Thieves @ Milestone today...

goonrider
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 8:51am
To those who stole my camera bag out of my car while I was doing a photoshoot... may you rot in hell.

I was parked in a very visible spot next to our team van and they must have waited for all of us to be on the track at the same time and then managed "Operation Scumbag" and swooped in like the Navy Seals and took my shet.

Lock your cars folks... =(
|
mxb2
5/13/2011 7:04pm
sucks dude, get a police report and make an insurance claim, should replace your stolen stuff! These are the days now you can not leave anything unlocked or unattended!, check some pawn shops, craigs list etc.
leeroy
5/13/2011 7:10pm
i feel lucky, i was at milestone the other day and left my truck unlocked all day.
lesson learned !!!!
Stephon
5/13/2011 7:18pm
leeroy wrote:
i feel lucky, i was at milestone the other day and left my truck unlocked all day.
lesson learned !!!!
Did you forget to lock it or are you super trusting of others?

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
5/13/2011 9:26pm
Wow, that sucks. Sad
smrscott
5/13/2011 9:52pm
That is not the first time I have heard about cameras being stolen at Milestone

The first part of this year I think one of the Dirt Bike or Motocross action guys had a camera and lens taken from his truck right in the middle of the Yamaha Two-stroke intro - there were people all around all day and he left his truck and came back sans camera.

Lock your wallets and anything of value if you ride at Milestone - you never know who might be watching.
Sherwood
5/13/2011 9:57pm
I find that most things getting stolen today are crimes of opportunity. Keep your stuff locked up.

Sorry about the camera stuff getting stolen. It's a shitty feeling.
5/14/2011 12:07am
Stephon wrote:
Why the EFF would you ask that question? Does it matter now you gum wagon?
MX_Andrew83
5/14/2011 5:09am
I hate a scum bag theif! Nothing worst than having something stolen, that you payed for with your own hard work.
motoxxx599
Fantasy
875th
5/14/2011 5:14am
Stephon wrote:
TripleFive wrote:
gum wagon. nice.
Highsider
5/14/2011 5:43am
motoxxx599 wrote:
gum wagon. nice.
Good one.
Got my morning coffee and laugh out of the way!
Going to be a good day.
Stephon
5/14/2011 5:48am
Stephon wrote:
TripleFive wrote:
I'll keep it short. Because I felt like asking. I can tell you are on the fast track to being an official internet moderator. Patience...
slowvet
5/14/2011 6:02am
Stephon wrote:
TripleFive wrote:
Stephon wrote:
I'll keep it short. Because I felt like asking. I can tell you are on the fast track to being an official internet moderator. Patience...
I didn't think it was a bad question, How many people lock their vehicles and leave their tool boxes on the tailgait of their truck and go out for some laps? I've never had a problem. Sorry to hear that Goon.
motodriller
5/14/2011 6:30am
Don't you just love how people make you feel like its your own fault when you get ripped off. FUCK THEM. You may have a broken window to fix if it was locked. Maybe the tracks insurance should be hit up for this. I got some tools stolen once and made a police report for insurance and the cop was a asshole telling me I was lucky that's all they got. Yea I feel realy lucky you fuckin pig. What a dickhead.
buggz
5/14/2011 6:39am
Sorry to hear that, we are xtra careful when we ride there.
sxf138
5/14/2011 7:31am
No no no, we do not "hit" the tracks insurance for this. Do you know what that would do to our entry fees if not shut the tracks down completeley. It comes down everyone being more careful and always having to "look" over thier shoulder when they ride. It's a bummer thats the way it is, but that is what is has come to now. I heard rumors that pilestone will be starting a $10 spectator fee, this should funnel out the bottom feeders.

Ps. Im sorry about your camera man, thats a bummer.
T-Fish
Fantasy
335th
5/14/2011 8:28am
goonrider wrote:
To those who stole my camera bag out of my car while I was doing a photoshoot... may you rot in hell. I was parked in...
To those who stole my camera bag out of my car while I was doing a photoshoot... may you rot in hell.

I was parked in a very visible spot next to our team van and they must have waited for all of us to be on the track at the same time and then managed "Operation Scumbag" and swooped in like the Navy Seals and took my shet.

Lock your cars folks... =(
What was left in the bag? Camera bodies, lenses? It sounds like you were using the camera because you said you were doing a photoshoot when it was stolen. Did you have multiple cameras?

It sucks that you got your shit jacked.

I've never locked anything up at a track here in Wisconsin, except for one track that had an issue of people stealing shit in the middle of the night.
mxb2
5/14/2011 11:21am
sxf138 wrote:
No no no, we do not "hit" the tracks insurance for this. Do you know what that would do to our entry fees if not shut...
No no no, we do not "hit" the tracks insurance for this. Do you know what that would do to our entry fees if not shut the tracks down completeley. It comes down everyone being more careful and always having to "look" over thier shoulder when they ride. It's a bummer thats the way it is, but that is what is has come to now. I heard rumors that pilestone will be starting a $10 spectator fee, this should funnel out the bottom feeders.

Ps. Im sorry about your camera man, thats a bummer.
Vehicle insurance should cover the loss, some companies might require a police report number! If its not bolted on to the vehicle the homeowners or renters insurance will cover it. I think asking if it was locked is a legit question, because i bet the insurance company will ask and the police will ask also.
Tiki
Fantasy
1695th
5/17/2011 10:32pm
Why should you have to worry about locking your rig up inside a track that you pay to get into? It's not a dumb question, it reflects more on the place than anything else. Aside from a track in NorCal named after a sock, I have heard more and more of this. Fortunately I have been blessed in some of the worst neighborhood where I parked or ridden. I'm including the high dez where trash blows in fences and panhandles.
Hallzilla
5/18/2011 9:26am
This is part of the reason why i do not Ride there any Longer. If you can Charge me a yearly membership fee, then at least keep the f'nn riff raf out. SCUM. I think the thieves have the the system down at milestone Looking around when a solo rider / cameraman heads out onto the track and swooping in. I am hearing about theft at this place about once a week. Take at look at some of the workers and flaggers next time you are there. It would not surprise me is they were in on it !
fcr
5/18/2011 12:16pm
Hallzilla wrote:
This is part of the reason why i do not Ride there any Longer. If you can Charge me a yearly membership fee, then at least...
This is part of the reason why i do not Ride there any Longer. If you can Charge me a yearly membership fee, then at least keep the f'nn riff raf out. SCUM. I think the thieves have the the system down at milestone Looking around when a solo rider / cameraman heads out onto the track and swooping in. I am hearing about theft at this place about once a week. Take at look at some of the workers and flaggers next time you are there. It would not surprise me is they were in on it !
Wouldn't be surprised either, it is in an area that is not so good. Bloomington, Rubidoux and Fairmont Park .
Lightning78
5/18/2011 12:18pm
calimxer91 wrote:
Hear this a lot about that place.
Its the new Elsinore when it comes to Trash hanging out at the track.....stealing tools, racing throught the parking lot while NEVER riding the track. Some jerk-offs come just to be seen at the track and hardly even ride.....just like Elsinore was.
mxb2
5/18/2011 12:18pm
Simple lock your vehicle and have insurance, yea its sucks but criminials are everywhere. If they want it bad enough they will get it by breaking the window or picking the lock.
Hallzilla
5/18/2011 12:41pm
mxb2 wrote:
Simple lock your vehicle and have insurance, yea its sucks but criminials are everywhere. If they want it bad enough they will get it by breaking...
Simple lock your vehicle and have insurance, yea its sucks but criminials are everywhere. If they want it bad enough they will get it by breaking the window or picking the lock.
yea, Simple, But to think you have to lug the tools, gear bag etc. into the truck. That just plain sucks !
I go out to Racetown alot, and that place is in the middle of Tweakerville, but not nearly as many problems.
goonrider
5/18/2011 12:43pm
Yes my car was unlocked (I usually lock it) but I went back to my car at the last minute to get a camera part and forgot to lock it when I was done. However, I get the look and response from people I tell this story to of "Well you didn't lock your car." That doesn't give someone the right to go in my vehicle and take my things.

It reminds me of the argument "She got raped?... Was she wearing slutty clothes?... well there you go, you shouldn't dress that way then." WTF!

I filed a police report and had the sheriff come out. I have filed an insurance claim and do not fault the track at all.

All we can do is watch out for our fellow racers and keep your eyes out for those thugs who show up at the track without bikes.
mxb2
5/18/2011 12:51pm
goonrider wrote:
Yes my car was unlocked (I usually lock it) but I went back to my car at the last minute to get a camera part and...
Yes my car was unlocked (I usually lock it) but I went back to my car at the last minute to get a camera part and forgot to lock it when I was done. However, I get the look and response from people I tell this story to of "Well you didn't lock your car." That doesn't give someone the right to go in my vehicle and take my things.

It reminds me of the argument "She got raped?... Was she wearing slutty clothes?... well there you go, you shouldn't dress that way then." WTF!

I filed a police report and had the sheriff come out. I have filed an insurance claim and do not fault the track at all.

All we can do is watch out for our fellow racers and keep your eyes out for those thugs who show up at the track without bikes.
Yea your are right, locked or unlocked its your shit, but in this day and age people work hard for their stuff not to have it protected or insured. and yes its a pain in the ass to put all your stuff in the front of the vehicle, but better safe than sorry! If they want ur shit they will get it no matter what, but at least it will be harder to get my stuff! or they will find a easier target. Hope your insurance took care of you. Most tracks are not liable for theft etc! and they do not have paid police or security cruising the pits, unless its a big event. and have posted signs, not liable, i just would not go back or al least get some riding passess.

Post a reply to: Thieves @ Milestone today...

The Latest