LL's Bench Racing Aug 1-6 2022

Bill_Carroll
Posts
5081
Joined
9/15/2010
Location
Falcon, CO, USA
8/3/2022 6:36pm
Wow That last Moto with Open Pro sport was a mess.
Ryder D was under attack.
Great come from behind win for Braswell
lumpy790 wrote:
D finding that hole in a rut and endowing sure took a lot out of him.
Looked to me he went in hot and hung on the front brake too long after he hit that ....carrying him over the bars.
Long endo
Bill_Carroll
Posts
5081
Joined
9/15/2010
Location
Falcon, CO, USA
8/3/2022 6:40pm
Watched a Utube yesterday on Deegan MAV.
Him and his Dad was putting down the classes "To avoid the comp"..
Rather then help build the sport it seemed like they were in unity giving excuses as to why they are in their class.

Dono, just rubbed me wrong
1
17
yak651
Posts
9071
Joined
8/26/2006
Location
Appleton, WI, USA
Fantasy
8/3/2022 6:44pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Damn those bikes sound good! Wonder how lean they have them to run crisp in that heat and humidity
1
brimx153
Posts
3344
Joined
5/3/2012
Location
IE
8/3/2022 8:03pm
First time looking at LL . I am kind of shocked by how sketchy all the big named rider s are . Bar a few. Ryder D , Deegan and a few other s . But most are absolutely all over the place . On the ragged edge . I know the track is sketchy . Not many new Windham s , sexton s , or Jett s that's for sure.
2

The Shop

cwel11
Posts
2787
Joined
12/4/2019
Location
Orangeville, PA, USA
8/4/2022 2:33am
brimx153 wrote:
First time looking at LL . I am kind of shocked by how sketchy all the big named rider s are . Bar a few. Ryder...
First time looking at LL . I am kind of shocked by how sketchy all the big named rider s are . Bar a few. Ryder D , Deegan and a few other s . But most are absolutely all over the place . On the ragged edge . I know the track is sketchy . Not many new Windham s , sexton s , or Jett s that's for sure.
Always looks easy from the cheap seats
9
lumpy790
Posts
11795
Joined
9/18/2007
Location
York, SC, USA
8/4/2022 5:13am
Watching weather this morning it looks like today might be a wet one with storms that could possibly lightning delay the races
Rupert X
Posts
11083
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Newark, OH, USA
8/4/2022 5:39am
That track is a nasty bitch.





3
Switch
Posts
1419
Joined
9/17/2010
Location
USA
8/4/2022 5:50am



1
DiddyDaddy
Posts
130
Joined
1/3/2019
Location
Johnstown, PA, USA
8/4/2022 7:50am
I wonder sometimes if rodney tomlin is even watching the same race i am. #Clueless
3
1
88FYNN88
Posts
623
Joined
7/14/2020
Location
Jackson, NH, USA
8/4/2022 8:13am
AC is awesome in the booth! He 100% has a future in it.
7
JazzyJJ
Posts
1894
Joined
12/1/2020
Location
Nunya, WY, USA
8/4/2022 8:15am
88FYNN88 wrote:
AC is awesome in the booth! He 100% has a future in it.
He's a natural. He'll slide right in to a coaching/mentorship role or in the booth when he hangs them up..
7
1
Logan_Ryall
Posts
164
Joined
12/21/2011
Location
Bluff City, TN, USA
8/4/2022 8:23am
Deegan 1:53 last lap. Wow
3
1
ga_pike
Posts
2650
Joined
7/14/2011
Location
Valdosta, GA, USA
8/4/2022 10:37am
brimx153 wrote:
First time looking at LL . I am kind of shocked by how sketchy all the big named rider s are . Bar a few. Ryder...
First time looking at LL . I am kind of shocked by how sketchy all the big named rider s are . Bar a few. Ryder D , Deegan and a few other s . But most are absolutely all over the place . On the ragged edge . I know the track is sketchy . Not many new Windham s , sexton s , or Jett s that's for sure.
cwel11 wrote:
Always looks easy from the cheap seats
I don't think he was saying it looked easy. I think he was surprised by just how tough the track looks because he had never seen it before.

I'll say this, seeing it in person is completely different. It's impossible to understand just how rough the track gets and how deep those ruts are until you see them in person.
3
1
8/4/2022 10:43am
You see the 125,s winning both motos in 450 c . He,s from Mn. And 250c a 125 went 2,1. I wonder if they will ban 125,s from these classes next yr. Kinda makes the 250 and 450f,s look bad.
2
5
motodad312
Posts
118
Joined
3/31/2020
Location
Mc Kinney, TX, USA
8/4/2022 10:45am
brimx153 wrote:
First time looking at LL . I am kind of shocked by how sketchy all the big named rider s are . Bar a few. Ryder...
First time looking at LL . I am kind of shocked by how sketchy all the big named rider s are . Bar a few. Ryder D , Deegan and a few other s . But most are absolutely all over the place . On the ragged edge . I know the track is sketchy . Not many new Windham s , sexton s , or Jett s that's for sure.
cwel11 wrote:
Always looks easy from the cheap seats
ga_pike wrote:
I don't think he was saying it looked easy. I think he was surprised by just how tough the track looks because he had never seen...
I don't think he was saying it looked easy. I think he was surprised by just how tough the track looks because he had never seen it before.

I'll say this, seeing it in person is completely different. It's impossible to understand just how rough the track gets and how deep those ruts are until you see them in person.
My son made it 2 years ago. He said it was by far the roughest track he had ever been on. There is absolutely NO rest or break on that track. Watching it on TV does it no justice. That track will make fast guys look slow. Trust me - they're not sketchy or going slow.
7
1
GrapeApe
Posts
9062
Joined
6/7/2010
Location
Mc Kinney, TX, USA
8/4/2022 11:07am
Alessi is 2 points down going into the final 25+ moto on his crusade to break the record. That means it is not enough for him to just win the moto, he needs Martinez to finish 3rd or worse. Get your popcorn ready boys.
3
Cygrace74
Posts
1152
Joined
7/2/2017
Location
Westport, MA, USA
8/4/2022 11:22am
GrapeApe wrote:
Alessi is 2 points down going into the final 25+ moto on his crusade to break the record. That means it is not enough for him...
Alessi is 2 points down going into the final 25+ moto on his crusade to break the record. That means it is not enough for him to just win the moto, he needs Martinez to finish 3rd or worse. Get your popcorn ready boys.
The record of walker having more still
1
kijen
Posts
1236
Joined
10/1/2010
Location
Jacksonville, FL, USA
8/4/2022 11:33am
That track gets beaten, we bitch about a rough track with a couple hundred racers on a sunday. Only imagine the number of riders and laps per day.
2
GG121
Posts
280
Joined
3/17/2022
Location
USA
8/4/2022 11:56am
Does anyone else think it is redundant to have Schoolboy 1 and 125 12-17? To me it seems like the exact same class. I just double checked and there are eight classes that a C level kid on a 125 can race in. We need a proper 125 (or just 2 stroke) Open class.
4
Fox88
Posts
1012
Joined
2/11/2012
Location
Galveston Island, TX, USA
Fantasy
8/4/2022 12:02pm
Guessing this is a frequently asked question.. But what is the difference between schoolboy 1 and schoolboy 2, how do they decide who goes in which, etc? They didn't have 1+2 divisions when I was a kid.. I see some of the other classes have slight age shift -12-15 for "1" and 13-16 for "2".. but schoolboy 1+2 are both the same age range? Thanks in advance!
1
swe292
Posts
422
Joined
11/22/2021
Location
Hartwell, GA, USA
8/4/2022 12:09pm
Fox88 wrote:
Guessing this is a frequently asked question.. But what is the difference between schoolboy 1 and schoolboy 2, how do they decide who goes in which...
Guessing this is a frequently asked question.. But what is the difference between schoolboy 1 and schoolboy 2, how do they decide who goes in which, etc? They didn't have 1+2 divisions when I was a kid.. I see some of the other classes have slight age shift -12-15 for "1" and 13-16 for "2".. but schoolboy 1+2 are both the same age range? Thanks in advance!
Schoolboy 1 = 125 class usually for kids coming off 85s who don’t want to race 250 quite yet.

Schoolboy 2 = 250 centric class for kids to race in conjunction with B class.
7
GrapeApe
Posts
9062
Joined
6/7/2010
Location
Mc Kinney, TX, USA
8/4/2022 12:22pm
GG121 wrote:
Does anyone else think it is redundant to have Schoolboy 1 and 125 12-17? To me it seems like the exact same class. I just double...
Does anyone else think it is redundant to have Schoolboy 1 and 125 12-17? To me it seems like the exact same class. I just double checked and there are eight classes that a C level kid on a 125 can race in. We need a proper 125 (or just 2 stroke) Open class.
Riders are not eligible for the C class if they have raced LL's previously in any class. So kids coming off minis that want to race 125s would only have one class without the 125 b/c class.
1
8/4/2022 12:45pm
brimx153 wrote:
First time looking at LL . I am kind of shocked by how sketchy all the big named rider s are . Bar a few. Ryder...
First time looking at LL . I am kind of shocked by how sketchy all the big named rider s are . Bar a few. Ryder D , Deegan and a few other s . But most are absolutely all over the place . On the ragged edge . I know the track is sketchy . Not many new Windham s , sexton s , or Jett s that's for sure.
cwel11 wrote:
Always looks easy from the cheap seats
The Peanut Gallery.
1
GG121
Posts
280
Joined
3/17/2022
Location
USA
8/4/2022 12:48pm
GG121 wrote:
Does anyone else think it is redundant to have Schoolboy 1 and 125 12-17? To me it seems like the exact same class. I just double...
Does anyone else think it is redundant to have Schoolboy 1 and 125 12-17? To me it seems like the exact same class. I just double checked and there are eight classes that a C level kid on a 125 can race in. We need a proper 125 (or just 2 stroke) Open class.
GrapeApe wrote:
Riders are not eligible for the C class if they have raced LL's previously in any class. So kids coming off minis that want to race...
Riders are not eligible for the C class if they have raced LL's previously in any class. So kids coming off minis that want to race 125s would only have one class without the 125 b/c class.
ahh you are correct, I forgot about that
Bill_Carroll
Posts
5081
Joined
9/15/2010
Location
Falcon, CO, USA
8/4/2022 1:25pm Edited Date/Time 8/4/2022 1:26pm
MAV can you pin this thread please?
At least till sunday
tuttle425
Posts
2293
Joined
8/5/2020
Location
Prairie Village, KS, USA
8/4/2022 1:56pm
Pro Sport motos have been really good.
2
tuttle425
Posts
2293
Joined
8/5/2020
Location
Prairie Village, KS, USA
8/4/2022 1:58pm
Not a good Loretta’s for Hymas so far. Really struggling.
1
ShirtOff
Posts
669
Joined
6/11/2015
Location
Lexington, SC, USA
8/4/2022 2:01pm
Im really impressed with Braswell. Gaining confidence.
I am not sure what is going on with Hymas this week, maybe he is a better Supercross rider at this point. Either way, I am sure he will improve his outdoor riding in the years to come.
3

Post a reply to: LL's Bench Racing Aug 1-6 2022

The Latest