Chad's opinion of the AMA

brink
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 4:47pm
"...I’ll be quite happy to walk away from that pathetic governing body."

That's a quote from the 22 minutes and 22 seconds with Chad Reed article on Racer X.
|
Torco1
1/21/2010 9:54am
There's a good chance they (AMA) wont be so quick to overturn penalties against him in the future with him saying stuff like that. I'm glad he speaks his mind, but he probably shouldnt get on their bad side because you know this whole Stewart/ Reed drama is far from over. Might as well strap the microscopes to their backs now.
ASH510
1/21/2010 10:01am
FUCK THE AMA!
they are piss poor.
other than that ohwellSmile
SIMX
1/21/2010 10:02am
Pretty much hit the nail on the head!
Tiki
Fantasy
1695th
1/21/2010 10:03am
Chad and I agree with one thing.

The Shop

SMITH201
1/21/2010 10:06am Edited Date/Time 1/21/2010 10:08am
Torco1 wrote:
There's a good chance they (AMA) wont be so quick to overturn penalties against him in the future with him saying stuff like that. I'm glad...
There's a good chance they (AMA) wont be so quick to overturn penalties against him in the future with him saying stuff like that. I'm glad he speaks his mind, but he probably shouldnt get on their bad side because you know this whole Stewart/ Reed drama is far from over. Might as well strap the microscopes to their backs now.
I dont think Reed cares. He knows he will only have a year and a half of racing in an AMA series. The AMA will always want Reed there, especially with the rivalry between him and James. They might say they are gonna do something like this, but it will always be overturned. I think thats why Reed threw out the RC/fuel issue from back in the day "If I say I just wont return for the rest fo the series then you will fix it". Thats the kind of pull you have when you are a top contender.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
1/21/2010 10:07am
Question posed elsewhere: isn't it the FIM's series run with their rules and officials now?
ocscottie
1/21/2010 10:08am
His whole take on the '06 fuelgate on DMXS was pretty damn good too.
Ozy
1/21/2010 10:10am
Torco1 wrote:
There's a good chance they (AMA) wont be so quick to overturn penalties against him in the future with him saying stuff like that. I'm glad...
If what you say is true then it just confirms what CR says about them
wreckitrandy
1/21/2010 10:13am
According to DC the other day, it wasn't the ama's mess. FIM dealio. Just sayin'
danman
1/21/2010 10:15am
You might as well put a blanket over the FIM and the AMA! They both SUCK!
Torco1
1/21/2010 10:18am
Torco1 wrote:
Ozy wrote:
Dont get me wrong, I completely agree with Chad. But it already looks like the AMA is afraid to do anything to Stewart, so if Chad is out there badmouthing them....they probably wont think twice about discipling him for any and every stupid little thing. Look at how fast they jumped to fine him this weekend and then slap James on the hand.
brink
1/21/2010 10:22am
Ozy wrote:
Agreed.
1/21/2010 10:27am
I still can't believe they gave Reed a penalty for a helmet punch that did not happen.
TerryK
1/21/2010 10:35am
Torco1 wrote:
Dont get me wrong, I completely agree with Chad. But it already looks like the AMA is afraid to do anything to Stewart, so if Chad...
Dont get me wrong, I completely agree with Chad. But it already looks like the AMA is afraid to do anything to Stewart, so if Chad is out there badmouthing them....they probably wont think twice about discipling him for any and every stupid little thing. Look at how fast they jumped to fine him this weekend and then slap James on the hand.
I don't think Reed is scared of the AMA. He has a right to speak his mind publicly and if the AMA doesn't like it well that's just too bad isn't it?
1/21/2010 10:39am Edited Date/Time 1/21/2010 10:39am
Who ever it is AMA or FIM, it was the "top" guy at the races. So, then who it was, matters. Because if it was FIM, then FIM is now in charge? Because Chad distinctly said it was the top honcho.
wreckitrandy
1/21/2010 10:45am
To be clear, I ain't defending the ama. Their record speaks for itself. Still, while we're layin' blame, lay it straight.
Torco1
1/21/2010 10:48am
Torco1 wrote:
Dont get me wrong, I completely agree with Chad. But it already looks like the AMA is afraid to do anything to Stewart, so if Chad...
TerryK wrote:
I don't think Reed is scared of the AMA. He has a right to speak his mind publicly and if the AMA doesn't like it well...
I don't think Reed is scared of the AMA. He has a right to speak his mind publicly and if the AMA doesn't like it well that's just too bad isn't it?
I agree, I just dont want to see them trying to make an example of him.
JE215
Fantasy
1316th
1/21/2010 10:57am
Torco1 wrote:
I don't think he is going to have to worry about that till the Nationals start. Unless he becomes a wrecking ball in SX when he returns. Which I don't think he will.
1/21/2010 11:05am Edited Date/Time 1/21/2010 11:06am
To be clear, I ain't defending the ama. Their record speaks for itself. Still, while we're layin' blame, lay it straight.
My point is, we still don't know who it is AMA or FIM. Whoever is on top at the races and whoever he works for is the telltale. They seem to be both running things. I am wondering if the FIM is soon to take over the state side stuff???
Mr. G
1/21/2010 11:10am
Torco1 wrote:
I hope that is not the case. The AMA should rule by their own policy not by what people say about them.
1/21/2010 11:34am
Can we find out the name of the guy who made the decision to penalize Reed?? I think this guy should be removed from his position to make those type of dicisions.
newmann
1/21/2010 11:36am
Direct from AMA's Director of Racing.

"The AMA no longer runs professional racing. The AMA does, however, sanction AMA amateur racing and recreational events."

As many bad decisions that they have made over the years, why the hell are they even allowed in the stadium?
MX479Guy
1/21/2010 11:36am
He didnt seem to have much love for FELD either.
RonSkj
Fantasy
129th
1/21/2010 12:44pm
Torco1 wrote:
TerryK wrote:
I don't think Reed is scared of the AMA. He has a right to speak his mind publicly and if the AMA doesn't like it well...
x2
500guy
1/21/2010 1:13pm
AMA FIM all the same thing at SX.

Yea they made a judgment based on what they initially saw in the heat of the moment but after they had time to review it made the right decision and made it before leaving the stadium.

that is 1000% better than in the past.

Just think what the AMA and FIM people might think about all the crybaby rich punks who don't give a shit about rules or even know the rules.

The AMA and FIM should start fining guy's like NASCAR does for talking shit and quit letting the tail wag the dog.
500guy
1/21/2010 1:14pm
newmann wrote:
Direct from AMA's Director of Racing. "The AMA no longer runs professional racing. The AMA does, however, sanction AMA amateur racing and recreational events." As many...
Direct from AMA's Director of Racing.

"The AMA no longer runs professional racing. The AMA does, however, sanction AMA amateur racing and recreational events."

As many bad decisions that they have made over the years, why the hell are they even allowed in the stadium?
AMA Pro racing still exists in SX it was one part the AMA could not sell off because of contractual obligations to FELD
Matt Wozney
1/21/2010 1:19pm
Chad made a point about who's running the show. He's not even sure.
1/21/2010 1:20pm
500guy wrote:
AMA FIM all the same thing at SX. Yea they made a judgment based on what they initially saw in the heat of the moment but...

Yea they made a judgment based on what they initially saw in the heat of the moment but after they had time to review it made the right decision and made it before leaving the stadium.

Just think what the AMA and FIM people might think about all the crybaby rich punks who don't give a shit about rules or even know the rules.

The AMA and FIM should start fining guy's like NASCAR does for talking shit and quit letting the tail wag the dog.
It's pretty sad when NASCAR is a bunch of rednecks and we make them look civil with our Pre-Madonna bitch fights, and dumbass shot callers. Maybe were the rednecks?
race
1/21/2010 1:31pm
500guy wrote:
AMA FIM all the same thing at SX. Yea they made a judgment based on what they initially saw in the heat of the moment but...

You just have to wonder about ANY sanctioning body that could hand out a serious penalty and fine like they did without interviewing the principal or video footage. And then virtually nothing for Bubba's dangerous riding in his heat.

The AMA / FIM continue to be the biggest joke and laughingstock in all of sports.

Post a reply to: Chad's opinion of the AMA

The Latest