Goodwill deal of the day...

JM485
6/20/2020 11:49am
FFS are you going to pay for the life of the motorcycle rider behind you that hits that thing if it comes off on the freeway? It’s scaring me to think that someone who rides has so little regard for what could happen to the people around them for their stupid decisions, that thing is not safe plain and simple and you’re not going to be the one paying the price for your screw up.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
6/20/2020 11:57am
JM485 wrote:
FFS are you going to pay for the life of the motorcycle rider behind you that hits that thing if it comes off on the freeway...
FFS are you going to pay for the life of the motorcycle rider behind you that hits that thing if it comes off on the freeway? It’s scaring me to think that someone who rides has so little regard for what could happen to the people around them for their stupid decisions, that thing is not safe plain and simple and you’re not going to be the one paying the price for your screw up.
I have no idea how those things can be legal in the first place.
plowboy
6/20/2020 12:04pm
Boomslang wrote:
I have no idea how those things can be legal in the first place.
Off topic...Boomerang, I don't have a clue about Latin but does your tag line translate to, "I don't give a rat's ass?")
aeffertz
6/20/2020 12:10pm
So the good news is this retails for $280 and this was a heck of a deal. The bad news is that this is what it...
So the good news is this retails for $280 and this was a heck of a deal.

The bad news is that this is what it looks like in action:

Wow that top one is insane. Nearly dragging on the ground and all held in place with cam buckle straps instead of ratchet straps. Imagine hitting a bump in the road with that and having it bounce? Yikes!

The Shop

gharmon
6/20/2020 12:29pm
Damn, i never would have thought this would cause this much negative controversy. I guess im the actual retard here. So are yall just saying they hauler is a piece of shit? Is that total in general or do you think the closest ramp would be okay?
Why have i not seen people so hard on bike haulers here before and im a 15 year member of this site (before vital was vital).
I see people using bike haulers all the time. I will admit i dont see many of the two racks in use but i see many racks in use.
If i cut the back rack off is it usuable?
They main thing that i saw when seeing his is like atime when i go buy a bike for my grandson thats 5-6 hours away. It would be neat to use the escape and save miles on my diesel. And its way better on gas that the diesel is. So just for something ike that do yall believe the front portion is still unuseable?
Im not being a smartass and arguing. Before i chunk it is it usuable at all? How about for even a cheap bike rack. I have a couple bicycles as well.
Does the 400lb capacity stamped on it mean anything at all? Is the weight rating just some shit that was stamped on there? Btw i never plan to put 400lbs on that.

As for the smartass claiming i need a real tow vehicle, first off the escape has a class III and is secured very well so according to resesrch and Ford rating the ESCAPE is not the problem here. Its capable of a 100lb bike hanging a foot off the back. Probable not 3ft off like the back rack is.

Back to the smartass making fun of my tow vehicle, bitch i have a freaking F250 diesel pickup.
Just for freaking argument i also have a 33 ft toy hauler, a 12ft enclosed, a 10ft open AND a 3 rail bike trailer.. shit. I never said this was the only way i had to get to and from the track..

Geez, seriously though, i asked some legitimate questions for some of you guys to answer if you would be so kind as to answer and not try and make me feel like a road monster. I understand what tragic loss is trust me. I lost a son less than a year ago, so i get what kind of loss shit could be. Thats why i am asking. Not asking to see how many of you want to call me a fucking idiot.

Thanks,

Gerald
plowboy
6/20/2020 12:41pm
Brother, I said in my first reply...it's probably usable if you eliminate that aft ramp. Still a real good bargain for what you paid. Any weight on that aft carrier is multiplied exponentially at the receiver. Even 100lbs 5 ft behind the receiver could easily be multiplied greatly. Add a big bump...ouch. Do this over and over...stress adds up.
neverwas
Fantasy
740th
6/20/2020 12:48pm
Cut off the back rack and use it for small bikes,
gharmon
plowboy wrote:
Brother, I said in my first reply...it's probably usable if you eliminate that aft ramp. Still a real good bargain for what you paid. Any weight...
Brother, I said in my first reply...it's probably usable if you eliminate that aft ramp. Still a real good bargain for what you paid. Any weight on that aft carrier is multiplied exponentially at the receiver. Even 100lbs 5 ft behind the receiver could easily be multiplied greatly. Add a big bump...ouch. Do this over and over...stress adds up.
Thanks for the legit reply. And you state several things that seemed lije you know why more than me and i appreciate your insight.
Granted i saw the price and i know what they cost. It was probably more of the idea of a deal than the actual hauler. I go with her all the time and never see shit. I was actually looking for weedeater but saw that and was like wow, good deal. Probably just an impulse buy.
1983YZ125
Fantasy
1406th
gharmon wrote:
Damn, i never would have thought this would cause this much negative controversy. I guess im the actual retard here. So are yall just saying they...
Damn, i never would have thought this would cause this much negative controversy. I guess im the actual retard here. So are yall just saying they hauler is a piece of shit? Is that total in general or do you think the closest ramp would be okay?
Why have i not seen people so hard on bike haulers here before and im a 15 year member of this site (before vital was vital).
I see people using bike haulers all the time. I will admit i dont see many of the two racks in use but i see many racks in use.
If i cut the back rack off is it usuable?
They main thing that i saw when seeing his is like atime when i go buy a bike for my grandson thats 5-6 hours away. It would be neat to use the escape and save miles on my diesel. And its way better on gas that the diesel is. So just for something ike that do yall believe the front portion is still unuseable?
Im not being a smartass and arguing. Before i chunk it is it usuable at all? How about for even a cheap bike rack. I have a couple bicycles as well.
Does the 400lb capacity stamped on it mean anything at all? Is the weight rating just some shit that was stamped on there? Btw i never plan to put 400lbs on that.

As for the smartass claiming i need a real tow vehicle, first off the escape has a class III and is secured very well so according to resesrch and Ford rating the ESCAPE is not the problem here. Its capable of a 100lb bike hanging a foot off the back. Probable not 3ft off like the back rack is.

Back to the smartass making fun of my tow vehicle, bitch i have a freaking F250 diesel pickup.
Just for freaking argument i also have a 33 ft toy hauler, a 12ft enclosed, a 10ft open AND a 3 rail bike trailer.. shit. I never said this was the only way i had to get to and from the track..

Geez, seriously though, i asked some legitimate questions for some of you guys to answer if you would be so kind as to answer and not try and make me feel like a road monster. I understand what tragic loss is trust me. I lost a son less than a year ago, so i get what kind of loss shit could be. Thats why i am asking. Not asking to see how many of you want to call me a fucking idiot.

Thanks,

Gerald
You're old enough to have a grand son but immature enough to get suckered into responding like that? Huh

Take the thread for what it's worth and that's the information that dual bike carriers are sketchy. Thankfully you spent $25 on it instead of the full price of new. Likely could post on craigslist or facebook and sell it for more than that same day.

I have used a single of that style before a couple times as i needed a way with my old truck to fit 4 bikes for a trip out west. I was paranoid every time someone was tail gating or swerving around me when going thru congested areas, having multiple close calls with someone hitting my bike. After using mine twice, i got rid of it. Thankfully the new truck i can fit our 4 bikes in the bed (2 dirt bikes & 2 trials bikes).
plowboy
6/20/2020 1:00pm
plowboy wrote:
Brother, I said in my first reply...it's probably usable if you eliminate that aft ramp. Still a real good bargain for what you paid. Any weight...
gharmon wrote:
Thanks for the legit reply. And you state several things that seemed lije you know why more than me and i appreciate your insight. Granted i...
Thanks for the legit reply. And you state several things that seemed lije you know why more than me and i appreciate your insight.
Granted i saw the price and i know what they cost. It was probably more of the idea of a deal than the actual hauler. I go with her all the time and never see shit. I was actually looking for weedeater but saw that and was like wow, good deal. Probably just an impulse buy.
It's all good man. I really don't have a heartache with that hauler as a single. With either vehicle you are using. 25 bucks to be able to carry a bike behind an Suv is an awesome deal. Congrats.
RalphS
6/20/2020 1:23pm
plowboy wrote:
gharmon wrote:
Thanks for the legit reply. And you state several things that seemed lije you know why more than me and i appreciate your insight. Granted i...
Impulse buy as all of us do. You're good, $25 is less than a good steak and a beer and you can do plenty of things with that new toy. One cool and tedious project is securely adding an axle/wheels with multiple support and then you have a nice safe trailer.

In another note, I understand your situation and deeply sad lost. That been said, if you bring something to the internet expect to get the haters/jokers on board. Most aren't even serious, take them at face value and don't pay attention to helpless comments. If you let it get to you you're losing.
gharmon
6/20/2020 2:04pm Edited Date/Time 6/20/2020 2:05pm
plowboy wrote:
gharmon wrote:
RalphS wrote:
Impulse buy as all of us do. You're good, $25 is less than a good steak and a beer and you can do plenty of things...
Impulse buy as all of us do. You're good, $25 is less than a good steak and a beer and you can do plenty of things with that new toy. One cool and tedious project is securely adding an axle/wheels with multiple support and then you have a nice safe trailer.

In another note, I understand your situation and deeply sad lost. That been said, if you bring something to the internet expect to get the haters/jokers on board. Most aren't even serious, take them at face value and don't pay attention to helpless comments. If you let it get to you you're losing.
This is true. Ive already wasted too much time on this thread. I even contemplated hitting the post button when i did. But i did it. Honestly i never viewed them as sketchy as i see them used all the time. But now ive learned most folks think its unsafe and ive learned something i didnt know. Unfortunately, i responded like a dumbass to some posts when i should have let it go. I been here for 15 years, i should know better.. lesson learned.
plowboy
6/20/2020 2:46pm
gharmon wrote:
RalphS wrote:
Impulse buy as all of us do. You're good, $25 is less than a good steak and a beer and you can do plenty of things...

gharmon wrote:
This is true. Ive already wasted too much time on this thread. I even contemplated hitting the post button when i did. But i did it...
This is true. Ive already wasted too much time on this thread. I even contemplated hitting the post button when i did. But i did it. Honestly i never viewed them as sketchy as i see them used all the time. But now ive learned most folks think its unsafe and ive learned something i didnt know. Unfortunately, i responded like a dumbass to some posts when i should have let it go. I been here for 15 years, i should know better.. lesson learned.
I don't remember you posting crap. And don't consider this post b.s either. What you bought can be usable...lightly modified. Truck on moto bro.
MaxPower
8/29/2020 8:44am
I saw a couple guys show up riding all the time with a double bike rack with 2 450s on it. They hauled them with a Ram 1500. I thought it was a cantilever nightmare but as far as I know they never had issues. And we parked a few miles from the road with whooped fire roads .
I would think after loading a couple straps from the outside ramp up to the corners of the bed would take stress off the hitch. You could also place lighter items like chairs, stands or a cooler on it too. This might be a tough crowd but nothing like douchebag responses I see on facebook

Post a reply to: Goodwill deal of the day...

The Latest