Cooper Webb vs. Sturt Edmonds! Ding Ding!

Edited Date/Time 9/30/2015 1:46pm
Anyone know what their row was all about?? I know Webb has a rep as a bit of a badass, but he's just a kid compared to the mad Irishman!
|
h&m_cycle
9/26/2015 10:13am
Looks like he finished 17th and was the last guy to be lapped, something about in the way, I'm sure...
jeffro503
9/26/2015 10:15am
That Irish was mad because coop put him down 7 seconds per lap. He had to come over at yell at Coop now , because after the gate drops , he'll never see him again , until Coop puts him a lap down. Gotta try and make a name for yourself while the whole world is watching ya know?
kongols
9/26/2015 10:17am
jeffro503 wrote:
That Irish was mad because coop put him down 7 seconds per lap. He had to come over at yell at Coop now , because after...
That Irish was mad because coop put him down 7 seconds per lap. He had to come over at yell at Coop now , because after the gate drops , he'll never see him again , until Coop puts him a lap down. Gotta try and make a name for yourself while the whole world is watching ya know?
This must be it.BlinkDryDizzy
jeffro503
9/26/2015 10:20am
jeffro503 wrote:
That Irish was mad because coop put him down 7 seconds per lap. He had to come over at yell at Coop now , because after...
kongols wrote:
Well obviously the dude has an issue. And he was seconds away from getting lapped. maybe he's mad out of complete embarrassment? A rookie kid , 1/2 his size just whooped him. Laughing

The Shop

FlaNard
9/26/2015 10:30am
Cooper is what, 19 and half a midget? Takes balls to get pissed at a guy who looks like he's still in junior high.
brimx153
9/26/2015 10:35am
jeffro503 wrote:
kongols wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Well obviously the dude has an issue. And he was seconds away from getting lapped. maybe he's mad out of complete embarrassment? A rookie kid...
Well obviously the dude has an issue. And he was seconds away from getting lapped. maybe he's mad out of complete embarrassment? A rookie kid , 1/2 his size just whooped him. Laughing
Jeffro , will you shut up with all this shit about Cooper , being a rookie kid ,and 10th place ama national guy !!. why the fuck would anyone be embarrassed get lapped by him . Cooper can be a complete asshole . you can even hear him say sorry in the vid . just cause he is faster , does nt mean he is in the right .
TMV
9/26/2015 10:36am
jeffro503 wrote:
Or maybe... Webb was about to lap him, Edmonds blocked him a bit, Cooper flew into a temper and threw names at the wrong guy? It seems Cooper has been disrespectful or had problems with a lot of riders lately. Pourcel last year, Bowers in SX, then Musquin, now Edmonds. It's not always the others fault you know.
Sandberm
9/26/2015 10:38am Edited Date/Time 9/26/2015 10:48am
EDIT: Found the link in the race thread.

Looks like Coop told him he was swerving all over the track.
brimx153
9/26/2015 10:40am
jeffro503 wrote:
TMV wrote:
Or maybe... Webb was about to lap him, Edmonds blocked him a bit, Cooper flew into a temper and threw names at the wrong guy? It...
Or maybe... Webb was about to lap him, Edmonds blocked him a bit, Cooper flew into a temper and threw names at the wrong guy? It seems Cooper has been disrespectful or had problems with a lot of riders lately. Pourcel last year, Bowers in SX, then Musquin, now Edmonds. It's not always the others fault you know.
this , its not like the guy has a history of this crap !!! buy i guess he is fast ,so he can do want ever he want s ,eh Jeffro
TMV
9/26/2015 10:40am Edited Date/Time 9/26/2015 10:42am
FlaNard wrote:
Cooper is what, 19 and half a midget? Takes balls to get pissed at a guy who looks like he's still in junior high.
RC is 36 and will ever look half a midget.

TMV
9/26/2015 10:44am
At the end of the day, whatever happened, Cooper apologized so it's all good...
watson
9/26/2015 10:45am
So we have a lot of theories per which side of the Atlantic you happen to be on, but does anyone know what actually happened?
FlaNard
9/26/2015 10:46am
FlaNard wrote:
TMV wrote:
RC is 36 and will ever look half a midget.

Haha, you've got me on that one.
MtnBoy
9/26/2015 10:47am
watson wrote:
So we have a lot of theories per which side of the Atlantic you happen to be on, but does anyone know what actually happened?
The drunk Irishman was embarrassed about getting lapped in a 20 minute race.
kongols
9/26/2015 10:47am
watson wrote:
My best guess is Webb put a dangerous pass on Edmonds on a downhill.
machine
9/26/2015 10:50am
This was probably when it happened. My guess is Webb probably got pissed at Stu for possibly blowing the race for him.

"But then Webb got fired up and passed him right back! Febvre made a few mistakes and lost ground, then caught back up only to bobble again. Webb, for the moment, looked to be in control, but Febvre found his groove again and caught back up for a third time. Webb then nearly hit a lapped rider, and Febvre motored on by. With the win, France swept all three qualifying races. Wow."

http://racerxonline.com/2015/09/26/saturday-mxon-qualifier-updates
kongols
9/26/2015 10:53am Edited Date/Time 9/26/2015 10:58am
machine wrote:
This was probably when it happened. My guess is Webb probably got pissed at Stu for possibly blowing the race for him. [b]"But then Webb got...
This was probably when it happened. My guess is Webb probably got pissed at Stu for possibly blowing the race for him.

"But then Webb got fired up and passed him right back! Febvre made a few mistakes and lost ground, then caught back up only to bobble again. Webb, for the moment, looked to be in control, but Febvre found his groove again and caught back up for a third time. Webb then nearly hit a lapped rider, and Febvre motored on by. With the win, France swept all three qualifying races. Wow."

No. This happened in a midlle of the race. Edmonds was last to get lapped so there is absolutely no way Edmonds was in Webb`s way when he battled Febvre.
Unless Webb was throwing fits at the wrong guy.
watson
9/26/2015 10:54am
Vital in a nutshell during every MXdN weekend:

9/26/2015 10:54am
I'm sure Webb was not the only front runner out there fired up at the lappers. That track + novices = fucking sketchy.
struth
9/26/2015 10:57am
Webb attitude and temper will.get the best of him.N he will throw a hissy fit n stuff team USA chances
9/26/2015 10:58am
I'm sure Webb was not the only front runner out there fired up at the lappers. That track + novices = fucking sketchy.
you realize Webb is a novice on this track ?? Wink
9/26/2015 10:59am
watson wrote:
nope , its Vital .... grab some popcorn and enjoy the show
brimx153
9/26/2015 11:00am
machine wrote:
This was probably when it happened. My guess is Webb probably got pissed at Stu for possibly blowing the race for him. [b]"But then Webb got...

kongols wrote:
No. This happened in a midlle of the race. Edmonds was last to get lapped so there is absolutely no way Edmonds was in Webb`s way...
No. This happened in a midlle of the race. Edmonds was last to get lapped so there is absolutely no way Edmonds was in Webb`s way when he battled Febvre.
Unless Webb was throwing fits at the wrong guy.
thats what happened , Web was throwing a fit at the wrong guy .
watson
9/26/2015 11:00am
I don't think we were watching the same race.
Brent
9/26/2015 11:00am Edited Date/Time 9/26/2015 11:00am
Who cares if this no name Irish guy is bigger and stronger than Webb - My 9 year old daughter is bigger than Webb.

We measure by winning at this level, not who can beat up another rider.

Talent wise, Webb is a giant as compared to this schmuck.
9/26/2015 11:04am
Brent wrote:
Who cares if this no name Irish guy is bigger and stronger than Webb - My 9 year old daughter is bigger than Webb. We measure...
Who cares if this no name Irish guy is bigger and stronger than Webb - My 9 year old daughter is bigger than Webb.

We measure by winning at this level, not who can beat up another rider.

Talent wise, Webb is a giant as compared to this schmuck.
That doesn't mean he can go lording it about treating the slower guys with no respect- thats IF thats whats going on here.? Webb has a lot to lose in this race. Edmonds, not so much. Despite lap times, despite fame, every racer deserves utmost respect from his competitors.
Ninurta
9/26/2015 11:04am
I'm just glad Webb stepped it up to the 450. I mean he is not getting any younger GrinningGrinning Herlings is a year older and he's been sandbagging for years and years.... Coop should ride 450 from now on and show the world how it's done.He's doing a great job at it so far IMO
9/26/2015 11:08am
watson wrote:
I don't think we were watching the same race.
lol .... he is a rookie , first big race on a 450 and on a totally new track .... Wink could be noticed as a novice
jeffro503
9/26/2015 11:09am
jeffro503 wrote:
TMV wrote:
Or maybe... Webb was about to lap him, Edmonds blocked him a bit, Cooper flew into a temper and threw names at the wrong guy? It...
brimx153 wrote:
this , its not like the guy has a history of this crap !!! buy i guess he is fast ,so he can do want ever...
this , its not like the guy has a history of this crap !!! buy i guess he is fast ,so he can do want ever he want s ,eh Jeffro
Jesus fucking Christ! You guys give banter here all the time , and when the USA does good we give it back...and you guys throw a fucking hissy fit. This isn't just directed at you Bri....but others as well.

How in the hell do you guys even know Cooper did anything? You're saying he's done shit in the past , ok fine , did you see him do something to that guy? Cooper said " The guy was all over the place "....that tells me that Cooper tried to get around the guy and he was holding cooper back. And if Cooper got aggressive with him , it sounds like he deserved it.

All the past chest thumping bullshit , has no turned into " WAAHH!!....It's not fair! " At least that what it sounds like in here. Grow some thicker skin for this event!
JW381
9/26/2015 11:10am
GOTTA LOVE MXdN WEEK!!!! LaughingLaughingLaughing

Post a reply to: Cooper Webb vs. Sturt Edmonds! Ding Ding!

The Latest