Hired the Voice of the SX for son's High School Football intro.

BD49
8/30/2012 11:44pm Edited Date/Time 8/31/2012 5:35pm
I know this isn't technically Moto Related, but it's a voice we all know......

So, some of you guys may remember the voice mail greeting and text message notifications that I posted up last year where I had David, the guy who does the Supercross intro set it up for me.

Well, I figured hiring him to do an intro for the team my son plays on could be fun.

Let me know what ya think. I know the audio at the beginning is rough, that's my fault and I'm going to clean it up the best that I can. He's only responsible for the last 30 seconds or so. I figured this would be a good way to get the fans fired up before the team comes out the field house......the team will be running on the field to Eye of the Tiger that the band plays....I know I know, very original for a team called the Tigers....I hate it too, but it's their tradition.

I can never get videos to embed.
|
captmoto
8/31/2012 12:09am
I think it's awesome! I think everyone will get pumped up for that.
Trauma
8/31/2012 12:38am Edited Date/Time 8/31/2012 12:39am
https://youtu.be/Z55bS67twg0

To embed go to share then hit embed and copy/paste the code that shows up.
kawi216
8/31/2012 1:00am
Who exactly does the supercross intros.. And how did you go about hiring him to do it????
BD49
8/31/2012 1:20am
kawi216 wrote:
Who exactly does the supercross intros.. And how did you go about hiring him to do it????
His name is David Olejniczak and I had honestly googled the hell out of it for a long time and then last year, it just popped up. I know that Erv Braun kinda claimed on ThumperTalk it was him that did it, but it wasn't, it was Dave.

I emailed David last year and asked him if he would do some voice mail greetings and text message stuff for my son and I and he did for a very reasonable fee. We chatted about other things too, and he is a very friendly guy.

This year, I thought I would ask him if he would be interested in putting together something for my son's football team and he readily agreed. I'm not going to tell you what he charged me, but suffice it to say it was more than reasonable and a fraction of what I was willing to pay.

Here is the voicemail greeting: I know he charged me $25 or so to do this last year......

Voice Mail

He also did one without the "$10 Bucks" thing at the end, but I left it on there for a while because I hate when people leave me voicemails. I only replaced it when my grandfather got confused......lol

You can contact him at:

davidleeimaging@gmail.com

Just tell him you saw it here.....he's very friendly.

The Shop

Wolfman
8/31/2012 2:28am
I think its bad ass! That voice always makes my neck hair stand on end.
jleews6
8/31/2012 4:15am
That's some cool stuff and I'm sure those kids will be pumped.
kawi216
8/31/2012 4:33am
Awesome man!!!! I have also googled the hell out of it for along time haha and came up with like 3 different possible people. Thanks for sharing and the info.
BobbyM
8/31/2012 11:13am
you must be loaded.. or the school is.Wink
Skip376
8/31/2012 11:14am
I think it's cool.

It's honestly an interesting fact to know because I always thought it was a voice altercation machine that did it. Had no idea if was a real guy.
BD49
8/31/2012 11:26am
BobbyM wrote:
you must be loaded.. or the school is.Wink
Nah. If I were still loaded, my son would still be racing. Like I said, it was a fraction of what I was expecting to pay. I'm certain that the rates for normal people aren't the rates he charges Corporations..... Depending on the vehicle he drives, I doubt he could even fill it up two times based on what he charged me and also depending on what he drives, it's possible he couldn't even fill it up at all.

Skip,

I asked him if that was his real voice and he said that he uses a compression and other effects to achieve "The Sound," but for the most part it's his voice. The guy who produces the introduction videos chimed in on Thumpertalk and said he speaks to Dave on the phone on a regular basis and that is indeed his real voice.

UK,

I used a set of high quality speakers and my speakerphone to record the audio to my voice mail. It turned out pretty good, much better than I was expecting.
DPR250R
8/31/2012 11:54am Edited Date/Time 8/31/2012 11:55am
I think it's really cool for the kids.

I am looking forward to moving on to something else for supercross intros though. It's very "gimmicky" and monster truckish.
MeTed
Fantasy
1388th
8/31/2012 12:01pm
That intro kicks ass. Good Job!
BD49
8/31/2012 12:17pm
DPR250R wrote:
I think it's really cool for the kids. I am looking forward to moving on to something else for supercross intros though. It's very "gimmicky" and...

I am looking forward to moving on to something else for supercross intros though. It's very "gimmicky" and monster truckish.
The thing is, Supercross accomodates the Monster Truck crowd. Half of the people there really have no clue.....and by lap 10 they can't even spot the leader.

Supercross is all about the "show." IMO.

UK,

You need a male to male 3.5mm cable to connect your droid to your computers MIC OUT. go to set up voicemail greeting on your droid and just before it says after the beep to record your message plug into your droid headphone jack. make sure you all ready have the 3.5mm connected to your computers mic out. Listen a few times to time when it beeps to avoid any possible static when connecting.
play the mp3. then press # when mp3 stops or whenever. Message recorded. Smile I was too lazy to do that.
DPR250R
8/31/2012 12:26pm
DPR250R wrote:
I think it's really cool for the kids. I am looking forward to moving on to something else for supercross intros though. It's very "gimmicky" and...

BD49 wrote:
The thing is, Supercross accomodates the Monster Truck crowd. Half of the people there really have no clue.....and by lap 10 they can't even spot the...
The thing is, Supercross accomodates the Monster Truck crowd. Half of the people there really have no clue.....and by lap 10 they can't even spot the leader.

Supercross is all about the "show." IMO.

UK,

You need a male to male 3.5mm cable to connect your droid to your computers MIC OUT. go to set up voicemail greeting on your droid and just before it says after the beep to record your message plug into your droid headphone jack. make sure you all ready have the 3.5mm connected to your computers mic out. Listen a few times to time when it beeps to avoid any possible static when connecting.
play the mp3. then press # when mp3 stops or whenever. Message recorded. Smile I was too lazy to do that.
I can respect and understand that answer. I guess the bottom line is ticket sales and getting people in the stands. You have to do whatever works.

Anyway... doing something lke this for your kid is really cool. Bet he is stoked!
jmc2
Fantasy
1690th
8/31/2012 12:30pm
One of the local radio station uses his voice...I think they are Clear Channel related, could be wrong though..
BD49
8/31/2012 12:33pm
I don't even know if they will use it. I did it on a whim.

I figured I would catch the coach after practice next week, (he's also the Athletic Director) and let him hear it first. It's something that, in my opinion, wouldn't sound so great as a concept as it would by having the finished product. If they don't use it (which I can't imagine) then it was a fun thing to do anyway and a minimal loss of money.

It's a very very small town and there really is nothing to do there except go to high school football games.

I've taken many first timers to a Supercross before, and I do enjoy the opening ceremonies. Even if they aren't into MX/SX, I would have a hard time explaining how great the opening sequences are, but usually, that is the thing most of them have liked the most.
BD49
8/31/2012 12:41pm Edited Date/Time 8/31/2012 12:41pm
UK,

I have no idea. I've never even touched an iPad. Smile

But yes, he does it up and send you the greeting as an MP3.
Xeno
8/31/2012 12:41pm
That is so cool- thanks for sharing the dude's contact info.

That guy's voice is awesome!
BD49
8/31/2012 12:44pm
jmc2 wrote:
One of the local radio station uses his voice...I think they are Clear Channel related, could be wrong though..
He does the NFL voice imaginf for Westwood One stations, but I have heard him doing commercials (mainly for SX and Monster Trucks) on Clear Channel stations.
jasonv43
8/31/2012 1:02pm Edited Date/Time 8/31/2012 1:02pm
That is some serious BS right there. I wanted to hire him back in 2008 to do the intro's for my wedding. Had to track him down and ended up talking to the guys at Clear Channel. Long story short they said he doesn't do anything other then what they allow him to do which was all the motorsports related stuff.

I was bummed.
jkkt
8/31/2012 2:21pm
Very cool BD49 - hope you guys are doing great!
BD49
8/31/2012 5:13pm
jasonv43 wrote:
That is some serious BS right there. I wanted to hire him back in 2008 to do the intro's for my wedding. Had to track him...
That is some serious BS right there. I wanted to hire him back in 2008 to do the intro's for my wedding. Had to track him down and ended up talking to the guys at Clear Channel. Long story short they said he doesn't do anything other then what they allow him to do which was all the motorsports related stuff.

I was bummed.
In 2008 I couldn't even get Denny Hartwig to tell me his name. It's hard to say what kind of contract restrictions were laid upon him back then, but Clear Channel was super secretive about his identity/

JKKT,

We're doing well. Hope the same for you guys. I was looking Max up on the Loretta results every day but I could never find out what happened.
Hank_Thrill
8/31/2012 5:35pm
That is awesome!

Dude has a gnarly voice.

Wouldn't it be funny if he was a scrawny little old dude?
stangkag
6/12/2020 8:02pm
kawi216 wrote:
BD49 wrote:
His name is David Olejniczak and I had honestly googled the hell out of it for a long time and then last year, it just popped...
His name is David Olejniczak and I had honestly googled the hell out of it for a long time and then last year, it just popped up. I know that Erv Braun kinda claimed on ThumperTalk it was him that did it, but it wasn't, it was Dave.

I emailed David last year and asked him if he would do some voice mail greetings and text message stuff for my son and I and he did for a very reasonable fee. We chatted about other things too, and he is a very friendly guy.

This year, I thought I would ask him if he would be interested in putting together something for my son's football team and he readily agreed. I'm not going to tell you what he charged me, but suffice it to say it was more than reasonable and a fraction of what I was willing to pay.

Here is the voicemail greeting: I know he charged me $25 or so to do this last year......

Voice Mail

He also did one without the "$10 Bucks" thing at the end, but I left it on there for a while because I hate when people leave me voicemails. I only replaced it when my grandfather got confused......lol

You can contact him at:

Thank you so much for this info, I reached out to David to see about making a voiceover for a little 5 yo kid that needs his spirits lifted and he agreed to help make it happen! You rock!
SEE ARE125
6/12/2020 8:07pm
kawi216 wrote:
BD49 wrote:
His name is David Olejniczak and I had honestly googled the hell out of it for a long time and then last year, it just popped...

Voice Mail

You can contact him at:

stangkag wrote:
Thank you so much for this info, I reached out to David to see about making a voiceover for a little 5 yo kid that needs...
Thank you so much for this info, I reached out to David to see about making a voiceover for a little 5 yo kid that needs his spirits lifted and he agreed to help make it happen! You rock!
That’s a genius idea! Kudos stangkag!
kage173
6/12/2020 8:36pm
Dude this is so awesome. You have reset the bar for motodad. Great job!
Sierra Ranger
6/12/2020 9:50pm
I played football as a kid, although not at that level, and if I heard that intro from another team, I'd be like "Oh shit, these guys are serious!" Double-like.
6/12/2020 10:31pm
kawi216 wrote:
David Lee is his name, in 1979, 80 I was in jr high. Get home from school. David was a dj for wapl radio station in Appleton wi., he played where all clones by Alice Cooper or London Calling by The Clash. We grew up listening to him. I hv a much better voice, I,ve been told for many years. Low smooth very cool and sensual. Women in a steam room even, say I never heard a hotter voice in my Life. If SX wants 40 k more chics in the stadium. You contract me, contract must include helicopter to stadium, 10x what the winning racer gets, 7 full time professional hot massage chics, unlimited Beer and Polish brandy. 1,800 lbs of tenderloin. Prepared by a chef of my choice, a fire works display that covers the sky with explosions spelling my name. Van Halen playing live in my honor when my aircraft tounches the ground. And a Huge Gold ring, that everyone has to kiss. Be addressed as your honor of the world,s sexiest voice, make it sexy. Make us sexy, make it all sexy. Green grapes and dark chocolate KitKats.Smile

Post a reply to: Hired the Voice of the SX for son's High School Football intro.

The Latest