DUNGEY!

Bultaco
Edited Date/Time 5/27/2014 7:40am
Found a proxy link and was able to watch the last six laps of the 2nd 450 moto. Dungey's pass a couple corners from the finish was damn cool. Except maybe for KR.

Ryan Dungey looked good. Good to see him on top.
|
machine
5/25/2014 7:00am
He rode awesome!...maybe this is a sign that he's going to be aggressive when he needs to this season. I sure hope so. Roczen is going to be tough this season too.
Flip109
5/25/2014 8:26am
When RV is gone Dungey's lil confidence goes up and he turns into the terminator lolEvil
RandyS
5/25/2014 8:45am
Where has that guy been the last couple of years?

The Shop

RandyS
5/25/2014 9:03am
RandyS wrote:
Where has that guy been the last couple of years?
Behind RV.
That guy might not have been, that's the guy that was beating RV outdoors on a Suzuki with too small a gas tank.
tvo314
5/25/2014 9:45am
That was a hell of ride by Dungey with a great pass. But, it shouldn't be too much of a surprise for anyone. Roczen will be back for more I'm sure.
wildbill
5/25/2014 10:48am
That was great. I might have woke up our neighbors 1/2 mile away with my excitement at that beautiful pass.
5/25/2014 10:54am
Great ride by Dungey.Congratulations too for Kenny who rode awesome for his first 450 outdoor race.Smile
ATKpilot99
5/25/2014 11:04am
It kind of reminded me of a few years ago when RV stalked Dungey the whole moto then got him right at the end.
Ing
5/25/2014 11:05am
I told my Dad before the races (83yrs. old and watches every week) that he will hear no negative comments from me this year about Dungey. RD has been my favorite racer since his early days on the 250 Suzy. While I do get frustrated with his lack of aggression at times, that's the way he is and he isn't going to change now. He has a head on his shoulders and uses it. Look forwards to more W's out of RD this year.
5/26/2014 11:19pm
That win just bumped him to second on the all time, on the 450 MX win list, with 28 overall wins. His consistency has really paid off. Since his first pro race in 2006, 161 races have been held (that he was eligible to ride in) and Dungey has only missed 7 races total due to injuries. That doesn't even count his races in 450 SX when he was a 250 rider, the US Open, the Monster Cup or the five times at MXdN.

Ricky Carmichael Havana, FL 76
Ryan Dungey Belle Plaine, MN 28
Bob Hannah Carson City, NV 27
Ricky Johnson El Cajon, CA 22
James Stewart Haines City, FL 19
Kent Howerton San Antonio, TX 18
Jeff Emig Riverside, CA 16
Jeremy McGrath Encinitas, CA 15
Jeff Ward SJ Capistrano, CA 13
Mike Kiedrowski Acton, CA 12
downard254
5/27/2014 3:10am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
It kind of reminded me of a few years ago when RV stalked Dungey the whole moto then got him right at the end.
That's exactly what it thought when I saw the pass. When the last lap started, I told my son, there's no way Dungey passes for the win now, my how I was wrong. Great ride RD5. I know some were predicting Stewart to put it to Dungey and win the title, but I knew at some point JS7 would have some kind of issue. He can't afford too many more as number 5 is way too consistent, as I expect 94 to be near him most of the season too.
Dx3moto
5/27/2014 3:17am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
You learn from your mistakes, and if you're good you apply them to your competition when the opportunity comes upon yourself Cool
IWreckALot
5/27/2014 4:30am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
downard254 wrote:
That's exactly what it thought when I saw the pass. When the last lap started, I told my son, there's no way Dungey passes for the...
That's exactly what it thought when I saw the pass. When the last lap started, I told my son, there's no way Dungey passes for the win now, my how I was wrong. Great ride RD5. I know some were predicting Stewart to put it to Dungey and win the title, but I knew at some point JS7 would have some kind of issue. He can't afford too many more as number 5 is way too consistent, as I expect 94 to be near him most of the season too.
With 2 laps to go, that lapper really screwed Dungey but I think after seeing that he could catch KRoc once, he figured he could do it again. I was really surprised that KRoc let it happen. I thought for sure he would push the pace to the end but it's almost like he took the gap for granted and relaxed slightly for a half a lap. Exciting ending for sure.
5/27/2014 4:58am
dungeys an animal outdoors! i think it will be between him and roczen for the title this year- it will be interesting to see if any of the others can mix it up with them on a regular basis.

Not many people talking about roczens 450 debut- almost winning both motos (and the overall) - finishing a close 2nd to dungey! pretty impressive in my opinion. Great ride from canard too coming back from injury
Crush
5/27/2014 6:45am
IWreckALot wrote:
With 2 laps to go, that lapper really screwed Dungey but I think after seeing that he could catch KRoc once, he figured he could do...
With 2 laps to go, that lapper really screwed Dungey but I think after seeing that he could catch KRoc once, he figured he could do it again. I was really surprised that KRoc let it happen. I thought for sure he would push the pace to the end but it's almost like he took the gap for granted and relaxed slightly for a half a lap. Exciting ending for sure.
Ya I said in another post that it might have been the best thing for the Dunge. Put him in a position where he had to catch and pass him straight away, there was no time to do his usual wait and see thing. He had to do it and for maybe the first time in forever, he just did!
IWreckALot
5/27/2014 7:05am
Crush wrote:
Ya I said in another post that it might have been the best thing for the Dunge. Put him in a position where he had to...
Ya I said in another post that it might have been the best thing for the Dunge. Put him in a position where he had to catch and pass him straight away, there was no time to do his usual wait and see thing. He had to do it and for maybe the first time in forever, he just did!
You definitely saw Dungey make the decision to not sit back and accept second. He turned it up a notch. And I insinuated a couple of times that KRoc backed it down just a notch but I haven't really looked at lap times. I'd like to see those. Dungey had that look in his eye that you know he's about to do something awesome.

That track was a very line oriented track. If you didn't pick just the right lines, it cost you. And I think KRoc was at a disadvantage all moto not being able to see where RD was making up time.
Sandberm
5/27/2014 7:10am
I also thought that pass reminded me of the move RV put on Dunge a few years ago.

It was nice to see Ryan be aggressive like that and it makes you wonder why he doesnt make moves like that on RV. But the fact is Dunge is rarely that close nor does RV let him get that close in the final lap for Dunge to try something like that.

Not that I need a display of excitement to be happy with the racing, but it was nice to see Dunge throw his fist up after the finish line. Stark contrast to Ken hanging his head. Racing at its best.
davistld01
5/27/2014 7:40am
Three guys rode at GH like they had chips on their shoulders and had something to prove...Grant, Martin & Dungey. The rest of the top guys seemed to be riding like it was "the first round". Those three were going for the W, no matter what!

Post a reply to: DUNGEY!

The Latest