Porting knowledge

Edited Date/Time 11/4/2014 5:36am
Does anyone know the basic knowledge of what to do to the transfer ports to change the power curve I tried to look it up and got nothing any help Thanks danny
|
stillwelding
10/28/2014 4:01pm
Does anyone know the basic knowledge of what to do to the transfer ports to change the power curve I tried to look it up and...
Does anyone know the basic knowledge of what to do to the transfer ports to change the power curve I tried to look it up and got nothing any help Thanks danny
PDF file of "Gordon Jennings 2 stroke tuners handbook".

http://www.amrca.com/tech/tuners.pdf
10/28/2014 4:08pm
Does anyone know the basic knowledge of what to do to the transfer ports to change the power curve I tried to look it up and...

wow thanks
stillwelding
10/28/2014 4:10pm

wow thanks
You can read that thing for years. R.I.P. Gordon Jennings.

The Shop

lumpy790
10/29/2014 8:37am
lumpy790 wrote:
Eric Gorr
slipdog wrote:
Linky no worky, bro...
its was not a link....bro...

Seekers of knowledge need to find their own path to knowledge......or pay someone with said knowledge and ability.

porting tools $1000's
porting knowledge Priceless.
one oops .... cylinder becomes a door stop.

It is usually cheaper to pay a professional.
Jakes Dad
10/29/2014 8:47am Edited Date/Time 10/29/2014 8:48am
lumpy790 wrote:
Eric Gorr
slipdog wrote:
Linky no worky, bro...
lumpy790 wrote:
its was not a link....bro... Seekers of knowledge need to find their own path to knowledge......or pay someone with said knowledge and ability. porting tools $1000's...

Seekers of knowledge need to find their own path to knowledge......or pay someone with said knowledge and ability.

porting tools $1000's

RMT
10/29/2014 8:53am Edited Date/Time 10/29/2014 8:55am
lumpy790 wrote:
its was not a link....bro... Seekers of knowledge need to find their own path to knowledge......or pay someone with said knowledge and ability. porting tools $1000's...

porting tools $1000's

Or you could have just posted the link and saved us all the sermon. Wink

http://www.eric-gorr.com
O___o
10/29/2014 9:10am
lumpy790 wrote:
Eric Gorr
slipdog wrote:
Linky no worky, bro...
lumpy790 wrote:

porting tools $1000's

yea, absolutely, then you can get your cylinder back that was done by one of his "lackeys", looks like shit, and has the powervalve re-installed incorrectly, that you waited on for 2 months for. but hey, he can't blame millenium for the wait times anymore.
10/29/2014 9:15am
slipdog wrote:
Linky no worky, bro...
lumpy790 wrote:

porting tools $1000's

O___o wrote:
yea, absolutely, then you can get your cylinder back that was done by one of his "lackeys", looks like shit, and has the powervalve re-installed incorrectly...
yea, absolutely, then you can get your cylinder back that was done by one of his "lackeys", looks like shit, and has the powervalve re-installed incorrectly, that you waited on for 2 months for. but hey, he can't blame millenium for the wait times anymore.
? what do you mean Ive always heard millenium was good did you have a problem with them do tell
O___o
10/29/2014 9:18am
lumpy790 wrote:

porting tools $1000's

O___o wrote:
yea, absolutely, then you can get your cylinder back that was done by one of his "lackeys", looks like shit, and has the powervalve re-installed incorrectly...
? what do you mean Ive always heard millenium was good did you have a problem with them do tell
in the old days, Eric Gorr did his own work through his own comapny called Forward Motion. While his knowledge is amazing, his business practices weren't. this is usually the case with craftsman/tradesman. Either you're a craftsman or you're a businessman but rarely are you both.

now, he's in-house with millenium (whom he used to outsource his plating to) and is able to keep a better return timeframe.
10/29/2014 9:20am
O___o wrote:
O___o wrote:
in the old days, Eric Gorr did his own work through his own comapny called Forward Motion. While his knowledge is amazing, his business practices weren't...
in the old days, Eric Gorr did his own work through his own comapny called Forward Motion. While his knowledge is amazing, his business practices weren't. this is usually the case with craftsman/tradesman. Either you're a craftsman or you're a businessman but rarely are you both.

now, he's in-house with millenium (whom he used to outsource his plating to) and is able to keep a better return timeframe.
So when you work is sent to forward motion eric gorr doesent do the work and the wait times are terrible
O___o
10/29/2014 9:24am
O___o wrote:
in the old days, Eric Gorr did his own work through his own comapny called Forward Motion. While his knowledge is amazing, his business practices weren't...

So when you work is sent to forward motion eric gorr doesent do the work and the wait times are terrible
They sure used to be.
Suns_PSD
10/29/2014 12:47pm
Move the cylinder down to move powerband lower, and raise the cylinder to move the powerband higher. Set Power valve, squish and compression correctly based on your new locations. The ideal port shape for good air flow is mostly it regardless of where that port height ends up.
Lowering the cylinder .005" is notable. Lowering it .02" completely changes the power and.
10/29/2014 6:02pm
oshow wrote:
Pro Circuit
No thanks I dont throw money at people anyone will do the work for the cost they charge.
bsharkey
10/29/2014 6:31pm
there plenty of places that do good work out there
Joko
Fantasy
190th
10/29/2014 6:56pm
PR2, HP bikes
hillbilly
10/29/2014 7:33pm
I learned myself by trial and error on cylinders before coatings.

The best thing you can do for the buck is raise compression by cutting the head and running a high octane fuel.
bsharkey
10/29/2014 7:46pm
bsharkey wrote:
there plenty of places that do good work out there
Have you heard of kenoconnor racing
nope but pr2 or jms for yamahas do well. Th racing is good too. forgot tomacs old engine buiilders name when he was on suzukis. we have a local guy who was a mechanic at subway Honda back in the day who is awesome.
Cygnus
10/29/2014 7:56pm Edited Date/Time 10/29/2014 7:57pm
hillbilly wrote:
I learned myself by trial and error on cylinders before coatings. The best thing you can do for the buck is raise compression by cutting the...
I learned myself by trial and error on cylinders before coatings.

The best thing you can do for the buck is raise compression by cutting the head and running a high octane fuel.
Yea me too. For 2 Strokes Just a nice match port /clean up and polish the ex. Compression/proper squish is king even more so at altitude.
oshow
10/29/2014 8:13pm
oshow wrote:
Pro Circuit
No thanks I dont throw money at people anyone will do the work for the cost they charge.
The Best
Katoomey
10/29/2014 8:21pm
lumpy790 wrote:
Eric Gorr
slipdog wrote:
Linky no worky, bro...
lumpy790 wrote:

porting tools $1000's

it's not magic. and it isn't science. it's just trial and error. you don't know where the line is until you find it.

...and you can have a nice porting set for $350
Cygnus
10/29/2014 8:22pm
slipdog wrote:
Linky no worky, bro...
lumpy790 wrote:

porting tools $1000's

Katoomey wrote:
it's not magic. and it isn't science. it's just trial and error. you don't know where the line is until you find it. ...and you can...
it's not magic. and it isn't science. it's just trial and error. you don't know where the line is until you find it.

...and you can have a nice porting set for $350
It no big deal to add back some material either. You'd have to be a complete dumbass to make a door stop.

Post a reply to: Porting knowledge

The Latest