Pro Circuit Kawasaki

kiwifan
11/16/2020 10:59pm
Anyone want to try to explain how once was the most sought after and prime team fell from grace? I remember back in the 2010s where...
Anyone want to try to explain how once was the most sought after and prime team fell from grace?
I remember back in the 2010s where PC Kawis were going 1,2,3 every motocross and supercross race like Star Racing Yamaha (and the defunct Geico Honda Team) are today.
Now it seems like if you want to win a championship you need to be on a Star Racing Machine.

Anyone have any ideas/opinions why this is? Is it because they don't have the cash to hire champion racers? Is the 250 Kawi engine not as competitive as it once was? Is it leadership? Is it the program?
UpTiTe wrote:
I’ll say the biggest reason for this mythical fall has been bad decision by riders that have cost Mitch 3 supercross titles in the past two...
I’ll say the biggest reason for this mythical fall has been bad decision by riders that have cost Mitch 3 supercross titles in the past two years.

The second biggest reason is a reversed cylinder design that literally shoves air down the throat of a monster efi system.
For those of you who don’t understand the naturally aspirated engine, the more air the better.
Spot on reply imho

Be interesting to see what the brands do in 2022 for the 250's that YZF design works a treat. We know the CRF250R will have the changes the 450 had in 2021 (the 450 has a monster airbox) so expect a lot more air there which will help that brand
Taddy
Fantasy
4138th
11/17/2020 1:20am
mx216 wrote:
And even before then you can add
Pichon
Gaddis
Antunez
Ramsey
Brown
Bentley
Hughes

Can't forget:
Swink
Lamson
Buehl
mx216 wrote:
Theres just too many!!
Townley
Gosselaar
Metcalf
Rattrey
11/18/2020 3:03am
visser62 wrote:
I feel like the difference between bikes is apparent, but not in terms of the championship. If Ferrandis wins, or AC wins, it's because he's the...
I feel like the difference between bikes is apparent, but not in terms of the championship. If Ferrandis wins, or AC wins, it's because he's the best guy. Where you can see Star has the better bike is in that all of their guys start up front and many of them finish up there. But when it comes to winning it still comes down to the best guy.
Yeah but what if there are 2 best guys with the same speed except one has a faster bike?
EngIceDave
11/18/2020 4:53am
Motofinne wrote:
And Mitch used to bring over good riders from the GPs. Tonus failed but that was mainly because of him being sick and injured, lets not...
And Mitch used to bring over good riders from the GPs. Tonus failed but that was mainly because of him being sick and injured, lets not forget that he qualified 3rd in his first ever 250 SX. So Mitch was unlucky there.

But like others have said, he missed out on Ferrandis even though Ferrandis was a Kawasaki rider and said publicly he wanted to race for Mitch. Then you could've argued that he also missed out on the Lawrence brothers.

When the internal market for good amateurs gets more difficult and you also miss out on the talent outside of your market, you will eventually end up with a lesser team.
I first met Marvin Musquin at the Moscow (RU) Supercross.
He was 15 or 16 years old and he was with Mathilda then as well BTW

I asked him, through her, about coming to America, I was telling him he should come to America, and he said that he wanted to and wanted to race for PC

He was racing Kawi's for Bud at the time

Most all of the young top French guys want to ride for Bud then want to come to USA and race on PC

The Shop

11/21/2020 5:53am
I think Pro Circuit will have a much more competitive bike this year, could probably rival the star bikes in horsepower this year.

Post a reply to: Pro Circuit Kawasaki

The Latest