Scoring could use a relook

hunterp27
Edited Date/Time 5/6/2017 11:11pm
Look, I don't have a dog in this hunt. Dungey, great guy, great champion and 1st ballot hall of famer. Tomac, his best days are ahead of him and the kid has mad speed. I'm just a little troubled when a guy wins 9 races (coulda been 10 with tonight) and the champion only wins three. Ya I get the consistency argument that all the Dungey nut swingers will promote, but does that make you the best in a sport that's driven by speed? I'm not so sure it does. I'm just saying that there should be a bigger reward for spilling your guts to actually win the race. Maybe I'm wrong and the right guy won, but something tells me Tomac is faster, better and more skilled rider. But......like I said at the start of this thread, I don't have a dog in this hunt.
|
Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
5/6/2017 10:37pm
If anything I think the points should be tighter
It's usually a total runaway
bodean123
Fantasy
2132nd
5/6/2017 10:39pm
One of the closest seasons we've had in years....and people are upset?
hunterp27
5/6/2017 10:47pm
Not even close to upset. Terrific battle and great ending, but something's nagging at me. Poster above has a point about runaways, but it just seems like a guy that wins 9 races is pretty consistent too. I guess guys like Bradshaw know how Tomac feels right about now.

The Shop

5/6/2017 10:59pm
hunterp27 wrote:
Not even close to upset. Terrific battle and great ending, but something's nagging at me. Poster above has a point about runaways, but it just seems...
Not even close to upset. Terrific battle and great ending, but something's nagging at me. Poster above has a point about runaways, but it just seems like a guy that wins 9 races is pretty consistent too. I guess guys like Bradshaw know how Tomac feels right about now.
Hunterp27 is right. The fastest guy is not winning the championship. Yes, it happens in all sports. Hey, look at the falcons, they blew a 28-3 lead. Shit happens. Dungeys cashing that check at the end of the day but he's not the fastest. He has not been the fastest in most of the championships he's won but that's racing. Ya gotta be in it to win it
Hank_Thrill
5/6/2017 11:01pm
I think supercross should be like NBA basketball. First racer to win four games, I mean races, takes home the title.
Corey_Tallent
5/6/2017 11:05pm
this is a terrible comparison but here goes. Dungey has been throwing on average, 85 cents into this piggy bank every week for the the entire season. Tomac threw in a full 1.00 bill into his own piggy bank 9 times this year and some change here and there.

Thats why winning 9 races doesnt mean "everything". At the end of the season who has more money in their bank?
cameron96
5/6/2017 11:06pm
Make first more rewarding.... then the last 5 titles would have been clinched even sooner....
newmann
5/6/2017 11:10pm
hunterp27 wrote:
Look, I don't have a dog in this hunt. Dungey, great guy, great champion and 1st ballot hall of famer. Tomac, his best days are ahead...
Look, I don't have a dog in this hunt. Dungey, great guy, great champion and 1st ballot hall of famer. Tomac, his best days are ahead of him and the kid has mad speed. I'm just a little troubled when a guy wins 9 races (coulda been 10 with tonight) and the champion only wins three. Ya I get the consistency argument that all the Dungey nut swingers will promote, but does that make you the best in a sport that's driven by speed? I'm not so sure it does. I'm just saying that there should be a bigger reward for spilling your guts to actually win the race. Maybe I'm wrong and the right guy won, but something tells me Tomac is faster, better and more skilled rider. But......like I said at the start of this thread, I don't have a dog in this hunt.
"Don't have a dog in this hunt"

"all the Dungey nut swingers"

Here buddy, fill this out...Laughing

TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
5/6/2017 11:10pm
Hey, why don't they do what AX did with their series - then the racer with the most wins on the season will surely win the championship.....oh wait, didn't happen there either.
Feint
5/6/2017 11:11pm
You want to reward wins more? I hope you enjoy watching less riders making it through the season. If they made the difference between first and second 5 points I doubt we'd ever see a season still competitive with more than 2 races left.
BobbyM
5/6/2017 11:13pm
hunterp27 wrote:
Look, I don't have a dog in this hunt. Dungey, great guy, great champion and 1st ballot hall of famer. Tomac, his best days are ahead...
I say the rider with fewest mistakes/crashes is champion...
wfo4ever
5/6/2017 11:30pm
Looking forward to the Outdoor Nationals to see some real Motocross like in the 70's except with a lot of Supercross obstacles that are not needed at all. Motocross is supposed to be run on a natural terrain track but MX Sports has lost their way over the years. But wfo4ever is "Old School" and that will never change.
Pakoyz250f
Fantasy
1568th
5/6/2017 11:42pm
Ok so a guy wins the first 9 races... They cancel the next 8 races or what????! He just sit out and all the other guys keep racing ? It's a championship not a let's see who wins the more races, even the 250s some championships could be decided in the first four races ? That's stupid and your argument that it's a sport driven by speed is wrong if you like that go and watch drag racing that's all speed this is a beautiful and unique motorsport based on speed, intelligence, consistency, brains, mechanical failures, hard work, and so on
5/6/2017 11:43pm
bvm111 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/05/06/193258/s1200_IMG_1301.jpg[/img]

It looked like Joey's handlebar almost hooked onto Osborne's​ bike there at the end...damn that was close!

Post a reply to: Scoring could use a relook

The Latest