Jantz Has Brain Activity...

Zoom
Posts
1409
Joined
10/21/2012
Location
Cypress, TX, USA
Edited Date/Time 11/26/2012 10:40am
Just got this from Kevin Cozad's Facebook page, which was posted about 7AM East Coast time Saturday November 24th.

Just want to post a VERY IMPORTANT POST.......just talked with Chris Grodzicki, Dr told him Jantz had brain activity, which gives him and us all hope....Prayers Appreciated!!!!
|
docweedon
Posts
941
Joined
8/17/2006
Location
Escondido, CA, USA
11/24/2012 7:00am
This was posted by Chris, Jantz' dad, over at ProRide, as he is a regular there...

"This is Chris, Jantz's dad... I wanted to first thank everyone for the heartfelt prayers for Jantz. I need to ask everyone the favor of including Jantz in your prayers as we move through this painful journey. Jantz sustained a devastating brain cell and spinal cord injury. He was wearing a layete brace and shoei helmet. We left the hospital last night with zero hope from the doctors of his survival chances. His heart stopped at the track and he was pronounced brain dead at the hospital with no response. He was however put on life support until we decided on the options available that I hope none if you ever half to face. A short while ago we received a call from the doctor that a miracle took place this morning at 6:30am that Jantz's "condition has changed significantly" he is responding to eye commands, left to right, up and down and raise your eyebrows. Still no other responses other than this. Given what we were told this is truely a miracle. The thoughts and prayers shared here and on Facebook are what have helped him to make a move off the line. The race for recovery is just beginning and we can only pray that God will pull him through. May god bless each of you and your families. The Grodzicki Family...."
SwapperMX
Posts
2153
Joined
6/16/2010
Location
AU
11/24/2012 7:16am
Wow, that truly does sound like a miracle. Really hope that we continue to hear more good news on Jantz's condition.

Maybe we should take the other thread down ??
LouDog
Posts
709
Joined
11/8/2008
Location
Wildomar, CA, USA
11/24/2012 7:32am
SwapperMX wrote:
Wow, that truly does sound like a miracle. Really hope that we continue to hear more good news on Jantz's condition. Maybe we should take the...
Wow, that truly does sound like a miracle. Really hope that we continue to hear more good news on Jantz's condition.

Maybe we should take the other thread down ??
I agree take it down.
Coyote
Posts
1507
Joined
10/30/2009
Location
Santa Cruz, CA, USA
11/24/2012 7:46am
SwapperMX wrote:
Wow, that truly does sound like a miracle. Really hope that we continue to hear more good news on Jantz's condition. Maybe we should take the...
Wow, that truly does sound like a miracle. Really hope that we continue to hear more good news on Jantz's condition.

Maybe we should take the other thread down ??
LouDog wrote:
I agree take it down.
Yank that thread down asap!! Great news for the family and can only hope he keeps pulling through, prayers will be continual from our family!!

The Shop

Dirtydane
Posts
870
Joined
5/24/2010
Location
SE
11/24/2012 8:11am
Prayers sent! Awesome to hear it is going in the right direction!
DL
Posts
2627
Joined
8/20/2006
Location
Menifee, CA, USA
11/24/2012 8:14am
This is great news!
J.Saunders144
Posts
1216
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
St. Clair, MI, USA
11/24/2012 8:15am
So awesome to hear! Praying and hoping for the best for you and your family Jantz!
TerryK
Posts
9899
Joined
8/17/2006
Location
CA
11/24/2012 8:40am
SwapperMX wrote:
Wow, that truly does sound like a miracle. Really hope that we continue to hear more good news on Jantz's condition. Maybe we should take the...
Wow, that truly does sound like a miracle. Really hope that we continue to hear more good news on Jantz's condition.

Maybe we should take the other thread down ??
LouDog wrote:
I agree take it down.
Coyote wrote:
Yank that thread down asap!! Great news for the family and can only hope he keeps pulling through, prayers will be continual from our family!!
I deleted a bunch of stuff in that thread regarding track safety and some of the bickering. We'll leave it up for now.
JOHN CHOATE
Posts
2024
Joined
9/18/2008
Location
Dallas, NC, USA
11/24/2012 8:48am
That is fantastic news!!!!
35smom
Posts
1428
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Asbury, USA
11/24/2012 8:55am Edited Date/Time 11/24/2012 9:43am
Leave it up. John Choate was told by Jantz sister exactly what Jantzs dad said...he was considered brain dead with no chance. It wasn't posted as a rumor.
Instead of worrying about a post we should all be praying and thanking god this young man may pull through. I have a hard time even responding to these posts as I worry about Joey at every race now. I love his racing and am super proud of him....but everyday wonder if he should just walk away. Its tough
TX24
Posts
2767
Joined
5/7/2010
Location
San Antonio, TX, USA
11/24/2012 9:53am
That's great news.
11/24/2012 11:03am
All you can do is pray. I've worked in ICU's and this really does not look good. At his age he definitely has a better shot than the majority of people who go into cardiac arrest but if his spinal chord is snapped the ventilator is probably the only thing that is enabling him to breathe right now. All you can do is pray and I can't imagine what his family is going through right now.
JOHN CHOATE
Posts
2024
Joined
9/18/2008
Location
Dallas, NC, USA
11/24/2012 11:35am
Haven't heard anything recently. For those who believe, and my family does, please keep praying for this young man and his family.
FastEddy
Posts
14815
Joined
8/3/2008
Location
💀, FL, USA
11/24/2012 11:50am Edited Date/Time 11/24/2012 11:51am
Glad to read his condition has improved and there may be some hope.
Hopefully it keeps improving.
Barrett57
Posts
2270
Joined
8/31/2010
Location
GB
11/24/2012 2:09pm
Good news, really hope he pulls through.
Wolfman
Posts
2675
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Bixby, OK, USA
11/24/2012 2:15pm
Get well soon Jantz. I'm pulling for you brother.
bonseff
Posts
2125
Joined
3/29/2011
Location
Frisco, TX, USA
11/24/2012 2:16pm
Keep Fighting Kid!
Positive vibes and prayers sent to those close in these scary times.
mattmatt300
Posts
1457
Joined
3/30/2009
Location
Rockmart, GA, USA
11/24/2012 2:16pm
Hope he pulls through! Keep fighting!!!
Hut
Posts
10281
Joined
4/27/2010
Location
USA
11/24/2012 2:22pm
I have never met this young man or his family but I will keep them in my prayers. God Bless
DrSweden
Posts
6761
Joined
8/30/2008
Location
Stockholm, SE
11/24/2012 2:53pm
No need for attacking each other here. People feel bad for the kid and his family, it comes out different for us all. Reed between the lines arguments heros.

Hope the kid recovers, I can't imagine the fear, pain his family and friends are feeling. I hope they get some support.
mirramaxx
Posts
923
Joined
12/15/2011
Location
USA
11/24/2012 5:00pm
Praying for Jantz and his family!!
mx510
Posts
1993
Joined
2/26/2011
Location
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
11/24/2012 5:07pm
Prayers and best wishes to the family!!!!!!!!!
okieonayamaha
Posts
300
Joined
1/21/2010
Location
Somewhere, OK, USA
11/24/2012 5:22pm
I'm praying for the best for him and his family!!!!
Overdrive
Posts
1614
Joined
7/13/2008
Location
Fort Myers, FL, USA
11/24/2012 8:12pm
That is so good to hear, thoughts and prayer are going out to him and his continued improvement.
jhansen510
Posts
2405
Joined
2/10/2009
Location
GREENFIELD, MN, USA
11/24/2012 8:16pm
Anybody know anything more after this mornings announcement. I really would love nothing more than to hear he is going to pull through.
Falcon
Posts
12589
Joined
11/16/2011
Location
Menifee, CA, USA
11/24/2012 8:46pm
I haven't heard anything today but I'll post up if I see anything on his facebook page. Does anybody else have better/more inside info?
DCL36
Posts
249
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
11/24/2012 9:19pm
As much as I love moto... I hate this side of it just as much... At this point it's not looking good for Jantz it's very saddening. It's another sad day as this young man is losing a battle for his life from doing what he loved... The few times I talked to him in the pits he seemed to be polite good hearted young man.. God speed little moto grom.
burrito913
Posts
236
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Sandston, VA, USA
11/24/2012 9:31pm
From Jantz' Dad, Chris Grodzicki; Unfortunately Jantz' injuries are too severe to survive. He suffered a severed spinal cord at the base of his skull and it is improbable that he can recover. The body can not survive with this damage. The family will take him off life support in the next day or so. Godspeed #96!
exsarg
Posts
514
Joined
11/26/2010
Location
CA
11/24/2012 9:36pm
Dam. im so sorry.

Post a reply to: Jantz Has Brain Activity...

The Latest