Bogle

Related:
Create New Tag

12/14/2018 7:26 PM

I think it was dumb to get rid of him. How many people on JGR have won in the last 2 years... none. Holeshot? Bogle like 50 times and Reed once. Bogle won what 1 or 2 motos? He was looking pretty good in sx before the injury too. I know he faded bad but he clearly just wasnt ready yet. He ripped the hell out of those holeshots though. Him and Reed... hmm those Zooks must have some power after all. Everyone on the team is a mid top 10 average guy. Bogle was a holeshot master and can randomly win, nobody else can say that on that team. A ton of holeshots is better publicity than a bunch of 6th place riders.

Anyways looks like hes back on a Honda so you can add him to the STACKED top 15 in the premier sx class. His team says pak x emh sports which I believe is either his music group or label not sure. Anyone know more about whats up with his situation? How do you expect him to do? Should JGR have pulled the plug?

Add Bogle, another solid guy, to this:

Tomac
Anderson
Musquin
Roczen
Barcia
Webb
Osbourne
Savatgy
Plessinger
Seely
Hill
Malcolm
Peick (Maybe)
Reed
Brayton

Thats 15 very fast riders already.

|

12/14/2018 10:41 PM

After he got landed on in sx, took him a long time to get healthy. Lost some fitness and speed. He needs to do what Barcia did, put in some solid rides and maybe he’ll get another factory ride.

|

12/14/2018 10:54 PM

I believe he had some nerve damage that caused the fading no matter how hard he trained. I think he had surgery to correct that before outdoors ended.

|

12/14/2018 10:55 PM

But it didn’t look good when he went from holeshot to 20th for 4 motos in a row..

|

12/14/2018 11:11 PM

When will people realise that there’s more to advertising than just getting good results. Take a look at autograph queues for Bogle Vs. Reed and then decide who’s getting more eyes on the team sponsors.
This sport is a business. Its the Team’s job to keep sponsor money rolling in & Reed would help that tenfold over Bogle.

|

The above may be fact or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting. I am not sure, you have no chance.

12/14/2018 11:13 PM

Plus how many races did Bogle compete in last year?
I’m not a hater by any means, I actually really like Bogle.. I just don’t see the return on investment from the teams.

|

12/15/2018 3:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/15/2018 3:02 AM

On paper it looks like a stacked field. By round 4 or 5 everyone will accept and settle into there places for the rest of the season. Seems like everyone just gives up and shooting for a top 10 is the goal.

|

12/15/2018 4:31 AM

I always had high hopes for Bogle, but it seems he’s a bit frail. Kind of like Adam C, has either one of them completed an injury free season. Not trying to bash on either of those guys, but it just seems in our sport, some guys have the ability to remain injury free and healthy, and others just seem to get hurt every season. Grant could be added to that list also. Then you have guys who are just there every week.

|

12/15/2018 4:52 AM

He is one of the veryyy few riders to have a premier class win in the last 2 years. Add to it the holeshots and hes a good prospect... the best JGR had when his nerve damage is corrected. I dont get the move theyre low on people who can win/podium.

|

12/15/2018 6:20 AM

If i had a Team i would hire Him

|

12/15/2018 7:26 AM

blockhead17 wrote:

Plus how many races did Bogle compete in last year?
I’m not a hater by any means, I actually really like Bogle.. I just don’t see the return on investment from the teams.

He was hurt all year. And he knew he was going to get 20th, but still had the balls to pull every holeshot to show that he can run up front when healthy.

|

12/15/2018 7:30 AM

Talisker wrote:

On paper it looks like a stacked field. By round 4 or 5 everyone will accept and settle into there places for the rest of the season. Seems like everyone just gives up and shooting for a top 10 is the goal.

There are only a hand full of guys that can win and it will always be that way. When there is separation like that, the guys not winning will always be looked down on comparatively. No matter how stacked the field is, it will never seem that stacked once you know who the few winners are, because the rest just don't stand a chance.

|

12/15/2018 8:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/15/2018 8:13 AM

Obviously the teams didn’t like what they saw last year, otherwise he’d have a job. I’d also like to point out he won his Motos with RCH, not JGR.

Also, go look at his supercross results from 2017. Yikes.

Hiring a dude purely based on getting holeshots is idiotic. Bogles a nice guy but unfortunately that doesn’t get you anywhere in this sport.

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

12/15/2018 9:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/15/2018 9:12 AM

Idk, there was a guy who didn't really even race but his team got plenty of memorable publicity. Photo

If you are a master of them, holeshots are worth plenty, imo. They're worth more than mid top ten rides as far as exposure.

Bogle needs to stay off the ground. I hope he kills it this year.

|

12/15/2018 9:17 AM

Btw, prepare to be trashed by Reed, JGR. Bikes and personally, you will very likely be crapped on eventually. But you already knew that I'm sure. Enjoy those pit lines.

|

12/15/2018 9:38 AM

Justin has a serious problem with losing feeling in his arm...here, this is from Racer X not too long ago...and, if you're gonna comment on the guy...maybe "you should have known"...?

“Went to the doctor yesterday and found out that the issue I’ve been having with my arm and hand numbness is caused by my ulnar nerve being trapped in scar tissue,” he wrote. “This is why my hand hasn’t been working well after a few laps making it hard to hold on and keep my pace. I will be getting it fixed asap after the season, but for now I’m gonna give it all I’ve got for as long as I’ve got and do my best. Thank you to my sponsors and everyone who’s been riding with me through this roller coaster of a year for the support, it hasn’t gone how we’d planned but struggle what made us.”

Personally, I watched the dude pound an AMAZING pace at Millville and a few other races...he was ON IT! And, he'd fade...as he'd slow down he was an amazing class act and did everything he could to stay "in it" while not F'ing up the guys that were racing for titles.

I'm hopeful that his surgery went well and that he has full use of his arm/hand without any problems.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

12/15/2018 9:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/15/2018 9:44 AM

I remember reading Bogle has a high asking price. That might have something to do with it. When Barcia was out of a ride he cut out all the extra stuff, flying etc. I believe these guys should be able to have a life outside of Moto, but if you were a team manager which guy would you hire?

For the record I believe he deserves a good ride.

|

We are the sum of a 1,000 lives. What we know is almost nothing at all.

12/15/2018 11:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/15/2018 11:26 AM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Obviously the teams didn’t like what they saw last year, otherwise he’d have a job. I’d also like to point out he won his Motos with RCH, not JGR.

Also, go look at his supercross results from 2017. Yikes.

Hiring a dude purely based on getting holeshots is idiotic. Bogles a nice guy but unfortunately that doesn’t get you anywhere in this sport.

Ok but how many other huys have won? Tomac, Anderson, Roczen, Barcia. I think Seely got a W a couple years ago in sx not sure how long ago. Thats it tho, so hes not a bum by any means. The holeshot gets him more tv time for sponsors than the guy with an 8th place who gets 6th. If Bogle has feeling back in his wrist he can run up muuuuch further than 20, so holeshot and a decent finish. No one on JGR can say that.

|

12/15/2018 1:31 PM

Reed holeshot more often than not on the JGR bike as well. If that’s the only criteria JGR are looking at, which ofcourse it isn’t, then Reed and Bogle are pretty much the same guy.

Unfortunately for Justin the industry has short memories, and the last time he was out there he dropped anchor HARD. I hope he had his issues fixed and he can come back and show his potential because he seems like a cool dude with rad style

|

12/15/2018 2:15 PM

Made it a point to say holeshots are not the only criteria 1 post before so I dont even know what the point of that post was..

|

12/15/2018 2:25 PM

drt410 wrote:

Ok but how many other huys have won? Tomac, Anderson, Roczen, Barcia. I think Seely got a W a couple years ago in sx not sure how long ago. Thats it tho, so hes not a bum by any means. The holeshot gets him more tv time for sponsors than the guy with an 8th place who gets 6th. If Bogle has feeling back in his wrist he can run up muuuuch further than 20, so holeshot and a decent finish. No one on JGR can say that.

I like Bogle and hope he has a great year. He can be fast but is a risk for teams to invest in. He has been injury prone (not all his fault) and his nerve damage has been his kryptonite and who knows if the surgery fixed it.

And to say JGR doesnt have someone to holeshot and run up much further than 20th - Reed just did that in MX after not racing for 4 months and will get tons of TV time for sponsors and Hill has the potential in 450 SX and showed that last year in a few races. Hell - he could be on some podiums this year.

I think Bogle will be good this year.
I also think JGR will be good as well.

|

12/15/2018 8:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/15/2018 8:23 PM

Not sure where I said 20th... but ok lol just say that I said it screw it haha...

|

12/15/2018 9:44 PM

drt410 wrote:

Made it a point to say holeshots are not the only criteria 1 post before so I dont even know what the point of that post was..

So defensive, I wasn’t responding to you mate, just commenting on the thread I’m general.

Sorry you’re right, they shoulda hired bogle and anyone who disagrees is wrong.

|

12/16/2018 12:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/16/2018 1:11 AM

|

12/16/2018 4:24 AM

downard254 wrote:

I always had high hopes for Bogle, but it seems he’s a bit frail. Kind of like Adam C, has either one of them completed an injury free season. Not trying to bash on either of those guys, but it just seems in our sport, some guys have the ability to remain injury free and healthy, and others just seem to get hurt every season. Grant could be added to that list also. Then you have guys who are just there every week.

Riders who are able to get out of the pack will usually be able to stay healthy (ex.: Ryan Dungey). Some have a rubber-based constancy (ex.: James Stewart) and others ... are mere mortals.

|