Shorty s confidence

Skinnly
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 5:38am
Two blown engines in one day? That is not good in any way.I was listening and he was wringing that thing to death,which is what you have to do with that thing.Cant blame him but which looks worse,switching to a 450,or keep suffering mechanicals or worse,hurt the rider?Switching to a 450 could be the best thing
|
kongols
5/26/2011 7:46am
You should find out the cause before going on a rant.
gotwings
5/26/2011 7:46am
Anything's better than spitting valves out the tailpipe!!!
huck
5/26/2011 7:48am
IMO...It wouldn't look good on KTM, if he switched to a 450 now... But then again, it doesn't look good when he DNF's two motos, back to back....
Skinnly
5/26/2011 7:52am
kongols wrote:
Like we ll ever know. It grenaded ,what more do you need to know?

The Shop

dboivin
5/26/2011 7:54am
350 or 450, neither gonna make him win a championship. he'll struggle top5 if everyones healthy. I like him as a rider tho, i think hes a win/win for any factory to have on their team. Smile

mechanicals happen, it is what it is. 350's are fine.
raddad
5/26/2011 7:55am
I would bet that he will stay on the 350, we have not had blow ups like that here locally nor in the GP's in Euro land that i have read about. RD blew his screwlooski up last year and they stayed with the 450 rather than go to the 350. Didn't know they had a 350 did ya?! shhhh top secret insider info right there..
Skinnly
5/26/2011 7:57am
huck wrote:
IMO...It wouldn't look good on KTM, if he switched to a 450 now... But then again, it doesn't look good when he DNF's two motos, back...
IMO...It wouldn't look good on KTM, if he switched to a 450 now... But then again, it doesn't look good when he DNF's two motos, back to back....
KTM would persuade one way or the other,but Short has to be questioning it.
PD441
5/26/2011 8:15am
From the looks of Alessi's crash, I'm wondering if it wasn't mechanically-related. It sure looked like a flame-out situation to me.
ATKpilot99
5/26/2011 8:27am
His bike was ailing in the first moto but he managed to nurse it home to a 9th place finish. 2nd moto DNF. I thought I read somewhere DeCoster said it was a cooling problem and they were working on it.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
5/26/2011 8:30am
PD441 wrote:
From the looks of Alessi's crash, I'm wondering if it wasn't mechanically-related. It sure looked like a flame-out situation to me.
I was wondering the same thing because that was a really freak accident. But after watching it a few times it looked like a scrub gone wrong.

But Shorty's bike is def not confidence inspiring. Like I said in another thread, I don't know if it's the bike, some experimental new parts, Frankie not doing his job, or just plain old bad luck piling onto the same rider over and over but they have to figure it out soon. No matter what the reason is for it, they are out there to sell bikes and the only thing more memorable than what brand of bike won is the bike they saw being pushed back to the pits.
DownSouth
5/26/2011 8:33am
PD441 wrote:
I have read that Mike dragged his pegs in a rut and it pulled his foot off the peg right before the takeoff.
lucero10x
5/26/2011 8:34am
PD441 wrote:
TriRacer27 wrote:
I was wondering the same thing because that was a really freak accident. But after watching it a few times it looked like a scrub gone...
I was wondering the same thing because that was a really freak accident. But after watching it a few times it looked like a scrub gone wrong.

But Shorty's bike is def not confidence inspiring. Like I said in another thread, I don't know if it's the bike, some experimental new parts, Frankie not doing his job, or just plain old bad luck piling onto the same rider over and over but they have to figure it out soon. No matter what the reason is for it, they are out there to sell bikes and the only thing more memorable than what brand of bike won is the bike they saw being pushed back to the pits.
So they had a cooling problem. Kind of hard to fix in two hours, notwithstanding the engine they had to change to get it ready for the second moto. Remember Shorty not making it out for the first moto at a race last year on a factory honda because they had a problem? Mechanicals happen.
T-Fish
Fantasy
335th
5/26/2011 8:41am
kongols wrote:
I believe DeCoster said they got a new batch of radiators in and the the bike overheated both motos. I don't think they'll have a problem getting this sorted out by Saturday.

He'll probably finish 5th-9th, right where he should in this field.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
5/26/2011 8:45am
PD441 wrote:
TriRacer27 wrote:
I was wondering the same thing because that was a really freak accident. But after watching it a few times it looked like a scrub gone...

lucero10x wrote:
So they had a cooling problem. Kind of hard to fix in two hours, notwithstanding the engine they had to change to get it ready for...
So they had a cooling problem. Kind of hard to fix in two hours, notwithstanding the engine they had to change to get it ready for the second moto. Remember Shorty not making it out for the first moto at a race last year on a factory honda because they had a problem? Mechanicals happen.
Yeah but the Honda's issue was a freak electrical issue.

Cooling problems are avoidable! They've raced that bike all over the world now for over a year, motocross, off-road, enduro, etc. How on earth would you not have an adequate cooling system for it by now? JGR, a non "factory" team had time to create it's own custom radiators to keep the Yamaha cool. There's just no excuse for not having an adequate cooling system by this point.

Freak mechanical issues happen.

Systems that are not designed correctly and thus fail twice in a row shouldn't.
kongols
5/26/2011 8:49am
Don`t sweat, everything will be in tip-top shape for arrival of Dungey in year 2012.Whistling
lucero10x
5/26/2011 8:54am
TriRacer27 wrote:

lucero10x wrote:
So they had a cooling problem. Kind of hard to fix in two hours, notwithstanding the engine they had to change to get it ready for...
TriRacer27 wrote:
Yeah but the Honda's issue was a freak electrical issue. Cooling problems are avoidable! They've raced that bike all over the world now for over a...
Yeah but the Honda's issue was a freak electrical issue.

Cooling problems are avoidable! They've raced that bike all over the world now for over a year, motocross, off-road, enduro, etc. How on earth would you not have an adequate cooling system for it by now? JGR, a non "factory" team had time to create it's own custom radiators to keep the Yamaha cool. There's just no excuse for not having an adequate cooling system by this point.

Freak mechanical issues happen.

Systems that are not designed correctly and thus fail twice in a row shouldn't.
How long have we been running electrical systems on motorcycles? Oh yeah, since the very first one...hence the reason we have spark and internal combustion. And how long have we been running radiators? Pretty damn long too, but not near as long. Your argument blows and your axe grinding is weak.
Skinnly
5/26/2011 8:57am
kongols wrote:
Don`t sweat, everything will be in tip-top shape for arrival of Dungey in year 2012.Whistling
As bad a year their having,next year could be full of championships.
5/26/2011 9:05am
nothing wrong with the 350 as a unit ! plain n simple - shit breaks - F1 cars have issues FFS.
Skinnly
5/26/2011 9:08am
I guess radiator is a great excuse.Theyve said that thing is tuned to the max.They keep finding the breaking point.
5/26/2011 9:29am
This will be interesting to see when the weather really starts to heat up..
thordude
5/26/2011 10:05am
I talked to a few KTM dealers and they said that warranties are through the roof on the 350, hardly any on the 250 and 450.
thordude
5/26/2011 10:06am
Rings locking up for no reason. Good oil, no dirt, just failure.
thordude
5/26/2011 10:07am
kongols wrote:
Dungey is going to Team Two Two's Honda's satellite team.
peelout
5/26/2011 10:21am
i'd like to get a 350 for trail riding, but for moto? fuhgetaboutit
Skinnly
5/26/2011 10:25am
peelout wrote:
i'd like to get a 350 for trail riding, but for moto? fuhgetaboutit
I would get a two stroke or big bore ktm in a heartbeat,but pro racing is unreal on a bike.
kongols
5/26/2011 10:26am
kongols wrote:
thordude wrote:
Dungey is going to Team Two Two's Honda's satellite team.
Wishful thinking with out any base whatsoever. After this motocross season he`ll be in a price range no satellite team will be able to afford, but keep on dreaming.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
5/26/2011 10:37am
lucero10x wrote:
How long have we been running electrical systems on motorcycles? Oh yeah, since the very first one...hence the reason we have spark and internal combustion. And...
How long have we been running electrical systems on motorcycles? Oh yeah, since the very first one...hence the reason we have spark and internal combustion. And how long have we been running radiators? Pretty damn long too, but not near as long. Your argument blows and your axe grinding is weak.
Yeah and neither the electrical systems on current FI machines nor the cooling systems have changed much since then....and they are equally complicated....Unsure

And how often has the Honda been sidelined with electrical issues this year, or any issues at all?? And Shorty's KTM???

Using that once in nearly never electrical issue of the Honda to justify the 350's continual failure this year is, well, shoot I don't even know what to compare it to because it's so retarded.
lucero10x
5/26/2011 12:00pm
TriRacer27 wrote:
Yeah and neither the electrical systems on current FI machines nor the cooling systems have changed much since then....and they are equally complicated....:unsure: And how often...
Yeah and neither the electrical systems on current FI machines nor the cooling systems have changed much since then....and they are equally complicated....Unsure

And how often has the Honda been sidelined with electrical issues this year, or any issues at all?? And Shorty's KTM???

Using that once in nearly never electrical issue of the Honda to justify the 350's continual failure this year is, well, shoot I don't even know what to compare it to because it's so retarded.
Like downs syndrome retarded or what, doctor?
5/26/2011 12:21pm Edited Date/Time 5/26/2011 12:22pm
lucero10x wrote:
How long have we been running electrical systems on motorcycles? Oh yeah, since the very first one...hence the reason we have spark and internal combustion. And...
TriRacer27 wrote:
Yeah and neither the electrical systems on current FI machines nor the cooling systems have changed much since then....and they are equally complicated....:unsure: And how often...

Kurt Cassilie(didn't spell it right oh well) is riding the 350 in both hare and hound and Worcs this year has had one DNF due to motor trouble this year so far.
T-Fish
Fantasy
335th
5/26/2011 12:39pm
lucero10x wrote:
TriRacer27 wrote:

Once in nearly never happened to Short twice last year...on a Factory Honda.

Post a reply to: Shorty s confidence

The Latest