Chad Sanner article

lumpy790
Edited Date/Time 1/1/2016 2:39pm
|
Sully22
12/30/2015 6:08pm Edited Date/Time 12/30/2015 6:08pm
great read, great story...nice to get the other side. kudos to racerx and davey for making it happen and putting it out there. can't wait for part 2
12/31/2015 7:28am
It's kinda interesting. It seems to me like he tries to pin the problems on Troll. And it's true that Durham wasn't really featured in Matthes' original story. Troll and Phil, along with Steve, also mentioned that there was other stuff going on that they left out. It will be interesting to see if it surfaces now.
Sandberm
12/31/2015 8:06am
All I got out of that is that Alex Martin is a slob to live with but he trains hard and that its his fault that Durham tripped and broke his foot. Dry

Ill have to go back and review the tape...I cant remember anything about Trolls ace mechanic departing the scene in the first article.

The Shop

ML512
Fantasy
45th
12/31/2015 8:38am
I wonder if he talks about ignoring customer calls/emails for months and going into hiding in part two...
hvaughn88
12/31/2015 8:54am
ML512 wrote:
I wonder if he talks about ignoring customer calls/emails for months and going into hiding in part two...
Ouch!!
Graybeard
Fantasy
2310th
12/31/2015 9:08am
Shit, no wonder this sport sucks for attracting sponsors. Don't know this guy from Adam, but he helped a few riders move up, went week-to-week, paycheck-to-paycheck for a friend, and gets bagged on by internet trolls for his trouble! Hope it makes everyone feel better to bash him, then we can listen to those same people whine about no sponsors, no help, etc.
Sandberm
12/31/2015 9:14am
Graybeard wrote:
Shit, no wonder this sport sucks for attracting sponsors. Don't know this guy from Adam, but he helped a few riders move up, went week-to-week, paycheck-to-paycheck...
Shit, no wonder this sport sucks for attracting sponsors. Don't know this guy from Adam, but he helped a few riders move up, went week-to-week, paycheck-to-paycheck for a friend, and gets bagged on by internet trolls for his trouble! Hope it makes everyone feel better to bash him, then we can listen to those same people whine about no sponsors, no help, etc.
Fair enough.

But through story after story it starts to paint a picture doesnt it? And that picture is, if you send him your engine to be worked on it may or may not come back in a timely manner. If you call him he may or may not answer/call you back. If you depend on him to pay the bills it may or may not happen.

Its what some of us call being flaky. Does anybody else interpret the picture being painted differently?

You love the guy if he comes through for you, hate him if he doesnt.
12/31/2015 9:16am
ML512 wrote:
Epic!

Graybeard
Fantasy
2310th
12/31/2015 9:29am
Is there a need to paint a different picture of this guy? if so, flame away on him, if that makes you feel better. Lord knows there must be hundreds more like him out there willing to do what he did for Durham and Martin for nothing but the stress of living paycheck to paycheck, for someone else! I can see a correlation between what you're describing and what he was trying to do running a business and a race team both, so I get that. But I'm also willing to appreciate what he did for other riders.
Olson
12/31/2015 9:37am
Graybeard wrote:
Is there a need to paint a different picture of this guy? if so, flame away on him, if that makes you feel better. Lord knows...
Is there a need to paint a different picture of this guy? if so, flame away on him, if that makes you feel better. Lord knows there must be hundreds more like him out there willing to do what he did for Durham and Martin for nothing but the stress of living paycheck to paycheck, for someone else! I can see a correlation between what you're describing and what he was trying to do running a business and a race team both, so I get that. But I'm also willing to appreciate what he did for other riders.
Well said.
Trav138
12/31/2015 9:48am
Que the piling on!
Sure the guy and the business had plenty of issues, but all the fucking crying over 11/10 gets real old. Before all you heroes get your panties all wadded up, i've been beat up over product or services plenty of times guess-what?? i got over it and moved on. Shit happens and nothing in this world is guarranteed.
bob567
12/31/2015 10:48am Edited Date/Time 12/31/2015 12:32pm
ML512 wrote:
Sounds like he put the riders ( Martin/Durham) before his own personal income/career concerns. Dumb, stupid and reckless for sure. He should have worried about number 1 and told those guys to ask daddy to build their bikes and get them to the races. Speaking of which why was Alex asking Sanner for help? His parents are loaded from this sport.
There is a lot more that will come to light on this story. Thank you to Matthes and RacerX. And thanks to Sanner for doing what he did to create careers for Durham, Martin and Nicoletti.

DC
12/31/2015 12:20pm Edited Date/Time 12/31/2015 12:21pm
"I wonder if he talks about ignoring customer calls/emails for months and going into hiding in part two..."

No. I wanted to talk about the team, not business. I imagine the end of any business is ugly and difficult.

Thanks for reading, gang.

DC
12/31/2015 12:59pm Edited Date/Time 12/31/2015 1:06pm
The original story was just kind of poking fun at the dude for having no money and running a team on a shoestring. That doesn't make him a bad or dishonest person. In fact, reading this article it seems like he killed himself to keep it going.
This sport is funny. Some of its followers seem to love to watch others go down in flames, and then stomp on the ashes a little bit.
JB 19
12/31/2015 12:59pm Edited Date/Time 12/31/2015 1:01pm
If you try to make everyone happy, you end up making no one happy.

Sounds like a lot of good intentions while not realizing that one person can only do so much.
mxb2
12/31/2015 1:16pm
ML512 wrote:
bob567 wrote:
Sounds like he put the riders ( Martin/Durham) before his own personal income/career concerns. Dumb, stupid and reckless for sure. He should have worried about number...
Sounds like he put the riders ( Martin/Durham) before his own personal income/career concerns. Dumb, stupid and reckless for sure. He should have worried about number 1 and told those guys to ask daddy to build their bikes and get them to the races. Speaking of which why was Alex asking Sanner for help? His parents are loaded from this sport.
There is a lot more that will come to light on this story. Thank you to Matthes and RacerX. And thanks to Sanner for doing what he did to create careers for Durham, Martin and Nicoletti.

X2, i doubt the martins are hurting for money.
cable
12/31/2015 2:06pm
These small Hop-up shops always seem to go bad at some point it seems. Lots of labor, and skill, and not enough time in the day to do it all yourself.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
12/31/2015 2:10pm
ML512 wrote:
You're supposed to be a unbias reporter.
Sandberm
12/31/2015 2:13pm Edited Date/Time 12/31/2015 2:14pm
ML512 wrote:
bob567 wrote:
Sounds like he put the riders ( Martin/Durham) before his own personal income/career concerns. Dumb, stupid and reckless for sure. He should have worried about number...

mxb2 wrote:
Whoah whoah whoah.

Do you know for sure that Alex Martins parents can A)Fund his pro racing effort and b)Why should they?

This is the second thread on here today that made mention of riders that are in their 20's having rich parents that SHOULD continue to fund their kids racing effort.

I see nothing wrong with parents making there kids earn there way in life.
mark_swart
12/31/2015 2:25pm
I thought it was a great read and it's cool to hear the whole story. As I read, all I could think was how much it sucked that they couldn't nail down some additional team sponsors for stability. Imagine how different this story would have turned out if they could have marketed themselves and nailed down even $100K in (Insert Energy Drink Here) money. These guys were capable of podiums and the bikes (if nothing else) were fast -- that should have been pretty marketable as the Cinderella story in the black van.

It's also interesting in seeing the difference in perspective from the other story, in this one Sanner seems to be somewhat reluctantly trying to help some guys with talent get to the top, where the point of view from the riders in the other version seemed to think that they were in a more formal team structure that could barely keep things going.
mxb2
12/31/2015 3:07pm
bob567 wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
Sandberm wrote:
Whoah whoah whoah. Do you know for sure that Alex Martins parents can A)Fund his pro racing effort and b)Why should they? This is the second...
Whoah whoah whoah.

Do you know for sure that Alex Martins parents can A)Fund his pro racing effort and b)Why should they?

This is the second thread on here today that made mention of riders that are in their 20's having rich parents that SHOULD continue to fund their kids racing effort.

I see nothing wrong with parents making there kids earn there way in life.
Not a bad thing getting support other ways, but the way its written, martin was broke. If that was the case, the family could have or might have sent him money,sometimes dreams end when the money train ends, and reality sets in and a regular job is in order.
MX455
12/31/2015 4:34pm
mxb2 wrote:
Not a bad thing getting support other ways, but the way its written, martin was broke. If that was the case, the family could have or...
Not a bad thing getting support other ways, but the way its written, martin was broke. If that was the case, the family could have or might have sent him money,sometimes dreams end when the money train ends, and reality sets in and a regular job is in order.
Isn't that what they did? Sounds like the money train ended fir all of them and they were all making a last ditch effort. It seems to have worked out for them in one way or another but in no way is it their fault that someone offered to help them and they took the opportunity. Sanner may have had good intensons but your word is all you have. He didn't come through multiple times and now he's pointing the finger and coming up with excuses.
mxb2
12/31/2015 5:18pm
mxb2 wrote:
Not a bad thing getting support other ways, but the way its written, martin was broke. If that was the case, the family could have or...
MX455 wrote:
Isn't that what they did? Sounds like the money train ended fir all of them and they were all making a last ditch effort. It seems...
Isn't that what they did? Sounds like the money train ended fir all of them and they were all making a last ditch effort. It seems to have worked out for them in one way or another but in no way is it their fault that someone offered to help them and they took the opportunity. Sanner may have had good intensons but your word is all you have. He didn't come through multiple times and now he's pointing the finger and coming up with excuses.
True , cant buy wine with beer money.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
12/31/2015 5:44pm
ML512 wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:
You're supposed to be a unbias reporter.
I'm not the one doing the interview and I'm most definitely allowed to have an opinion.
newmann
12/31/2015 6:01pm
Sanner had no business fielding a race team out of a hole in the wall shop. But he did and he did quite well. I can admire that. I've spent my entire life making sure everyone got paid on time and that no checks ever bounced. I also never got to field a race team...lol. There have been quite a few rich fuckers come in and gut the sport. Maybe ML512 will follow up on the MDK dude that DC did the feel good story on years ago since he seems to have such a hard on for Sanner. LaughingLaughing Don't just stop with Sanner, keep the ball rolling. Follow up on the Albertyn effect on DeCosters retirement too while you are at it. And did Ryan Hughes ever pay Lapaglia's dad???Laughing
yak651
Fantasy
214th
12/31/2015 6:14pm
newmann wrote:
Sanner had no business fielding a race team out of a hole in the wall shop. But he did and he did quite well. I can...
Sanner had no business fielding a race team out of a hole in the wall shop. But he did and he did quite well. I can admire that. I've spent my entire life making sure everyone got paid on time and that no checks ever bounced. I also never got to field a race team...lol. There have been quite a few rich fuckers come in and gut the sport. Maybe ML512 will follow up on the MDK dude that DC did the feel good story on years ago since he seems to have such a hard on for Sanner. LaughingLaughing Don't just stop with Sanner, keep the ball rolling. Follow up on the Albertyn effect on DeCosters retirement too while you are at it. And did Ryan Hughes ever pay Lapaglia's dad???Laughing
Might as well also follow up to see if Leib got his money from the kid who's grandma stiffed him...Wonder if this stuff happens in NASCRAP?
newmann
12/31/2015 6:33pm
newmann wrote:
Sanner had no business fielding a race team out of a hole in the wall shop. But he did and he did quite well. I can...
yak651 wrote:
Might as well also follow up to see if Leib got his money from the kid who's grandma stiffed him...Wonder if this stuff happens in NASCRAP?
No joke, what a shitfest that was. Never knew there were so many entitled folks in our little sport. But back to Sanner, I'm glad I got to spend the day helping them out at Freestone even if I did have to pay twice for my family to get into the pits. Good times.

Post a reply to: Chad Sanner article

The Latest