MXGP Action Group

Related:
Create New Tag

11/12/2018 8:41 AM

Really interesting stuff to read on this page about Luongo and Youthstream
https://mxgpactiongroup.com/

|

11/12/2018 9:43 AM

I read it all when it first came out in 2013 , nothing has happened about it since then and now it resurfaces but I just wonder if anything will ever happen because of it.

He's my take on MXGP , the racing has been good , I'll keep watching it. Could not care less about the rest of it as it affects me in no way.

|

11/12/2018 11:06 AM

Wow, just read through it and there’s a lot of new stuff in there to take in. Someone’s been working hard to get this stuff. The ‘who is Mr Serb’ section in particular. I guess it’s been published now to try an affect the outcome of the FIM presidential election.

|

11/12/2018 11:22 AM

wow indeed. I believe loungo threatened to take action against them if they didnt take the website down back when they first came out.

|

11/12/2018 1:44 PM

Interest ing stuff as always..

|

11/12/2018 6:34 PM

PastranaWho wrote:

wow indeed. I believe loungo threatened to take action against them if they didnt take the website down back when they first came out.

According to them , that actually never happened.

I just read the Dr Who section, that does not leave SRB in a very good light. They make a very strong case on credentials and the lack thereof.

|

11/13/2018 1:19 AM

Assuming all this information is correct, there are serious issues that need resolving within the running of the FIM and Youthstream. I can understand how they would both want all this to go away and be kept quiet, but all our national governing bodies are signed up to the FIM and presumably being a member of the FIM comes at a price. We all pay into that. So surely our national governing bodies- ACU, AMA etc should all be questioning how the FIM is run?

|

11/13/2018 2:21 AM

Fraser, that assumes that this would be news for the national governing bodies, which i seriously doubt.

Gert Jan van Doorn (former GP winner and former rider for a Luongo managed team in the 80's or early 90's) stated some years ago in an interview that Luongo had done time in jail and that this is common knowledge.



|

11/13/2018 2:46 AM

Reading the part regarding Mr Srb, I may start demanding I be called "Dr", change my CV to some pathetic excuse as his and then become head of the FIM.... not immediately of course, I'd need to start at the bottom, lets say Vice-President.

|

11/13/2018 2:57 AM

Race-World.com wrote:

Reading the part regarding Mr Srb, I may start demanding I be called "Dr", change my CV to some pathetic excuse as his and then become head of the FIM.... not immediately of course, I'd need to start at the bottom, lets say Vice-President.

smile brilliant
|

11/13/2018 4:35 AM

The don't think any organisation is immune to the kind of thing.

Bottom line YS have delivered a proper professional model of a world championship.

They have delivered a decent feeder class system

They delivered plenty of riders capable of arriving at the home of US motocross & teaching them a lesson on how to ride.

YS isn't perfect nothing is, but IMO world level motocross has improved under their direction.

|

11/13/2018 6:06 AM

Good to see this website back up, just to remind people that the corrupt FIM sold the soul of our sport to a bunch of gangsters who charge a fortune to promoters, take any money they can and reinvest NOTHING in the future of our sport, how anyone thinks that GP racing has been improved is beyond me, or maybe they cannot remember when riders could enter any GP they wanted without having to stump up 10,000 euro and actually got paid prize money, rode on proper tracks, not these artificial supercross tracks, and promoters were Clubs who reinvested the money into facilities, YS charge at least 500, 000 euro to run a race, then take all the trackside advertising revenue, exclude riders if they have no money, have devalued the MX2 World Championship, and have ruined every National Series in Europe with their stupid calender, and lets not get started on the countries they go to an their human rights records, re a money grabbing organisation who withdraw press passes from anyone who speaks out against them, hence they have tame journalists who simply do their bidding in public, but criticise in private, same goes for FIM Officials who are happy to pocket the brown envelopes. TV coverage is rubbish too, wee tiny bikes hidden behind huge advertising hoardings, putting riders who should be racing out of work, destroying and shortening careers, promoters setting rules, they should promote what the FIM want to run, not the other way round, they have ruined our sport irrevocably, but made millionaires of themselves

|

11/13/2018 6:21 AM

Prejump wrote:

The don't think any organisation is immune to the kind of thing.

Bottom line YS have delivered a proper professional model of a world championship.

They have delivered a decent feeder class system

They delivered plenty of riders capable of arriving at the home of US motocross & teaching them a lesson on how to ride.

YS isn't perfect nothing is, but IMO world level motocross has improved under their direction.

What exactly does this thread have to do with US motocross ? Before you answer that's a rhetorical question. It's nice to know though that even when we're down we're still in everyone's head .

|

11/13/2018 8:20 AM

So the FIM changed the rules because they knew there was conflict of interest but did not even pursue or even expose the people involved?

Also it seems to me the FIM should have a rule in place that no blind trusts or partners may hold any part of of their contracted series.

|

11/13/2018 8:41 AM

Prejump wrote:

The don't think any organisation is immune to the kind of thing.

Bottom line YS have delivered a proper professional model of a world championship.

They have delivered a decent feeder class system

They delivered plenty of riders capable of arriving at the home of US motocross & teaching them a lesson on how to ride.

YS isn't perfect nothing is, but IMO world level motocross has improved under their direction.

Prejump the thing is that they were not signed on to deliver what you say they have delivered. i would suggest to look into what YS said what their invopvement would lead to and compare it to what they actually delivered.

Hint: the part were they said costs would increase they were correct, the part were they said exposure would iincrease leading to more sponsorship income they failed to deliver big time.

|

11/14/2018 5:18 AM

This belongs on the front page , I guess one thing they are correct about, everyone is just ignoring whats happened.

|

11/14/2018 5:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/14/2018 5:47 AM

I don't have the time to read it all and in much details, but for the little time I gave I just had too much popcorn ... WTF ...

|

11/14/2018 8:04 AM

500guy wrote:

This belongs on the front page , I guess one thing they are correct about, everyone is just ignoring whats happened.

Yeah I thought there would be more people Interested about how corrupted the current system is in MXGP

|

11/14/2018 11:14 AM

I find it very interesting. Did the last time it was brought up as well. I can see YS have improved the GP’s in some ways, but that doesn’t excuse how they treat it in other ways. I always had a bad feeling about the ”Dr” so I’m not surprised there.

|

I HATE FOURSTROKES
www.racelife.se

11/14/2018 8:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/14/2018 8:41 PM

I like how Wolfgang Srb being “anti eu and anti multicultural/immigrant” are used as negatives. What kind of evil bastard wants to maintain the heritage and culture of his own county? Lol

|

11/15/2018 3:20 AM

Prejump wrote:

The don't think any organisation is immune to the kind of thing.

Bottom line YS have delivered a proper professional model of a world championship.

They have delivered a decent feeder class system

They delivered plenty of riders capable of arriving at the home of US motocross & teaching them a lesson on how to ride.

YS isn't perfect nothing is, but IMO world level motocross has improved under their direction.

ATKpilot99 wrote:

What exactly does this thread have to do with US motocross ? Before you answer that's a rhetorical question. It's nice to know though that even when we're down we're still in everyone's head .

Year ago I used to post on a uk mx forum. MXUK, part of adrenaline trip.

All the old farts hated YS with such a passion, YS could do nothing positive. The GP's were constantly compared to a previous era & world dynamic.

AMA was bar far the better series & YS were making everything worse.

I argued the positives YS were doing & personally preferred the approach they had.

So I must admit it leaves me with some quiet satisfaction to see so much GP & EMX riders succeed when for years all what we heard was negatives.

|

11/15/2018 4:21 AM

Poor choice of name. Action Group was the organiser of the GP's in the 90s. Run by... indeed, Luongo.

|

11/15/2018 4:30 AM

DeStouwer wrote:

Poor choice of name. Action Group was the organiser of the GP's in the 90s. Run by... indeed, Luongo.

I think that's the point of the naming, irony!!!

|

11/15/2018 4:49 AM

Prejump wrote:

The don't think any organisation is immune to the kind of thing.

Bottom line YS have delivered a proper professional model of a world championship.

They have delivered a decent feeder class system

They delivered plenty of riders capable of arriving at the home of US motocross & teaching them a lesson on how to ride.

YS isn't perfect nothing is, but IMO world level motocross has improved under their direction.

ATKpilot99 wrote:

What exactly does this thread have to do with US motocross ? Before you answer that's a rhetorical question. It's nice to know though that even when we're down we're still in everyone's head .

Prejump wrote:

Year ago I used to post on a uk mx forum. MXUK, part of adrenaline trip.

All the old farts hated YS with such a passion, YS could do nothing positive. The GP's were constantly compared to a previous era & world dynamic.

AMA was bar far the better series & YS were making everything worse.

I argued the positives YS were doing & personally preferred the approach they had.

So I must admit it leaves me with some quiet satisfaction to see so much GP & EMX riders succeed when for years all what we heard was negatives.

Prejump, as is usual for younger people, you are missing the point of the article, it is not about riders or quality of racing, it is about how our sport is governed and managed, talent will out and it is certainly not about US vs GP, as the US is heading the same way now that some people are in bed with YS.

What will happen when YS disappear after destroying the infrastructure, how are delegates to the FIM who are supposed to be elected from their own Governing Body, not members of their own Governing Body, why did they virtually give away the rights to our sport for nothing, why are journalists who criticize YS in any way banned from GP's, why are there only 20 odd riders on the gate, why are riders not paid prize money/start money, why has the MX2 World Championship been downgraded to a junior World Championship, why are most of the circuit advertisers associated with one motorcycle manufacturer, where are all the major outside sponsors promised by YS, why does YS need to not only charge nearly a million euros to run a race, then take the advertising fees as well, why are only certain riders allowed to race (those who can afford it), why do they have to ride for preferred teams, who charge them 100,000 euro for the privilege?

The FIM & YS are both corrupt, possibly unlike you I can remember both era's of the sport as you call it, I remember GPs at great tracks with thousands of spectators, sponsors like Pepsi, Skittles etc., and 40 riders on the gate and a full gate of non qualifiers too, and riders getting paid enough to get to the next round.

I have also attended 10-15 GP's per year since the return of YS and have seen the standard drop, gates falling to ridiculous levels, talented riders losing their jobs and careers because they can't compete with riders 'placed' by YS to boost viewing in certain areas, and the downgrading of a Championship to Junior levels, as well as seeing many people and sometimes governing bodies nearly bankrupted by YS demands, and what do they put back into the sport, nothing!!


I appreciate you may be only interested in what happens on track, and that's fine, but the 'old farts' as you call them that actually put on the racing for you to enjoy, maybe see further than that, so why have a go without seeing the incredible levels of corruption here, people in the Soccer/football world have gone to jail for less than what is contained in this website, if you don't care then that's fine, but some of us do care about the future, not just the here and now, as for your earlier post about benefits of YS, the only thing I can see they have improved is paddock hard standing, the 'feeder series' you mention used to be the National Championships which YS have stated they want to destroy, look at the MAXXIS in GB, where are the GP riders that you were able to see, gone, ever ask yourself why, and maybe you don't care that GP's are in countries with dubious human rights records, maybe you think watching 20 riders in the dark in the desert with no spectators in a country where no dirt bikes have ever been sold id good for the sport, I don't myself, or maybe you think dragging riders to countries to garner votes for upcoming FIM Presidential elections is spreading the gospel of motocross worldwide, then I'm afraid you are extremely naïve.


YS has killed the soul of our sport, they are money grabbing corrupt organisation that have done nothing good for the sport, nothing, and one day they will walk away and then we'll see who really cares about the sport, although to be fair, the real villains are the FIM who have sold out, and by the way, look out USA, they are coming for you too.

|

11/15/2018 6:14 AM

I haven’t actually clicked on the link yet, but agree with a lot of points mention. YS have practically demolished our great sport and MXGP series while making the racing better. The age rule does make for some closer racing but it’s putting huge strain on the series. Seeing top level riders fighting for sure as there’s not enough places. We have already lost factory Suzuki. Is this a knock off effect of what luongo and his gang have done over the years? They are trying to make it so prestigious that soon they’ll only be a handful of bikes on the gate. It really isn’t viable for years to come, and I think it will be destroyed before luongo walks away with a fat check. I can’t get my head around visiting 3rd world countries, with poor health facilities, zero experience of ever holding a motocross race never mind a gp it’s bizzare but I guess you can genuinely call it a World Series now.

Could there ever be another series to run alongside mxgp? say like MotoGP vs WSBK. One in dorna, one fim. That would be the only way to have a series for the riders and not the bosses. Start decent prize money, just old school tracks, around Central Europe?

|

11/15/2018 6:19 AM

Real MX Fan wrote:

Prejump, as is usual for younger people, you are missing the point of the article, it is not about riders or quality of racing, it is about how our sport is governed and managed, talent will out and it is certainly not about US vs GP, as the US is heading the same way now that some people are in bed with YS.

What will happen when YS disappear after destroying the infrastructure, how are delegates to the FIM who are supposed to be elected from their own Governing Body, not members of their own Governing Body, why did they virtually give away the rights to our sport for nothing, why are journalists who criticize YS in any way banned from GP's, why are there only 20 odd riders on the gate, why are riders not paid prize money/start money, why has the MX2 World Championship been downgraded to a junior World Championship, why are most of the circuit advertisers associated with one motorcycle manufacturer, where are all the major outside sponsors promised by YS, why does YS need to not only charge nearly a million euros to run a race, then take the advertising fees as well, why are only certain riders allowed to race (those who can afford it), why do they have to ride for preferred teams, who charge them 100,000 euro for the privilege?

The FIM & YS are both corrupt, possibly unlike you I can remember both era's of the sport as you call it, I remember GPs at great tracks with thousands of spectators, sponsors like Pepsi, Skittles etc., and 40 riders on the gate and a full gate of non qualifiers too, and riders getting paid enough to get to the next round.

I have also attended 10-15 GP's per year since the return of YS and have seen the standard drop, gates falling to ridiculous levels, talented riders losing their jobs and careers because they can't compete with riders 'placed' by YS to boost viewing in certain areas, and the downgrading of a Championship to Junior levels, as well as seeing many people and sometimes governing bodies nearly bankrupted by YS demands, and what do they put back into the sport, nothing!!


I appreciate you may be only interested in what happens on track, and that's fine, but the 'old farts' as you call them that actually put on the racing for you to enjoy, maybe see further than that, so why have a go without seeing the incredible levels of corruption here, people in the Soccer/football world have gone to jail for less than what is contained in this website, if you don't care then that's fine, but some of us do care about the future, not just the here and now, as for your earlier post about benefits of YS, the only thing I can see they have improved is paddock hard standing, the 'feeder series' you mention used to be the National Championships which YS have stated they want to destroy, look at the MAXXIS in GB, where are the GP riders that you were able to see, gone, ever ask yourself why, and maybe you don't care that GP's are in countries with dubious human rights records, maybe you think watching 20 riders in the dark in the desert with no spectators in a country where no dirt bikes have ever been sold id good for the sport, I don't myself, or maybe you think dragging riders to countries to garner votes for upcoming FIM Presidential elections is spreading the gospel of motocross worldwide, then I'm afraid you are extremely naïve.


YS has killed the soul of our sport, they are money grabbing corrupt organisation that have done nothing good for the sport, nothing, and one day they will walk away and then we'll see who really cares about the sport, although to be fair, the real villains are the FIM who have sold out, and by the way, look out USA, they are coming for you too.

it's really sad that the only real gauge being used is the USA loss's at the last few MXdN's

it's almost like people think be as corrupt as you want as long as we beat USA.

|

11/15/2018 6:30 AM

I would love to see independent European series happening. There are a lot of great tracks abandoned by the YS and there would be lot of talented riders available in Europe too.

It would be even cooler if the class structure would be traditional 125,250 and Open

Sadly I don't think that is not happening because the industry is still supporting YS

|

11/15/2018 7:11 AM

Dr Evil beach house is really nice !!!

|

11/15/2018 7:40 AM

JMX82 wrote:

I would love to see independent European series happening. There are a lot of great tracks abandoned by the YS and there would be lot of talented riders available in Europe too.

It would be even cooler if the class structure would be traditional 125,250 and Open

Sadly I don't think that is not happening because the industry is still supporting YS

Thing is i don't think it would be a commercial succes unless the topriders participate in it. And since they are contracted by the OEMS the only way that would happen is if the OEMS would quit the GP's.

We allready have a bunch of national championships, and reality is that riders can't make a living racing these events. combine a couple of these championships and you'd have your alternative serie but not sure how a guy like Max Nagl would make a living riding this series

|

11/15/2018 7:44 AM

It is unfortunate that the MXGP Action Group website makes no mention of MXTAG (a sort of team-owner's union for lack of a better description) and the subsequent creation of "IMTA" (by Youthstream), as a means to crush MXTAG.

Or the connections that Youthstream and Luongo have with Pier Carlo Bottero and his shipping/logistics company. It should be no surprise that SEL has been the official carrier for MXGP.

It all makes me wonder if there are any WADA/FIM connections that deserve some scrutiny.




|