Pencil tracks?

731chopper
Posts
4236
Joined
1/2/2015
Location
DFW, TX, USA
Edited Date/Time 10/25/2015 2:56pm
I was going through some old photos and found a drawing of a pencil track that I had made. My best friend and I use to draw tracks during school and send them to each other to play "ride".

I know driving down the road and using your hand as a bike hitting hills in the distant background as jumps while saying "braaaaap" and building finger bike tracks in a sandbox are pretty universal things amongst us but what about the pencil track or whatever you want to call it? You guys ever do or still do this?

Heres the actual photo I found. Keep in mind this is probably 13-14 years old.
|
RCB33
Posts
855
Joined
6/22/2015
Location
Drexel, MO, USA
Fantasy
10/11/2015 5:50pm
I do it and I'm 13 so yeah,it is still done on occasion, especially when I'm considering a new track idea in real life,mine are not that well drawn though.
KirkChandler
Posts
1678
Joined
7/31/2015
Location
Oceanside, CA, USA
10/11/2015 6:07pm
I have tons of them from middle school/highschool. We didn't have cell phones back then to distract us.
motomike894
Posts
1576
Joined
9/6/2009
Location
Waterloo, IN, USA
10/11/2015 6:16pm
I'm 34 and still do it when I'm that bored at my desk and tired of looking at phone or computer lol
zehn
Posts
7900
Joined
1/15/2013
Location
Anchorage, AK, USA
10/11/2015 6:23pm
I draw like a goddamned 5 year old so I wouldn't even try

The Shop

10/11/2015 6:43pm
That track looks a freaking lot like what I used to draw in high school.
10/11/2015 6:53pm
That brings back memories of study hall. Passed that to one of my friends. And the teach made him stand up and read it.

He got up and was like brap brap braaaaap brap. I just died laughing. 14 years old was fun. Teacher had no idea and nobody else found it funny but us.
Zesiger 112
Posts
2391
Joined
3/4/2013
Location
Galveston, TX, USA
10/11/2015 7:39pm
Use to do the same thing daily in class. Not so much any more. And I will dig in the sand while I'm outside with my dog, that to me is more enjoyable than drawing. Way to old to be doing this kind of stuff but hey





cwtoyota
Posts
2416
Joined
3/11/2013
Location
Tacoma, WA, USA
10/11/2015 7:57pm
I used to do that all the time when I was a kid and a couple friends did too.

I was at my buddy's wedding this summer, while sitting at the dinner, another friend's son was drawing up a rhythm section with simple straight lines on his notebook.

He showed it to me and I asked him where the rest of the track was. After about 15 minutes I had him drawing full tracks with whoops, berms, jumps and shading, etc.


Zesiger, that's a pretty decent looking little track.
tmx860
Posts
688
Joined
3/19/2014
Location
USA
10/11/2015 8:18pm
I drew a track for an art project in 7th grade. I still build tracks in the sand whenever i'm at the beach
731chopper
Posts
4236
Joined
1/2/2015
Location
DFW, TX, USA
10/11/2015 8:25pm
I had a feeling I wasn't alone on this.

Zesiger, you're never too old to have fun! Nice tracks! A friend and I use to have a killer finger bike track. We built a sandbox and put it on top of a table, had a six lane supercross track, spray water bottle and toy skid steer to prep the track. I've been thinking about building one to put in my backyard for my son. I still have a big collection of finger bikes.
KirkChandler
Posts
1678
Joined
7/31/2015
Location
Oceanside, CA, USA
10/11/2015 10:36pm
I dug out a couple of my 'notes' from highschool. Hahaha









KirkChandler
Posts
1678
Joined
7/31/2015
Location
Oceanside, CA, USA
10/11/2015 10:40pm
All that day dreaming led to something.


tk568
Posts
561
Joined
4/30/2011
Location
Ozark, MO, USA
10/11/2015 10:59pm
KirkChandler, thats rad!
731chopper
Posts
4236
Joined
1/2/2015
Location
DFW, TX, USA
10/12/2015 5:16am
Kirkchandler, those are killer!
Phillip_Lamb
Posts
2140
Joined
12/14/2010
Location
ORANGEVALE, CA, USA
10/12/2015 11:21am
i have a few. ill try to post later. typically it was more to redesign the local tracks.
10/21/2015 1:43am
By my older brother... Circa '95ish???


Rdubs19
Posts
767
Joined
4/16/2014
Location
Little Rock, AR, USA
10/21/2015 4:32am
I'm hella jealous of you guys that can draw. Bastards. I used to draw tracks up quite a bit as well, but I used the format that you see with the actual blueprints put out by dirt works. I never even thought about actually drawing one out like a normal picture.
Skuzzy29
Posts
865
Joined
7/28/2014
Location
Central CA, CA, USA
10/21/2015 7:29am Edited Date/Time 10/21/2015 7:30am
Scan didn't come out right...be right back...lol
731chopper
Posts
4236
Joined
1/2/2015
Location
DFW, TX, USA
10/21/2015 7:32am
Wow some of you guys can draw! That is a talent I wish I had.
grayson432
Posts
53
Joined
8/24/2011
Location
murrieta, CA, USA
10/21/2015 7:40am
my engineering notebook from high school is filled with supercross tracks. literally every page. more like blue prints though, its all done on graph paper
DC
Posts
3889
Joined
5/1/2009
Location
Morgantown, WV, USA
10/21/2015 7:45am Edited Date/Time 10/21/2015 10:33am
Man, some of these are fantastic -- especially EZZA's big brother's and how Kirk's actually turned out as a bonafide track! I wish I had kept some of the ones I put down on paper as a kid, let alone the hundreds I build in sand or dirt piles...

DC
MX Sports
Skuzzy29
Posts
865
Joined
7/28/2014
Location
Central CA, CA, USA
10/21/2015 7:45am
I did these when I was 15 (a long, long time ago). My daughter has gotten into drawing so I found these awhile back when I gave her one of my old drawing pads. I need to try and find more. I did both ATC's and Dirt Bikes. Don't think I ever did full tracks...I think it's all spot action.





DC
Posts
3889
Joined
5/1/2009
Location
Morgantown, WV, USA
10/21/2015 8:22am
The old Boston SX track design from the event press kit...

dak446
Posts
1052
Joined
3/28/2011
Location
Louisville, KY, USA
10/21/2015 8:28am
These are great. I'll have to drag mine out of some old sketch books
10/21/2015 9:43am
I have a sand box yhe kids don't play in, I still build tracks in that.
KirkChandler
Posts
1678
Joined
7/31/2015
Location
Oceanside, CA, USA
10/21/2015 2:18pm
DC wrote:
The old Boston SX track design from the event press kit...[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/10/21/108651/s1200_image.jpg[/img]
The old Boston SX track design from the event press kit...

The artist that drew this inspired me, I have a USGP poster from 1984 that he drew of Carlsbad Raceway, I remember as a kid just looking at it forever, I thought it was so cool, I always wanted to draw something similar.
hvaughn88
Posts
8361
Joined
6/19/2013
Location
Conway, AR, USA
10/21/2015 2:26pm
DC wrote:
The old Boston SX track design from the event press kit...[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/10/21/108651/s1200_image.jpg[/img]
The old Boston SX track design from the event press kit...

DC, what do you do with all this cool shit you have? Do you display it, have it boxes, what?
Thelen20
Posts
2065
Joined
11/28/2009
Location
Marshall, TX, USA
10/25/2015 2:56pm
This was our track at our house when I was growing up, I even tried to draw it to scale, I was probably 16 when I drew it.

Fast forward 14 years. . . I was helping my kid put away the toys at my parents house the other day and saw this in the back of the closet, thought of this thread . . . No where near as cool as the rest of you guys!

Post a reply to: Pencil tracks?

The Latest