Dungey Shift

davistld01
Posts
9365
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Springfield, MO, USA
Edited Date/Time 5/7/2017 3:57am
No matter what Ryan Dungey does or doesn't do after tonight's race, I'll always remember this...



|
5/6/2017 7:55pm
Ya, but he's a boring rider..........lol
defeatist45
Posts
790
Joined
1/13/2010
Location
Raleigh, NC, USA
5/6/2017 7:56pm
Funny. I posted this to Facebook about an hour ago lol
tprice07
Posts
2384
Joined
9/29/2009
Location
Fort Dodge, IA, USA
5/6/2017 7:57pm
TbonesPop wrote:
Ya, but he's a boring rider..........lol
Not so much a boring rider. Last year his aggression was pretty fun to watch. So in control and coils dial it up at any point.

He is just too much of a company man at times. I guess he thinks being pc is what sponsors want.
rancor19
Posts
570
Joined
10/15/2016
Location
Springfield, OR, USA
5/6/2017 8:01pm
davistld01 wrote:
No matter what Ryan Dungey does or doesn't do after tonight's race, I'll always remember this... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/05/06/193220/s1200_IMG_0502.jpg[/img]
No matter what Ryan Dungey does or doesn't do after tonight's race, I'll always remember this...



"Grabbin' fourth"

The Shop

5/6/2017 8:04pm
electric start, manuals shift,... crazy austrians
RangerLee
Posts
946
Joined
7/23/2013
Location
Spring City, PA, USA
5/6/2017 9:02pm
davistld01 wrote:
No matter what Ryan Dungey does or doesn't do after tonight's race, I'll always remember this... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/05/06/193220/s1200_IMG_0502.jpg[/img]
No matter what Ryan Dungey does or doesn't do after tonight's race, I'll always remember this...



That picture is great, seriously, is there one of any of the other great riders like this? There are plenty of them jumping high, scrubbing low, railing a berm. This picture right here though, this is so unique, third main event, shifting with his hand. He could have pulled aside, the Million was already lost, but as a racer, the race was not.

How can people hate when you see this type of focus and commitment. I honestly believe everyone one of the pros we are watching now would do the same thing should they find themselves in it, the difference here is, it actually happened.
5/6/2017 9:10pm


.....boring
1
Corey_Tallent
Posts
200
Joined
7/21/2011
Location
Douglasville, GA, USA
5/6/2017 11:16pm
or the fact that he raced a full main event with a cracked collarbone and nearly caught Villopoto in the process. Definitely not an exciting rider to watch.

If it is Dungey's last year, the guy has given me something to look forward to for the past 7 years (that I have been watching consistently and it was because of him) and I set my seasons by Supercross/Motocross/and football and thus am filled all year around. He has been a wonderful representative of the sport of supercross/motocross and ive taken a lot of crap by Poto fans (not on the board but in real life) for sticking up for Ryan through it all, but the guy is the epitome of everything I "wish" I could remotely strive to be and he is truly a down to earth person at the end of the day.

Congrats Ryan!
wfo4ever
Posts
789
Joined
8/3/2014
Location
USA
5/6/2017 11:38pm
Dungey is probably drinking a lot of H2O on the rocks and getting crazy tonight. He should go partying with Emig and see how he to really celebrate a championship. Congrats to Dungey for being Dungey, ne should retire now and enjoy life.
KirkChandler
Posts
1678
Joined
7/31/2015
Location
Oceanside, CA, USA
5/7/2017 3:24am
wfo4ever wrote:
Dungey is probably drinking a lot of H2O on the rocks and getting crazy tonight. He should go partying with Emig and see how he to...
Dungey is probably drinking a lot of H2O on the rocks and getting crazy tonight. He should go partying with Emig and see how he to really celebrate a championship. Congrats to Dungey for being Dungey, ne should retire now and enjoy life.
He knows how to party. But work comes first.
5/7/2017 3:55am Edited Date/Time 5/7/2017 3:57am
TbonesPop wrote:
Ya, but he's a boring rider..........lol
tprice07 wrote:
Not so much a boring rider. Last year his aggression was pretty fun to watch. So in control and coils dial it up at any point...
Not so much a boring rider. Last year his aggression was pretty fun to watch. So in control and coils dial it up at any point.

He is just too much of a company man at times. I guess he thinks being pc is what sponsors want.
I swear some of you must still be in elementary school and will hopefully never inherit a business. That being PC dude just won his sponsors and employers 8 national titles along with playing a major role of getting our sport more exposure with things like winning two ESPY's and bringing in sponsors like Target and Nike along with James.

For christ sakes the guy was on a Wheaties box. If you would of asked me back in the 80's if we would have a motocross rider on a box of Wheaties before we put a MX rider on moon I would of laughed at you. But since he bores some of you I'm sure the sport will do much better with him not around since you claim "your view" is what the majority of fans want.


You guys would vote Hannie on the box of Wheaties before you would Dungey. That be great for our sport to bring in more bro shows.

tprice07
Posts
2384
Joined
9/29/2009
Location
Fort Dodge, IA, USA
5/7/2017 4:56am
TbonesPop wrote:
Ya, but he's a boring rider..........lol
tprice07 wrote:
Not so much a boring rider. Last year his aggression was pretty fun to watch. So in control and coils dial it up at any point...
Not so much a boring rider. Last year his aggression was pretty fun to watch. So in control and coils dial it up at any point.

He is just too much of a company man at times. I guess he thinks being pc is what sponsors want.
I swear some of you must still be in elementary school and will hopefully never inherit a business. That being PC dude just won his sponsors...
I swear some of you must still be in elementary school and will hopefully never inherit a business. That being PC dude just won his sponsors and employers 8 national titles along with playing a major role of getting our sport more exposure with things like winning two ESPY's and bringing in sponsors like Target and Nike along with James.

For christ sakes the guy was on a Wheaties box. If you would of asked me back in the 80's if we would have a motocross rider on a box of Wheaties before we put a MX rider on moon I would of laughed at you. But since he bores some of you I'm sure the sport will do much better with him not around since you claim "your view" is what the majority of fans want.


You guys would vote Hannie on the box of Wheaties before you would Dungey. That be great for our sport to bring in more bro shows.

This is an entertainment sport. Giving generic answers is not entertaining.

I should clarify. I believe this is how many fans view it, not me alone. I respect the guy, just generally he isn't doing nearly what he could have. McGrath and Pastrana were on late night Tv. Growing the sport outside our industry.

Why would I inherit a business? I am perfectly capable of building my own. Did you inherit yours?

Calm down.
bturner26x
Posts
3160
Joined
5/11/2012
Location
Acworth, GA, USA
5/7/2017 5:20am
bodean123 wrote:
[img]http://cdn.supercross.com/images/stories/features/2011/ryandungey-southwick/20110827-ryandungey-moto2-17.jpg[/img] .....boring


.....boring
That was an epic ride by a true champion. Loved that race.

Post a reply to: Dungey Shift

The Latest