Cairoli will get his ass smoked at the mxdn or here

hillbilly
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 10:40pm
RC could win the title today and not even train.

all hype,world title has no clout
|
wreckitrandy
8/31/2009 6:54pm
I thought the same thing after the Budds des' Nations but now, I'm thinking he just had a really bad day. He's definately got something to prove and this is the best chance he'll ever get to shine.
500guy
8/31/2009 7:58pm
While I agree the USA has a few riders faster than Cairoli , none of them are currently racing.

The only thing Cairoli lacks is consistency, If he's on his game then he can run with just about anyone.
BobbyM
8/31/2009 8:16pm
hillbilly wrote:
RC could win the title today and not even train.

all hype,world title has no clout
what cranked up yer still davey boy? caroli is a badass....if he had you as a trainer he'd win for sure. Smile
oldx
8/31/2009 8:17pm
a little shine would help him for sure.

The Shop

JB 19
8/31/2009 9:28pm
I'd say Cairoli is the favorite at the Des Nations. Dungy will be the underdog and that suit might fit him very well. Can't wait to see what happens.
8/31/2009 11:49pm
frickin clement desalle came out and got 3rd at washougal
garreth swanepool got i think 6th or 7th at unadilla...

and they arent even winning in europe? I think the euro's kick ass.. they come over here, do reallly good, and you say "usa is way better"

actually, every year at the MXDN we'd send RC or Bubba (2 fastest riders in the world) Villopoto (fastest 250f rider) and Tedesco or Ferry (and they wouldnt blow the euro's away)

I think euro's are used to the GP's where its 15 rounds, 45 minute races. more time to get settled in and save your energy. Then they came out here and its 30 minutes ALL OUT! the euros come over here, get a solid top 5 in one moto and are drained for the 2nd moto. but the americans go to europe and struggle to do well (the euros are just as fast, but are more smoother and dont look as fast) make sense?
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
9/1/2009 1:36am
There are fast guys capable of winning on both sides of the pond.

I think Team Australia might have something for everyone this time around.
burnside
9/1/2009 1:44am
What happened to TC's knee? Is he 100%... I'm hoping for a repeat of his performance at Matterly!
mccread
9/1/2009 2:09am
He might get beat in the US although not this year but how would those guys do against him in the World Championship the international series that he is champion in? that is where the US guys should take him on... why do Americans need home country advantage to beat him - if Cairoli beat them in the Italian nationals it wouldn't mean as much becasue of home country advantage either.

Cairoli is bad ass... so are Bubba and RV those two are the only guys plus maybe Dungey that I believe could challenge for a GP title right now.

Cairoli is the World Champ... if any US rider wants to say they are the World Motocross champion they kno what to do....

MXDN is nothing like racing a GP series either.
Crush
9/1/2009 2:21am
mccread wrote:
He might get beat in the US although not this year but how would those guys do against him in the World Championship the international series...
He might get beat in the US although not this year but how would those guys do against him in the World Championship the international series that he is champion in? that is where the US guys should take him on... why do Americans need home country advantage to beat him - if Cairoli beat them in the Italian nationals it wouldn't mean as much becasue of home country advantage either.

Cairoli is bad ass... so are Bubba and RV those two are the only guys plus maybe Dungey that I believe could challenge for a GP title right now.

Cairoli is the World Champ... if any US rider wants to say they are the World Motocross champion they kno what to do....

Why would you want to be world champ when the best riders, teams, tracks, money, girls and Supercross is in the USA?!?!?!

Why don't you ask the procession of GP riders who have headed to the US to race?!?!?!

Pretty sure they'll give you an answer... and i'm positive you won't like it!!!
Whitey
9/1/2009 2:21am
Have you seen the track? Even though it is home track, per se, for Tony i will be surprised if he gets near Chad for the win.

I think Chad will win it all this year, first time since 2005 that he has had a full Outdoor season before the Des nations. I just hope the Aussies as a whole can break the curse which seems to follow us at this race.
Crush
9/1/2009 2:34am
Hey while we're talking about Tony...

Was there any truth to the rumour he was riding a 350?!

Hope not, gosh if everyone knew it was an advantage the price of bikes will go up again witha 13500RPM 350!!!!

Mrtf
9/1/2009 2:45am
every Americans that think you will smoke us just DROOP IT, youre best riders is better, like Bubba, Rc but not the others, Cairoli is just as good as Desalle, who was in america for his first time ver some weeks ago, and got 3 i one moto, Swanepool was racing at Unadilla and got 7-6 o think, and hes like 8 places in those gp´s so
Unbidliama
9/1/2009 2:55am
@ crush the rumour was that he is riding a 400. I don't know if it's true.
hillbilly
9/1/2009 3:19am
Unbidliama wrote:
@ crush the rumour was that he is riding a 400. I don't know if it's true.
give him a 750
9/1/2009 4:01am
Think this year it will be pretty even, with no supernatural outdoor riders.

I think AUS has the best team, but it will be close (i hope)
Devil1nNj
9/1/2009 4:30am
mccread wrote:
He might get beat in the US although not this year but how would those guys do against him in the World Championship the international series...

I actually agree with your points on Cairoli, he is bad ass for sure.

Now for the Home Field Advantage. Racing the Italian Nationals as far as travel and schedule go would be like racing an Arizona State Championship. How many National / GP quality tracks are in a 116,000 +/- sq mi area? That playing field would be leveled do to riding am tracks. You ever see a National at LL's? The GP's are a far better example as they would be covering similar distances and schedules, with travel that is a bit more involved than the US.

Then again AC could race the US Nationals and only need to go through customs one time, worry about one visa, one language (spanish, of course TongueSilly ), and have consistent food everywhere. And at the same time experience different climates, altitudes and some of the most epic tracks on the planet. Against the top talent, both American, and the fastest from his own series.
Come on Over 222!

And you love using this line man "Cairoli is the World Champ... if any US rider wants to say they are the World Motocross champion they kno what to do.... "

They don't want to, haven't since early 80s and even then it was losing it's allure.
I don't know how you keep on with that rant man. What top prospect that was worth while has wanted a World Championship, that hasn't already been featured on MX Files?

SMITH201
9/1/2009 4:36am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 1:54am
While anything is a possibility, I dont think Cairoli will be able to beat Chad, no way.

The reason why none of our top guys would go to the GPs is for a few reasons..

1- They dont have enough money to lure our top guys across the pond. They usually have just enough cash to offer some of our "deadwood" a better contract than here.

2- We know that this is the premier series. Most of the fast GP riders end up coming over here anyway.

3- Tracks suck, food selection sucks, no freinds and family around.

A GP title would be cool to have, but if I was like RC, that GP title would be in my trophy case sitting underneath my 10 National titles and 5 SX titles.

This garbage about how well the current GP peeps do over here is rediculous. With James, RV, Alessi, Grant, an up to speed KDub, Reardon, Langston, in the mix with Shorty, IT, Moss, Dietrich, Millsaps, Byrner, Reed, Goerke, Brayton, Hahn, and Regal, most the current GP guys(with the exception of maybe 2 or 3 at the most, would have problems. Making the top 10 would be like winning the lotto.

That and with the fact that 80-90% of the GP fast guys dream is to win a title here just goes to show that the US series is without a doubt the premier series of Motocross.
mccread
9/1/2009 4:44am Edited Date/Time 9/1/2009 4:50am
http://www.racerxonline.com/article/salute-to-tony-cairoli-video.aspx

I would prefer to win the World Championship than the AMA nationals, if I had to choose, however I would ideally like to win both and a SX championship. But if there was one title I wanted to win it would be the World Motocross championship it is the oldest most prestigious and toughest outdoor championship in the world, followed by the Supercross series - they are the two best championships in the world. The US Nationals are 3rd.
9/1/2009 4:45am
Just curious, has there ever been a American rider to win a World MX and a AMA National Series? Just a squestion...
mx317
9/1/2009 4:52am
Just curious, has there ever been a American rider to win a World MX and a AMA National Series? Just a squestion...
Lackey, Laporte
wreckitrandy
9/1/2009 4:57am
Mrtf wrote:
every Americans that think you will smoke us just DROOP IT, youre best riders is better, like Bubba, Rc but not the others, Cairoli is just...
every Americans that think you will smoke us just DROOP IT, youre best riders is better, like Bubba, Rc but not the others, Cairoli is just as good as Desalle, who was in america for his first time ver some weeks ago, and got 3 i one moto, Swanepool was racing at Unadilla and got 7-6 o think, and hes like 8 places in those gp´s so
If you fail to add RV to that list you're DROOPY. Soon, you'll need to update said list to include Barcia {if he stays healthy} and, Tomac. Not to take anything away from the Euro riders as they are very capable but, RV has proven to be a cut above. Sorry.
SMITH201
9/1/2009 5:05am
mccread wrote:
http://www.racerxonline.com/article/salute-to-tony-cairoli-video.aspx I would prefer to win the World Championship than the AMA nationals, if I had to choose, however I would ideally like to win both...
http://www.racerxonline.com/article/salute-to-tony-cairoli-video.aspx

I would prefer to win the World Championship than the AMA nationals, if I had to choose, however I would ideally like to win both and a SX championship. But if there was one title I wanted to win it would be the World Motocross championship it is the oldest most prestigious and toughest outdoor championship in the world, followed by the Supercross series - they are the two best championships in the world. The US Nationals are 3rd.
Yeah, he can just keep telling himself that Grinning
Unbidliama
9/1/2009 5:08am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 1:54am
the thing is RV MA CR JS are the fastest riders in the world. But I think Cairoli has to be in that list. They have not race a complete series against each other. And if they do someday Cairoli will be in there for the win togetter with MA RV CR. And it will be a close season. Just like the season RV had with BT.

And your other riders like Short, Tedesco, Byrne, Brayton, Cooper..... are not better than S. Pourcel, philippaerts, barragan, de dycker, Ramon, Nagl, Desalle....

Post a reply to: Cairoli will get his ass smoked at the mxdn or here

The Latest