Another glove thread

Edited Date/Time 8/10/2020 3:38pm
I know. I know. This has been beat to death. But I thought maybe someone had something new to say.

I'm not a big fan of the new type of minimalistic glove with no padding. But I'm also not a fan of tons of padding either.

My favorite glove of all time is the '94-'98 Fox Pawtector. It has some padding on top and bottom but not a ton. Anybody know of a glove today that's close to that type of glove?

Thanks!
2
|
kkawboy14
Posts
11486
Joined
6/5/2015
Location
USA
8/9/2020 6:17pm
TLD
2
1
Johnny Ringo
Posts
8219
Joined
1/11/2016
Location
Tombstone, AZ, USA
8/9/2020 6:37pm
Ask Jacob Hayes
3
1
zeromarine
Posts
192
Joined
7/12/2020
Location
Somewhere, AB, CA
8/10/2020 12:24am
I have a pair of the 2017 A stars radar tracker gloves got them as a cheep pair on close out and love them. Not super thin but not thick like the palm of the current pawtector gloves.
I also have a new set of the flexair gloves. I find they give me more arm pump and blisters way faster then the cheep A stars. Maybe try out a pair of the new A stars gloves I’m sure they are pretty well the same as the ones I have for the most part.

The Shop

navalseabee
Posts
1086
Joined
5/5/2011
Location
Virginia Beach, VA, USA
8/10/2020 2:26am
100% has a pretty big line up of gloves, has to be something in there that’ll fit what you want.
Buzzard167
Posts
174
Joined
2/5/2019
Location
Edwardsburg, MI, USA
8/10/2020 3:36am
https://www.caimangloves.com/

I run their mechanics gloves as a moto glove quite often due to them being durable, protective-ish and sold at the gas station down the street from my house hahaha
2
wrc777
Posts
3246
Joined
5/21/2020
Location
Greenwood, IN, USA
Fantasy
8/10/2020 5:13am
zeromarine wrote:
I have a pair of the 2017 A stars radar tracker gloves got them as a cheep pair on close out and love them. Not super...
I have a pair of the 2017 A stars radar tracker gloves got them as a cheep pair on close out and love them. Not super thin but not thick like the palm of the current pawtector gloves.
I also have a new set of the flexair gloves. I find they give me more arm pump and blisters way faster then the cheep A stars. Maybe try out a pair of the new A stars gloves I’m sure they are pretty well the same as the ones I have for the most part.
I am not sure what year of A star Radar gloves (2019 maybe?) I bought last week on clearance but two rides in they are working well for me. I also like the Kinetic gloves with the two layers on the palms but I blew through the stitching between palm and back of glove in my thumb web area on them without much wear on the palms.

The thinner gloves give me instant blisters, and if they are not tight enough I get arm pump too.

I like the 100% Brisker gloves but only for cold weather.
cjmx
Posts
961
Joined
9/25/2006
Location
Lakewood, CO, USA
Fantasy
8/10/2020 6:21am
Novik Gloves

My go to glove for many many years. Super durable and great fit.
Bultaco
Posts
1745
Joined
1/20/2014
Location
Planet, VT, USA
8/10/2020 1:58pm
Buzzard167 wrote:
https://www.caimangloves.com/ I run their mechanics gloves as a moto glove quite often due to them being durable, protective-ish and sold at the gas station down the...
https://www.caimangloves.com/

I run their mechanics gloves as a moto glove quite often due to them being durable, protective-ish and sold at the gas station down the street from my house hahaha
I looked them up. I’d wear the 2900 Glove. Nice find.

My all time favorite glove is the Jofa white and black glove from the 70’s. But I suspect after wearing modern gloves I’d not want to go back those. I currently use Fox Dirtpaws. They are snug and grippy. No troubles hangin on.

1
Spooner
Posts
2483
Joined
1/8/2011
Location
Kansas City, MO, USA
8/10/2020 2:09pm
The Alpinestars Techstar glove is by far my favorite glove and I am super picky about my gloves. The fit and durability is incredible.
8/10/2020 2:23pm
100% airmatic might be a good fit for you.
disbanded
Posts
6994
Joined
8/26/2007
Location
Evergreen, CO, USA
8/10/2020 2:30pm
100%
davidgrip
Posts
273
Joined
10/7/2011
Location
Indianapolis, IN, USA
8/10/2020 3:20pm
Fox Pawtector. Great glove.
skypig
Posts
1004
Joined
8/1/2009
Location
Caloundra, AU
8/10/2020 3:38pm
I’m keen to try the new 5 five gloves.
Certainly I like their Supermoto and Road Race gloves.

Post a reply to: Another glove thread

The Latest