Beginner at LL now?

Ddavis
2/25/2011 7:12pm Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 1:11am
Youth Beginner (9-14) and Youth Beginner (12-15) at the ACP LLQ.

LLQ ACP
|
mx295
2/25/2011 7:34pm
So you might be able to qualify nowGrinning
wardy
2/25/2011 8:19pm
what a joke.
MX Dad #27
Fantasy
497th
2/25/2011 8:23pm
wardy wrote:
what a joke.
I agree! This should be the "C" class but we all know that isn't the case.
firemedic301
2/25/2011 9:20pm
Yep won't be any sanbagging in that class???

The Shop

FIREfish148
2/25/2011 9:26pm
Let the sandbagging begin. I aways hated sandbaggers, but I was able to be one a couple of times and it was real nice not gonna lie.
Shawn142
2/25/2011 10:20pm
Unless you're racing that class why bother getting upset about it? No one will take it or that title seriously. Let B class guys sandbag, they pay a shitload to do it.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
2/25/2011 10:34pm
Shawn142 wrote:
Unless you're racing that class why bother getting upset about it? No one will take it or that title seriously. Let B class guys sandbag, they...
Unless you're racing that class why bother getting upset about it? No one will take it or that title seriously. Let B class guys sandbag, they pay a shitload to do it.
Last year there was some dipshit on vital who was crying to DC and emailed him all the names of the guys who qualified in his class that he wanted DQed before the race even happened. The bad part is the guy finished in the bottom five of all the motos , what did he want DC to do DQ his whole class so he could win. I hate riders who do their racing with protests.
ThePipe
2/25/2011 11:08pm
I don't think beginners should be at Larry Linkogles compound either
RMZ819
2/26/2011 2:08am
Ddavis wrote:

LLQ ACP
The area qualifiers are dead. They have to add some classes to try and get a few more entries. As the sport goes away there will be more classes added. Although i think LL's is a joke I would be doing the same thing if i were running it. I would be adding classes daily.

IMO, LL's is on its last legs on the local level. They will always fill the gates at the Ranch but before you know it it will be just a regular Amateur National race with no qualifiers.
mxmat813
2/26/2011 5:17am
Shawn142 wrote:
Unless you're racing that class why bother getting upset about it? No one will take it or that title seriously. Let B class guys sandbag, they...
lostboy819 wrote:
Last year there was some dipshit on vital who was crying to DC and emailed him all the names of the guys who qualified in his...
Last year there was some dipshit on vital who was crying to DC and emailed him all the names of the guys who qualified in his class that he wanted DQed before the race even happened. The bad part is the guy finished in the bottom five of all the motos , what did he want DC to do DQ his whole class so he could win. I hate riders who do their racing with protests.
Hey bud, that was me. I seperated my shoulder on the first lap of the first moto on the double double single in the back section of the track. I still rode the rest of the moto's and if you looked at the lap charts I ran in the top ten for half of the second moto until I had to pull off.

And the guy was a sandbagger, that's why he got disqualified. He rode the pro class in the mega series and then tried to qualify for Loretta's in the Vet B/C class. It was one guy, not the whole class, and I protested him well before the national. I thought I already explained this? If you wanna talk about this more feel free to PM me.
2/26/2011 6:50am
Ddavis wrote:

LLQ ACP
RMZ819 wrote:
The area qualifiers are dead. They have to add some classes to try and get a few more entries. As the sport goes away there will...
The area qualifiers are dead. They have to add some classes to try and get a few more entries. As the sport goes away there will be more classes added. Although i think LL's is a joke I would be doing the same thing if i were running it. I would be adding classes daily.

IMO, LL's is on its last legs on the local level. They will always fill the gates at the Ranch but before you know it it will be just a regular Amateur National race with no qualifiers.
RMZ819,

You spend a lot of time talking out your ass about something that you know nothing about. They didn't add classes to increase attendance, they just dropped Pro Sport to add this class.

Not sure what area qualifiers you have been going to, but the one in Elizabeth City last weekend had over 800 riders, about the same amount as last year. That is certainly a long way from dead. With the real unemployment and underemployment number nearly 20%, and fuel approaching $4.00 per gallon, any idiot should expect numbers to be off some.

Can you please enlighten us with the reason you think LLs is a joke?

I think the new class was not the best idea, but unlike C class, sandbaggers should not be a huge issue in this one. Eligibility is determined by time spent racing, not skill. You can only ride the beginner classes if you have never raced in any form of competition prior to 2010. One race in a hare scramble in 2009, you are not eligible. With the internet, it will be pretty easy to weed out the sandbaggers.
grover738
2/26/2011 6:59am
Shawn142 wrote:
lostboy819 wrote:
Last year there was some dipshit on vital who was crying to DC and emailed him all the names of the guys who qualified in his...
mxmat813 wrote:
Hey bud, that was me. I seperated my shoulder on the first lap of the first moto on the double double single in the back section...
Hey bud, that was me. I seperated my shoulder on the first lap of the first moto on the double double single in the back section of the track. I still rode the rest of the moto's and if you looked at the lap charts I ran in the top ten for half of the second moto until I had to pull off.

And the guy was a sandbagger, that's why he got disqualified. He rode the pro class in the mega series and then tried to qualify for Loretta's in the Vet B/C class. It was one guy, not the whole class, and I protested him well before the national. I thought I already explained this? If you wanna talk about this more feel free to PM me.
Good for you. I've emailed in for sandbaggers too, and I'll continue to do it. A riders who try to qualify in the +30B/C class should be reported. The guys at mxsports are always very appreciative when we, the riders, police ourselves.

Between Mr. lostboy and Mr. rmz, I'm thinking I should change my number.....Tongue
slowvet
2/26/2011 7:01am
Let the sandbagging begin. I aways hated sandbaggers, but I was able to be one a couple of times and it was real nice not gonna...
Let the sandbagging begin. I aways hated sandbaggers, but I was able to be one a couple of times and it was real nice not gonna lie.
I for one appreciate your honesty. I like tall trophies.
chase187
2/26/2011 8:23am
An important point to this newly added beginner class, is that no national championships will be awarded in this class. That should keep the sandbagging to a minimum, it is just a way to get kids exposed to the national, and hopefully get them to try again the following year in a higher class where they are eligible to win a championship, and of course draw more numbers and money at the qualifiers.
wardy
2/26/2011 8:30am
beginner classes in a national championship series is nothing more then to add numbers. specailly since it's not a championship class. no matter every "good" promoter knows the best way to increase income is to simply add classes.

personally I don't believe there should be a C class championship but then since today B class is faster and "schooled"boy is faster then many in the A class, why not have a D, E, F, and G class championship? LOL wait I think beginner is or would be D?

3ob/c class is like no other class out there, that being the fact that no one can justify racing down a class like an adult.

Kids, I understand because the parents push it, but adults thats another story.

I never understood why someone would like to be the champion of a class they didn't belong in. It's funny how we find 10-15 riders a year in that 30B class that don't belong, and then the crying that ensues.

at 53 try to take away the A class status i spent years earning. just try. LOL>./
RMZ819
2/26/2011 9:24am
Ddavis wrote:

LLQ ACP
RMZ819 wrote:
The area qualifiers are dead. They have to add some classes to try and get a few more entries. As the sport goes away there will...

SlowOldGuy wrote:
RMZ819, You spend a lot of time talking out your ass about something that you know nothing about. They didn't add classes to increase attendance, they...
RMZ819,

You spend a lot of time talking out your ass about something that you know nothing about. They didn't add classes to increase attendance, they just dropped Pro Sport to add this class.

Not sure what area qualifiers you have been going to, but the one in Elizabeth City last weekend had over 800 riders, about the same amount as last year. That is certainly a long way from dead. With the real unemployment and underemployment number nearly 20%, and fuel approaching $4.00 per gallon, any idiot should expect numbers to be off some.

I think the new class was not the best idea, but unlike C class, sandbaggers should not be a huge issue in this one. Eligibility is determined by time spent racing, not skill. You can only ride the beginner classes if you have never raced in any form of competition prior to 2010. One race in a hare scramble in 2009, you are not eligible. With the internet, it will be pretty easy to weed out the sandbaggers.
I should of said moving classes around. Take this one make that one. I would of edited it when i posted it but that option is gone. It is what it is. They are fishing for young riders in the 65-85cc classes. That's what i do also. The problem is the entry level is gone. With the pw50 class pretty much gone so goes the sport. MX sports is trying to make these beginner classes the entry level. I would do the same thing. You have to try something when the ship is sinking.
jndmx
2/26/2011 9:35am
RMZ819 wrote:

SlowOldGuy wrote:
RMZ819, You spend a lot of time talking out your ass about something that you know nothing about. They didn't add classes to increase attendance, they...
RMZ819,

RMZ819 wrote:
I should of said moving classes around. Take this one make that one. I would of edited it when i posted it but that option is...
I should of said moving classes around. Take this one make that one. I would of edited it when i posted it but that option is gone. It is what it is. They are fishing for young riders in the 65-85cc classes. That's what i do also. The problem is the entry level is gone. With the pw50 class pretty much gone so goes the sport. MX sports is trying to make these beginner classes the entry level. I would do the same thing. You have to try something when the ship is sinking.
First; The edit feature works if you use Firefox.

How do you arrive at the statement that the ship is sinking?
What are you basing this on?

Do you realize that most folks just don't start off racing in the PW class?
We see beginning riders at the 65 and 85cc level all the time.

Times change.
Some people interpret the class changes as responding to the changes going on in the sport.....you know in some circles responding to the needs of your clients/customers is considered a good thing.

For you the glass is always half-empty.
JB 19
2/26/2011 9:47am
This seems like a slippery slope...........I don't think I like it, but I always seem to be a little too old school for my age............
ZC35
2/26/2011 11:46am
Ddavis wrote:

LLQ ACP
RMZ819 wrote:

SlowOldGuy wrote:
RMZ819,

Yep, there were 40 pros in each pro class at ACP with a few guys lining up in a second row behind the gate

Post a reply to: Beginner at LL now?

The Latest