REED SICK!!

Edited Date/Time 1/23/2012 11:36am
Now we know why he was so slow.... stomache virus.... lost 15 lbs already!
|
flarider
Posts
25496
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Daytona Beach, FL, USA
4/19/2009 11:48am
Will people call him soft and make fun of him like they did James?

Will people make PED jokes and accusations?
Cygnus
Posts
14845
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Hanover, CO, USA
4/19/2009 11:49am
How dare they run a race series during cold and flu season.
KAMIKAZE
Posts
213
Joined
6/10/2008
Location
Carmichael, CA, USA
4/19/2009 11:52am
Sick of getting Beat !! Has the presure gotten to him ??Whistling
kevin204
Posts
4175
Joined
12/29/2006
Location
Kawartha Lakes, ON, CA
Fantasy
4/19/2009 11:53am
How do we know he was a stomach virus??

The Shop

4/19/2009 11:54am
i love it. since st. louis even. lmfao. it wouldnt come out untill he has such a bad night. had be took 1st or 2nd, we wouldnt of heard about it.
4/19/2009 11:54am
they announced it on the televised SX...
MXR
Posts
3780
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
City, WA, USA
4/19/2009 11:56am
They said he looked thin and lost 15 pounds
kevin204
Posts
4175
Joined
12/29/2006
Location
Kawartha Lakes, ON, CA
Fantasy
4/19/2009 11:57am
Bummer. Guess the championship is over huh?
4/19/2009 12:01pm
only 3 points down. wouldnt that put reed up 3 points if he wins the next 2?
kevin204
Posts
4175
Joined
12/29/2006
Location
Kawartha Lakes, ON, CA
Fantasy
4/19/2009 12:02pm
Yeah, but it's hard to win races when you're as sick as he obviously is.
Hank_Thrill
Posts
4662
Joined
9/22/2008
Location
Arlen, TX, USA
4/19/2009 12:04pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 11:28pm
I knew something had to be wrong with him Sad

Did anyone see my posts last night? I was speculating maybe he crashed over the break... I knew something was wrong, because Chad Reed NEVER struggles as much as he did yesterday, unless he is injured (or apparently sick).

Losing 15lbs in 2 weeks though is serious buisness!
catatonic
Posts
1575
Joined
3/20/2008
Location
Cape cod, MA, USA
4/19/2009 12:09pm
I knew something had to be wrong with him Did anyone see my posts last night? I was speculating maybe he crashed over the break... I...
I knew something had to be wrong with him Sad

Did anyone see my posts last night? I was speculating maybe he crashed over the break... I knew something was wrong, because Chad Reed NEVER struggles as much as he did yesterday, unless he is injured (or apparently sick).

Losing 15lbs in 2 weeks though is serious buisness!
I dont think it looked like he struggled that much......After the bad start/crash he looked like he was riding ok.
I think the sandy track and lack of traction took away some of the the advantage for late breakers and early gassers.
kevin204
Posts
4175
Joined
12/29/2006
Location
Kawartha Lakes, ON, CA
Fantasy
4/19/2009 12:12pm
I knew something had to be wrong with him Did anyone see my posts last night? I was speculating maybe he crashed over the break... I...
I knew something had to be wrong with him Sad

Did anyone see my posts last night? I was speculating maybe he crashed over the break... I knew something was wrong, because Chad Reed NEVER struggles as much as he did yesterday, unless he is injured (or apparently sick).

Losing 15lbs in 2 weeks though is serious buisness!
catatonic wrote:
I dont think it looked like he struggled that much......After the bad start/crash he looked like he was riding ok. I think the sandy track and...
I dont think it looked like he struggled that much......After the bad start/crash he looked like he was riding ok.
I think the sandy track and lack of traction took away some of the the advantage for late breakers and early gassers.
Yeah, but he was also 2.2 seconds off Stewart in practice. That never happens. Hell, Anaheim 2 was one of the toughest tracks to pass on ever, yet he made it from last to 2nd.
Yamaha336
Posts
1219
Joined
5/2/2008
Location
Woodstock, IL, USA
4/19/2009 12:14pm
It's funny throughout Reeds career here in the states he always throws the I was sick card out when he gets his ass handed to him. Always has an excuse. Always!!! You don't throw down the second fastest lap time when you are sick, low on energy and have had a stomach virus. Sorry, that just doesn't happen.
catatonic
Posts
1575
Joined
3/20/2008
Location
Cape cod, MA, USA
4/19/2009 12:14pm
I knew something had to be wrong with him Did anyone see my posts last night? I was speculating maybe he crashed over the break... I...
I knew something had to be wrong with him Sad

Did anyone see my posts last night? I was speculating maybe he crashed over the break... I knew something was wrong, because Chad Reed NEVER struggles as much as he did yesterday, unless he is injured (or apparently sick).

Losing 15lbs in 2 weeks though is serious buisness!
catatonic wrote:
I dont think it looked like he struggled that much......After the bad start/crash he looked like he was riding ok. I think the sandy track and...
I dont think it looked like he struggled that much......After the bad start/crash he looked like he was riding ok.
I think the sandy track and lack of traction took away some of the the advantage for late breakers and early gassers.
kevin204 wrote:
Yeah, but he was also 2.2 seconds off Stewart in practice. That never happens. Hell, Anaheim 2 was one of the toughest tracks to pass on...
Yeah, but he was also 2.2 seconds off Stewart in practice. That never happens. Hell, Anaheim 2 was one of the toughest tracks to pass on ever, yet he made it from last to 2nd.
Im not arguing he was off the pace......I just expected it to look more obvious why. He looked like he was trying.
kevin204
Posts
4175
Joined
12/29/2006
Location
Kawartha Lakes, ON, CA
Fantasy
4/19/2009 12:15pm
Yamaha336 wrote:
It's funny throughout Reeds career here in the states he always throws the I was sick card out when he gets his ass handed to him...
It's funny throughout Reeds career here in the states he always throws the I was sick card out when he gets his ass handed to him. Always has an excuse. Always!!! You don't throw down the second fastest lap time when you are sick, low on energy and have had a stomach virus. Sorry, that just doesn't happen.
Good thing he didn't then, huh? Dumbass.
kevin204
Posts
4175
Joined
12/29/2006
Location
Kawartha Lakes, ON, CA
Fantasy
4/19/2009 12:15pm
catatonic wrote:
I dont think it looked like he struggled that much......After the bad start/crash he looked like he was riding ok. I think the sandy track and...
I dont think it looked like he struggled that much......After the bad start/crash he looked like he was riding ok.
I think the sandy track and lack of traction took away some of the the advantage for late breakers and early gassers.
kevin204 wrote:
Yeah, but he was also 2.2 seconds off Stewart in practice. That never happens. Hell, Anaheim 2 was one of the toughest tracks to pass on...
Yeah, but he was also 2.2 seconds off Stewart in practice. That never happens. Hell, Anaheim 2 was one of the toughest tracks to pass on ever, yet he made it from last to 2nd.
catatonic wrote:
Im not arguing he was off the pace......I just expected it to look more obvious why. He looked like he was trying.
Well obviously he's gonna try, he is going for a fuckin championship!
rubarb
Posts
2042
Joined
6/12/2007
Location
byda beech, CA, USA
4/19/2009 12:15pm
Cygnus wrote:
How dare they run a race series during cold and flu season.
I know right, sounds like they need to receive sensitivity training.
MXR
Posts
3780
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
City, WA, USA
4/19/2009 12:16pm
Chad did not look strong at all last night from the first practice on . It makes sense now . Chad always rides well on difficult tracks , so it was obvious something was wrong .
Hank_Thrill
Posts
4662
Joined
9/22/2008
Location
Arlen, TX, USA
4/19/2009 12:21pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 11:28pm
Chad never made an excuse. Miss Bates did...


Anyways, I know a lot of Stewart fans have a bias towards Stewart, and so you're seeing it as Chad making excuses, when in reality he has not made any... But seriously, when does the guy ever do this bad? When he's riding hurt (last year comes to mind after the endo during practice).

I'm not saying he could have won last night had he been healthy, I'm just saying he sure as shit wouldn't have finished 8th!

The fact is, Chad Reed's range of performance when he is healthy goes something like this: If he has a terrible night, he gets 3rd. If he has a great night, he gets 1st. Anything other than that, there is usually something wrong with him. His podium record speaks for itself.
catatonic
Posts
1575
Joined
3/20/2008
Location
Cape cod, MA, USA
4/19/2009 12:23pm
kevin204 wrote:
Yeah, but he was also 2.2 seconds off Stewart in practice. That never happens. Hell, Anaheim 2 was one of the toughest tracks to pass on...
Yeah, but he was also 2.2 seconds off Stewart in practice. That never happens. Hell, Anaheim 2 was one of the toughest tracks to pass on ever, yet he made it from last to 2nd.
catatonic wrote:
Im not arguing he was off the pace......I just expected it to look more obvious why. He looked like he was trying.
kevin204 wrote:
Well obviously he's gonna try, he is going for a fuckin championship!
My point was......he looked like he was riding better than the lap times actually showed.
STFU
race
Posts
3480
Joined
8/26/2006
Location
USA
4/19/2009 12:24pm
Yamaha336 wrote:
It's funny throughout Reeds career here in the states he always throws the I was sick card out when he gets his ass handed to him...
It's funny throughout Reeds career here in the states he always throws the I was sick card out when he gets his ass handed to him. Always has an excuse. Always!!! You don't throw down the second fastest lap time when you are sick, low on energy and have had a stomach virus. Sorry, that just doesn't happen.
Congrats ... you just won the ignorant tool contest.

Take a bow.

DSteg222
Posts
1109
Joined
7/13/2008
Location
Claremont, CA, USA
4/19/2009 12:29pm
i love it. since st. louis even. lmfao. it wouldnt come out untill he has such a bad night. had be took 1st or 2nd, we...
i love it. since st. louis even. lmfao. it wouldnt come out untill he has such a bad night. had be took 1st or 2nd, we wouldnt of heard about it.
Please go read jmars thread then figure out which group of people you are in.

When ERIN was asked about Chad during the race she brought up that BEFORE the race she asked him about his health because something was wrong with his appearence to her. So, to someone who hangs around these guys a ton easily saw that Chad did not look right.

Lets compare both riders moving through the pack. Bubba moved from 12th or 13th to 2nd. Chad moved from 19th or 20th to 7th. Both of them passed 11 or 12 riders on what appeared on TV to be a very tough track. Great rides by both and a Congrats to RV for coming back from illness and putting together a great ride.

Did anyone else notice how Milsaps just gave Bubba the inside for the pass without much of a fight. Wonder if he knew Bubba was going to get around him after making up the ground on him and he wanted to make sure he didnt go down to salvage a podium. DM seemed to fighting him off for a lap or two and then just seemed to give it up rather easily, because he could have stayed on the inside line and continued to make JS work more to get around him (as inevitable as it probably was). Just wonder if having JS behind you for a while just works on you and makes ya think that way.
Lightning78
Posts
6353
Joined
12/12/2007
Location
Huntington Beach, CA, USA
4/19/2009 12:45pm
Wait so the dude can come back from the hospital ripping out IV's and coughing up blood and get second last year and gets defeated by a lil stomach virus? I thought he was tougher than that.

Disclaimer: Before I get ripped to shreds for that comment please note that was sarcasm
bullpen58
Posts
4399
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Fresno, CA, USA
4/19/2009 12:52pm
Wait so the dude can come back from the hospital ripping out IV's and coughing up blood and get second last year and gets defeated by...
Wait so the dude can come back from the hospital ripping out IV's and coughing up blood and get second last year and gets defeated by a lil stomach virus? I thought he was tougher than that.

Disclaimer: Before I get ripped to shreds for that comment please note that was sarcasm
Sarcasm or not, that's exactly what I was thinking.

Could it be that Reed is depressed? Having someone play mind games with you for lap after lap and then, when he finally chooses to pass you does so with AUTHORITY will do that to a person. It can take the will to win right out of you.

I'm sure people will come to his defense over this comment because being depressed is considered "weak minded". No way on Earth that could be the case. MUST be a stomach virus.
Lightning78
Posts
6353
Joined
12/12/2007
Location
Huntington Beach, CA, USA
4/19/2009 12:55pm
Yea I was going to post without the disclaimer but some can't take a lil sarcasm without putting it right under their noses. He just wasn't on last night
race
Posts
3480
Joined
8/26/2006
Location
USA
4/19/2009 12:56pm
bullpen58 wrote:
Sarcasm or not, that's exactly what I was thinking. Could it be that Reed is depressed? Having someone play mind games with you for lap after...
Sarcasm or not, that's exactly what I was thinking.

Could it be that Reed is depressed? Having someone play mind games with you for lap after lap and then, when he finally chooses to pass you does so with AUTHORITY will do that to a person. It can take the will to win right out of you.

I'm sure people will come to his defense over this comment because being depressed is considered "weak minded". No way on Earth that could be the case. MUST be a stomach virus.
Weak minded is more like someone who doesn't know WTF they're talking about.

But post it anyway.

GuyB
Posts
35722
Joined
7/10/2006
Location
Aliso Viejo, CA, USA
4/19/2009 1:03pm
Chad definitely didn't ride like Chad last night. I didn't ask about his health status, but hearing that doesn't surprise me.
bullpen58
Posts
4399
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Fresno, CA, USA
4/19/2009 1:03pm
race wrote:
Weak minded is more like someone who doesn't know WTF they're talking about.

But post it anyway.

Why are you here? Think about it.
jbomx363
Posts
2008
Joined
9/4/2007
Location
Denham Springs, LA, USA
4/19/2009 1:06pm
I believe it could be Chad succumbing to the pressure of it all. His bad start and the realization that his strategy just may have backfired probably added to it all.

Post a reply to: REED SICK!!

The Latest