Paulin Go Pro Lommel Moto 1 haul & the quad

PressPassP
Edited Date/Time 8/7/2014 1:24pm
|
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
8/5/2014 1:28pm
That's such a sick gopro. Similar to stews one earlier this year where he just goes past people with ease using some ridiculous line
zehn
8/5/2014 2:43pm
Yeah I saw that vid earlier. That quad is nuts. I was surprised that Paulin seemed to be going backwards for the first lap or so. I thought he was a top rider?
Olson
8/5/2014 3:58pm
zehn wrote:
Yeah I saw that vid earlier. That quad is nuts. I was surprised that Paulin seemed to be going backwards for the first lap or so...
Yeah I saw that vid earlier. That quad is nuts. I was surprised that Paulin seemed to be going backwards for the first lap or so. I thought he was a top rider?
He's been out with injury, just got back racing.

I've ridden at Lommel at the same time as Herlings, Cairoli, De Dyker and most of the GP field. Man did I ever feel so slow?

The Shop

PressPassP
8/5/2014 4:01pm
Yeah quite a few guys go by him,including Krestinov and Goncalves,but he just keeps calm,gets into his rythym and blows by,I guess Lommel lends to that,there are guys that are heaps faster than others
8/5/2014 4:17pm
You have to find a rhythm in sand like that or you wear yourself out quickly. He spent a few laps piecing the track together. As soon as he hit that quad it was go time for his push to the front. His intensity goes way up for the next lap or two.
jeffro503
8/5/2014 5:14pm
GP21 is such a badass! 2nd race back and he's nailing that quad in the timing section. God damn my arms hurt just watching him ride on that brutal track! Thanks for posting the vid!
rockyuno
8/5/2014 7:36pm
awesome footage!! top 3 gopro until now for 2014

lap 1 was like taking note of where the bumps were and then gas it. great ride for sure
8/5/2014 10:50pm
What Paulin did is the only right thing you can do on tracks like these, start easy and find your rythm. In the end he finished 2nd behind Cairoli, not so bad I guess.
But this quad was awesome. I'm just wondering: when was the first time he did this? There must have been some kinda moment when he thought, hey let's try this....
Jefro98
8/6/2014 12:36am
GP21 was not the only one who jumped that quad.
Shaun Simpson did it every lap too but somehow nobody seemed to notice.
It helped Simpson to get third overall.

Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
8/6/2014 2:23am
Holy fuck, I didn't realise it was that bad! That is just gnarly to keep riding like that!
PressPassP
8/6/2014 2:30am
zehn wrote:
Here's another video that gives some context on how far he was actually launching it: https://youtu.be/bltrhStItqI
Here's another video that gives some context on how far he was actually launching it:

https://youtu.be/bltrhStItqI
Actually did I see Nagl hit it just in front of Paulin? Yes on the right hand side early on
Olson
8/6/2014 3:07am
That's a lot of blood. Gnarly.
philG
8/6/2014 4:39am
Paulin also cleared the double on the back straight, which was actually a tabletop with a roller after it , only once , in qualifying .

And according to Steven Clarke's twitter , he said he hit it on the first lap of race 2 in EMX 250 , which most likely won him the title.. think he won by one point , or on countback ..
HenryA
8/6/2014 6:48am
Ugh, the expression on Van Horebeek's face says it's all.
Ardfarkl
8/6/2014 6:59am
I have been watching the GPs this season. If I had to become a fan of any rider I definitely like Paulin.
8/6/2014 7:12am Edited Date/Time 8/6/2014 7:13am
Ardfarkl wrote:
I have been watching the GPs this season. If I had to become a fan of any rider I definitely like Paulin.
he's got a really cool style hasnt he? i think if he could go a full season without any injuries he could possibly give cairoli a run for the championship. Really naturally talented rider- i would like to see him go to america full time with him being a good supercross rider aswel. I think he would do very well

van hoerbeek carrying on riding with that injury and blood streaming down his face- on the roughest / most difficult track in the world = badass! he deserves 2nd in the championship after that effort
h&m_cycle
8/6/2014 7:21am
who is that flying past Paulin @ the end, guy was haulin....
Jefro98
8/6/2014 7:23am Edited Date/Time 8/6/2014 7:26am
philG wrote:
Paulin also cleared the double on the back straight, which was actually a tabletop with a roller after it , only once , in qualifying...
Paulin also cleared the double on the back straight, which was actually a tabletop with a roller after it , only once , in qualifying .

And according to Steven Clarke's twitter , he said he hit it on the first lap of race 2 in EMX 250 , which most likely won him the title.. think he won by one point , or on countback ..
Brian Bogers and Steven Clarke are tied in points but Clarke got the EMX250 championship because he has a two moto wins and Bogers has only one moto win.

If the decision was counted by overall class wins it would have been Brian Bogers though.
Bogers won the last 3 event overalls, while Clarke won no overall at all.
How weird is that rule?? Blink
rockyuno
8/6/2014 7:43am
Jefro98 wrote:
GP21 was not the only one who jumped that quad. Shaun Simpson did it every lap too but somehow nobody seemed to notice. It helped Simpson...

Simpson did it after Paulin. Maybe he saw Paulin could do it, because if he saw JVH trying it, he wouldn't even thought about it Laughing
8/6/2014 9:21am
Jefro98 wrote:
GP21 was not the only one who jumped that quad. Shaun Simpson did it every lap too but somehow nobody seemed to notice. It helped Simpson...

SS24 is very quickly becoming the darling of British motocross. And VERY much deserved too.

No fucking about, no acting a prima donna like others! just good old fashioned British HARD WORK. Go on lad!!!
jeffro503
8/6/2014 9:23am
What actually happened to JVH89.......why was he bleeding so bad? I mean....what got cut? Broken nose? What a badass!
philG
8/6/2014 9:41am
philG wrote:
Paulin also cleared the double on the back straight, which was actually a tabletop with a roller after it , only once , in qualifying...

Jefro98 wrote:
Brian Bogers and Steven Clarke are tied in points but Clarke got the EMX250 championship because he has a two moto wins and Bogers has only...
Brian Bogers and Steven Clarke are tied in points but Clarke got the EMX250 championship because he has a two moto wins and Bogers has only one moto win.

If the decision was counted by overall class wins it would have been Brian Bogers though.
Bogers won the last 3 event overalls, while Clarke won no overall at all.
How weird is that rule?? Blink
i guess that in the event of a tie , it goes with the guy that had the best race result.... as up and down as EMX 250 is , you could win the title by finishing 4th in every moto, and never pulling the pin..

Be be honest, for Clarke to pull that off in the sand was immense, its a shame he cant do MX2..

... and it was nice to say hi at the weekend, we chatted about Namur, trackside with Paul Golding , was just about to say hi when he rocked up , evryone knows the MX1 drinking team LOL..
jamma10
8/6/2014 10:09am Edited Date/Time 8/6/2014 10:09am
jeffro503 wrote:
What actually happened to JVH89.......why was he bleeding so bad? I mean....what got cut? Broken nose? What a badass!
Smashed his face on the bars attempting the same quad and split his eyebrow open.
Jefro98
8/6/2014 10:34am
philG wrote:
i guess that in the event of a tie , it goes with the guy that had the best race result.... as up and down as...
i guess that in the event of a tie , it goes with the guy that had the best race result.... as up and down as EMX 250 is , you could win the title by finishing 4th in every moto, and never pulling the pin..

Be be honest, for Clarke to pull that off in the sand was immense, its a shame he cant do MX2..

... and it was nice to say hi at the weekend, we chatted about Namur, trackside with Paul Golding , was just about to say hi when he rocked up , evryone knows the MX1 drinking team LOL..
Yeah agree. Clarke did a great job at Lommel. He went for it and got the job done. Kudos to him.

Nice to have met you Phil. Next time you see me again give a shout and we'll chat some more.
Paul is a legend yes. The Dutch part of the MX1 drinking team are all my old racing budies so me and Bulmer always end up with the team in the beertent on Sat.nights at the races. Good fun.
shuggs
8/6/2014 1:01pm
SS24 is very quickly becoming the darling of British motocross. And VERY much deserved too. No fucking about, no acting a prima donna like others! just...
SS24 is very quickly becoming the darling of British motocross. And VERY much deserved too.

No fucking about, no acting a prima donna like others! just good old fashioned British HARD WORK. Go on lad!!!
You think, to me it seems like he has got to put in twice the effort/ results than Searle to get ANY kind of recognition which is hard to understand.

I mean so far this season we have had all the hype about Searle coming back from injury and getting pumped up to be the next world champ and then boom out with another injury yet no bad press.

Yet after last years MXDN Shaun was getting stick for not being good enough - WTF Angry Now this year he is in top 5 in world standings, looks like new brittish champ but its like ok well done son now fek aff. Bet if Searle had been in the same position it would be mega hyped up.
philG
8/6/2014 2:21pm
Jefro98 wrote:
Yeah agree. Clarke did a great job at Lommel. He went for it and got the job done. Kudos to him. Nice to have met you...
Yeah agree. Clarke did a great job at Lommel. He went for it and got the job done. Kudos to him.

Nice to have met you Phil. Next time you see me again give a shout and we'll chat some more.
Paul is a legend yes. The Dutch part of the MX1 drinking team are all my old racing budies so me and Bulmer always end up with the team in the beertent on Sat.nights at the races. Good fun.
i guess that will be Valkenswaard then , unless you are hitting Le Touquet or Mettet Superbiker..

Post a reply to: Paulin Go Pro Lommel Moto 1 haul & the quad

The Latest