Oemcycle.com experience

Derick5
2/6/2015 3:32pm Edited Date/Time 2/6/2016 2:43am
Well after reading countless reviews on OEMcycle.com I decided to order some common parts from them, just to try them out. I ordered bearings and some other misc stuff. I ordered my stuff on Tuesday and was approved within 20 mintutes. The site says "May take 1-2 days to ship" when the items were placed In the cart unless it says otherwise. Now on Friday my package finally shipped. Not too happy. Plus my estimated delivery date was the 9th, now it's the 13th. I paid the extra 3 bucks for standard shipping, which is 1-5 business days. I'm not upset about the delivery date. I'm upset that my order was "processing" for 4 days then finally ships. That's double the time that they said. Great prices on the site, but will never order again because it took 4 days to finally ship some common parts that any shop would carry. Don't mean to be a debby downer but I should of paid the extra 20 bucks and bought my parts from Rockymountain...
|
SEE ARE125
2/6/2015 3:40pm Edited Date/Time 2/6/2015 3:44pm
Never heard of them, sucks you had a bad experience. Remember this when shopping for pretty much anything:

Fast, Good, and Cheap.

You can pick any two.
rcannon
2/6/2015 6:04pm
I've always gone to Babbits for oem parts. The reason being is how they treated me when I ordered some large fairing pieces for my Ninja 1000..

Obviously, the shipping was pretty high as the pieces were oversize. I ordered them. The final bill was 34.00 less than quoted. Inside was a noet that said, "We shipped them for less, hope you are ok with that."

Their prices are always good. I dont know if they are the lowest, but plenty good enough.
2/6/2015 8:18pm
Hey Derrick, let us know what day you receive your order. One of your items ordered stated prior to checkout, ships in 2-3 business days. That item had to be pulled from another east coast warehouse. Order in the middle of a Tuesday, so Wed, Thurs, ships on Fri, 3 business days. I would be curious to know what day your packaged gets delivered on. The shipping provider provides an estimate, but I wouldn't expect a package to take that long to get from TN to NY. If you have any questions or you don't believe your order was shipped out or delivered within the estimated times, call and it will be made right. Also, when you are in a hurry, never hesitate to call and place a phone order. Love to talk to people and keep them up to date on their orders. We have a 99% feedback rating on over 600,000 eBay sales, not to mention 10 years of website sales, so I can assure you we put the customer experience first.
pete24
2/6/2015 10:31pm
if this is the same OEM , cycle that sells used paaaats on ebay i can tell you i have bought tons of stuff from them and always got good stuff for a good price and great shipping

The Shop

The Rock
2/7/2015 12:50am
MANNERS226 wrote:
Hey Derrick, let us know what day you receive your order. One of your items ordered stated prior to checkout, ships in 2-3 business days. That...
Hey Derrick, let us know what day you receive your order. One of your items ordered stated prior to checkout, ships in 2-3 business days. That item had to be pulled from another east coast warehouse. Order in the middle of a Tuesday, so Wed, Thurs, ships on Fri, 3 business days. I would be curious to know what day your packaged gets delivered on. The shipping provider provides an estimate, but I wouldn't expect a package to take that long to get from TN to NY. If you have any questions or you don't believe your order was shipped out or delivered within the estimated times, call and it will be made right. Also, when you are in a hurry, never hesitate to call and place a phone order. Love to talk to people and keep them up to date on their orders. We have a 99% feedback rating on over 600,000 eBay sales, not to mention 10 years of website sales, so I can assure you we put the customer experience first.
Color me impressed. Excellent response.
2/7/2015 5:07am
Sounds like bike bandit, and hell most online parts "warehouses".

Even Partzilla drop ships. You order and if you're lucky they have that little 6mm bolt in their own small warehouse, but 90% of what I order for my 89 kx restoration ends up coming from Atlanta or the midwest. I live in Atlanta so you'd think I could just waltz in and pick it up local. Nope. It is shipped from Atlanta to Partzilla in south GA, then back to me in Atlanta.

Never trust any "availability" from these drop shippers, they don't know with certainty what they have and they don't care if their web listings are out of date - it just brings more business to them leaving NLA parts as available on their websites.

The one site I trust as far as availability goes is cmsl.
2/7/2015 5:10am
I got burned by BIke Bandit in ordering a part for my old 87 RM250 resto and paying for overnight shipping. Fuckers finally got it to me in 4 days. They overnighted it alright but only after the warehouse sent it to them via standard post. I was so pissed.
2/7/2015 5:46am
Even before Manners' reply, I didn't see the problem. Says they'll ship in 1-2 days, ship 3 days after you place your order. Not worth blackmailing for to me...
Derick5
2/7/2015 5:53am
Not blackmailing. Just how does my order stay in processing for 4 days then ship? That's what I'm disappointed in. I'd recommend people to shop from them because of the great prices just not if you need parts fast. Great customer service from what I've heard, and even an employee/owner commented on the forum to make it right. Just not worth the pain and hassle to call and explain myself when all the parts in the cart stated "May take 1-2 business days." I'll have to find the picture because I screenshot everything before i order from anywhere.

Not meaning to bash the company because I'm not the most important person in the world, but more of disappointment.
I expected a little bit more from them but I'm used to shopping from rockymountain to where stuff is shipped within 1 day (if it's not oem parts.)
Derick5
2/7/2015 5:57am
And even if 1 item was "2-3 days expected to ship" that shouldn't hold the entire order up. Everytime should ship in the promised time frame, then the other item should ship separately. My 2 cents, because my family owns a business. The customer is always right and you must always follow that policy unless otherwise. When we ship things that are promised to leave in 1-2 days and if it's a day over, we automatically upgrade their shipping for free because we failed to fulfill our promise to the customer. Very rarely does that occur, but it happens to every business.
newmann
2/7/2015 5:59am
"Common parts that any shop would carry"

You must have some really good shops in your area because there is no such thing where I am at. Sounds like OEM did pretty good.
Derick5
2/7/2015 6:03am
newmann wrote:
"Common parts that any shop would carry" You must have some really good shops in your area because there is no such thing where I am...

You must have some really good shops in your area because there is no such thing where I am at. Sounds like OEM did pretty good.
In my area there is 4 shops in a 50 mile radius. Problem with getting parts from a local dealer is that they can overcharge for parts and not think twice about it. I always order online unless I need a part ASAP, then I go and buy the item from the shop.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
927th
2/7/2015 6:27am
newmann wrote:
"Common parts that any shop would carry" You must have some really good shops in your area because there is no such thing where I am...

Derick5 wrote:
In my area there is 4 shops in a 50 mile radius. Problem with getting parts from a local dealer is that they can overcharge for...
In my area there is 4 shops in a 50 mile radius. Problem with getting parts from a local dealer is that they can overcharge for parts and not think twice about it. I always order online unless I need a part ASAP, then I go and buy the item from the shop.
sometimes when things seem "over priced" they are very fair. a bolt that costs $3 which otherwise may cost $.35 at a fastener shop where you have to buy a box of 100pcs. The local shop spends 10s of thousands of $$s to have parts in stock that may or may not sell, they in addition pay people to talk and help and answer questions. Yes online is definitely cheaper but online has a lot less support expense. Not talking about the big super centers but all the 1-2 brand dealerships that I know, their owners are hardly rich.
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
3920th
2/7/2015 6:31am
You should've messaged or called them so they could have a chance to make it right or at least explain before coming here to rant. It's sounds to me like You didnt understand their shipping policy or anybodies for that matter on oem parts. Even the big stores say 5-7 days extra for oem parts, RMATVMC included. Most places do not stock oem parts, so they always take a little longer. Most people that order parts already know this though. if you needed it that fast, sounds like you should've gone to the local shop. That's whay you'll pay a little more there & a little less online.
To the owner of oemcycles, you may have lost a customer today, but you just gained another. I'll be happy to take his place.
Bruce372
2/7/2015 6:31am
First world problems......
yak651
Fantasy
168th
2/7/2015 6:53am
newmann wrote:

Derick5 wrote:
In my area there is 4 shops in a 50 mile radius. Problem with getting parts from a local dealer is that they can overcharge for...
This is classic. The local dealer stocks the parts but they overcharge...how dare they try to get a return on investment for stocking those parts so you can pick them up anytime you want...
Derick5
2/7/2015 7:32am
newmann wrote:

Derick5 wrote:
yak651 wrote:
This is classic. The local dealer stocks the parts but they overcharge...how dare they try to get a return on investment for stocking those parts so...
This is classic. The local dealer stocks the parts but they overcharge...how dare they try to get a return on investment for stocking those parts so you can pick them up anytime you want...
Are you going to pay 32 bucks for a set of wheel bearings? Didn't think so. I obviously you have to make profit, but overcharging by 10+ dollars is crazy. Happens in my area.
Tracktor
2/7/2015 7:37am
You cant please everyone and the OP is just such an asshole. The customer isnt always right. Many times the customer is an entitled jackass. ......
SEE ARE125
2/7/2015 8:52am
So after doing some research, I see that you started this thread and the 5th post down you said "It's winter here, so parts don't need to be rushed to my door." After further investigation, I also found out who OEMcycle.com is, and they are not that far from me. Although I have never purchased anything from them, they do have a brick and mortar, and if I'm not mistaken they have been at that location for a while. It's a small shop, and I assume most of their sales come from online. I'm confident you'll get your parts.
CamP
2/7/2015 11:28am
Tracktor wrote:
You cant please everyone and the OP is just such an asshole. The customer isnt always right. Many times the customer is an entitled jackass. ......
^^^This
2/7/2015 12:26pm
We are always trying to improve. It's tough trying to compete with the big dogs!
njracer46
2/7/2015 12:52pm
I only have made one order through them but here's my story.

So I was riding at a local track on a Sunday when I had a crank bearing seize. This was the weekend before unadilla, we always go up for the pro weekend and race am day. We leave Thursday afternoon so that left me just a few days to fix it, and since I already signed up for classes I was dead set on racing. Stripped everything down and figured out everything I needed to buy. I found a complete crank off there eBay site for cheap but wanted to call to make the order. Called Tuesday morning, I had a crank, timing chain and gaskets overnighted to me. Got the package the next day and had a mad dash to put everything back together. Few hours later had the bike back together and loaded up the trailer. Had a goodnight sleep after that crazy week.
BBA
2/7/2015 2:46pm
MANNERS226 wrote:
We are always trying to improve. It's tough trying to compete with the big dogs!
I usually stay silent on this forum but since I saw this topic I decided to post since I deal with this comapny. OEM has always taken care of me and if there is a mess up in a part or shipping you always make it right. Thanks
2/7/2015 2:59pm
Derick5 wrote:
Not blackmailing. Just how does my order stay in processing for 4 days then ship? That's what I'm disappointed in. I'd recommend people to shop from...
Not blackmailing. Just how does my order stay in processing for 4 days then ship? That's what I'm disappointed in. I'd recommend people to shop from them because of the great prices just not if you need parts fast. Great customer service from what I've heard, and even an employee/owner commented on the forum to make it right. Just not worth the pain and hassle to call and explain myself when all the parts in the cart stated "May take 1-2 business days." I'll have to find the picture because I screenshot everything before i order from anywhere.

Not meaning to bash the company because I'm not the most important person in the world, but more of disappointment.
I expected a little bit more from them but I'm used to shopping from rockymountain to where stuff is shipped within 1 day (if it's not oem parts.)
Well if you can't even count to 4 your opinion isn't worth much...
IceMan446
2/7/2015 4:03pm
Derick5 wrote:
Start frequenting your local shop and you might find they will give you a great deal and be super helpful.

I wouldn't want a guy like you coming into my shop if I knew you would rather shop online than support the local shops.

Go shop online. And then come back online to complain about it.

Seems like thats how it should go.
tmauto769
Fantasy
1265th
2/7/2015 4:18pm
MANNERS226 wrote:
Hey Derrick, let us know what day you receive your order. One of your items ordered stated prior to checkout, ships in 2-3 business days. That...
The Rock wrote:
You should be, I rode with this dude today, he is genuine, in fact a couple of them. Great group of guys who actually ride, work on bikes, and know whats going on with mx.
roost251
2/7/2015 5:42pm
MANNERS226 wrote:
The Rock wrote:
tmauto769 wrote:
You should be, I rode with this dude today, he is genuine, in fact a couple of them. Great group of guys who actually ride, work...
You should be, I rode with this dude today, he is genuine, in fact a couple of them. Great group of guys who actually ride, work on bikes, and know whats going on with mx.
sweet. I have never ordered from them but I will check them out!!
yak651
Fantasy
168th
2/7/2015 6:59pm
The Rock wrote:
tmauto769 wrote:
You should be, I rode with this dude today, he is genuine, in fact a couple of them. Great group of guys who actually ride, work...
roost251 wrote:
This is great, OP comes in complains, most reasonable people see that he's being difficult. Now making me and others want to check out OEMCYCLE.COM for next parts order!
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
3920th
2/7/2015 7:06pm
tmauto769 wrote:
roost251 wrote:
yak651 wrote:
This is great, OP comes in complains, most reasonable people see that he's being difficult. Now making me and others want to check out OEMCYCLE.COM for...
This is great, OP comes in complains, most reasonable people see that he's being difficult. Now making me and others want to check out OEMCYCLE.COM for next parts order!
Bingo!! They picked up a few new customers.
bigborefan
2/7/2015 8:31pm
My local dealer has all four Japanese brands, BMW, and a few more oddball brands. I stock more parts and supplies than they do.

I went to a huge dealership downstate IL. I think the building is an old WalMart store. They must have 500 vehicles in stock. They are Kawasaki and KTM. I gave them the EBC part number for a KTM front brake pad, they just stared at me. After 10 minutes of looking up the KTM part number, the told me they could order it. And people wonder why RockyMTN ATV is as big as they are.

AJAX Kawaski in OKC, they do it right, or they did 10 years ago when I lived there. They had your high wear items in stock at decent prices.

My advice, if you race or ride a lot, have your high wear items in stock in your garage.

Post a reply to: Oemcycle.com experience

The Latest