MXoN - Maggiora, Italy - Bench Racing: The Motos

9/25/2016 5:28am Edited Date/Time 9/25/2016 5:29am
DJ KC wrote:
Tranceport was great... Oakenfold was a beast on turntables. I got to open for him for a show at the old Nations club in 2003 in...
Tranceport was great... Oakenfold was a beast on turntables. I got to open for him for a show at the old Nations club in 2003 in DC. But standing back and watching him and seen him work 10 Technic 1200's and have them all playing at one time. Totally amazing.
Wow, that's pretty epic!! I'm 33 now, but I remember sneaking out of the house (the night before a final exam in High School) when Paul came here to Charlotte to a small club back in 2001 or so. In college back in 2006, I studied abroad in Germany for a few months. Two highlights of that were 1) Attending the GP race the infamous Namur circuit, and 2) attending the Berlin Love Parade. 1.2 MILLION people dancing in the streets of Berlin, with 18 tractor trailers converted into rolling DJ booths creeping through the streets. Talk about experiences I'll never forget..
TDeath21
9/25/2016 5:28am
Moto 2 top 5 predictions?

1. Herlings
2. Anderson
3. Van Horebeek
4. Paulin
5. Martin
ocscottie
9/25/2016 5:29am
any guess just how many pages this thread will go? 10 after just one moto, im guessing 31.

....Hope i dont jinx it but, the server has been handling the traffic just fine. Whistling

The Shop

Jeff alessi
9/25/2016 5:30am
Really proud of the Americans in that first moto! I honestly didn't see it going that good but Webb continues to show his ability to keep moving forward and Alex Martin starting outside the top 20 to get back to 9th is just blowing my mind!

I say this because I raced this track and I know it's insanely different then our tracks in the states. The pictures and video do no justice, jumping over those hills in real like and coming down that first hill off the start is intense. Every inch of that track was intense high speed big holes down the hills giant ruts that hardened up, the downhill into the single before the finish was my gnarliest spot, interesting to see cairoli fall there as he did that section the best when I was there.

All in all this event isn't aimed to be a fair event starring each countries best riders, it's turned into a "how do we beat the Americans" race. There's nothing fair about racing euros on the tracks they race at during the season, ypu kmow they ride these tracks during the week and year after year, and year after year we continue having to race at those tracks for the nation's. If this is there idea of fair then we should be allowed to send a rider from each regiom of our country! it's getting old and none of our top riders want to do it anymore and I don't blame them because we're being set up year after year. It's just another gp in my opinion with an added moto and more patriotic enviroment.
ocscottie
9/25/2016 5:31am
Ok ready for moto 2, lets do this boys!!!! Hope Anderson's foot isnt to bad.
DJ KC
Fantasy
452nd
DJ KC wrote:
Tranceport was great... Oakenfold was a beast on turntables. I got to open for him for a show at the old Nations club in 2003 in...
Tranceport was great... Oakenfold was a beast on turntables. I got to open for him for a show at the old Nations club in 2003 in DC. But standing back and watching him and seen him work 10 Technic 1200's and have them all playing at one time. Totally amazing.
Wow, that's pretty epic!! I'm 33 now, but I remember sneaking out of the house (the night before a final exam in High School) when Paul...
Wow, that's pretty epic!! I'm 33 now, but I remember sneaking out of the house (the night before a final exam in High School) when Paul came here to Charlotte to a small club back in 2001 or so. In college back in 2006, I studied abroad in Germany for a few months. Two highlights of that were 1) Attending the GP race the infamous Namur circuit, and 2) attending the Berlin Love Parade. 1.2 MILLION people dancing in the streets of Berlin, with 18 tractor trailers converted into rolling DJ booths creeping through the streets. Talk about experiences I'll never forget..
NICE!
Crush
Good come back by the USA. Let's see what Anderson can do!
brlatm
plowboy wrote:
Working on my first Warsteiner Octoberfest...11 more to go.
I wish, maybe Thursday night when I clear international airspace. Being in country with an alcohol policy is no bueno somedays.
hillbilly
9/25/2016 5:32am
TXDirt wrote:
If you wake up at 6am to watch MXDN is that a good excuse to have a beer? Or is it too early?
fgb729 wrote:
I'd say a once a year event calls for special permissions... plus I have one and who wants to drink alone? lol
Once a year,once a week ,plus, there is the same amount of protein in beer as 2 eggs and a pork chop.
Jasper125
9/25/2016 5:32am
Its just already so sick that we (The Dutch) are called as potential winners its to soon i think tho but we will only get stronger in the upcoming years
mx836
9/25/2016 5:33am
Moens_Andy wrote:
He started in 10th not mid pack
He started like 15th. I'd say that's mid pack.
Bearuno
9/25/2016 5:33am
Next year maybe Australia and New Zealand should enter as Australasia, give us a fighting chance.
No.

Or, to be more clear - Fuck No.

We are separate Countries, despite probably near a 10th of Kiwis living in OZ.WoohooWhistling

Formulating teams to one's convenience is not what this event is about.

9/25/2016 5:34am
Jasper125 wrote:
Its just already so sick that we (The Dutch) are called as potential winners its to soon i think tho but we will only get stronger...
Its just already so sick that we (The Dutch) are called as potential winners its to soon i think tho but we will only get stronger in the upcoming years
Hopefully Pootjes will reach his full potential comming years. That would make for a killer team!
PastranaWho
9/25/2016 5:34am Edited Date/Time 9/25/2016 5:37am
Really proud of the Americans in that first moto! I honestly didn't see it going that good but Webb continues to show his ability to keep...
Really proud of the Americans in that first moto! I honestly didn't see it going that good but Webb continues to show his ability to keep moving forward and Alex Martin starting outside the top 20 to get back to 9th is just blowing my mind!

I say this because I raced this track and I know it's insanely different then our tracks in the states. The pictures and video do no justice, jumping over those hills in real like and coming down that first hill off the start is intense. Every inch of that track was intense high speed big holes down the hills giant ruts that hardened up, the downhill into the single before the finish was my gnarliest spot, interesting to see cairoli fall there as he did that section the best when I was there.

All in all this event isn't aimed to be a fair event starring each countries best riders, it's turned into a "how do we beat the Americans" race. There's nothing fair about racing euros on the tracks they race at during the season, ypu kmow they ride these tracks during the week and year after year, and year after year we continue having to race at those tracks for the nation's. If this is there idea of fair then we should be allowed to send a rider from each regiom of our country! it's getting old and none of our top riders want to do it anymore and I don't blame them because we're being set up year after year. It's just another gp in my opinion with an added moto and more patriotic enviroment.
Hey jeff dont be a buzz kill. Webb is more than happy to attend the mxon and represent the US of ACool
Hes no tomac.
ocscottie
9/25/2016 5:35am
Really proud of the Americans in that first moto! I honestly didn't see it going that good but Webb continues to show his ability to keep...

We need a MXDN in the states every 3rd year IMO. I want one at RedBud so bad.
9/25/2016 5:36am

Don't enter a team then? Moron.
Coly243
Fantasy
342nd
9/25/2016 5:36am

Ironic that you are the 1st post to bring the 'everyone hates us' bollocks into this discussion. There's no need for paranoid nonsense. Everyone has been enjoying and cheering for all riders from all countries.

And as for tracks they ride every week...you mean Lommell. The only GP/mxdn track they ride every week.
WoodsRacer
Fantasy
2893rd
9/25/2016 5:38am Edited Date/Time 9/25/2016 5:38am
Here we go, moto 2, good luck guys! Go A Mart and Anderson!
Camp332
9/25/2016 5:38am
Lets go boys! Moto 2 USA!
9/25/2016 5:39am
Moto 2 at the gate! MX 2 vs Mx Open.

Hopefully Van Doninck can get a solid result to keep Belgiums chances high!
three9zero
9/25/2016 5:39am

So.....What did you think of Benoit's ride ?
FARANG
9/25/2016 5:40am

Boo fucken hoo. Belgium has 11 million people. If u cant beat them then suck it up and say Well Done.
DJ KC
Fantasy
452nd
9/25/2016 5:41am
GO ANDERSON!!!

Post a reply to: MXoN - Maggiora, Italy - Bench Racing: The Motos

The Latest