2006 Rm250 build

Related:
Create New Tag

11/12/2018 9:00 AM

Figured I would start sharing my current build. The goal is to have it finished by spring. Starting with an all original 06 I picked up last month.
Air box was caked in a layer of grease so i disassembled cleaned and reassembled.

Casting lines removed and clamps cleaned up.

|

11/12/2018 9:19 AM

Nice find!

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, O'Neal, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

11/12/2018 9:32 AM

Awesome!! Nice work on the clamps they look great.

|

11/12/2018 10:04 AM

Thanks guys, bike is in great shape overall but was very dirty (likely never washed with a power washer). I have stripped it down the the frame already and cleaned everything (forgot to take pictures). I will take some pictures of some goodies I already have as well as what I have coming later.

|

11/14/2018 6:51 PM

Working on updated front fender tonight, decided on the the 08-17 RMZ front end. The 18/19 front just wont look good with the bike to me.

Hinson clutch cover came in.

Some light speed goodies as well

|

11/15/2018 7:16 PM

Good lord , that is one fresh RM! Great find man , and good luck on the build!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

11/16/2018 6:59 PM

Got these bad boys in today!

|

11/17/2018 2:13 AM

Sweet build...... those pegs are killer!!!!!

|

12/1/2018 4:08 PM

Very nice. Built one myself this past summer and really enjoyed riding it.

|

12/2/2018 11:59 PM

motofool wrote:

Got these bad boys in today!

Whoooaaaaaaaaa!

Where did these come from? Are they made for an RM?
They look insane

Looking forward to seeing this progress

|

@russ_69

12/5/2018 7:51 AM

Pegs are for the Rm, but do take a little bit of work to make them fit but for a good reason after talking to a tech at Bud. There is a little tab on the back that has to be ground down to make the peg lay flat but bike that have been rode alot need a little more material to compensate with frame ware. Mine being near new I had to grind almost all of it off. Fit and finish is great I will be ordering a set for the 450 soon as well.

Also got some works connection pieces in.

|

12/5/2018 6:38 PM

Impressive build! Nice work.

|

Trying bf goodrich tires for off-roading for the first time.

1/8/2019 1:09 PM

Anyone have any experience with scalvini pipe fitment? As you can see in the pictures mine doesn't fit the greatest. I had to remove a bolt on the motor and it is also touching the radiator hose. There is a pre dented spot in the back where the bolt goes but it is to tight to fit. I am thinking of making it a little bigger but nervous to dent pipe. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

|

1/8/2019 2:35 PM

I had to fix mine
Heat and bang it a little with a small hammer

|

Thanks to- Monster energy, Mika metals, DT-1 filters,Factory connection, works connection, factory effex,acerbis,O'Neal,Scott,Hann wheels,Maugra USA, Engine ice,Slick products,Leatt. Yes me sponsors are real.

1/9/2019 4:27 AM

Mine was really close to the radiator hose so I cut about 2cm off the end and that allowed to pull it tighter and create some extra clearance. I might wrap the hose with some silver insulation tape just be to safe.

|

1/9/2019 5:24 AM

Nice bike and great progress but those bear traps for your feet look angry.

|

1/9/2019 4:02 PM

I know exactly which bolt you guys are referring too. I only have like a 2mm of clearance myself with the Scalvini , but after about 20 hours with it on there , there isn't even a scratch from them making contact. It yours is making contact , I would probably remove that bolt and grind some of it down , or possibly fit like a button head bolt in there. That will give you a good 5 - 7mm of clearance.

Also.....where the heck did you find the lightspeed parts? I've been looking forever for a skid plate.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

1/9/2019 11:00 PM

Nice project. I like all the parts you bought. Keep us posted.

|

1/10/2019 1:40 AM

Std spring and pin with bud pegs?

|

1/10/2019 8:57 AM

Cooper 688 wrote:

Mine was really close to the radiator hose so I cut about 2cm off the end and that allowed to pull it tighter and create some extra clearance. I might wrap the hose with some silver insulation tape just be to safe.

That's exactly what I had planned to do on the hose. Should have no trouble there after I do that. Thanks!

|

1/10/2019 9:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/25/2019 8:12 AM

jeffro503 wrote:

I know exactly which bolt you guys are referring too. I only have like a 2mm of clearance myself with the Scalvini , but after about 20 hours with it on there , there isn't even a scratch from them making contact. It yours is making contact , I would probably remove that bolt and grind some of it down , or possibly fit like a button head bolt in there. That will give you a good 5 - 7mm of clearance.

Also.....where the heck did you find the lightspeed parts? I've been looking forever for a skid plate.

I have enough clearance when the pipe is in place but getting it into place without dinging. Grinding the bolt down is a good idea I will have to try.
Thanks for the advice jeffro503!

|

1/10/2019 11:00 AM

jmc2 wrote:

Nice bike and great progress but those bear traps for your feet look angry.

They are sharp I've been very careful around them I dont want to catch a shin... hopefully there nice to my boots.

|

1/10/2019 11:01 AM

Dirtdemon wrote:

Std spring and pin with bud pegs?

Yes you can use stock pin and spring they work just fine.

|

1/15/2019 9:03 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

motofool wrote:

I have enough clearance when the pipe is in place but getting it into place without dinging. Grinding the bolt down is a good idea I will have to try.
Thanks for the advice jeffro503!

Crap! I just saw this Eric. Sending you an email now.

|

1/16/2019 1:09 PM

Just wanted to give a big shout out to Eric here , for helping me locate a Lightspeed skid plate. Been looking for 2 + years for one , and I finally got one coming! Thanks Eric! Now if anyone knows where I can find the lightspeed Fork guards that would be really cool!

|

1/17/2019 2:16 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

Just wanted to give a big shout out to Eric here , for helping me locate a Lightspeed skid plate. Been looking for 2 + years for one , and I finally got one coming! Thanks Eric! Now if anyone knows where I can find the lightspeed Fork guards that would be really cool!

Glad I was able to help!

|

1/23/2019 8:40 AM

Nice build!

|

1/23/2019 2:55 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

How's your build coming along?? Been waiting for updates. Come on Jeffro!

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, O'Neal, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

2/8/2019 6:14 PM

You know a 13 year old bike is fresh when the seat foam is still brand new.

Should have wheels and a trick box of goodies from Motostuff delivered monday
Anyone using a lectron carb? Very interested looking for opinions on it.

|

2/8/2019 8:39 PM

Looks awesome. I’m a huge fan of not cutting the number plates and leaving them stock.

|