F1 2026

-MAVERICK-
Posts
68121
Joined
3/26/2015
Location
Ontario, CA
7/7/2026 11:57am
1
TeamGreen
Posts
37754
Joined
11/25/2008
Location
Thru-out, CA, USA
7/7/2026 6:05pm

Since the old man died, Red Bull ain’t the same…the period of firings/personnel changes was ONLY about The Money.  Period. And…that’s why Horner got out with a huge stipend from the team fund; they didn’t want to “afford” to keep him. 

It wasn’t that long ago that Max had the offers of a lifetime…from ALL the top teams…yet, he was bribed into staying…all the while…now, he’s gonna get out due to the team’s “failure to perform” (yup, its a clause).

1
kmc140
Posts
433
Joined
11/30/2024
Location
Green Bay, WI, USA
7/8/2026 3:52am Edited Date/Time 7/8/2026 3:56am

Not to blow my own horn ... 

"Identical block, rods, and pistons, the heads and everything else is up to the teams. 11.5k chip, 2.5L ... NA and no battery. You give the engineers those parameters and just sit back and watch."

While not quite exactly the same ... 

----------‐----------------‐---------------------------------------

 Jul.8 (GMM) FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem has revealed fresh details of Formula 1’s planned post-2030 engine formula, including the possibility of an independent supplier for customer teams.

Amid widespread criticism of the all-new 2026 regulations, Formula 1 is already working on a simpler, lighter and less expensive engine formula for 2031 centred on V8 power.

Ben Sulayem has repeatedly indicated the next generation of engines will retain only a limited hybrid element while dramatically reducing cost, weight and complexity whilst adding noise.

Now, the FIA president says customer teams could also be supplied by an independent manufacturer selected by the governing body.

“There will be no control over the teams, over Team A versus Team B, which receives the engines,” Ben Sulayem said during a roundtable with British media at Silverstone.

“If it’s economically viable, we’ll have one engine for all the B teams, so no one can leverage them and say, ‘Vote this way, otherwise we won’t give you a good engine’.”

“It will be an engine selected by the FIA that will be allowed to the teams.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes I am a genius. You can all send me your monetary gratitude. Small bills of course ... lots of them. 

1

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Posts
68121
Joined
3/26/2015
Location
Ontario, CA
7/8/2026 7:12am
1
-MAVERICK-
Posts
68121
Joined
3/26/2015
Location
Ontario, CA
7/13/2026 7:34am
-MAVERICK-
Posts
68121
Joined
3/26/2015
Location
Ontario, CA
7/17/2026 6:38am

Belgium 

FP1

1000011672
-MAVERICK-
Posts
68121
Joined
3/26/2015
Location
Ontario, CA
7/17/2026 10:02am

FP2

1000011673
-MAVERICK-
Posts
68121
Joined
3/26/2015
Location
Ontario, CA
7/18/2026 6:31am

FP3

1000011676
-MAVERICK-
Posts
68121
Joined
3/26/2015
Location
Ontario, CA
7/18/2026 8:37am
TeamGreen
Posts
37754
Joined
11/25/2008
Location
Thru-out, CA, USA
7/18/2026 4:33pm

Isack towing Max in P3 was very old-school.

1
7/19/2026 7:08am

Looking at the lap times from Spa F1 this year VS. last year, it pretty sad. This year's race lap times are almost 6 seconds a lap slower than last year.....

1
TeamGreen
Posts
37754
Joined
11/25/2008
Location
Thru-out, CA, USA
7/19/2026 8:35am

Musical Chairs coming up…? 

1
DC98
Posts
41
Joined
12/29/2017
Location
Las Vegas, NV, USA
7/20/2026 7:12am

Who actually watches these stink fest races??

THEY SUCK!!!!!!!!

The only thing I watch are the highlights on YouTube!!

F1 IMO really does SUCK this year!!!

 

1
1
-MAVERICK-
Posts
68121
Joined
3/26/2015
Location
Ontario, CA
7/20/2026 7:54am
DC98 wrote:

Who actually watches these stink fest races??

THEY SUCK!!!!!!!!

The only thing I watch are the highlights on YouTube!!

F1 IMO really does SUCK this year!!!

 

I watch them, but I missed a few. I've lost interest this year. 

Maybe next year will be better with the adjustments to the power units or the year after. 

I wish we could skip to the V8 next year. 

1
1
-MAVERICK-
Posts
68121
Joined
3/26/2015
Location
Ontario, CA
7/20/2026 10:39am

I'm in Canada so I can't speak on the TV package side of things. If I remember correctly the Apple TV thing was a US only thing, but if it ever goes that way, I'm out. 

SKIDLID
Posts
1298
Joined
4/9/2013
Location
Fairmont, MN, USA
7/20/2026 12:09pm

I watch on Apple tv but I don't think the production is anywhere as good as in the past. I loved Martin Brundle walking through the staging area in the old production. I did enjoy the Miami race with Terry Crews walking through the staging area this year. 

TeamGreen
Posts
37754
Joined
11/25/2008
Location
Thru-out, CA, USA
7/21/2026 6:05am
TeamGreen wrote:

Qatar on 11/27-29 

Abu Dhabi on 12/4-6

Gonna be interesting if they pull it off!

Guess they're not going to "pull it off". 

Damn 

Twigster
Posts
487
Joined
8/29/2018
Location
GB
7/21/2026 6:55am
TeamGreen wrote:

Qatar on 11/27-29 

Abu Dhabi on 12/4-6

Gonna be interesting if they pull it off!

TeamGreen wrote:

Guess they're not going to "pull it off". 

Damn 

No reason they couldn’t have put good tracks in instead (Portimao, Turkey, Imola, Hockenheim). 

All the ME tracks are bollocks anyway. 

1
TeamGreen
Posts
37754
Joined
11/25/2008
Location
Thru-out, CA, USA
7/21/2026 12:10pm
TeamGreen wrote:

Qatar on 11/27-29 

Abu Dhabi on 12/4-6

Gonna be interesting if they pull it off!

TeamGreen wrote:

Guess they're not going to "pull it off". 

Damn 

Twigster wrote:

No reason they couldn’t have put good tracks in instead (Portimao, Turkey, Imola, Hockenheim). 

All the ME tracks are bollocks anyway. 

Lets just have a 3 Day Ultra-Finale...at..

Nürburgring

1
kmc140
Posts
433
Joined
11/30/2024
Location
Green Bay, WI, USA
7/21/2026 1:47pm

Oh hell no ... old school tracks that haven't seen F1 ... portable barriers brought in to shut the FIA up. Laguna Seca, Donnington Park, and Valencia would work for me. 

1
1
SEEMEFIRST
Posts
14213
Joined
8/21/2006
Location
Arlington, TX, USA
7/21/2026 7:27pm
kmc140 wrote:
Oh hell no ... old school tracks that haven't seen F1 ... portable barriers brought in to shut the FIA up. Laguna Seca, Donnington Park, and...

Oh hell no ... old school tracks that haven't seen F1 ... portable barriers brought in to shut the FIA up. Laguna Seca, Donnington Park, and Valencia would work for me. 

Watkins Glen!!!!

1
1
TeamGreen
Posts
37754
Joined
11/25/2008
Location
Thru-out, CA, USA
7/22/2026 5:05pm

Is Laguna long enough for F1…?

I’ve got a few laps there and it seems a whole lot shorter than COTA🤣

kmc140
Posts
433
Joined
11/30/2024
Location
Green Bay, WI, USA
7/23/2026 3:31am Edited Date/Time 7/23/2026 3:33am

Probably not, at 2.2 miles its just over half of Cota or Road America, which I'd prefer since I'm an hour away. But who wouldn't kill to hear the teams coming to grips with the corkscrew. Cota is a known commodity so I'd really prefer they go to an new to the series location. Having them cancel the rounds outright is absurd as there are tracks available. And to wrap themselves in the excuse of logistics is a lie.

The change to the unknown would absolutely work. 

1
-MAVERICK-
Posts
68121
Joined
3/26/2015
Location
Ontario, CA
7/24/2026 12:24pm

Hungary 

FP1 

1000011759 0
-MAVERICK-
Posts
68121
Joined
3/26/2015
Location
Ontario, CA
7/24/2026 12:25pm

FP2 

1000011760
TeamGreen
Posts
37754
Joined
11/25/2008
Location
Thru-out, CA, USA
7/24/2026 1:16pm

When the wind picked up…some of the cars got pretty loose. 

1

Post a reply to: F1 2026

The Latest