AC at LL's

Mx4life320
Fantasy
2789th
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 12:46pm
Whats with him blowing 5 motors in 4 days?
|
careyn
8/8/2010 8:18pm
going balls out. hahahaah i was pretty shocked when i heard that...
Mx4life320
Fantasy
2789th
8/8/2010 8:22pm
Yea, I mean i understand he rides them really hard... but seriously their 85s, and PC motors...
BobbyM
8/8/2010 8:27pm Edited Date/Time 8/8/2010 8:28pm
maybe this kid isn't the 2nd coming of jesus like everybody says he is, jesus would have kept those motors together. Smile
careyn
8/8/2010 8:29pm
hmm, did he blow up all of the motors on his super mini or his 85? Or both?

The Shop

TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
8/8/2010 9:04pm
careyn wrote:
I know of at least one 112 motor he blew up because apparently in the rush to change it they swapped it with an 85 motor and he had to race the supermini class with an 85.
neysbo
8/8/2010 9:07pm
careyn wrote:
TriRacer27 wrote:
I know of at least one 112 motor he blew up because apparently in the rush to change it they swapped it with an 85 motor...
I know of at least one 112 motor he blew up because apparently in the rush to change it they swapped it with an 85 motor and he had to race the supermini class with an 85.
he did not blow 5 motors, he only raced 4 motos. I know for sure he blew one motor and had some first turn pile ups. Tons of rumors flying on why he did not start his 3rd motos.
mxsuzuki831
8/8/2010 10:30pm
Pretty sad he blew up the one motor, but didnt impress me any more than Webb, Owen and Alex
mx836
8/8/2010 10:40pm
careyn wrote:
He didn't race any 85 classes at LL's. He blew up his supermini.
robkinuk
8/9/2010 2:40am
Didn't now Antonio Cairoli was riding at Lorreta Lynn's?Wink
DC
8/9/2010 5:48am
AC had some terrible luck in his first motos with outside gate picks ( everyone has to draw for first-moto picks) and first-lap crashes. I think he finished the first three motos he raced. Then it just snowballed on him. He had a shot at winning one of his second motos on Friday morning but the motor let go. I also heard about the changing mix-up but did not talk to Adam first hand. It was like Reedy at High Point: just a lot of bad luck for the kid.

Jace Owen, Cooper Webb and Dakota Alix are no slouches by the way. Those are some very fast kids in that SuperMini group!

DC
MX Sports
8/9/2010 5:57am
Owen and Alix are 2 years older and Webb has at least a year on AC. Why didn't AC ride the last moto DC? He had great scores going in.
sdfog1
8/9/2010 6:48am
Owen and Alix are 2 years older and Webb has at least a year on AC. Why didn't AC ride the last moto DC? He had...
Owen and Alix are 2 years older and Webb has at least a year on AC. Why didn't AC ride the last moto DC? He had great scores going in.
Webb has about a half of a year on AC. And the last part of your post is sarcasm I suppose?
motomatt108
8/9/2010 6:56am
So you guys are telling me that the best amateur motocross team, overseen by Mitch Peyton, put the wrong motor in a supermini bike for the star child? Give me a break, AC is a little cry baby, he should have raced the last motos like everyone else that doesn't have a chance. Its better to lose valiantly than to quit because you aren't good enough. I guess that shows us just how hard he is willing to work and should be an eye opener to all those who look at sponsoring him...
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
8/9/2010 7:20am Edited Date/Time 8/9/2010 7:25am
Didnt he have some bad luck with his bikes last year also? Also why did they even have a stock motor when he was racing 2 mod classes?
Nielsen277
8/9/2010 7:27am
So you guys are telling me that the best amateur motocross team, overseen by Mitch Peyton, put the wrong motor in a supermini bike for the...
So you guys are telling me that the best amateur motocross team, overseen by Mitch Peyton, put the wrong motor in a supermini bike for the star child? Give me a break, AC is a little cry baby, he should have raced the last motos like everyone else that doesn't have a chance. Its better to lose valiantly than to quit because you aren't good enough. I guess that shows us just how hard he is willing to work and should be an eye opener to all those who look at sponsoring him...
You're a jackass.

What's your real screen name pal?
MXTR
8/9/2010 7:30am
Owen and Alix are 2 years older and Webb has at least a year on AC. Why didn't AC ride the last moto DC? He had...
As sdfog1 pointed out, Cooper is less than a year older and about the same size as AC. I hope Adam uses his Loretta Lynn's results this year as a learning experience. He should just come out at Mini O's with his head down and just ride........no excuses!

So AC, enough with all of the hype, just ride to the best of your ability. If you get beat in the first motos..........still come out and race and get 2nd or 3rd. You're racing against the best minibike riders in the world, no shame in that.
Jesse318NW
8/9/2010 7:36am
So you guys are telling me that the best amateur motocross team, overseen by Mitch Peyton, put the wrong motor in a supermini bike for the...
I have no clue if it did happen or didn't happen, but confidence is #1. Parents, team managers, etc. will tell the rider anything to keep their confidence up. Maybe now this stuff just gets released on twitter, etc., so the teams have to be careful what they tell the riders so they are not publicly humiliated. It seems like a very unlikely mistake for a rider in a pickup truck racing 80 novice, let alone AC.
Adam43
8/9/2010 7:41am
Getting the hype knocked down a peg or two would probably be the best thing that ever happened to this kid.
8/9/2010 7:42am
sdfog1 wrote:
Webb has about a half of a year on AC. And the last part of your post is sarcasm I suppose?
Webb and AC have Fall B- Days. So it's a year and no sarcasm. DC knows the answer. They're all fast. Just saying AC is real fast for his age and always has been. A lot of fast kids still eligible couldn't ride Supermini's.(too big) Covington,Hill,Bisceglia and Bell was hurt.
motomatt108
8/9/2010 7:54am
Nielsen277 wrote:
You're a jackass.

What's your real screen name pal?
I believe my real screen name would be motomatt108...? Why are you so upset? He just gave up an left, none of us know the real reason why he actually left but my guess is that he was challenged for the first time in a really long time and he couldn't take the pressure. I'm not trying to knock the guy, and yeah I was maybe too harsh in my first post, but still. His parents shouldn't have packed up and left. Thats not a good lesson to teach a kid when you want him to become pro in a sport this competitive.
africanMX
8/9/2010 8:04am
What the hell is wrong with you D-Bags?

The kid is 13 years old and you are already tearing him apart for not competing in his final 2 motos without even discovering what the full story is! And even if the actual story is that he wasn't having a good week and decided to go home early, SO WHAT????? Let the kid have some slack FFS!

And motomatt108, barring any serious injury, AC is going pro as soon as possible whether he completes the last 2 motos at LL or not. The kid is super fast, seriously dedicated and has put in too much work already to make this a full time career.
8/9/2010 8:16am
Guys,

Don't forget that Adam could have chosen to take the easier route and race 85cc stock and mod and duck Webb, Alix and Owen. He chose to step up and race against the better, older riders. Not sure of the circumstances behind not riding the last motos but I have known them for a long time and they usually make pretty good decisions.

africanMX
8/9/2010 8:17am
SlowOldGuy wrote:
Guys, Don't forget that Adam could have chosen to take the easier route and race 85cc stock and mod and duck Webb, Alix and Owen. He...
Guys,

Don't forget that Adam could have chosen to take the easier route and race 85cc stock and mod and duck Webb, Alix and Owen. He chose to step up and race against the better, older riders. Not sure of the circumstances behind not riding the last motos but I have known them for a long time and they usually make pretty good decisions.

x2
Hanaa80
8/9/2010 8:18am
africanMX wrote:
What the hell is wrong with you D-Bags? The kid is 13 years old and you are already tearing him apart for not competing in his...
What the hell is wrong with you D-Bags?

The kid is 13 years old and you are already tearing him apart for not competing in his final 2 motos without even discovering what the full story is! And even if the actual story is that he wasn't having a good week and decided to go home early, SO WHAT????? Let the kid have some slack FFS!

And motomatt108, barring any serious injury, AC is going pro as soon as possible whether he completes the last 2 motos at LL or not. The kid is super fast, seriously dedicated and has put in too much work already to make this a full time career.
X2
Slow
8/9/2010 8:18am
If he was healthy he should have rode the last moto.
Flatliner
8/9/2010 8:29am
Adam43 wrote:
Getting the hype knocked down a peg or two would probably be the best thing that ever happened to this kid.
I also don't get why grown men are making such a big deal out of what a 13 year old is upto.

This sport makes me shake my head sometimes.
NP301
8/9/2010 8:48am Edited Date/Time 8/9/2010 2:06pm
i'm friends with dakota in person he's from around where i live, dakota hauls, dakota deserved the championship, great kid, great family. Wink
jndmx
8/9/2010 8:55am
NP301 wrote:
i'm friends with dakota in person he's from around where i live, dakota hauls, dakota deserved the championship, great kid, great family.
i'm friends with dakota in person he's from around where i live, dakota hauls, dakota deserved the championship, great kid, great family. Wink
Nate I can appreciate that you like Dakota and are pulling for him since he is from New England like we are.

But Cooper is a nice kid with a great family so maybe you might want to re-think that last line.
Jakes Dad
8/9/2010 8:55am
Adam steps up and takes the hardest challenges he can to prepare himself for the future. For fun down here he runs the youth classes and does really well against the 250F's.

2 years ago at Lorreta's his 85 stock motors had big time issues that cost him. Now this the pressure and snafu's may have got to the kid. This will make them more focused than ever I can't wait to watch him ride at Mini-O's.

Post a reply to: AC at LL's

The Latest