Bogles Honest Interview

drt410
I was really happy to see in Bogles post race interview he admitted its been extremely tough coming back and he had grandiose ideas of where hed be but reality smacked him and he said he rode his ass off to a 12th and 14th. This was a breath of fresh air hearing the desire and a no excuse take on his lackluster results. Every week you watch rider after rider make excuses about why they got what they got... Thomas Covingtons instagram is probably ground zero for this, but watching Bogle essentially just say I thought it would be easy... its not... and these results are terrible but Im trying was nice to see. Riders need to stop with the excuses and just be honest the fans appreciate it.
|
drt410
7/22/2018 7:22pm Edited Date/Time 7/22/2018 7:27pm
Another thing I gotta respect is Eli saying how he was battling Kenny for 25 mins until he was able to get around due to a lapper. He makes it sound like lappers are why he got by when everyone including Kenny knows Eli was just hanging back because there was no pressure from 3rd until he finally decided it was time to pass him and get the win. This shows the respect Eli has for Kenny because if he wanted to he could have blown by him like he did Marvin and then dropped his lap time by 4 seconds to prove a point. Instead he was respectful to him during the race and post race interview. I thought it was cool he kinda made it look like Ken was holding him off because everyone knows he could have passed ken in 3 seconds if he had a problem with him like he does Marvin and then went on a tear just to show him.... which the rivalry is old at this point but it is what it is.
7/22/2018 7:24pm
I love it and if Yamaha is smart they will see his potential and make him their second guy next year (assuming Coop is gone to KTM). I know his results don’t warrant the opportunity, but let’s not forget he is only a year away from winning.
BR8ES
7/22/2018 7:41pm
How could he be signed based on what he has done so far? If he was that bad off, maybe he should have postponed the comeback, can't help but think these last few races have not done him any favours.
slipdog
7/22/2018 7:45pm
BR8ES wrote:
How could he be signed based on what he has done so far? If he was that bad off, maybe he should have postponed the comeback...
How could he be signed based on what he has done so far? If he was that bad off, maybe he should have postponed the comeback, can't help but think these last few races have not done him any favours.
How many guys have won motos in the last couple years?

The Shop

BR8ES
7/22/2018 7:46pm Edited Date/Time 7/22/2018 7:47pm
BR8ES wrote:
How could he be signed based on what he has done so far? If he was that bad off, maybe he should have postponed the comeback...
slipdog wrote:
How many guys have won motos in the last couple years?
and???? what has he done lately? You signing his paycheck?
drt410
7/22/2018 8:09pm
Is Webb definitely going to KTM? I used to not pay attention to background rumors like this until they turned into Lebron signing with the Lakers. Now I pay them more attention.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
7/22/2018 8:19pm
drt410 wrote:
Is Webb definitely going to KTM? I used to not pay attention to background rumors like this until they turned into Lebron signing with the Lakers...
Is Webb definitely going to KTM? I used to not pay attention to background rumors like this until they turned into Lebron signing with the Lakers. Now I pay them more attention.
Decoster has said that he thinks Webb is the next big thing, i would be surprised for him not to be there next year,
swtwtwtw
7/22/2018 9:46pm
Right now though, Bogle is a holeshot king. He has speed and when it comes around, his starts are going to get him moto wins like last year.
Kelz87
Fantasy
1372nd
7/22/2018 9:59pm
I just can’t imagine Webb on a KTM for some reason. I’m not against it tho. When is his contract up with Yamaha?
jemcee
7/22/2018 10:12pm
swtwtwtw wrote:
Right now though, Bogle is a holeshot king. He has speed and when it comes around, his starts are going to get him moto wins like...
Right now though, Bogle is a holeshot king. He has speed and when it comes around, his starts are going to get him moto wins like last year.
Yep and I'll go out on a limb and say that all of the teams would rather a rider that will holeshot, run up front for a few laps and end up 15th than a rider that starts back in the pack and ends up 8th
7/22/2018 10:19pm Edited Date/Time 7/22/2018 10:20pm
Kelz87 wrote:
I just can’t imagine Webb on a KTM for some reason. I’m not against it tho. When is his contract up with Yamaha?
End of MX 2018.
HusqFan3
7/22/2018 10:28pm Edited Date/Time 7/22/2018 10:30pm
swtwtwtw wrote:
Right now though, Bogle is a holeshot king. He has speed and when it comes around, his starts are going to get him moto wins like...
jemcee wrote:
Yep and I'll go out on a limb and say that all of the teams would rather a rider that will holeshot, run up front for...
Yep and I'll go out on a limb and say that all of the teams would rather a rider that will holeshot, run up front for a few laps and end up 15th than a rider that starts back in the pack and ends up 8th
Only Bogle ran up front for a few seconds not a few laps. And i’m sorry but no team would rather finish 15th than 8th no matter what transpired during the race.
7/22/2018 10:36pm
With such a weak 450 field a the moment, it would have been hard for him to find a somewhat believable excuse..
jemcee
7/22/2018 11:28pm
swtwtwtw wrote:
jemcee wrote:
Yep and I'll go out on a limb and say that all of the teams would rather a rider that will holeshot, run up front for...
HusqFan3 wrote:
Only Bogle ran up front for a few seconds not a few laps. And i’m sorry but no team would rather finish 15th than 8th no...
Only Bogle ran up front for a few seconds not a few laps. And i’m sorry but no team would rather finish 15th than 8th no matter what transpired during the race.
Without checking who finished 8th?
Never mind you'll prob check but say you didn't..
dirtnapper
7/23/2018 12:51am
swtwtwtw wrote:
jemcee wrote:
HusqFan3 wrote:
Only Bogle ran up front for a few seconds not a few laps. And i’m sorry but no team would rather finish 15th than 8th no...
Gotta agree with this.
kkawboy14
7/23/2018 3:31am
Reminds me of Seeleys comments: “I’m gonna be better and faster”
make1go
7/23/2018 3:59am Edited Date/Time 7/23/2018 4:00am
i cant read these type of threads anymore..

theres just to many "wanna be" hard men, talking 100% ...
shit this time about someone who, even coming back from a serious injury, would blow by then and be gone by the next corner
BR8ES
7/23/2018 4:02am
So we can count on you not commenting further then? Reality of professional sports is a cold world buttercup.
7/23/2018 6:13am
Is he wearing different gear next year? I see the Answer ads have RV in them not JB.
7/23/2018 6:27am
BR8ES wrote:
So we can count on you not commenting further then? Reality of professional sports is a cold world buttercup.
Who you talking to tough guy?
Melicar
7/23/2018 6:32am
BR8ES wrote:
I thought it was my mom's old douche bag, but that's in Ohio.
kage173
7/23/2018 6:39am
BR8ES wrote:
He's won a 450 overall and a SX title (250). Let's count the number of current riders who have done that.

YES - ET, KR, MM, JB, CR,

NOPE - JA (?), BB, WP, JB. CS, CW, JG,

Any other big hitter I'm missing? Not saying he's a lock, but I can think of a couple reasons why he could be signed.

And he's a great starter, which is the 2nd most important part of the race.
BR8ES
7/23/2018 7:06am
BR8ES wrote:
not you princess stalker
BR8ES
7/23/2018 7:07am
BR8ES wrote:
kage173 wrote:
He's won a 450 overall and a SX title (250). Let's count the number of current riders who have done that. YES - ET, KR, MM...
He's won a 450 overall and a SX title (250). Let's count the number of current riders who have done that.

YES - ET, KR, MM, JB, CR,

NOPE - JA (?), BB, WP, JB. CS, CW, JG,

Any other big hitter I'm missing? Not saying he's a lock, but I can think of a couple reasons why he could be signed.

And he's a great starter, which is the 2nd most important part of the race.
there you have it, sign him up.
HusqFan3
7/23/2018 8:54am
jemcee wrote:
HusqFan3 wrote:
jemcee wrote:
What? The question was hypothetically which spot teams would rather finish. Why would i check who finished in a particular spot in a particular race? It’s completely irrelevant to the question you posed.
jemcee
7/23/2018 5:36pm
HusqFan3 wrote:
jemcee wrote:
HusqFan3 wrote:
What? The question was hypothetically which spot teams would rather finish. Why would i check who finished in a particular spot in a particular race? It’s...
What? The question was hypothetically which spot teams would rather finish. Why would i check who finished in a particular spot in a particular race? It’s completely irrelevant to the question you posed.
No it wasn't and no it's not, my question (which wasn't a question) was a team would rather a guy that holeshots runs up front for a few laps then fades back to 15th over a guy that starts at the back and works his way to 8th.. Teams want exposure for their sponsors, everyone knows that Bogle holeshot that race so everyone saw his sponsors even though he ended up in 15th you don't know who ended up in 8th (neither do I) so we didn't see his sponsors
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
7/23/2018 6:25pm
jemcee wrote:
No it wasn't and no it's not, my question (which wasn't a question) was a team would rather a guy that holeshots runs up front for...
No it wasn't and no it's not, my question (which wasn't a question) was a team would rather a guy that holeshots runs up front for a few laps then fades back to 15th over a guy that starts at the back and works his way to 8th.. Teams want exposure for their sponsors, everyone knows that Bogle holeshot that race so everyone saw his sponsors even though he ended up in 15th you don't know who ended up in 8th (neither do I) so we didn't see his sponsors
There's a couple of ways to look at it.

I think it was DV who saidif youre a 10th place guy you're better off falling in the first turn and passing 30 slower guys and finishing 10th then you are holeshotting and getting worked by the elite and finishing 10th.

On one hand you have an excuse, people wonder what you would've done had you not fell, they talk about how much heart and grit you had to fight your way up, you take the RC hard charger award home and you look like a super star because everyone compares your speed to the privateer guys you're passing as you move up.

On the other hand, everyone questions your commitment during the week and fitness as you fade back on national TV, your speed or lack there of is highlighted as fast guy after fast guy blows your doors off as you turn laps 2-3 seconds a lap slower, everyone questions whats wrong as you had every opportunity to put it on the box.

This is why its pretty rare to see guys return and do what Bogle is doing, not because they dont know how to start anymore. Its because theres going to be a battle going on up there that they're not ready for. Less conspicuous to start 17th and finish 12th-7th and say you're building each week.
Bob_Ryan
7/23/2018 6:35pm
drt410 wrote:
Another thing I gotta respect is Eli saying how he was battling Kenny for 25 mins until he was able to get around due to a...
Another thing I gotta respect is Eli saying how he was battling Kenny for 25 mins until he was able to get around due to a lapper. He makes it sound like lappers are why he got by when everyone including Kenny knows Eli was just hanging back because there was no pressure from 3rd until he finally decided it was time to pass him and get the win. This shows the respect Eli has for Kenny because if he wanted to he could have blown by him like he did Marvin and then dropped his lap time by 4 seconds to prove a point. Instead he was respectful to him during the race and post race interview. I thought it was cool he kinda made it look like Ken was holding him off because everyone knows he could have passed ken in 3 seconds if he had a problem with him like he does Marvin and then went on a tear just to show him.... which the rivalry is old at this point but it is what it is.
I would disagree that Tomac just "hung out" behind Kenny for 25 minutes out of respect because no one was behind him. That even sounds rediculous after saying it !!! No racer is going hang out behind anybody if they are so much faster they can pass someone and go forward. They may be more cautious if they know there position and that they can still get the overall but with Tomacs history of hitting the ground and bike problems I doubt that was anywhere close to his plan.
jemcee
7/23/2018 6:41pm
haydos25 wrote:
There's a couple of ways to look at it. I think it was DV who saidif youre a 10th place guy you're better off falling in...
There's a couple of ways to look at it.

I think it was DV who saidif youre a 10th place guy you're better off falling in the first turn and passing 30 slower guys and finishing 10th then you are holeshotting and getting worked by the elite and finishing 10th.

On one hand you have an excuse, people wonder what you would've done had you not fell, they talk about how much heart and grit you had to fight your way up, you take the RC hard charger award home and you look like a super star because everyone compares your speed to the privateer guys you're passing as you move up.

On the other hand, everyone questions your commitment during the week and fitness as you fade back on national TV, your speed or lack there of is highlighted as fast guy after fast guy blows your doors off as you turn laps 2-3 seconds a lap slower, everyone questions whats wrong as you had every opportunity to put it on the box.

This is why its pretty rare to see guys return and do what Bogle is doing, not because they dont know how to start anymore. Its because theres going to be a battle going on up there that they're not ready for. Less conspicuous to start 17th and finish 12th-7th and say you're building each week.
Oh yeah I get that, for them personally.. but I was meaning from a team's perspective
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
7/23/2018 6:59pm
jemcee wrote:
Oh yeah I get that, for them personally.. but I was meaning from a team's perspective
No doubt. Especially from Suzukis point of view considering they're battling with talk that their bikes lack HP, every holeshot Bogle can get is good publicity for them. Its a bad look for Bogle though.

Kind of the same deal as Reed in supercross. He didn't have it in him to run up front, and when he pulled a start a couple of times it just highlighted that a bit more, takes some guts to still go for it and put yours deficiency's on show like that. Bogle knows he's the best starter in the class and probably just figures he may as well do what he's best at and hold on as long as possible.

Post a reply to: Bogles Honest Interview

The Latest