WP Shock help?!

Related:
Create New Tag

4/29/2020 10:07 PM

Okay so I have a 2018 Ktm 125SX. The rear shock is leaking and needs rebuilt. To save some money for now. I will be rebuilding it myself. I’ve done shock rebuilds on other bikes before. I’m having trouble coming up with a solution to charge the shock. I don’t want to do a bladder conversion. So I’ve come down to 2 options. The rubber race tech bolt or drill out and tap the hole for a schrader valve. I like the idea of drilling and tapping it out but say in the future if I want to get my stock valving changed will suspension company’s turn their nose because it’s drilled?

|

4/30/2020 1:47 AM

If a suspension company turns up their nose at it, move on to the next company.

|

4/30/2020 10:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/30/2020 10:14 PM

Get your self a Schrader valve to install and a mountain bike pump. Nitrogen is not mandatory. Only a bar suspension service would turn to away for drilling and tapping that

|

5/1/2020 7:52 AM

I have a Factory Connection bladder kit for sale for $75. Some bozo on eBay bought it and didn't know how to install it and returned it and didn't send the clip back at the bottom. You would need to get that clip.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

5/1/2020 11:37 AM

|

Powerband in every gear !

5/8/2020 3:21 PM

The Schrader valve sounds like a good plan, I made a tool up for charging with the original bolt which works ok. Have been reading about vacuum bleeding but after taking my Wp shock apart there isn't any sign of air

|

5/8/2020 8:03 PM

Can you post a picture of that fitting/tool

|

5/8/2020 8:42 PM

Does anyone know if it’s worth buying the shock bleeder system with all of the fittings just to service yours and your friends shocks? Or is there a cheaper/smarter solution? Looks like it would cost around $800 for everything

|

5/9/2020 4:32 AM

I think the vacuum bleeder is mainly needed on pds (?) shocks that have two pistons because it's harder to get the air out from between them. I have also found that when assembling the shock the seal head displaces the floating piston to the proper setting when it's inserted

|

5/9/2020 4:34 AM

A couple pics of my setup:
Photo
Photo

|

5/9/2020 5:08 AM

I’ve used the RT bolt and it worked fine. I have also installed a bladder kit to not have to fiddle with the bolt or drilling/tapping for a schrader valve.

Have also done hand bleeds and used air instead of nitrogen. Both were fine for me.

|

5/9/2020 7:53 AM

TC125 wrote:

A couple pics of my setup:
Photo
Photo

That’s pretty cool looking, I’m going to have to read more into it

|

5/9/2020 8:26 AM

Drilled, tapped and added a Schrader. $15 job and works perfectly

|

5/13/2020 7:41 AM