2 Strokes

Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 12:08am
Can we all just face the facts that they are gone. I'm not saying it is a good thing or that it is a bad thing but it has happened so get over it they are not going to make a come back. EVER !!!!!!!
|
ThePipe
Posts
1834
Joined
8/2/2006
Location
Hell WI pop 1, WI, USA
12/22/2008 10:26pm
NOPE
TerryK
Posts
9899
Joined
8/17/2006
Location
CA
12/22/2008 10:35pm
NOPE.

Not gone at all. Yamaha, Suzuki and KTM still make them.
race
Posts
3480
Joined
8/26/2006
Location
USA
12/22/2008 10:36pm
Can we all just face the facts that they are gone. I'm not saying it is a good thing or that it is a bad thing...
Can we all just face the facts that they are gone. I'm not saying it is a good thing or that it is a bad thing but it has happened so get over it they are not going to make a come back. EVER !!!!!!!
Can we just face how clueless you are?

Do us a favor and spare us any more of your insight into the sport.
KBehlingMX
Posts
373
Joined
5/3/2008
Location
San Diego, CA, USA
12/22/2008 10:37pm
Break out the torches and pitch forks.

Sorry jordy, selling my '08 450 to buy a 250 2 smoke once I'm healed.

Evil

The Shop

Racer797
Posts
27
Joined
12/22/2008
Location
N/A, USA
12/22/2008 10:48pm
Bought 2 new ones this Sept.
Rim Lock
Posts
713
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Nikiski, USA
12/22/2008 11:24pm
I'm old enough that I can say I will finish out riding on them.

I did the valve job dealio on the 04 CRF250 twice and that was enough for me.

I'd rather ride, wash, do top ends every 6 months and call it good.

Checking valve spacements and shims is for someone else with a lot more time on their hands than me.

As long as they still make them, I will buy them. Been very interested in the KTM 300 MX version with the electric start.

Premix Baby!
calimxer91
Posts
5077
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Lancaster, CA, USA
12/23/2008 12:32am
Thread=FAIL
jtomasik
Posts
12895
Joined
8/17/2006
Location
Golden, CO, USA
12/23/2008 4:01am
Can we all just face the facts that they are gone. I'm not saying it is a good thing or that it is a bad thing...
Can we all just face the facts that they are gone. I'm not saying it is a good thing or that it is a bad thing but it has happened so get over it they are not going to make a come back. EVER !!!!!!!
You're correct. They're gone, if you're the unfortunate riding a 4-stroke against one.

Here's a pic of my AF:



Take a good look. That's the only view you'll get of that 2-stroke...it going away, FAST.
AMA714
Posts
780
Joined
12/27/2007
Location
San Antonio, TX, USA
12/23/2008 5:10am
Can we all just face the facts that they are gone. I'm not saying it is a good thing or that it is a bad thing...
Can we all just face the facts that they are gone. I'm not saying it is a good thing or that it is a bad thing but it has happened so get over it they are not going to make a come back. EVER !!!!!!!
jtomasik wrote:
You're correct. They're gone, if you're the unfortunate riding a 4-stroke against one. Here's a pic of my AF: [img]http://servicehonda.com/images/preowned/Brad%20Powell%20500AF/Rear.jpg[/img] Take a good look. That's the...
You're correct. They're gone, if you're the unfortunate riding a 4-stroke against one.

Here's a pic of my AF:



Take a good look. That's the only view you'll get of that 2-stroke...it going away, FAST.
Post more AF pics... I want one too....
curmudgeon
Posts
1036
Joined
4/3/2007
Location
Calgary, CA
12/23/2008 5:23am
You had me worried there, I had to run out to my garage this morning and check, but it's still there. The funny thing is that I am sure someone said the same thing about 4 strokes in the late 60's.
Camp332
Posts
8762
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Zoo Jersey, USA
12/23/2008 5:28am
As long as AJ and Service Honda are around, I will be able to get me a two stroke. I would like to buy a2012 Honda 250 2 stroke from AJ in a few years. As long as he can buy "crate" 250 cc engines from Honda, I'll be fine.
nc_mx_kid
Posts
1485
Joined
3/6/2007
Location
Team Charlotte Motorsports, NC, USA
12/23/2008 7:40am
I enjoy my 250 2stroke against 250 4strokes. Smile
-eagle-
Posts
1610
Joined
5/9/2008
Location
ZW
12/23/2008 7:52am
Malcolm Stewart must have missed the memo.
Denn700
Posts
1285
Joined
11/7/2006
Location
Shreveport, LA, USA
12/23/2008 8:12am
I'm getting a KTM 150 or KTM200 in Febuary then I am getting a 125 shifter Kart to race this summer.
MX7MX
Posts
845
Joined
8/28/2007
Location
USA
12/23/2008 10:30am
GREAT POST!!!!!
12/23/2008 10:34am
Can GuyB put users into the dumbgeon?

I think we need a user dumbgeon Wink
calimxer91
Posts
5077
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Lancaster, CA, USA
12/23/2008 10:36am
Can we all just face the facts that they are gone. I'm not saying it is a good thing or that it is a bad thing...
Can we all just face the facts that they are gone. I'm not saying it is a good thing or that it is a bad thing but it has happened so get over it they are not going to make a come back. EVER !!!!!!!
jtomasik wrote:
You're correct. They're gone, if you're the unfortunate riding a 4-stroke against one. Here's a pic of my AF: [img]http://servicehonda.com/images/preowned/Brad%20Powell%20500AF/Rear.jpg[/img] Take a good look. That's the...
You're correct. They're gone, if you're the unfortunate riding a 4-stroke against one.

Here's a pic of my AF:



Take a good look. That's the only view you'll get of that 2-stroke...it going away, FAST.
Already need a rear tire . You should throw a 120 on there.Is that a flag holder on the left of the fender?
Oldmotoguy
Posts
1772
Joined
8/29/2008
Location
Oceanside, CA, USA
12/23/2008 10:59am
Can we all just face the facts that they are gone. I'm not saying it is a good thing or that it is a bad thing...
Can we all just face the facts that they are gone. I'm not saying it is a good thing or that it is a bad thing but it has happened so get over it they are not going to make a come back. EVER !!!!!!!
jtomasik wrote:
You're correct. They're gone, if you're the unfortunate riding a 4-stroke against one. Here's a pic of my AF: [img]http://servicehonda.com/images/preowned/Brad%20Powell%20500AF/Rear.jpg[/img] Take a good look. That's the...
You're correct. They're gone, if you're the unfortunate riding a 4-stroke against one.

Here's a pic of my AF:



Take a good look. That's the only view you'll get of that 2-stroke...it going away, FAST.
it will be too much bike for you..you'll be so scared..
jtomasik
Posts
12895
Joined
8/17/2006
Location
Golden, CO, USA
12/23/2008 11:05am
Oldmotoguy wrote:
it will be too much bike for you..you'll be so scared..
That's exactly what I need.
12/23/2008 11:14am
Camp332 wrote:
As long as AJ and Service Honda are around, I will be able to get me a two stroke. I would like to buy a2012 Honda...
As long as AJ and Service Honda are around, I will be able to get me a two stroke. I would like to buy a2012 Honda 250 2 stroke from AJ in a few years. As long as he can buy "crate" 250 cc engines from Honda, I'll be fine.
but make it a crate 01 motor cuz those were them best Honda 250 2 stroke motors of modern times.... Evil
Racer92
Posts
17965
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Central, TX, USA
12/23/2008 11:22am


Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap
jtomasik
Posts
12895
Joined
8/17/2006
Location
Golden, CO, USA
12/23/2008 11:55am
Racer92 wrote:
[img]http://204.56.209.7/misc/fmf.jpg[/img] Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap


Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap
Dang, Racer. That baby's way too clean. Do you have any dirt in Texas?
Racer92
Posts
17965
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Central, TX, USA
12/23/2008 12:17pm
jtomasik wrote:
Dang, Racer. That baby's way too clean. Do you have any dirt in Texas?
That was right after a wash job to put the new exhaust on. This was the TORCS race the weekend before.

rm85racer
Posts
107
Joined
11/28/2008
Location
Terre Haute, IN, USA
12/23/2008 12:50pm
Two-strokes will never die. They kick too much butt
jtomasik
Posts
12895
Joined
8/17/2006
Location
Golden, CO, USA
12/23/2008 12:56pm
jtomasik wrote:
Dang, Racer. That baby's way too clean. Do you have any dirt in Texas?
Racer92 wrote:
That was right after a wash job to put the new exhaust on. This was the TORCS race the weekend before. [img]http://204.56.209.7/misc/mud-zook2.jpg[/img]
That was right after a wash job to put the new exhaust on. This was the TORCS race the weekend before.

Now that pic gives me wood.
mxking465
Posts
1
Joined
5/24/2007
Location
Kansas City, MO, USA
12/23/2008 2:53pm
Well this is whats going on my 2009 YZ250 in March.

AJ
Posts
933
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Lowell, IN, USA
12/23/2008 3:15pm
i will have an 09 Service Honda CR250*AF* (09 CRF250R chassis/01 CR250 engine )
done soon guys,
and yes with a new 01 CR250 engine.
(i have a few of those engines ive been holding onto, just for that,,lol)

2 strokes may be dead.....
but i'm pretty dang busy..


kaw rider9
Posts
4163
Joined
12/4/2007
Location
East Peoria, IL, USA
12/23/2008 3:25pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 9:37pm
How's the KX300AF coming along?

Done yet? Get the curtian ironed for some pics?
MX7MX
Posts
845
Joined
8/28/2007
Location
USA
12/23/2008 3:32pm
ewwwwwwwww look out for this guy he has a 2 stroke!!! WHOOPTY FREAKIN DO!
12/23/2008 3:39pm
honestly you are missing the point of what i am saying i love two strokes trust me i wish four strokes were never thought of but it is time to stop beliveing that they are goin to make a come back

Post a reply to: 2 Strokes

The Latest