Arenacross - New rules?

MtnBoy
Edited Date/Time 10/12/2015 11:04pm
Saw a post on Facebook by Arenacross that said "In 4 days we will change the face of heated rivalries"

Anybody know what that's about?
|
The Rock
10/12/2015 11:10am Edited Date/Time 10/12/2015 11:11am
Hope the new rule is new master class for ANYONE that has already raced SX.

Not right up and comers have to compete with those who have already been there done that for AX prize money and recognition.
jeffro503
10/12/2015 11:21am
The Rock wrote:
Hope the new rule is new master class for ANYONE that has already raced SX. Not right up and comers have to compete with those who...
Hope the new rule is new master class for ANYONE that has already raced SX.

Not right up and comers have to compete with those who have already been there done that for AX prize money and recognition.
The up and comers are usually fast , young kids. The vet guys who raced SX are usually without an SX ride or they are on the downside of their career.

The young guys can learn from the older guys , and at least prepare them for what a small taste of SX is all about.

They should NOT make a masters class , as that would not only suck on the racing end of things , but also suck for the younger guys who can't race against guys they probably looked up too.

AX is a professional event! If you are a pro and want to race AX , well guess what? You race who shows up.

Don't mean to sound like an asshole here , just stating my opinion.

Side note : I was there for Jake Weimers very first pro AX race. Like right when he turned 16. Guess what happened? He freakin' pretty much destroyed everyone Friday and Saturday night.

What would of happened if they separated the classes then? Jake probably would of lapped 2nd place about 3 times. Who wins in a situation like that? ( Besides Jake? ).
10/12/2015 11:22am
you have to jump dahlgrens chesticles as a joker lane during each race????
MX Culture
10/12/2015 1:23pm
new points rules for road to supercross competitors, some other tweaks and adjustments

The Shop

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/12/2015 2:01pm
That would be awesome. Where do I sign up? Tongue
early
Fantasy
2231st
10/12/2015 2:34pm
And you have to seat bounce Dat Ass every lap!
The Rock
10/12/2015 3:50pm
I respect your opinion Jeff so will respectfully disagree. To me this is the same as having lifers in the 250F class. If you don't have the talent to get into the 450 class within five years maybe just maybe you should consider a life outside of professional racing?

10/12/2015 4:02pm
There have been a few successful people that Make use of the Lites classes.
Mike brown.....guy does real well for racing a motorcycle. And he's always traveling and riding. Living it up.
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
10/12/2015 4:51pm
The Rock wrote:
I respect your opinion Jeff so will respectfully disagree. To me this is the same as having lifers in the 250F class. If you don't have...
I respect your opinion Jeff so will respectfully disagree. To me this is the same as having lifers in the 250F class. If you don't have the talent to get into the 450 class within five years maybe just maybe you should consider a life outside of professional racing?

I agree with Jeff's opinion. Are you not a fan of 250 lifers? Pro racing is about who is the best, right? Why nerf the classes? I'm not a fan of 250 lifers if they are able to win but if they aren't able to win yet can still compete and earn a ride on a team I don't want to feed them to the sharks (450 class).
JB 19
10/12/2015 5:47pm
The Rock wrote:
I respect your opinion Jeff so will respectfully disagree. To me this is the same as having lifers in the 250F class. If you don't have...

Good thing you don't get to make the decisions.
The Rock
10/12/2015 6:20pm
Yeah if I made the rules chest protectors would be mandatory but seriously folks I am a more of a fan of up and comers than I am 250 lifers. I am also a fan of the east west series and hope they're never combined.

What sense does it make to have veteran riders competing in a Road to SX series when they've already been to SX? I also have never liked it when the big name NASCAR drivers drop down and raced the Busch series or whatever they call it now since they're taking money and exposure away from the up and comers.
The Rock
10/12/2015 6:23pm
There have been a few successful people that Make use of the Lites classes. Mike brown.....guy does real well for racing a motorcycle. And he's always...
There have been a few successful people that Make use of the Lites classes.
Mike brown.....guy does real well for racing a motorcycle. And he's always traveling and riding. Living it up.
Hey GeorgiePorgie the last decade just called and asked the the Lites name back. Not disputing people making a successful living as a 250 lifer just questioning the big fish in a small pond mentality.

Mike Brown and 250 lifers have as much in common as Ryan Dungey and Jacques Cousteau do. Mike hasn't raced a 250 SX since God's dog was a puppy but might have showed up at a National on a 250 circa 2009 but that's too many years ago.
smoothwakey
Fantasy
133rd
10/12/2015 6:57pm
The Rock wrote:
Yeah if I made the rules chest protectors would be mandatory but seriously folks I am a more of a fan of up and comers than...
Yeah if I made the rules chest protectors would be mandatory but seriously folks I am a more of a fan of up and comers than I am 250 lifers. I am also a fan of the east west series and hope they're never combined.

What sense does it make to have veteran riders competing in a Road to SX series when they've already been to SX? I also have never liked it when the big name NASCAR drivers drop down and raced the Busch series or whatever they call it now since they're taking money and exposure away from the up and comers.
but if they only race others who have never made it to supercross, what experiences are they really gaining, it will essentially just be more amateur racing. Up and comers racing only other up and comers is exactly what the road to supercross attempting to negate.
The Rock
10/12/2015 7:00pm
Excellent point smoothwakey. I will have to dwell on this and possibly revisit my present position. Thanks for that.
10/12/2015 7:02pm
Jump? Hell naw. Do some put put motorboatin though? F ya!!

Woohoo
10/12/2015 7:34pm
Racers that are there for the roadblock to supercross are probably going to have to line up to get their point after qualifying.

Why is it that a guy that qualifies .100 of a second slower than 30th place qualifier is unworthy to race supercross?
And if you qualify in the top 30 both days of a doubleheader weekend why no point for each qualifying effort?

Last year the penultimate round in the roadblock series in Fresno was packed with young racers desperate to get a point. Below are some 250 qualifying times.
30th 26.73
31st 26.76
35th 26.9
44th 27.75

Meanwhile on the same night in Santa Clara 150 miles away the supercross race had 40 entries in 450 class and 47 in 250 class.
jeffro503
10/12/2015 7:51pm Edited Date/Time 10/12/2015 7:53pm
Some parents think every kid should get a trophy....including their fat kid that gets winded doing his once a week chore of taking the trash to the end of the driveway. He participated , so he " deserves " a trophy!

This is a professional sport , not little league , T-ball or the special Olympics!

@Rock.....listen to what you're saying here. You don't think it's fair for a kid to have to race against ex-supercross riders , correct? What in the world do you think is going to happen when they actually get to race a supercross? They " SHOULD " be honored and thankful they got a chance to race against guys that have already done it. Give them a small glimpse on weather they think they'll make it in this sport. If you can't beat those ex-supercross guys , then guess what? Either get faster , or go back to school and learn something .

Because not every kid makes it! There is no special hand outs in this sport , or any other professional sport. And guess what elese , if you want to go " pro ".....you have to race against real legitimate pro's! Yeah , it's called " the road to supercross "........Meaning...it aint an easy road to travel , so buckle up!
Starcrossed
10/12/2015 8:03pm
Racers that are there for the roadblock to supercross are probably going to have to line up to get their point after qualifying. Why is it...
Racers that are there for the roadblock to supercross are probably going to have to line up to get their point after qualifying.

Why is it that a guy that qualifies .100 of a second slower than 30th place qualifier is unworthy to race supercross?
And if you qualify in the top 30 both days of a doubleheader weekend why no point for each qualifying effort?

Last year the penultimate round in the roadblock series in Fresno was packed with young racers desperate to get a point. Below are some 250 qualifying times.
30th 26.73
31st 26.76
35th 26.9
44th 27.75

Meanwhile on the same night in Santa Clara 150 miles away the supercross race had 40 entries in 450 class and 47 in 250 class.
"Racers that are there for the roadblock to supercross are probably going to have to line up to get their point after qualifying."

Otherwise known as the Vicky Golden Rule
MtnBoy
10/12/2015 8:09pm
I agree with Jeffro.

But anyway, no insight on what they are talking about with rivalries? A new twist on the head to head races?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/12/2015 8:32pm
Here's my opinion on it....

The road to supercross is a joke. I have a handful of friends that had to do it and a few more that have to do it this year. The ones that already rode it and made their points said that it taught them nothing about supercross. The only thing it taught them is how to slam other guys. Hell, they only have to make it to the night show and ride a lap and pull off and they earn their points. How does that teach you anything about supercross?

IMO the road to supercross was nothing but a way to get more exposure and make more money from the up and comers that have to pay to race it so they can make supercross.

Again this is just my opinion.
MtnBoy
10/12/2015 8:50pm
I've never got the "make more money" crowd.

How much is an Arenacross entry fee? Does a few extra ones really impact the bottom line for Feld? I doubt it.
jeffro503
10/12/2015 9:49pm Edited Date/Time 10/12/2015 10:19pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Here's my opinion on it.... The road to supercross is a joke. I have a handful of friends that had to do it and a few...

The road to supercross is a joke. I have a handful of friends that had to do it and a few more that have to do it this year. The ones that already rode it and made their points said that it taught them nothing about supercross. The only thing it taught them is how to slam other guys. Hell, they only have to make it to the night show and ride a lap and pull off and they earn their points. How does that teach you anything about supercross?

IMO the road to supercross was nothing but a way to get more exposure and make more money from the up and comers that have to pay to race it so they can make supercross.

Oh jesus christ! I don't even know how to reply to this.

" Waahh!!....my tampon string got caught on my gas cap...Waahh! "

Rode around for 1 lap just to get points huh? Did all that work to pull off after 1 freakin' lap? They didn't learn anything? Maybe it's because they pulled off after one fucking lap!!??

Tell those guys to quit trying then and pick up knitting quilts and collecting figurines. God damn i give up.
jeffro503
10/12/2015 9:53pm Edited Date/Time 10/12/2015 10:18pm
.. Never mind.

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/12/2015 10:05pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Here's my opinion on it.... The road to supercross is a joke. I have a handful of friends that had to do it and a few...

jeffro503 wrote:
Oh jesus christ! I don't even know how to reply to this. " Waahh!!....my tampon string got caught on my gas cap...Waahh! " Rode around for...
Oh jesus christ! I don't even know how to reply to this.

" Waahh!!....my tampon string got caught on my gas cap...Waahh! "

Rode around for 1 lap just to get points huh? Did all that work to pull off after 1 freakin' lap? They didn't learn anything? Maybe it's because they pulled off after one fucking lap!!??

Tell those guys to quit trying then and pick up knitting quilts and collecting figurines. God damn i give up.
I didn't say that they only rode one lap and pulled off. They actually rode every lap of the qualifiers had an lcq win and made the mains. However that isn't the case with everyone. I guess I should have been more detailed.

Throughout the series this year there were many riders that made the top 30 and rode the one lap and pulled off so they didn't risk anything. And somehow that was ok with the promoter to earn their points. That's bullshit to me. Don't give them points unless they make the main and ride at least half of the main.

Once the A riders earn their pro points from the AMA pro-ams and get their pro license they all have a chance to ride a full size supercross track anyways whether they are at a training facility or at a local track that has a full scale supercross track. There is no need to race the "road to supercross" to earn 3 points so you can race supercross.
The Rock
10/12/2015 11:00pm Edited Date/Time 10/12/2015 11:00pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Some parents think every kid should get a trophy....including their fat kid that gets winded doing his once a week chore of taking the trash to...
Some parents think every kid should get a trophy....including their fat kid that gets winded doing his once a week chore of taking the trash to the end of the driveway. He participated , so he " deserves " a trophy!

This is a professional sport , not little league , T-ball or the special Olympics!

@Rock.....listen to what you're saying here. You don't think it's fair for a kid to have to race against ex-supercross riders , correct? What in the world do you think is going to happen when they actually get to race a supercross? They " SHOULD " be honored and thankful they got a chance to race against guys that have already done it. Give them a small glimpse on weather they think they'll make it in this sport. If you can't beat those ex-supercross guys , then guess what? Either get faster , or go back to school and learn something .

Because not every kid makes it! There is no special hand outs in this sport , or any other professional sport. And guess what elese , if you want to go " pro ".....you have to race against real legitimate pro's! Yeah , it's called " the road to supercross "........Meaning...it aint an easy road to travel , so buckle up!
Guess you missed my reply to smoothwakey.

I think when they go to A1 or the 250East opener at Dallas to race SX it's welcome to the big show. I'm just not sold (yet perhaps) on the idea of them racing with veterans in a series designed around up and comers but you don't have to make any more posts to sway me. I'm good.
The Rock
10/12/2015 11:04pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I didn't say that they only rode one lap and pulled off. They actually rode every lap of the qualifiers had an lcq win and made...
I didn't say that they only rode one lap and pulled off. They actually rode every lap of the qualifiers had an lcq win and made the mains. However that isn't the case with everyone. I guess I should have been more detailed.

Throughout the series this year there were many riders that made the top 30 and rode the one lap and pulled off so they didn't risk anything. And somehow that was ok with the promoter to earn their points. That's bullshit to me. Don't give them points unless they make the main and ride at least half of the main.

Once the A riders earn their pro points from the AMA pro-ams and get their pro license they all have a chance to ride a full size supercross track anyways whether they are at a training facility or at a local track that has a full scale supercross track. There is no need to race the "road to supercross" to earn 3 points so you can race supercross.
Just who do you think is more qualified to talk about this subject anyway? You because of your AX racing experience or me and my Vital MX brethren? Dude just check our post count and keep in mind some of us even lift before you give your answer.

Seriously thanks for the 411. Love it when I come to Vital MX and actually learn something about the sport.

Post a reply to: Arenacross - New rules?

The Latest