Red Bud just got better....

pilotx253
Posts
82
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Wausau, WI, USA
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 6:23am
RC, Stanton, Emig and more for the two stroke race. Personally hoping Larocco fires his up.
|
Butters
Posts
763
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Dacula, GA, USA
6/30/2009 10:46am
My invite must have been lost in the mail...
Cygnus
Posts
14845
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Hanover, CO, USA
6/30/2009 10:52am
Welcome to last week. You really should have known.
pilotx253
Posts
82
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Wausau, WI, USA
6/30/2009 10:54am
From the email I received, its only going to be open to national and local icons at this round. Guess Stanton was able to round up a good portion of the Michigan Mafia----just speculation----can't wait to see an official entry list.
pilotx253
Posts
82
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Wausau, WI, USA
6/30/2009 10:57am
Oh yeah---I saw the post last week, however the event was open to any A riders or past pros. Now its only open to "national and local icons" of the sport. Emig is a new addition I believe.

The Shop

SIMX
Posts
633
Joined
8/21/2006
Location
USA
6/30/2009 11:14am
pilotx253 wrote:
Oh yeah---I saw the post last week, however the event was open to any A riders or past pros. Now its only open to "national and...
Oh yeah---I saw the post last week, however the event was open to any A riders or past pros. Now its only open to "national and local icons" of the sport. Emig is a new addition I believe.

Hope he jumps the "parking lot jump"!!!!!!!!!!!!
rocrac
Posts
2454
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Indianapolis, IN, USA
6/30/2009 11:22am
pilotx253 wrote:
Oh yeah---I saw the post last week, however the event was open to any A riders or past pros. Now its only open to "national and...
Oh yeah---I saw the post last week, however the event was open to any A riders or past pros. Now its only open to "national and local icons" of the sport. Emig is a new addition I believe.
SIMX wrote:

Hope he jumps the "parking lot jump"!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL
6/30/2009 11:23am
Awesome.

Man, I'd love to see these legends suit up for this!!!

CR250Rider
Posts
6706
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Moses Lake, WA, USA
6/30/2009 11:24am Edited Date/Time 6/30/2009 11:24am
Awesome.

Man, I'd love to see these legends suit up for this!!!

+1 Devil
straight up
6/30/2009 11:34am
Awesome.

Man, I'd love to see these legends suit up for this!!!

CR250Rider wrote:
+1 straight up
+1 Devil
straight up
"For Sure!!!"

Just don't "Throw me under the bus" if it doesn't work out!

+2
Cygnus
Posts
14845
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Hanover, CO, USA
6/30/2009 11:49am
No. I am pretty sure it was just a legends race when we heard about it last week. But don't let that stop ya. Why not start a thread and introduce yourself too.
pilotx253
Posts
82
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Wausau, WI, USA
6/30/2009 12:16pm
Please read the rider qualifications: http://www.mxsportsproracing.com/pages/administration/fmf-2-stroke-invi…

I am pretty sure last weeks thread was solely based on Stantons MXA interview.

Cygnus---stop by the track and I will teach you how to ride some pop-a-wheelies and I will introduce myself. Going to be an awesome weekend coming up at Red Bud and want everyone to be rev'd up for the 2 stroke race---going to be a good one.
Cygnus
Posts
14845
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Hanover, CO, USA
6/30/2009 12:22pm
I wish I could be at the Bud. I need some help with my pop a wheelies.
Jabjr222
Posts
1364
Joined
4/17/2008
Location
Seattle, WA, USA
6/30/2009 12:30pm
So, is it just an exhibition or an actual race?
6/30/2009 2:05pm
i just hope they show it on alli. slot an extra 25 or 30 minutes it'll be okay!Cool
KMC440
Posts
7764
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
6/30/2009 3:57pm
FroFro Eggmig will crush the "Lot" jump.
ThePipe
Posts
1834
Joined
8/2/2006
Location
Hell WI pop 1, WI, USA
6/30/2009 4:10pm
Josh
What's Derleins email addy?
neysbo
Posts
2015
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Edelstein, IL, USA
6/30/2009 6:44pm
It is an actual race but will be interesting as there are many legends and all racing along with some current young "A" riders. One of our friends who is a young gun received word he is in. Should be a blast to watch
-eagle-
Posts
1610
Joined
5/9/2008
Location
ZW
6/30/2009 7:08pm
You guys are in for a treat. Hope someone catches it on film.
davis224
Posts
7585
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Cornland, IL, USA
Fantasy
6/30/2009 7:15pm
-eagle- wrote:
You guys are in for a treat. Hope someone catches it on film.
I'll be on that.
6/30/2009 7:25pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 12:41am
Hope someone records this thing on VIDEO, without the gansta-metal. Larocco looked great 2 years ago!





Wandell
Posts
7852
Joined
12/17/2008
Location
Cairo, GA, USA
6/30/2009 8:36pm
I'm really looking forward to this.
RACERX69
Posts
1174
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
San Antonio, TX, USA
6/30/2009 8:40pm
RC on an RM 250 is going to mak those guys look silly.
Big Lenny
Posts
14378
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Compton, CA, USA
6/30/2009 9:10pm
RACERX69 wrote:
RC on an RM 250 is going to mak those guys look silly.
RC's ready..

Jabjr222
Posts
1364
Joined
4/17/2008
Location
Seattle, WA, USA
6/30/2009 9:22pm
Not gonna be much of a "race"... I really doubt these old guys are approaching it as such... I'm sure a lot of excuses will be flying around...

RC would still run away and hide from the full-time pros anyway...
Ashleymx
Posts
694
Joined
8/12/2008
Location
Cumming, GA, USA
6/30/2009 9:25pm
Sure hope we see it on Allisports. Lap times will be interesting with RC out there lol.
mxdad
Posts
482
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
6/30/2009 9:39pm
1 day of practice on the pro track, 2 days of racing on the pro track, 2 nights of racing under the lights, 4 days of motocross nirvana. Oh yeah and there is also some big time race to watch on Saturday. And now a legends two stroke race to watch. Add to that the camping fun, campfires, beer allowed, 2 pro fireworks shows and the non stop eye candy.

Red Bud. Heaven on Earth

I vote they have Red Bud 1, 2, 3 on the 2010 series schedule.
JB 19
Posts
4350
Joined
3/8/2009
Location
Marion, OH, USA
6/30/2009 9:52pm
Somebody get Bradshaw a YZ 250 so him and Stanton can bang bars!
TomZ
Posts
708
Joined
7/24/2008
Location
West Bloomfield, MI, USA
7/1/2009 9:30am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 12:41am
pilotx253 wrote:
RC, Stanton, Emig and more for the two stroke race. Personally hoping Larocco fires his up.
Pretty awesome group of racers !!!


FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Brrraaappp!!! Two-strokes fire up once again @ Monster Energy RedBud MX National!
Carmichael, Stanton & Emig head up a field including Michigan Mafia greats in this all-two-stroke gate exhibition race @ RedBud July 4th
Jeff Stanton photo courtesy of: American Honda
BUCHANAN, Mich., (June 30 2009) – Fans yearning for the unmistakable crackle of two-stroke dirt bikes ripping around RedBud’s pro track will get their wish this Saturday with the inaugural running of the RedBud FMF Two-Stroke Invitational, featuring the likes of Ricky Carmichael, Jeff Stanton, Jeff Emig and a whole host of recognizable Michigan Mafia names from several eras of pro MX racing!
The three-lap exhibition race, scheduled for intermission at this Saturday’s (July 4th) Monster Energy MX National @ RedBud, will be run on older and more current two-stroke bikes – the kind of which not only put RedBud on the map, but allowed the sport of motocross to prosper with their quick-hitting power and indistinguishable “Brrraaappp” noise eminating from the exhaust.
“This is going to be an absolute blast,” said Stanton, the multi-time MX/SX champ from nearby Sherwood, Mich.. “It’s been a while since the fans at RedBud have heard a bunch of two-strokes racing around the track. I think everyone’s really going to get a kick out of this – I know I will.”
Added Carmichael: “I’m with Stanton, man. This is gonna be a riot.”
Joining RC and Michigan’s greatest motocross racer of all time will be a number of recognizable names from the Michigan motocross ranks, i.e., the Michigan Mafia members, guys from a number of pro racing eras that still get after it, including: Todd DeHoop, Josh Woods, Kelly Smith, Matt Maximoff, Josh Lichtle, Matt Crown, Larry Witmer, Jay Wagner and Ryan Valade.
jtomasik
Posts
12895
Joined
8/17/2006
Location
Golden, CO, USA
7/1/2009 9:38am
-eagle- wrote:
You guys are in for a treat. Hope someone catches it on film.
X2

I'd love to see it.
davis224
Posts
7585
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Cornland, IL, USA
Fantasy
7/1/2009 10:15am
does anybody know how you get on the gate for it? invite only? Because I work with a certain former pro that's really interested in doing it.

Post a reply to: Red Bud just got better....

The Latest