case" is making a mistake with that oh so heavy red plate which they have all done in recent years.

I'd also like to know how the experts go about deciding whether it's a mental mistake or just bad luck. Is it safe to say Roczen choked last year? What about Marv this year? Or does your last name have to be Tomac for that to happen?

Post a reply to: Tomac and savatgy similarities

The Latest