Best "value" gear?

EastFlorida
Posts
2334
Joined
7/31/2010
Location
Merritt Island, FL, USA
Edited Date/Time 3/20/2012 6:55am
I'm looking for a decent gear package w/o breaking the bank. I know you get what you pay for, but what do you recommend for some value priced stuff-not top dollar equipment?
|
josh8811
Posts
504
Joined
11/13/2011
Location
Kaysville, UT, USA
3/18/2012 6:04pm
The best, as far as construction/tuffness is either Klim or JT.. Klim even has small pockets and zipper vents. You can find Klim at a reasonable price if you shop around.. I'd even recommend ebay and amazon.
jndmx
Posts
9698
Joined
1/20/2008
Location
South Kingston, RI, USA
3/18/2012 6:04pm
No Fear Rogue series.
My son has worn that gear for years.....literally one set for years in some cases.

The Rogue series is the lower/middle cost set.

The Shop

bish153
Posts
440
Joined
11/28/2010
Location
Frisco, TX, USA
3/18/2012 6:21pm
Can't beat fly kinetic for price and quality. The fit is great ,well made. Ive heard people who wear braces bitch about the knees blowing out, but i wear asterisks and have no problem in the knee area.
mx757
Posts
2275
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Pueblo, CO, USA
3/18/2012 6:29pm
My dad has been running a set of i believe 06 fly 805 (line name was changed to kinetic) since he bought it brand new in the start of 07. Stuff still hasnt had any issues. I believe Motosport.com has full Kinetic gear kit on sale from last year dirt cheap.
cbt.medic02
Posts
20
Joined
9/3/2011
Location
Riverside, CA, USA
3/18/2012 6:30pm
Thor Phase or Core gear. Lasts super long, fit is accurate, and really well made. You definitely get what you pay for.
TeamGreen
Posts
37666
Joined
11/25/2008
Location
Thru-out, CA, USA
3/18/2012 6:39pm
Fly is the bee's knee's
They also have some really nice off-road gear now...jackets & pants
Riz840
Posts
124
Joined
2/11/2012
Location
all over, MO, USA
3/18/2012 6:46pm
Motorcyclecloseouts is where its at. Got Fly pants, jersey, gloves, scott goggles, and a Bell Moto8 for $315 and it was here the next day...BOOYEAH!!!
nb11
Posts
107
Joined
12/5/2011
Location
Marietta, GA, USA
3/18/2012 7:15pm
I just pulled a 5-year-old set of MSR Axxis gear out of the closet today when I went riding. I must have worn that set hundreds of times and it still looks brand new aside from a couple of stains. I have two sets of it, and it's some good stuff for the price. I have a set of Fox 180/HC gear and I don't feel that it has held up quite as well, and it cost considerably more.
mxer613
Posts
488
Joined
11/22/2011
Location
Forest Grove, OR, USA
3/18/2012 7:34pm
Fly, fit is great, quality constuction, inexpensive, and the designs are somewhat tame, not something Boy George wore when he was karma chamelion.
smc916
Posts
594
Joined
8/9/2007
Location
Hesperia, CA, USA
3/18/2012 7:49pm
TLD Grand Prix stuff is great, better than most companies high end gear.
ianhendry46
Posts
394
Joined
8/18/2011
Location
Murfreesboro, TN, USA
3/18/2012 8:14pm
MSR or Fly, both cheap and last really well. and Ill give a Nod to No Fear Rogue series. I have had two sets for the past four years now and they still look new
Wandell
Posts
7850
Joined
12/17/2008
Location
Cairo, GA, USA
3/18/2012 8:33pm
I've had good luck with Fly, MSR and O'Neals entry level gear.
Rizzo
Posts
1019
Joined
2/2/2010
Location
USA
3/18/2012 9:30pm
I'm looking for a decent gear package w/o breaking the bank. I know you get what you pay for, but what do you recommend for some...
I'm looking for a decent gear package w/o breaking the bank. I know you get what you pay for, but what do you recommend for some value priced stuff-not top dollar equipment?
MSR has some really good mid level gear. The Axxis line has a handull of colorways and the stuff is very durable, around $100 bucks for the kit. I like it because it is lighter than the top level NXT http://www.msrmx.com/products/gear/axxis The renegade stuff is cool as well, but only 2 color choices. Windham rocks it though so nuff said. The Rockstar amd Metal Mulisha lines are based off both of these. http://www.msrmx.com/products/gear/renegade
Paul333
Posts
2317
Joined
2/15/2012
Location
Virginia Beach, VA, USA
3/19/2012 6:28am Edited Date/Time 3/19/2012 6:31am
jndmx wrote:
No Fear Rogue series. My son has worn that gear for years.....literally one set for years in some cases. The Rogue series is the lower/middle cost...
No Fear Rogue series.
My son has worn that gear for years.....literally one set for years in some cases.

The Rogue series is the lower/middle cost set.
Any style No Fear gear is a smoking deal now.

I just picked up a set of No Fear Elektron pants/jersey for like $80.

Found matching gloves on another website for $12.

For top of the line quality / style gear that is the best deal I've seen.
MXEditor
Posts
695
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Danbury, CT, USA
3/19/2012 6:40am
Wearing FLY now and liking it!
TeamGreen
Posts
37666
Joined
11/25/2008
Location
Thru-out, CA, USA
3/19/2012 11:48am
smc916 wrote:
TLD Grand Prix stuff is great, better than most companies high end gear.
True, very true.
burn1986
Posts
12246
Joined
4/16/2010
Location
bossier city, LA, USA
3/19/2012 1:19pm


Ocelot, duh!
crf250pilot
Posts
2131
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Manning, OR, USA
3/19/2012 3:37pm
Fly gear best bang for the buck.
BigDaddyG
Posts
1215
Joined
10/8/2010
Location
Saint Helens, OR, USA
Fantasy
3/19/2012 5:07pm
Thor Phase or Core gear. Lasts super long, fit is accurate, and really well made. You definitely get what you pay for.
Thor phase is great stuff....best value hands down. Pants, gloves and jersey for $139.00 delivered to your door from motosportoutlet.com
86honda
Posts
908
Joined
12/23/2008
Location
Sickofit, AR, USA
3/19/2012 5:08pm
just changed from Thor. I always thought Thor was it, but it falls apart quick. Fly and TLD are the toughest stuff out there. Great look great price.
Roscoe33
Posts
942
Joined
12/10/2009
Location
London, CA
3/19/2012 8:41pm
FLY Kinetic gear gives the best fit,

and is cheap enough for the cheap ass Vitaltards to buy a couple of sets..
mx510
Posts
1993
Joined
2/26/2011
Location
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
3/20/2012 6:21am
I had terrible luck with MSR axxis pants. The knee tore on the first ride.
I just got the 2012 No Fear stuff and it is awesome!
Andimers
Posts
357
Joined
10/10/2008
Location
Skiptvet, NO
3/20/2012 6:55am
jndmx wrote:
No Fear Rogue series. My son has worn that gear for years.....literally one set for years in some cases. The Rogue series is the lower/middle cost...
No Fear Rogue series.
My son has worn that gear for years.....literally one set for years in some cases.

The Rogue series is the lower/middle cost set.
This.

After two years of trying Alpinestars, Thor and Answer, with them falling apart within 5 rides, I bought a set of No Fear Rogue gear. I used them twice a week for 3 months before the pant even got a hole on the knee (I ride with Asterisk braces) and they hold up REALLY good! Also feels good on.

I also have a few set of Elektron, which are the higher cost set, and while they feel better in build construction, I wouldn't get them over the Rogue series.
Stoney_605
Posts
7
Joined
8/11/2017
Location
Center, TX, USA
8/11/2017 6:11pm
I'm looking for a decent gear package w/o breaking the bank. I know you get what you pay for, but what do you recommend for some...
I'm looking for a decent gear package w/o breaking the bank. I know you get what you pay for, but what do you recommend for some value priced stuff-not top dollar equipment?
Quite honestly I normally will splurge to make it a worthwhile purchase, or go to rocky mountain and get clearance gear from last year

Post a reply to: Best "value" gear?

The Latest