Monster Energy teams up with John Force Racing

Starcrossed
Edited Date/Time 6/18/2015 9:10am
In the wake of the recent speculation about Monster's continued involvement with the Factory Kawasaki team, I thought this might be of some interest.http://autoweek.com/article/nhra/monster-energy-fuel-brittany-forces-nhra-top-fuel-ride
|
ss415
6/11/2015 12:08pm
anyone notice how many monster hats there were at the belmont stakes?
6/11/2015 12:11pm Edited Date/Time 6/11/2015 12:12pm
ss415 wrote:
anyone notice how many monster hats there were at the belmont stakes?
I saw that too. Espinoza(?) had Monster logos on his boots and was wearing Monster stuff every time he was on camera. All I think about when I see how big Monster is getting is Idiocracy.

'Brawndo has what plants crave. It has electrolytes.'
Camp332
6/11/2015 12:14pm
I was going to say the say thing about American Pharoah and the monster logos.

Monster got mad money yo!
moose man
6/11/2015 1:46pm
Monster energy looks like there trying to branch out and get into some different forms of sports good for them when Rv left and then the millsaps problems and then only having Wilbur there not getting put out front and getting the exposure they want then no murchisondice is being sold u gotta find money in other places ......teaming up with John force racing is a good way to do that and then horse racing bring a hole nother crowd of people. I say smart move and of they want to.stay in sx mx there gunna need to get a rider whos gunna be up front they already spend a shit ton of money sponsoring the series and the mxgp series so they really don't need to spend more on a team that's not putting there name out there.

The Shop

Sidecar
6/11/2015 2:16pm
In my opinion Monster put a lot of money into bike racing, they sponsor a lot of athletes in mx, sx, mxgp, enduro, freestyle, MotoGP plus events like the Isle of man TT, the Weston Super Mare Beach Race etc and a lot of people here knock them????
I'm not saying neck 3 cans a day but as a company they put a lot into the sports I like so yeah I buy the odd can 3 or 4 times a year and I run the odd sticker here and there.
Support company's that support mx!!!!!
cslacker
6/11/2015 2:24pm
moose man wrote:
Monster energy looks like there trying to branch out and get into some different forms of sports good for them when Rv left and then the...
Monster energy looks like there trying to branch out and get into some different forms of sports good for them when Rv left and then the millsaps problems and then only having Wilbur there not getting put out front and getting the exposure they want then no murchisondice is being sold u gotta find money in other places ......teaming up with John force racing is a good way to do that and then horse racing bring a hole nother crowd of people. I say smart move and of they want to.stay in sx mx there gunna need to get a rider whos gunna be up front they already spend a shit ton of money sponsoring the series and the mxgp series so they really don't need to spend more on a team that's not putting there name out there.

downard254
6/11/2015 3:49pm
Sidecar wrote:
In my opinion Monster put a lot of money into bike racing, they sponsor a lot of athletes in mx, sx, mxgp, enduro, freestyle, MotoGP plus...
In my opinion Monster put a lot of money into bike racing, they sponsor a lot of athletes in mx, sx, mxgp, enduro, freestyle, MotoGP plus events like the Isle of man TT, the Weston Super Mare Beach Race etc and a lot of people here knock them????
I'm not saying neck 3 cans a day but as a company they put a lot into the sports I like so yeah I buy the odd can 3 or 4 times a year and I run the odd sticker here and there.
Support company's that support mx!!!!!
I'm rebuilding an '03 RM 125 for my son and have purchased just about everything I needed from Motorsport.com. Like you said, support those who support the sport.
hillbilly
6/11/2015 4:07pm
Thunder valley next weekend . I will ask him how much they made the deal for.

A member here works on a top fuel car, hit this thread with your car photo again and we will stop by friday nite.

What i like about this event is total access for ticket price which we get free and with my handicap placard we park in the zone,step out and into a golfcart and are driven either to our seat or to the pits according to preference at the time.

And Friday nite qualifications in the dark are way cool.

50 th anniversary of the track this year and Richard petty is supposed to be there with his original drag car.
FB
6/11/2015 4:48pm
moose man wrote:
Monster energy looks like there trying to branch out and get into some different forms of sports good for them when Rv left and then the...
"murchisondice"
Starcrossed
6/11/2015 4:51pm
hillbilly wrote:
Thunder valley next weekend . I will ask him how much they made the deal for. A member here works on a top fuel car, hit...

A member here works on a top fuel car, hit this thread with your car photo again and we will stop by friday nite.

What i like about this event is total access for ticket price which we get free and with my handicap placard we park in the zone,step out and into a golfcart and are driven either to our seat or to the pits according to preference at the time.

50 th anniversary of the track this year and Richard petty is supposed to be there with his original drag car.
Sounds like it's a pretty substantial commitment on behalf of Monster Energy. The timing is what made me question if this might be related to the speculation about Monster leaving the Kawasaki team. There must be some limit on what they have to spend on motorsports sponsorships. Some more info & a few good pics in this link. Sharp rail... no doubt.
http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/15/nhra-brittany-forces-new-top-fuel-dragster-a-big-hit-photos/
moose man
6/11/2015 4:59pm
moose man wrote:
FB wrote:
"murchisondice" [img]https://www.bjupresshomeschool.com/images/wallpaper/back2school/ilhs-1920x1200.jpg[/img]
"murchisondice"
Wow really it seems like that's all u people care about is how someone types some shit man fuck u bunch of tools who cry when some shits not perfect. I'm not perfect and I'm willing to bet ur not so fuck off
FB
6/11/2015 5:12pm
moose man wrote:
FB wrote:
"murchisondice" [img]https://www.bjupresshomeschool.com/images/wallpaper/back2school/ilhs-1920x1200.jpg[/img]
"murchisondice"
moose man wrote:
Wow really it seems like that's all u people care about is how someone types some shit man fuck u bunch of tools who cry when...
Wow really it seems like that's all u people care about is how someone types some shit man fuck u bunch of tools who cry when some shits not perfect. I'm not perfect and I'm willing to bet ur not so fuck off

?
kawasa84
6/11/2015 5:27pm
moose man wrote:
FB wrote:
"murchisondice"
moose man wrote:
Wow really it seems like that's all u people care about is how someone types some shit man fuck u bunch of tools who cry when...
actually its funny as shit that a guy from France is telling someone in the U.S. how to spell in English. Way to go FB more power to you, and keep it coming!!!!
hbdesigns913
6/11/2015 5:50pm
The money john force is getting from monster is probably half of what team kawasaki gets. Monster is not the only sponsor on her car so that should tell you something.
6/11/2015 6:08pm
The money john force is getting from monster is probably half of what team kawasaki gets. Monster is not the only sponsor on her car so...
The money john force is getting from monster is probably half of what team kawasaki gets. Monster is not the only sponsor on her car so that should tell you something.
All JFR sponsors run as associate sponsors on team cars. I am pretty sure that's a primary sponsorship and isn't cheap. Not sure what Kawasaki gets. I'd guess that Brittany's car is in the 5-10 million range for the year.

Of course, Monster also sponsored Kenny Bernstein's funny car years back, 07-08 so this could mean nothing.

On the other hand, it is interesting to note that Monster sponsors the JGR 54 and they've been linked to a blue bike next year.

avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
6/11/2015 6:13pm
The money john force is getting from monster is probably half of what team kawasaki gets. Monster is not the only sponsor on her car so...
All JFR sponsors run as associate sponsors on team cars. I am pretty sure that's a primary sponsorship and isn't cheap. Not sure what Kawasaki gets...
All JFR sponsors run as associate sponsors on team cars. I am pretty sure that's a primary sponsorship and isn't cheap. Not sure what Kawasaki gets. I'd guess that Brittany's car is in the 5-10 million range for the year.

Of course, Monster also sponsored Kenny Bernstein's funny car years back, 07-08 so this could mean nothing.

On the other hand, it is interesting to note that Monster sponsors the JGR 54 and they've been linked to a blue bike next year.

You are off a bit on the numbers when it comes to sponsor money. Way too high.
mx836
6/11/2015 6:18pm
moose man wrote:
If this is a sign of things to come from future generations, the world is doomed.
hbdesigns913
6/11/2015 6:33pm
All JFR sponsors run as associate sponsors on team cars. I am pretty sure that's a primary sponsorship and isn't cheap. Not sure what Kawasaki gets...

5-10 million???? Way off. A good top fuel sponsor these days would be 2 or 3mil. Drag racing is not what it used to be. Those 4 and 5 mil days are long gone. Most drivers these days pay to drive. That's where your associate sponsors come in to play. When you have a multiple car team you can get 4 or 5 companies to give you 500k to a mil each and you can plaster there stickers on 4 of your cars. I have been in drag racing since 07. I have worked for force and know how the deal operates. It's sad but drag racing is not a good tv sport. It comes on late. We get bumped for little league baseball. It doesn't have a whole lot to offer sponsors. If you have a million dollars to blow you can go to don Schumacher and he will put you in one of his cars.
hbdesigns913
6/11/2015 6:36pm Edited Date/Time 6/11/2015 6:37pm
hillbilly wrote:
Thunder valley next weekend . I will ask him how much they made the deal for. A member here works on a top fuel car, hit...

Make sure to come by our pit in Bristol and say hi.
Starcrossed
6/11/2015 7:09pm
hillbilly wrote:

Since T-Shirts are the theme of the day, if you two want to drop me your sizes I'll swing by the Torrence pit tomorrow and drop off a couple. Hillbilly can grab his in Bristol. Thanks for chiming in.
hbdesigns913
6/11/2015 7:24pm
hillbilly wrote:

Since T-Shirts are the theme of the day, if you two want to drop me your sizes I'll swing by the Torrence pit tomorrow and drop...
Since T-Shirts are the theme of the day, if you two want to drop me your sizes I'll swing by the Torrence pit tomorrow and drop off a couple. Hillbilly can grab his in Bristol. Thanks for chiming in.
Yeah man come by and hang out with us. We're not going to the track until 1. We run late. Size Large if you bring shirts. Ask for Cale. I will try and round you up a hat. Thanks
6/11/2015 7:32pm

5-10 million???? Way off. A good top fuel sponsor these days would be 2 or 3mil. Drag racing is not what it used to be. Those...
5-10 million???? Way off. A good top fuel sponsor these days would be 2 or 3mil. Drag racing is not what it used to be. Those 4 and 5 mil days are long gone. Most drivers these days pay to drive. That's where your associate sponsors come in to play. When you have a multiple car team you can get 4 or 5 companies to give you 500k to a mil each and you can plaster there stickers on 4 of your cars. I have been in drag racing since 07. I have worked for force and know how the deal operates. It's sad but drag racing is not a good tv sport. It comes on late. We get bumped for little league baseball. It doesn't have a whole lot to offer sponsors. If you have a million dollars to blow you can go to don Schumacher and he will put you in one of his cars.
Maybe.

JFR wasn't in a good negotiating spot either. Some of the numbers I remember hearing were from years back. But it's going to cost you a few mil just to pay the bills.

And, true that Schumacher might put you on a car for a mil but Tommy Johnson Jr. doesn't have the market appeal that a cute blond Force does. If you want a bargain, go give Terry/Jenna Haddock 100K. I am guessing Monster wanted more marketing power than that. I doubt John would have inked a 3 year deal for less than 3, but who knows? Times are tough without Castrol around. I really can't believe Traxxas would get Courtney for that cheap. But I didn't work for the team, and I only know the same sort of drag racing message board shit that we've got here. So maybe times are that tough.
Starcrossed
6/11/2015 7:38pm
Maybe. JFR wasn't in a good negotiating spot either. Some of the numbers I remember hearing were from years back. But it's going to cost you...
Maybe.

JFR wasn't in a good negotiating spot either. Some of the numbers I remember hearing were from years back. But it's going to cost you a few mil just to pay the bills.

And, true that Schumacher might put you on a car for a mil but Tommy Johnson Jr. doesn't have the market appeal that a cute blond Force does. If you want a bargain, go give Terry/Jenna Haddock 100K. I am guessing Monster wanted more marketing power than that. I doubt John would have inked a 3 year deal for less than 3, but who knows? Times are tough without Castrol around. I really can't believe Traxxas would get Courtney for that cheap. But I didn't work for the team, and I only know the same sort of drag racing message board shit that we've got here. So maybe times are that tough.
I was of the same opinion you were, considering that some deals , a few years ago, were 5 mil. plus. You're obviously very knowledgeable about the drag racing scene. Great to get your input.
hbdesigns913
6/11/2015 7:39pm
Yeah I don't think anyone else could have got the monster deal other than force. Like you said, Brittany is great for marketing. Force has built quite the empire by producing his own parts. That has helped him a lot in the pocketbook. You are correct on the Bernstein deal. I heard it was pretty big. Those were the days.
Jack mehoff
6/11/2015 8:54pm

And on the other side off the shop Kyle Bush a JGR Driver in nascar has a sponsorship with monster on his nation wide and truck ride , and the word on the street at the time was the goats sponship money that he snagged .
hillbilly
6/11/2015 9:04pm
hillbilly wrote:

Since T-Shirts are the theme of the day, if you two want to drop me your sizes I'll swing by the Torrence pit tomorrow and drop...
XL for me,if you can throw one in for Kassidy she would love it, medium for her. Nice to have a daughter that loves motorsport and hangs with me.
hillbilly
6/11/2015 9:19pm

5-10 million???? Way off. A good top fuel sponsor these days would be 2 or 3mil. Drag racing is not what it used to be. Those...
Def come by and see you. ,love the technology of the sport.

I hoped ESPN would bring nhra up a notch since they lost NASCAR but it is worse than last year. Last week it was delayed till 11:30 and when roy and alan madd the final i fell asleep.

And,i dont see how the teams make it. I watched a show one force's operation and they were cutting blocks from billet. He said something like 20 was for one car for the season including testing.

hillbilly
6/18/2015 9:10am
one more day,looks like scattered storms.

we had a storm at the 1st event that ran tf dragsters against funny cars for money.

it was one big wet t shirt show.

and,we were watching the law enforcement making everyone get out the section next to us,i asked a guy what was up,hevsaid there is a bomb under the seats. guess the blast zone stops at section N.

Post a reply to: Monster Energy teams up with John Force Racing

The Latest